Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

halcyon27
post Jun 9 2015, 08:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 9 2015, 03:09 PM)
Yesterday that guy told me compressor got run, but cut off due to too hot, and the gas level inside is low.

For the ppl that got some sense on aircond system will know this either due to compressor run out of gas (due to piping leakage) or the piping is bend and dented so the pressure is too high due to restricted flow. Unless i really fucking unlucky to get a lemon unit which i believe the chance is low. That's why i almost 100% confirm something is wrong in during installation, and the most suspicious one is the piping.

I asked him piping ok or not, he said: I check adi no leak no bend...WTF, how do you know there is no leak without leak test..i really speechless.
Get another AC installer do a pressure leak test. Normally use nitrogen and then seal up both ends without AC. Take reading and another 2 weeks later to determine if there's a leak. Are you in Klang Valley?
coolkwc
post Jun 11 2015, 02:45 PM

Fall in love with audio again.
3,110 posts

Update for my ME aircond.

Just now ME service man checked my aircond. The conclusion they made was during copper pipe welding, the solder was went inside the pipe, eventually clogged the compressor and valve. shocking.gif They release all the gas inside and refill it, and said the gas is 'choking' inside. They said will order compressor motor and valve inside to replace, and the indoor unit cooling coil need to flush as well. They also asked me to reinstall the new copper pipe without welding. So i went to the shop that I purchased.

The boss is very kind (Maybe my face is very angry), he kept apologize to me for introduce such contractor, he said he had a meeting with the contractor boss yesterday, and they adi dismissed those guys who install my aircond that day. hmm.gif unsure.gif He also promised the contractor boss will come himself to install for me. Then i told him the checking result by ME, and i said i can't accept repair, he promised to change a whole new set (both indoor and outdoor) for me. So let's see what happen next. Luckily i din pay them full amount that day, else i'm not sure whether they still willing to bother me or not.
SUSkimsim
post Jun 11 2015, 02:54 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 11 2015, 02:45 PM)

Just now ME service man checked my aircond. The conclusion they made was during copper pipe welding, the solder was went inside the pipe, eventually clogged the compressor and valve. shocking.gif They release all the gas inside and refill it, and said the gas is 'choking' inside. They said will order compressor motor and valve inside to replace, and the indoor unit cooling coil need to flush as well. They also asked me to reinstall the new copper pipe without welding. So i went to the shop that I purchased.

The boss is very kind (Maybe my face is very angry), he kept apologize to me for introduce such contractor, he said he had a meeting with the contractor boss yesterday, and they adi dismissed those guys who install my aircond that day. hmm.gif  unsure.gif He also promised the contractor boss will come himself to install for me. Then i told him the checking result by ME, and i said i can't accept repair, he promised to change a whole new set (both indoor and outdoor) for me. So let's see what happen next. Luckily i din pay them full amount that day, else i'm not sure whether they still willing to bother me or not.
Look at your case like easily case to solve... Anyone still saying ME after sales service may suck?
usop8290
post Jun 11 2015, 02:56 PM

Enthusiast
998 posts

hello guys

how much if i want to relocate my AC to a new house. one unit 1.5hp and one unit 1hp. brand ME and MHI. i was quoted for RM780 includes relocation and service work. is it ok?
SUSkimsim
post Jun 11 2015, 03:00 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(usop8290 @ Jun 11 2015, 02:56 PM)
hello guys

how much if i want to relocate my AC to a new house. one unit 1.5hp and one unit 1hp. brand ME and MHI. i was quoted for RM780 includes relocation and service work. is it ok?
Wah MHI so cheap ah..
babyk
post Jun 11 2015, 03:16 PM

BANNED 101/100(tm) : Your avatar too sexy
All Stars
10,052 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 11 2015, 03:00 PM)
Wah MHI so cheap ah..
Relocation fee la doh.gif
SUSkimsim
post Jun 11 2015, 03:25 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(babyk @ Jun 11 2015, 03:16 PM)
Relocation fee la doh.gif
Oops very confuse

halcyon27
post Jun 11 2015, 03:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 11 2015, 02:45 PM)

The boss is very kind (Maybe my face is very angry), he kept apologize to me for introduce such contractor, he said he had a meeting with the contractor boss yesterday, and they adi dismissed those guys who install my aircond that day. hmm.gif  unsure.gif He also promised the contractor boss will come himself to install for me. Then i told him the checking result by ME, and i said i can't accept repair, he promised to change a whole new set (both indoor and outdoor) for me. So let's see what happen next. Luckily i din pay them full amount that day, else i'm not sure whether they still willing to bother me or not.
Good to know. Something new. This means the solder clogged compressor and valve. The ideal method of piping is compression joints like those use in Thailand.
coolkwc
post Jun 11 2015, 08:39 PM

3,110 posts

today the ME service man told me i still can turn ON my aircond, but won't be at its peak performance. So just now when i back home i turn ON the aircond, the air is not as cold as expected, but still better than nil...after 10 minutes, you know what, WATER START TO DRIP OUT FROM MY INDOOR UNIT AND WET MY FLOOR.

Awesome bastard, YOU ARE NOT GETTING EVEN A SINGLE ITEM INSTALLED CORRECTLY. thumbup.gif
Jason
post Jun 12 2015, 03:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 11 2015, 08:39 PM)
today the ME service man told me i still can turn ON my aircond, but won't be at its peak performance. So just now when i back home i turn ON the aircond, the air is not as cold as expected, but still better than nil...after 10 minutes, you know what, WATER START TO DRIP OUT FROM MY INDOOR UNIT AND WET MY FLOOR.

Awesome bastard, YOU ARE NOT GETTING EVEN A SINGLE ITEM INSTALLED CORRECTLY. thumbup.gif
Should start sharing who is the bastard... so other people don't fall victim...

And I think we should also list down good air con man...and share.. we need to keep the good ones in business.
jason1986
post Jun 12 2015, 08:26 PM

On my way
671 posts

bought a daikin 1.5hp inverter FTK15P (R410A) - P Serial without installation at RM1400. Is the price ok? How much to expect for installation?

Am also looking for another unit of 1hp inverter. Any reasonably priced ones to recommend?

This post has been edited by jason1986: Jun 12 2015, 08:31 PM
^Ware^wolf
post Jun 13 2015, 09:37 AM

Enthusiast
906 posts

QUOTE(jason1986 @ Jun 12 2015, 08:26 PM)
bought a daikin 1.5hp inverter FTK15P (R410A) - P Serial without installation at RM1400. Is the price ok? How much to expect for installation?

Am also looking for another unit of 1hp inverter. Any reasonably priced ones to recommend?
1.5hp installation about 250 .... 1hp inverter around 1200..sharp inverter plasmacluster.... 1400 for 1.5hp inverter is very cheap ....I bought my 1.5hp sharp inverter plasmacluster at RM1499 , on March 2015
river.sand
post Jun 13 2015, 10:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

There are several air con threads. Best to ask moderator to merge them.
mghong
post Jun 14 2015, 12:38 AM

Casual
450 posts

i getting 1hp / 1.5hp/ 2hp all pana inverter recently so far still ok touch wood.

going to next phase now , either getting pana again or daikin ...really want to try other brand but contractor said..better dont..(maybe not much commission ) hahahah
halcyon27
post Jun 14 2015, 08:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(mghong @ Jun 14 2015, 12:38 AM)
i getting 1hp / 1.5hp/ 2hp all pana inverter recently so far still ok  touch wood.

going to next phase now , either getting pana again or daikin ...really want to try other brand but contractor said..better dont..(maybe not much commission ) hahahah
Bedroom or non bedroom? Bedroom try Sharp plasma cluster inverter. The fourth generation inverter much improved. Using first gen in old DSH for kids room and blow air ceiling wards. Cool cocoon at 28° with 1-2 speed fan produces windchill like 26-27° yet at comfortable humidity.

What's the price of the pana inverter for the model you installed?
halcyon27
post Jun 14 2015, 08:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 11 2015, 08:39 PM)

Bro, if the AC refrigerant flow is impaired this will happen. Same if there's a leak or there's not enough charge. I can't explain it but it happen also if the windows or door is not closed and the AC is near it. Installers are hit and miss. If you're in Klang Valley I can recommend one.
coolkwc
post Jun 14 2015, 03:06 PM

3,110 posts

Yerterday the installer boss himself come to my house to install a new set ME at my home, 4 bastard need 3.5 hours to install, he himself alone 1.5 hours settle, see how big the different.

Finally can enjoy the ME aircond yesternight, not bad at all. Just think that the price actually can bought 1.5 daikin inverter adi.
SUSkimsim
post Jun 14 2015, 03:08 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 14 2015, 03:06 PM)
Yerterday the installer boss himself come to my house to install a new set ME at my home, 4 bastard need 3.5 hours to install, he himself alone 1.5 hours settle, see how big the different.

Finally can enjoy the ME aircond yesternight, not bad at all. Just think that the price actually can bought 1.5 daikin inverter adi.
D
Conclusion?

Best or poor of ME set?
coolkwc
post Jun 14 2015, 03:17 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 14 2015, 03:08 PM)
D
Conclusion?

Best or poor of ME set?
I never compare with other brand, solely based on what i got is good, but just too expensive.

No matter how, when i move in to the new house, the 2hp inverter i opt for living room will never be ME i think...would like to give a try to Daikin or Hitachi.
SUSkimsim
post Jun 14 2015, 03:23 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 14 2015, 03:17 PM)
I never compare with other brand, solely based on what i got is good, but just too expensive.

No matter how, when i move in to the new house, the 2hp inverter i opt for living room will never be ME i think...would like to give a try to Daikin or Hitachi.
I see, should try Daikin inverter in future

631 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:53 PM