Win a pair of tickets for Malaysia v Vietnam tonight http://lowy.at/uv3kD

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LG OLED TV Discussion Thread, OLED TV

szecheng
post Nov 21 2018, 03:45 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

anyone facing problem: cannot install/update Amazon Prime Video?
HHCC
post Nov 22 2018, 04:40 PM

Getting Started

Will be getting an OLED TV soon. Undecided between the LG 65" C7 or C8. Leaning towards the cheaper C7 (cheaper by RM2000) and use the savings for a professional calibration service. How much should I expect a pro to charge for this service. TQ
enkil
post Nov 22 2018, 06:09 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

Go for new C8 smile.gif
DJ-Spike
post Dec 2 2018, 09:30 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Nov 8 2018, 03:50 PM)
The soundbar redemption is already over IINM, but LG being LG - they're just gonna keep doing FOC soundbars anyway. It's not even a "promotion" anymore.

Yes burn-in issues are real. It's part and parcel of OLEDs, no 2 ways around that. But when or how it happens entirely depends on the usage of the user. I'm still on my 18 months old C7 and I've yet to have any sign of burn-in, I use it as an all round display for PC, gaming and movies. Temporary IR, definitely. But if a user says they've never had temporary IR then they'd be lying through their bunghole or they don't even have an OLED in the first place.

For the individual pixels themselves losing brightness (and there fore vibrancy), yes - that too will happen. But for me, I vary my content so much that I'm very certain that every pixel on my C7 are aged pretty close to another - so even on test check patterns, I don't see much variation. I know people who uses their OLEDs to watch only letterboxed movies and after a long while, they'd be surprised to see the top and bottom part of their screens being brighter than the middle part of the screen on a full screen. Point being, just vary your content.
Hi, I was curious about the burn-in myself and I thought back in April you said your TV was 8 months old but now in November (just after 7 months) it's already 18 months old?

This post has been edited by DJ-Spike: Dec 2 2018, 09:30 AM
SSJBen
post Dec 3 2018, 07:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(DJ-Spike @ Dec 2 2018, 09:30 AM)
Hi, I was curious about the burn-in myself and I thought back in April you said your TV was 8 months old but now in November (just after 7 months) it's already 18 months old?
Obvious typo bro. The C7 hasn't even been out for 18 months yet in Malaysia. My bad.
DJ-Spike
post Dec 4 2018, 09:01 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Dec 3 2018, 07:22 PM)
Obvious typo bro. The C7 hasn't even been out for 18 months yet in Malaysia. My bad.
All good, man.
Convael
post Dec 6 2018, 12:31 PM

Casual

LG's 2018 OLEDs have just received its newest firmware 4.10.15 in Malaysia as well , which will fix the HDR brightness fluctuation we discussed from previous page .

Currently available to download from LG's website or via webOS automatic update .

[04.10.15]
1. To improve that the subtitle is not displayed when HbbTV app in on. (except US Model)
2. Change HDR luminance curve. (webOS4.0 O18 Model)

A round of applause to LG for responding so quickly to the user's feedbacks . The time they took from receiving the complaint to actually solving the problems , is unprecedented .

This post has been edited by Convael: Dec 6 2018, 12:42 PM
SSJBen
post Dec 6 2018, 04:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Credit where it's due yes, but isn't the color gamut on the C8 (well entire 8 series) in game mode still locked to "Wide"? How in the world haven't they do anything about this?
Convael
post Dec 6 2018, 08:02 PM

Casual

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Dec 6 2018, 04:35 PM)
Credit where it's due yes, but isn't the color gamut on the C8 (well entire 8 series) in game mode still locked to "Wide"? How in the world haven't they do anything about this?
Because it isn't a very dire issue for them , or perhaps they don't think the color accuracy in game mode is as crucial as other viewing purposes. On /B7/C7 and B6/ C6 they are locked to Wide as well.
There are also the lip sync issues and hissing problems from the 77 inches models .

Some of these have persisted for years .

TV makers have been getting lazy , just like how Sony simply reuse their most accurate setting and marketing it as a new feature " Netflix mode ".
Still it took Panasonic 6 months + to do anything about the stutters on their TVs . While Sony is still struggling with their Dolby Vision and dimming problems on AF8 and A1E . The latest AF9 wouldn't even support HDR for youtube.

In general they aren't perfect , they are just doing better than the rivals .

This post has been edited by Convael: Dec 6 2018, 08:25 PM
enkil
post Dec 7 2018, 12:57 AM

Regular

QUOTE(Convael @ Dec 6 2018, 12:31 PM)
LG's 2018 OLEDs have just received its newest firmware 4.10.15 in Malaysia as well , which will fix the HDR brightness fluctuation we discussed from previous page .

Currently available to download from LG's website or via webOS automatic update .

[04.10.15]
1. To improve that the subtitle is not displayed  when HbbTV app in on. (except US Model)
2. Change HDR luminance curve. (webOS4.0 O18 Model)

A round of applause to LG for responding so quickly to the user's feedbacks . The time they took from receiving the complaint to actually solving the problems , is unprecedented .
Yup saw this promps but havent dl yet
tishaban
post Yesterday, 09:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Lazada's 12.12 sales started, prices now as low as ~RM6,799 ie. RM6,999 minus RM200 coupon from some of the stores I checked.

So tempted but I don't watch TV all that much to justify buying one biggrin.gif

VeeJay
post Yesterday, 12:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(tishaban @ Dec 10 2018, 09:36 AM)
Lazada's 12.12 sales started, prices now as low as ~RM6,799 ie. RM6,999 minus RM200 coupon from some of the stores I checked.

So tempted but I don't watch TV all that much to justify buying one biggrin.gif
ya, for 55in some good deals going on...but 65in somewhat remains the same around 11k
SSJBen
post Yesterday, 03:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!

RM6999 does seem tempting. Might jump on it for a bedroom TV.

44 Pages « < 42 43 44Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0662sec    5.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 11th December 2018 - 03:52 PM