Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

134 Pages « < 124 125 126 127 128 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cat Lovers V7 ^_^, Fabulous Cats & People

views

Kelly_Sim
post Oct 8 2020, 01:46 AM

18 posts

QUOTE(pillage2001 @ Oct 8 2020, 12:53 AM)
Thanks for the detailed answer. One question though, what brand of food is good? I've read about RC and TOTW. There was a page that i bookmarked on FB but I can't seem to find it now that rates the food. Can you recommend some?
Farmina N&D dry kibbles are trending now.
They only have 10kg and 5kg for now. But i did get mine repacked from shops.

Best protein available now. If u have budget can go for N&D, otherwise you can get their middle range Farmina Matisse.
basilisk
post Oct 8 2020, 11:41 AM

29 posts

stray hibrid munchkin ....

any plans to neuter/spay??
scsoo
post Oct 8 2020, 01:36 PM

Casual
396 posts

1) Which litter sand type is good? I read that there's tofu and all so what do you guys use? I stay in a condo and would like to have as minimal smell as possible.

Using Clay Litter, Do note that clay litter go by Kg and if condo a 12Kg packet not easy to carry. If buy in Bulk say 5 bags of 12Kg will really be a task to carry. I am using OdourLock and seem to does that, lock the odour. Only release smell when scooping and if the cats don't properly buried it. If money no object can always get those automated Litter box that is enclosed. No scooping needed and just bag up and throw.

2) I am planning to go with dry food ( kibbles ) as much as I can. In terms of general health, any supplements that I should add in? I also read that it's good for them to consume raw food. Am thinking that I can get some raw salmon for cheaps so if it's good for the cat, why not?

Mine free feeding kibble and water in tray and fountain. I let them run free at my Condo. Feeding them those 80gm can. Will mix those 80gm can when buy. So they can have variety. Not buying same flavor only. Mix brand as well for variety. Kibble currently using Leornado. Last time using Blackwood. If money no object.. then Orijen....
Food is always the issue.. 1 of my cat is a fussy eater but luckily I have another that eat everything. So the fussy one if don't eat I just pass to the other.

3) How often do they really scratch? I have things on the ground that I really don't want it to be scratched as it's expensive so am trying to figure out how to avoid it.........

Part and parcel of having cat... they need to scratch. For me I live with it. Have all the scratching post and stuff. Cats can be mischievous so need to scold a bit. I don't mind some stuff being destroyed by them, also get those suppose to be cat proof...

4) Vaccine, what is compulsory? How often to deflea/deworm?

Refer to your Vet. Mine all indoor so very little issue with Flea and worms...

pillage2001
post Oct 8 2020, 03:06 PM

Regular
1,589 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Oct 8 2020, 11:41 AM)
stray hibrid munchkin ....

any plans to neuter/spay??
Prolly after 6months..... Any concerns there?
pillage2001
post Oct 8 2020, 03:17 PM

Regular
1,589 posts

QUOTE(scsoo @ Oct 8 2020, 01:36 PM)
1) Which litter sand type is good? I read that there's tofu and all so what do you guys use? I stay in a condo and would like to have as minimal smell as possible.

Using Clay Litter, Do note that clay litter go by Kg and if condo a 12Kg packet not easy to carry. If buy in Bulk say 5 bags of 12Kg will really be a task to carry. I am using OdourLock and seem to does that, lock the odour. Only release smell when scooping and if the cats don't properly buried it. If money no object can always get those automated Litter box that is enclosed. No scooping needed and just bag up and throw.

Lucky I have a storeroom at the basement so I can store it downstairs first but I agree with you on the weight being a bitch. LOL, how much are the automated litter box?

2) I am planning to go with dry food ( kibbles ) as much as I can. In terms of general health, any supplements that I should add in?  I also read that it's good for them to consume raw food. Am thinking that I can get some raw salmon for cheaps so if it's good for the cat, why not?

Mine free feeding kibble and water in tray and fountain. I let them run free at my Condo. Feeding them those 80gm can. Will mix those 80gm can when buy. So they can have variety. Not buying same flavor only. Mix brand as well for variety. Kibble currently using Leornado. Last time using Blackwood. If money no object.. then Orijen....
Food is always the issue.. 1 of my cat is a fussy eater but luckily I have another that eat everything. So the fussy one if don't eat I just pass to the other.

I was shocked at the price of Orijen but getting 5.4Kg seems to be more worthwhile and assuming the cat eats about 80g a day, it can last for 2 months which is okie I guess.

3) How often do they really scratch? I have things on the ground that I really don't want it to be scratched as it's expensive so am trying to figure out how to avoid it.........

Part and parcel of having cat... they need to scratch. For me I live with it. Have all the scratching post and stuff. Cats can be mischievous so need to scold a bit. I don't mind some stuff being destroyed by them, also get those suppose to be cat proof...

Will prolly get a scratching pad or post. I have floorstanding speakers which I don't know how to scratch proof it. lol. My sofa is about destroyed anyway so they can do what they want with the sofa

Refer to your Vet. Mine all indoor so very little issue with Flea and worms...
Thanks for the reply.
pillage2001
post Oct 8 2020, 03:19 PM

Regular
1,589 posts

QUOTE(Kelly_Sim @ Oct 8 2020, 01:46 AM)
Farmina N&D dry kibbles are trending now.
They only have 10kg and 5kg for now. But i did get mine repacked from shops.

Best protein available now. If u have budget can go for N&D, otherwise you can get their middle range Farmina Matisse.
Just saw it on Shopee that sells repack. I'll prolly get a few brands and see what it prefers before buying the 5kg or more ones. Worse come worst, just steam some fish or chicken to start with, lol.

This post has been edited by pillage2001: Oct 8 2020, 03:19 PM
kizwan
post Oct 8 2020, 03:42 PM

BÖw DÖwn TÖ LÖrd PringlËs
810 posts

Anyone have heard about Tornado cat food?
basilisk
post Oct 8 2020, 03:56 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(kizwan @ Oct 8 2020, 03:42 PM)
Anyone have heard about Tornado cat food?
leonardo ada..

tornado... LoL... leme search

xxxxx

ada @ shoppii..

dono mana mali..

This post has been edited by basilisk: Oct 8 2020, 03:58 PM
basilisk
post Oct 8 2020, 04:01 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(pillage2001 @ Oct 8 2020, 03:06 PM)
Prolly after 6months..... Any concerns there?
surgery fee varies ...
some complain expensive,
so.. jz to let you know,

vaccination price also varies abit...

tho one experiment shows that it is not true....

most vets in msia, likes to suggest for male cat, wait til at least one year old...

mebe the lecturer @ upm likes to keep telling them that...
pillage2001
post Oct 8 2020, 04:13 PM

Regular
1,589 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Oct 8 2020, 04:01 PM)
surgery fee varies ...
some complain expensive,
so..  jz to let you know,

vaccination price also varies abit...

tho one experiment shows that it is not true....

most vets in msia, likes to suggest for male cat, wait til at least one year old...

mebe the lecturer @ upm likes to keep telling them that...
How much is surgery fees? 200ish or more? Either way, if it's needed then I'll do it. Heard that female cats have to neuter else it'll be bad for the cat?
basilisk
post Oct 8 2020, 04:32 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(pillage2001 @ Oct 8 2020, 04:13 PM)
How much is surgery fees? 200ish or more? Either way, if it's needed then I'll do it. Heard that female cats have to neuter else it'll be bad for the cat?
need to check previous posts... some price was mentioned i think..

female, must spay.
a growing cat, will heal very fast.

food for kitten, dont have to buy many to test.

I dont recommend repack, because seller cant proof the expiry date, original packing was opened, transparent plastic bag promotes oxidation, food exposed to light.

Kitten kibble the size is small.
can start with small bag of rc kitten, most will like it very much.
later can switch to other brands.
totw the smell is not strong, fussy cats don't like.

This post has been edited by basilisk: Oct 8 2020, 04:43 PM
scsoo
post Oct 8 2020, 05:03 PM

Casual
396 posts

<Lucky I have a storeroom at the basement so I can store it downstairs first but I agree with you on the weight being a bitch. LOL, how much are the automated litter box?>

I purchase in bulk as sand/clay can keep well.... Just carry once few bags with trolley every few month. Automated Litter box, there quite a few selection, manual one cheaper.. think RM200-300. Those electricity driven one are more expensive.. range from RM500 think to a few thousand depends on how complicated... Expensive type... after every bowel movement it will clean.. to empty you just press a button and just pick up the bag.. of course you pay for the convenience... but you still need to fill up litter and throw away the poo.

<I was shocked at the price of Orijen but getting 5.4Kg seems to be more worthwhile and assuming the cat eats about 80g a day, it can last for 2 months which is okie I guess.>

To me I don't really recommend Orijen, in case your cat get fussy.. end up don't want to eat other cheaper alternative....

<Will prolly get a scratching pad or post. I have floorstanding speakers which I don't know how to scratch proof it. lol. My sofa is about destroyed anyway so they can do what they want with the sofa>

So far my Speaker still save from my cats... Maybe they don't like KEF..... one of it just love to sleep on my centre speaker.... Sometime on my AVR. Don't know how she tolerate the heat.... AVR run hot. Good luck on Speaker.. some of my friends cats love the play with the speaker cover, mine don't.. lucky me....

To me get them spay/neuter on the soonest... so less worries.... once done vaccine.. and vet say can.. just do it

basilisk
post Oct 8 2020, 05:05 PM

29 posts

Most expensive cat litter in msia, bcos only available in PLC.

Bought this to check out, not the odour locking capability,
but the almost zero dust claim.
After watchin this video...

So, if compare to all those china clay, this litter is like less than 5% dust of those other clay litter.

Tracks easily, cos sand like particles.

The cheapest clay litter per kg is Catspro. 1bag 8kg exact. RM12 only.

user posted image
pillage2001
post Oct 8 2020, 05:33 PM

Regular
1,589 posts

QUOTE(scsoo @ Oct 8 2020, 05:03 PM)
<Lucky I have a storeroom at the basement so I can store it downstairs first but I agree with you on the weight being a bitch. LOL, how much are the automated litter box?>

I purchase in bulk as sand/clay can keep well.... Just carry once few bags with trolley every few month. Automated Litter box, there quite a few selection, manual one cheaper.. think RM200-300. Those electricity driven one are more expensive.. range from RM500 think to a few thousand depends on how complicated... Expensive type... after every bowel movement it will clean.. to empty you just press a button and just pick up the bag.. of course you pay for the convenience... but you still need to fill up litter and throw away the poo.

<I was shocked at the price of Orijen but getting 5.4Kg seems to be more worthwhile and assuming the cat eats about 80g a day, it can last for 2 months which is okie I guess.>

To me I don't really recommend Orijen, in case your cat get fussy.. end up don't want to eat other cheaper alternative....

<Will prolly get a scratching pad or post. I have floorstanding speakers which I don't know how to scratch proof it. lol. My sofa is about destroyed anyway so they can do what they want with the sofa>

So far my Speaker still save from my cats... Maybe they don't like KEF..... one of it just love to sleep on my centre speaker.... Sometime on my AVR. Don't know how she tolerate the heat.... AVR run hot. Good luck on Speaker.. some of my friends cats love the play with the speaker cover, mine don't.. lucky me....

To me get them spay/neuter on the soonest... so less worries.... once done vaccine.. and vet say can.. just do it
Awesome...thanks for the feedback. smile.gif And best part...my speakers are KEF too..Which do you have? lol....Yeah.AVR gets damn freaking hot but turning on Eco mode makes it alot cooler so hopefully that fella don't climb up. lol.
pillage2001
post Oct 8 2020, 05:54 PM

Regular
1,589 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Oct 8 2020, 04:32 PM)
need to check previous posts... some price was mentioned i think..

female, must spay.
a growing cat, will heal very fast.

food for kitten, dont have to buy many to test.

I dont recommend repack, because seller cant proof the expiry date, original packing was opened, transparent plastic bag promotes oxidation, food exposed to light.

Kitten kibble the size is small.
can start with small bag of rc kitten, most will like it very much.
later can switch to other brands.
totw the smell is not strong, fussy cats don't like.
Noted. Thanks for the advices on the repack. It's true also that it might be expired already. Will see what I can do. Initially thought to start off with RC kitten but they say it's better to do grain free.....
basilisk
post Oct 8 2020, 05:57 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(pillage2001 @ Oct 8 2020, 05:54 PM)
Noted. Thanks for the advices on the repack. It's true also that it might be expired already. Will see what I can do. Initially thought to start off with RC kitten but they say it's better to do grain free.....
then you look for those with small packs for kitten.. smaller kibble size ... if any.
most grain free dont have kitten size, if im not mistaken...
anyway still can try, maybe the kitty have no problem with the bigger size.

This post has been edited by basilisk: Oct 8 2020, 05:59 PM
pillage2001
post Oct 8 2020, 06:01 PM

Regular
1,589 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Oct 8 2020, 05:05 PM)
Most expensive cat litter in msia, bcos only available in PLC.

Bought this to check out, not the odour locking capability,
but the almost zero dust claim.
After watchin this video...

So, if compare to all those china clay, this litter is like less than 5% dust of those other clay litter.

Tracks easily, cos sand like particles.

The cheapest clay litter per kg is Catspro.  1bag 8kg exact. RM12 only.

user posted image
400 freaking bucks.......lol.......this is abit to extreme. ahaha.
basilisk
post Oct 8 2020, 06:08 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(pillage2001 @ Oct 8 2020, 06:01 PM)
400 freaking bucks.......lol.......this is abit to extreme. ahaha.
[QUOTE]

no la, tht 6kg oni... not rm400

the actual canadian price is not expensive,
but reach here.. paham paham la...

anything @ plc is more pricier , esp those exclusive stuff like this litter... and other cat food.

This post has been edited by basilisk: Oct 8 2020, 06:11 PM
kizwan
post Oct 8 2020, 08:35 PM

BÖw DÖwn TÖ LÖrd PringlËs
810 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Oct 8 2020, 03:56 PM)
leonardo ada..

tornado... LoL...  leme search

xxxxx

ada @ shoppii..

dono mana mali..
Do you know if it is any good? It cost more than Green.
hirano
post Oct 8 2020, 09:08 PM

凸(`△´#)
2,962 posts

QUOTE(pillage2001 @ Oct 6 2020, 04:42 PM)
So....finally am pulling the trigger and getting a cat since there's a stray hybrid munchkin that was found.......lol...

Some quick Q,
2) I am planning to go with dry food ( kibbles ) as much as I can. In terms of general health, any supplements that I should add in?  I also read that it's good for them to consume raw food. Am thinking that I can get some raw salmon for cheaps so if it's good for the cat, why not?
1) i use clumping clay litter, about rm20 per 10L. No smell after you cover up the poo (staying in a small studio). But personally, i scoop out my cat's poo/pee 2-3 times a day.

2) Mine 95% dry kibbles (Carnilove brand), occasionally give him boiled or fried chicken breast (purely the white meat part). I read raw meat/fish isn't good due to potential bacteria on it, so I won't do it. At least need to boil it.

3) Having a very active and playful cat, mine scratch and bites often. Covered up my bed with some cloth. Gaming chair already kena sacrificed, so let him be. It really depends on your cat's personality, you need to observe him first.

4) vaccinated and dewormed mine 3 times. After this every 6 months deworm. See vet, they will give you the recommended schedule.

This post has been edited by hirano: Oct 8 2020, 09:28 PM

134 Pages « < 124 125 126 127 128 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0220sec    1.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th November 2020 - 03:48 PM