LYN Runners Version.11

views

Alvan86
post Feb 5 2023, 01:12 PM

Casual
322 posts

QUOTE(tcapmibus @ Feb 4 2023, 11:15 AM)
Running and try audiobooks

U won't notice how fast time past after listening to some good audiobooks while running, I reccomend scribd since it's like Netflix for audio books
If u want 2 months trial for free u can pm me for my referral code invite
thanks for good suggestion.What's the membership plan like?
tcapmibus
post Feb 5 2023, 01:21 PM

Casual
388 posts

QUOTE(Alvan86 @ Feb 5 2023, 01:12 PM)
thanks for good suggestion.What's the membership plan like?
Rm 48 permonth close to netflix subscription, can pm me and I'll pass u 2 months free subscription to test
Kennchew
post Feb 5 2023, 09:42 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

Anyone registered for the kl city half marathon coming this 5th of March? I am really training hard for it and it will be my first marathon ever to be joined
statikinetic
post Feb 6 2023, 12:51 AM

BaneCat
2,903 posts

QUOTE(tcapmibus @ Feb 4 2023, 11:21 AM)
Anyone has experience running in ascis novablast?

Currently not loving my ultraboost 21, since the cage feels like chaffing my foot for LSD
Same for me. The edge of the Ultraboost cage digs into my foot during longer runs and I ended up bleeding from both feet near the top of the foot.
Heard good things about the Novablast 3 but have not tried it.

Picked up the Invincible 2 and the Pegs at half price and been using those instead.

tcapmibus
post Feb 6 2023, 02:31 AM

Casual
388 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Feb 6 2023, 12:51 AM)
Same for me. The edge of the Ultraboost cage digs into my foot during longer runs and I ended up bleeding from both feet near the top of the foot.

Picked up the Invincible 2 and the Pegs at half price and been using those instead.
I'll prolly get the novablast 3 tr since alot mentioned better grips during wet surfaces
tcapmibus
post Feb 6 2023, 02:33 AM

Casual
388 posts

QUOTE(Kennchew @ Feb 5 2023, 09:42 PM)
Anyone registered for the kl city half marathon coming this 5th of March? I am really training hard for it and it will be my first marathon ever to be joined
All da best, take is slow n steady try not to over pace ya self
statikinetic
post Feb 6 2023, 08:56 AM

BaneCat
2,903 posts

QUOTE(tcapmibus @ Feb 6 2023, 02:31 AM)
I'll prolly get the novablast 3 tr since alot mentioned better grips during wet surfaces
Let us know how those turn out.
george_dave91
post Feb 24 2023, 01:54 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

Guys. I keep getting shin splints whenever I train for a run. Always try to progress slowly but still wind up triggering the shin splints, then having to abandon all running training plans for months. Tried the couch to 5k plan but started feeling the shin splints third week in. It’s quite i frustrating. I recently bought new shoes (decathlon jogflow, best my budget could afford).

I have a 5k 2 weeks from now and again feel mild shin splints occurring. Is it advisable to mainly do walks for the remaining time then run on race day? I notice the less I train for runs, the less injury I get, but of course my muscles would be to stiff to perform well on race day.

Does anyone know of any good training plan to build up however slow but mainly avoid shin splints and other injuries? My goal is to master 5Ks, get to podium worthy 5k times.
hairy_porker
post Feb 24 2023, 09:17 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(george_dave91 @ Feb 24 2023, 01:54 PM)
Guys. I keep getting shin splints whenever I train for a run. Always try to progress slowly but still wind up triggering the shin splints, then having to abandon all running training plans for months. Tried the couch to 5k plan but started feeling the shin splints third week in. It’s quite i frustrating. I recently bought new shoes (decathlon jogflow, best my budget could afford).

I have a 5k 2 weeks from now and again feel mild shin splints occurring. Is it advisable to mainly do walks for the remaining time then run on race day? I notice the less I train for runs, the less injury I get, but of course my muscles would be to stiff to perform well on race day.

Does anyone know of any good training plan to  build up however slow but mainly avoid shin splints and other injuries? My goal is to master 5Ks, get to podium worthy 5k times.
Do you incorporate strength and flexibility training?

Honestly, I also lazy to spend time on rest day, but I learned in hard way;
Only after having plantar facia due to tight hamstring and calf muscle I started incorporate it, better late than never lol

hairy_porker
post Feb 24 2023, 09:22 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Feb 6 2023, 12:51 AM)

Had same issue don the adidas with plastic cage that reinforced lacing, but on different shoes. I tot it was due to that I have wide and high volume foot. But seems you also have issue despite having normal foot as you are able to wear Nike; which usually have narrow fitting.

This post has been edited by hairy_porker: Feb 24 2023, 09:25 PM
Aaron212
post Feb 24 2023, 09:47 PM

Regular
1,631 posts

QUOTE(george_dave91 @ Feb 24 2023, 09:54 AM)

Does anyone know of any good training plan to  build up however slow but mainly avoid shin splints and other injuries? My goal is to master 5Ks, get to podium worthy 5k times.
If its not the issue of over training or increasing mileage too quickly maybe try different running surface?

Maybe try softer surface like inside stadium on the track

Or invest into better running specific shoes
mothangel
post Feb 27 2023, 01:42 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

I am participating in a 5K event for the first time.

What you wish you knew before your first 5K?

MFLooi
post Mar 3 2023, 03:18 PM

Getting Started
189 posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olpUrL-w2qg
MFLooi
post Mar 3 2023, 03:24 PM

Getting Started
189 posts

EveryMove x Garmin Run Club - Mass Gathering.
Below is the details for our upcoming session,
* This Running Clinic is Open to Public, Everyone is Invited!

Date: 4th March 2023
Time: 7:30am - 9:30am
Menu: Negative Split Run
Place: Taman Rekreasi Bukit Jalil (Gate C Parking near AFC)
Waze Map: https://waze.com/ul/hw2833s5w5
Address: Jalan 13/155c, Bukit Jalil, 57000 Kuala Lumpur, WPKL

Registeration Link:
https://forms.gle/M99WMKXhfudxjUAVA

#EveryMove #EveryMoveSportsClub
#GarminMY #BeatYesterdayMY

user posted image
Kennchew
post Mar 6 2023, 09:26 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

Just finished my first half marathon yesterday was able to maintain a steady pace till that last 6km bukit tunku route wrecked me real hard. Legs just gave up. No choice but to walk all the way till the finish line but still managed to finish before the cutoff time. Feel kinda disappointed with myself as I have been training really hard during these past 3 months not the result I was expecting for sad.gif
GravityFi3ld
post Mar 7 2023, 09:04 AM

Nick Fury's Night Fury
820 posts

QUOTE(Kennchew @ Mar 6 2023, 09:26 PM)
Just finished my first half marathon yesterday was able to maintain a steady pace till that last 6km bukit tunku route wrecked me real hard. Legs just gave up. No choice but to walk all the way till the finish line but still managed to finish before the cutoff time. Feel kinda disappointed with myself as I have been training really hard during these past 3 months not the result I was expecting for sad.gif
it happens, now is to rest and recuperate flex.gif and job well done for completing the run thumbsup.gif
Aaron212
post Mar 7 2023, 11:35 AM

Regular
1,631 posts

QUOTE(Kennchew @ Mar 6 2023, 05:26 PM)
Maybe u went out too hot?

Its common to be excited n hyped out and when the race starts u went at a pace too fast to maintain

End up burnt up
lightworks
post Mar 7 2023, 02:50 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

weak muscles strength --> try improve calf, abductor, hip muscles

cutting your run doesn't help in long run, please incorporate strengthening exercise in your training plan, in order for you to run injury free 5k

learn how to engage larger muscles group to be your running engine
lightworks
post Mar 7 2023, 02:54 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

QUOTE(Kennchew @ Mar 6 2023, 09:26 PM)
legs gave up, you don't have to be disappointed

but, you should identify what's wrong with your training plan, and your actual race running strategy (pacing strategy, fueling & hydrating etc)

and, refine & adjust for next race
ChipZ
post Mar 9 2023, 04:16 PM

Regular
1,252 posts

Anyone bought from Al-ikhsan before? Just noticed their running shoes (even latest models) are cheaper than the others

138 Pages « < 133 134 135 136 137 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0158sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:56 AM