138 Pages « < 112 113 114 115 116 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Runners Version.11

views

Vrese
post Dec 9 2019, 09:35 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(lightworks @ Dec 8 2019, 09:25 AM)
love to read the above discussion on science of running

apart from that, I would like to know, if anyone like me having bruises on legs after running? i did google, but, hope to hear anyone here are having same problem?
That strange. I never have this problem
Kidicarus
post Dec 9 2019, 10:40 AM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
VIP
727 posts

QUOTE(lightworks @ Dec 8 2019, 09:25 AM)
love to read the above discussion on science of running

apart from that, I would like to know, if anyone like me having bruises on legs after running? i did google, but, hope to hear anyone here are having same problem?
Seriously though - see a doctor for that. No one on this forum is qualified to give you medical advice that you can rely on.
Kidicarus
post Dec 9 2019, 10:51 AM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
VIP
727 posts

QUOTE(Vrese @ Dec 6 2019, 01:47 PM)
Look like we have the same problem here.
I like the way you put it "passes the sanity check"  laugh.gif  laugh.gif That's what I do, check if it just a spike. No..it linear

Agree with you. Easy miles are compulsory. Looking forward to see your update, if my doubt are proven maybe I should get chest strap HRM as well. My forerunner 235 no %LTHR option though.

Agree with you hr are effected by many things. Respect for you to be able to handle and run with the stress from workplace at the same time. That's the exact issue with running, we know exactly how to get there, how to execute it but somehow couldn't laugh.gif it required a lot of discipline and motivation. While others problem I see when someone get the understanding through reading or listening from other people about intensity of Lactate Threshold training but somehow still didn't hit the correct intensity. This thing require a lot of trail and error until you truly understand your body and the correct intensity that you should put to it in order to get the outcome you wanted. I've seen people dashing 1k repeat for lactate threshold training, that just too intense  puke.gif  laugh.gif
For me, running is a way of dealing with stress. I just love how I can zone out when running and not have to think about anything - for sure it's better than just sitting around worrying about stuff.
Vrese
post Dec 9 2019, 11:09 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(Kidicarus @ Dec 9 2019, 10:51 AM)
For me, running is a way of dealing with stress.  I just love how I can zone out when running and not have to think about anything - for sure it's better than just sitting around worrying about stuff.
Indeed..the amount of endorphins your brain produce from running are more then enough to compensate life stress. You will be more calm, fokus and of course higher energy level. It really hard to have bad emotion during a run no matter how hard you try laugh.gif laugh.gif bad side, running are addictive
pilotHans
post Dec 10 2019, 04:42 PM

scuderia ferrari pit crew (" ,)
2,525 posts

anyone here using garmin watch. need to ask on how u guys transfer a .gpx file into ur garmin biggrin.gif PM me coz i dont wanna spam this thread. tqvm .
its just my 3rd time using .GPX. i know i can use it via my phone.. but when it comes to my garmin, im really clueeless sweat.gif

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

got an upcoming trail event this weekend sweat.gif
SUSpalankon
post Dec 12 2019, 12:49 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

where can i find Polar heart rate monitor ? the chest strap one.

most watch shop and fitness shop i go dont sell them. nowadays it seems wrist HRM is the trend ? which are not accurate and too expensive for me.

please recommend me shop i can go where i can find analog chest strap based HRM watch..
uglyduckling422
post Dec 12 2019, 12:59 PM

Casual
313 posts

Any place sales now? want buy hiking shoes . thank you
biastee
post Dec 12 2019, 02:22 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(palankon @ Dec 12 2019, 12:49 PM)
where can i find Polar heart rate monitor ? the chest strap one.

most watch shop and fitness shop i go dont sell them. nowadays it seems wrist HRM is the trend ? which are not accurate and too expensive for me.

please recommend me shop i can go where i can find analog chest strap based HRM watch..
https://www.harveynorman.com.my/smart-tech-...ensor-xs-s.html
silver311
post Dec 15 2019, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
190 posts

Where do you guys usually search for upcoming runs list? The site lists in the 1st post, most of them are now down.
hondaracer
post Dec 15 2019, 12:45 PM

Regular
1,578 posts

QUOTE(silver311 @ Dec 15 2019, 11:41 AM)
Where do you guys usually search for upcoming runs list? The site lists in the 1st post, most of them are now down.
Hi,

Search for pacemaker and runnerific, they maintain a list of events.
Kidicarus
post Jan 2 2020, 10:40 AM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
VIP
727 posts

Happy New Year runners!

Did a 30 minute time trial yesterday. Set a new PB on 5k which increased my vdot from 32 to 34. Average HR for last 20 minutes was 165 which is now my LTHR to be used for setting zones. Will train based on those numbers for the next month or so and then retest.

Last month my mileage was roughly 30km a week. New years resolution will be to slowly increase mileage up to 45km - and then follow a half Marathon training plan.

Short term goals will be to improve my 5k times to increase my Vdot values and ramp up the intensity and break 1 hour on the 10k eventually.
lightworks
post Jan 3 2020, 09:48 AM

Getting Started
56 posts

QUOTE(Kidicarus @ Jan 2 2020, 10:40 AM)
Happy New Year runners!

Did a 30 minute time trial yesterday.  Set a new PB on 5k which increased my vdot from 32 to 34.  Average HR for last 20 minutes was 165 which is now my LTHR to be used for setting zones.  Will train based on those numbers for the next month or so and then retest.

Last month my mileage was roughly 30km a week.  New years resolution will be to slowly increase mileage up to 45km - and then follow a half Marathon training plan.

Short term goals will be to improve my 5k times to increase my Vdot values and ramp up the intensity and break 1 hour on the 10k eventually.
happy new year,

is that your new year resolution? what's your 5k & 10k timing?

which HM training plan you planned to follow?
TS90Boyz
post Jan 3 2020, 09:54 AM

UTMB !!
3,720 posts

Happy New Year runners!

Did a 30 minute time trial yesterday.  Set a new PB on 5k which increased my vdot from 32 to 34.  Average HR for last 20 minutes was 165 which is now my LTHR to be used for setting zones.  Will train based on those numbers for the next month or so and then retest.

Last month my mileage was roughly 30km a week.  New years resolution will be to slowly increase mileage up to 45km - and then follow a half Marathon training plan.

Happy New Years
Moderator also lazy these day , busy in work , no time to layan running anymore .. lost the morale unlike those day when started to run sad.gif
Kidicarus
post Jan 3 2020, 10:24 AM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
VIP
727 posts

QUOTE(lightworks @ Jan 3 2020, 09:48 AM)
happy new year,

is that your new year resolution? what's your 5k & 10k timing?

which HM training plan you planned to follow?
I'm getting into running quite late in life (started 2018 at 43). PB for 5k is 27:25 in that 30min time trial. I've not raced a proper 10k since 2018 when I first started so my best 10k was during the PB HM in Nov when I did 1:05:25. Based on my workouts now - Improving my 5k time by 1 minute next month is achievable.

2019 was training for triathlons so I wasn't mostly doing easy stuff to build my aerobic engine. This year I want to try to put some focus on the running. Get some quality sessions in to improve my speed instead of just chilling out in zone 2. And avoid injury.

QUOTE(90Boyz @ Jan 3 2020, 09:54 AM)
Happy New Years
Moderator also lazy these day , busy in work , no time to layan running anymore .. lost the morale unlike those day when started to run  sad.gif
2020 will be a good year I'm sure! I'm busier than ever with work but I'm finding that making time for running is such a big improvement to quality of life.
TS90Boyz
post Jan 3 2020, 11:12 AM

UTMB !!
3,720 posts

QUOTE(Kidicarus @ Jan 3 2020, 10:24 AM)
2020 will be a good year I'm sure!  I'm busier than ever with work but I'm finding that making time for running is such a big improvement to quality of life.
Good to hear that bro
is never to start late rather that didn't start at all .. health is wealth smile.gif

Vrese
post Jan 3 2020, 12:12 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

Happy New Year runners!

Congratulation man..happy for you.

By the way, mind if ask about Magene Chest Strap Heart Rate sensor if you know this any good or know anyone using it, is the sensor usable? very cheap though, RM69 only in shopee.

Interested to get 1 for my forerunner 235 to get more accurate hr reading.
Kidicarus
post Jan 3 2020, 03:38 PM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
VIP
727 posts

QUOTE(Vrese @ Jan 3 2020, 12:12 PM)
Congratulation man..happy for you.

By the way, mind if ask about Magene Chest Strap Heart Rate sensor if you know this any good or know anyone using it, is the sensor usable? very cheap though, RM69 only in shopee.

Interested to get 1 for my forerunner 235 to get more accurate hr reading.
Sorry man, don't know the answer to your question. In the end I just used the wrist based HR reading.

I do feel though that taking the final 20 minute average HR from a 30 minute time trial is good enough to calculate your LTHR. Any HR spikes would be flattened out over the time period. You mentioned earlier that your forerunner235 does not support LTHR - but this is a setting you can change within garmin connect and is much better than any random max HR less age formula for calculating zones.

Vrese
post Jan 3 2020, 03:45 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(Kidicarus @ Jan 3 2020, 03:38 PM)
Sorry man, don't know the answer to your question.  In the end I just used the wrist based HR reading.

I do feel though that taking the final 20 minute average HR from a 30 minute time trial is good enough to calculate your LTHR.  Any HR spikes would be flattened out over the time period.  You mentioned earlier that your forerunner235 does not support LTHR - but this is a setting you can change within garmin connect and is much better than any random max HR less age formula for calculating zones.
This will be a stupid question, if I change the setting in my Garmin connect how will the zone shown in my watch during work out? will it still follow what I set in Garmin Connect?
Kidicarus
post Jan 3 2020, 03:56 PM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
VIP
727 posts

QUOTE(Vrese @ Jan 3 2020, 03:45 PM)
This will be a stupid question, if I change the setting in my Garmin connect how will the zone shown in my watch during work out? will it still follow what I set in Garmin Connect?
How I do it is I enter the zone in Device settings>user settings for your watch on the garmin connect website. The next time the watch syncs with the app on the phone, your watch will display your new HR Zones and your charts for new activities made will reflect the new zones. Unfortunately as far as I can tell there is no way of entering pace zones on Connect although you could probably do that on strava.

This post has been edited by Kidicarus: Jan 3 2020, 03:56 PM
Vrese
post Jan 3 2020, 04:28 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(Kidicarus @ Jan 3 2020, 03:56 PM)
How I do it is I enter the zone in Device settings>user settings for your watch on the garmin connect website.  The next time the watch syncs with the app on the phone, your watch will display your new HR Zones and your charts for new activities made will reflect the new zones.  Unfortunately as far as I can tell there is no way of entering pace zones on Connect although you could probably do that on strava.
Now I understand what you mean. That option still need MaxHR right? which I do not know/not sure laugh.gif

That for your response by the way

138 Pages « < 112 113 114 115 116 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0178sec    0.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:18 AM