3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Runners Version.11

views

Vrese
post Aug 25 2018, 09:25 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(teongpeng @ Aug 24 2018, 08:32 PM)
What do you guys think about doing 90minutes to 2hour runs daily?
depend on one's fitness. If your fitness allow you will gain a lot of benefit in term of performance otherwise serious injury are awaiting
Vrese
post Aug 28 2018, 11:44 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(domo_kun @ Aug 26 2018, 05:31 PM)
Tumpang, tumpang. I've a UD Race Belt 4.0 size S/M for sale. Brand new, unused, comes with soft flask. Anyone interested, let me know.  icon_rolleyes.gif
seeling for how much?
Vrese
post Oct 23 2018, 11:45 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(zeipher @ Oct 22 2018, 05:49 PM)
After half a year of being a potato due to an injury, tried running yesterday. No pain!  rclxm9.gif  rclxm9.gif  rclxm9.gif

But stamina gone kao kao. Only manage to run 2km and DOMS is kicking in  laugh.gif
Don't get too excited yet. Injury sometime feels like its gone but actually its still there. It will reappear from time to time. Better observe properly and still be careful for now..
Vrese
post Nov 24 2018, 11:40 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(hondaracer @ Nov 24 2018, 07:16 AM)
Hi,

Some quick important little adjustments:

1) do 1 really long run, compared to weekday run, this run must be LONG, but can be much slower: concept to build aerobic base - capilaries in legs, mitocondria larger and growth & strengthing slow twitch muscle. shoot for sweet spot of 60 mins min to 90 mins. Best to rest or cross train next day.
2) for tueaday, make it a run, not jog... repeats of 400m, 800m or 1k or 1 mile, run at zone 4 for below 1k or at least 5 mins, at longer distance if 1j or up to 3k repeats, high aerobic zone 3: this is high intensity run so next day, must be EASY JOG..
This is unsustainable for long term build up. Careful with injury

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Nov 24 2018, 08:19 AM)
Only happened in marathon run only......water always drink,
I think you are having hydration problem
Vrese
post Nov 24 2018, 01:39 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(LittleSmarty @ Nov 24 2018, 01:10 PM)
Thanks for the advices. What you meant is for weekdays I train in zone 3 & 4, and for weekend I train in zone 1?
In addition, do long distance runners have extra time to do gym/workout? I like to run but at the same time I do not want to have a very skinny body like those professional marathoner.

Why is it unsustainable? Do you mind elaborate more?
which 1 zone 4 you guys referring to? 90-100% max heart rate?
fatigue kick in you will wear out..How you train? can force but will lead to injury
Vrese
post Nov 27 2018, 11:42 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(hondaracer @ Nov 26 2018, 09:00 AM)
Hi,

Speedwork need to adjust to fitness level and capability, and need to listen to body. Best to adjust speedwork after listen to body. Always follow 20% & 80% rule of running.

Thanks for concern.
I thought you are referring to 90-100% heart rate zone. My bad..sometime i get confuse because i didn't really consider resting heart rate zone as a zone for work out. Mind you some new runner can be jogging at zone 4 at 8m/km, and it's not a speedwork (like me) nod.gif
Vrese
post Nov 27 2018, 03:19 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(hondaracer @ Nov 27 2018, 02:41 PM)
Hi,

Have you tried to increase your muscle gylcogen store? It can be enlarged as well as increasing mitocondria and building more capilaries in leg.

I am not a coach, and not selling "snake oil", nor nu-skin... 😂..

Best Regards
I know increasing mitochondria, but never heard of increasing your muscle glycogen store. I only replenish glycogen store, mind to share?
Vrese
post Nov 27 2018, 03:27 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(hondaracer @ Nov 27 2018, 02:38 PM)
Hi

Hahaha... yes you are right, some are at 8 min/km but HR like hit max HR... i was one of them 😞.. Running is good, it can bring your rest HR down.

I have been running almost 2 years.. at 8 min/km pace, my HR today is at lower zone 3. But if you monitor carefully, it has some connection to muscle glycogen, at start of run my HR is in zone 2 at pace 8 min/km.. but after 15 km, if i dun refuel, even at pace 8 min/km, HR is at LT level, 88% max HR. My body is not burning fat fast enough efficiently 🙄.

I have hit 110% max HR and have stayed in zone 4-5 HR for over 40 mins. Some runners are running HM and FM at zone 4 & zone 5 for hours, scary action but i believed that they trained wrongly by focussing on anaerobic system.
I think you have not hit your max heart rate yet. Go run 1km as fast as you can possibly can or long hill sprint. The feeling should be 'almost passed out' by the time you finish it. With luck, you will register new highest heart rate reading. Then your zone could be more accurate. Not possible to hold zone 5 even for 15 minutes (for me)
Vrese
post Nov 28 2018, 01:42 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(hondaracer @ Nov 28 2018, 11:36 AM)
Hi

Sorry bro, i was re-digging my old notes, hanson used to have links that discuss how to do "muscle glycogen replenishment" and how to induce growth of glycogen size... can grow till certain size. But i cannot find it, broken links... to share with you... my bad..

Looks like luke humphrey (co-author of Hanson book) is "branching"out.. i see "humprey running logo" in some of the previous hanson web site.
Nvm bro, guess im out of luck.
Vrese
post Jan 23 2019, 02:39 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(likimikuku @ Jan 22 2019, 09:06 PM)
i only manage to found this

Shoe

any particular model that i can search?

thanks
How about this or this

Use code ANGPAU88 get 15% disc
Vrese
post Jan 23 2019, 06:53 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(likimikuku @ Jan 23 2019, 05:49 PM)
Not able to find
Mind share the link or location.
Thanks
Nice, just within my budget
Thanks
No problem bro. Stop wearing those crappy shoes if you run a lot. Find proper shoe like this. Just be careful if you are heavy because those shoe are not really a cushion shoe. More for fast running but should be much better then your previous shoes
Vrese
post Feb 14 2019, 05:01 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(ahmy @ Jan 30 2019, 09:19 AM)
Hey guys, may i know what is the correct way to running. I got read in the internet said that need to land on forefoot but i found it its not natural to land on forefoot when slow jogging and hurts at my calves. If a speeding then only natural to land on forefoot. Do you guys have any tips on this?
Landing flat.

Slowly transition to midfoot. Then slowly to forefoot..if can't, midfoot is not wrong
Vrese
post Apr 20 2019, 11:28 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(vin_ann @ Feb 26 2019, 11:47 AM)
Saw this New Balance minimalist shoe on display at 1U yesterday

RM699

Heart pain if buy

Anyone know which minimalist shoe model is available here?

Now I can't see any Asics TMM467
https://sportsclick.my/gel-451-men-s-runnin...lash-coral.html
RM278

user posted image
Vrese
post Aug 14 2019, 09:29 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(life4 @ Aug 8 2019, 11:13 PM)
Hi wanna ask sifuss here,

I have been running for around 4 months plus now.From start i run around 3km per run and now i increase till 6-7km per run ( already 1 month plus) but i still not able to
like keep running non stop till 6km. Everytime I run ,I run like 1km then stop and walk and continue like that till 6-7km . From stamina wise actually i do not really feel very tired but  sometime is my leg a bit more tiring and more important factor keep me stop from running is my mental strength. everytime i run pass 1km or some landmark i set then i will stop to rest although i actually i still can run. how can every sifu here keep running nonstop ? any tips?

thanks.
You did the right thing. We need a longer time to develop a strong leg muscle and tendon. Be patient..remember to rest well so you body will develop and repair it self to be stronger. I'd say 4 months is too early to go hard on your leg..just increase your mileage with run walk.

While our cardiovascular adapt faster.
Vrese
post Aug 15 2019, 04:30 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(life4 @ Aug 15 2019, 10:09 AM)
thanks for telling me that our cardiovascular adapt faster. I will just keep running hoping 1 day can join marathon.
2 or 3 more months of running you can finish a marathon but getting better at it take longer time.

Here an example how you can increase your mileage with run walk method if your leg not strong enough yet

As you mention your current fitness is
Run 1 KM walk and able to cover 6-7 KM

now,
Run 2 KM walk 30 sec for 6-7 KM

2 weeks later
Run 2 KM walk 30 sec for 8 KM

2 weeks later
Run 3 KM walk/stop to drink 30 sec for 8 KM

2 weeks later
Run 3 KM walk/stop to drink 30 sec for 10 KM

2 weeks later
Run 5 KM walk/stop to drink 1 min for 10 KM

. . .

Run 5 KM walk/stop to drink 30 sec for 15 KM (at this fitness level you should be able to do HM long run).

Go by feel. If it getting easier for you, there is no need to wait 2 weeks you can always interplay with the interval and total distance
Vrese
post Aug 28 2019, 10:44 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(life4 @ Aug 21 2019, 02:47 PM)
Yea  I also want to increase the distance gradually just i still feel  a bit bored if running for a long time that why once reach my target i feel like to stop lol. how can you drink water without feeling throwing up if keep runnning? very hard for me.
Don't go hard on yourself everytime you go out running. Time to time run really easy. The endorphin surge will get you euphoria sometime and make you want to keep going. As for long run, there is no other way than force yourself to complete it. Thats the point endurance. Best is to prepare physically and mentally 3 days before a long run though.

Practice..your stomach will get used to it and more efficient. Just drink a little for a start

You need to keep hydrated to keep healthy and have longevity in this sport if you want to improve

This post has been edited by Vrese: Aug 28 2019, 10:51 AM
Vrese
post Oct 21 2019, 10:58 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(qwerty79 @ Oct 18 2019, 10:46 AM)
Hi, from my outsole, anyone know what type is my foot?
This is Power XoRise shoes I bought 2 years ago. I have a normal arch but never expect that my outsole, especially outside part of the heel area, will wear so much. At the front, the wear is almost equal (with slightly more to the outside).

Planning to buy new shoe but now I don't know which shoe type suitable for me.

I'm just a casual runner. Run 2-3 times a week and just recently started back to join some running event.

user posted image
I think you are neutral.

My heel wear out at the side, while yours a bit at the back. I also get more wear out at the end of the toe part. Most of my shoe give out this part 1st before any other parts rclxub.gif
Vrese
post Nov 1 2019, 03:55 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(lightworks @ Nov 1 2019, 09:05 AM)
advice needed; never run FM previously, mistakenly join two FM runs within 2 weeks, does one week or less for rest/recover before next run is sufficient?
It's doable as long you didn't plan to PR or run fast both of them..all your run in between this 2 FM are easy and just to maintain your fitness. Good luck
Vrese
post Nov 8 2019, 04:49 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(chester_85 @ Nov 5 2019, 09:58 AM)
Weekly mileage 40~50k is a lot.  shocking.gif
Just go for it! thumbsup.gif
guess you are not trying to miss lead him hmm.gif
Vrese
post Nov 11 2019, 09:22 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(chester_85 @ Nov 8 2019, 11:27 PM)
of course not.
If he is doing 40~50k weekly mileage all these while , means that he got enough training and his body already get used to it.
aa you got a point there. As we know FM is all about endurance..the key here is long run at least 25KM which is 50% if he say 50k/week. Not enough, need to increase it

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0742sec    0.25    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:45 PM