17 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cat Lovers V7 ^_^, Fabulous Cats & People

views

kizwan
post Jan 20 2015, 08:44 PM

BÖw DÖwn TÖ LÖrd PringlËs
810 posts

QUOTE(scorpionballs @ Jan 15 2015, 10:49 AM)
Hmmm true. But I'd be worried about them jumping to the top of the railing and sitting there / potentially falling off.  sad.gif
The only thing I can think of is install full grills or close the balcony at all time. At which floor are you on? I don't think your cat will jump but there is chance they can fall off while they sleeping on the railing.

QUOTE(Dresperado @ Jan 17 2015, 06:53 PM)
Is it normal if a cat rarely meows?
Yes, it's normal. I have a couple of cats that very rarely meow.
kizwan
post Jan 21 2015, 01:52 AM

810 posts

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Jan 21 2015, 12:45 AM)
This is why wet food is recommended. Cats don't actually have a thirst drive, hence why they hardly drink enough water to stay hydrated. I'm lucky that both my cats do drink water, but they are also on wet food so I supplement it.
They don't actually work. A lot of people still believe that dry food helps maintain a cat's teeth because they chew it and the kibble rubs against their teeth, but this isn't true. Cats do not chew. They bite and swallow.

I buy dental treats for my cats, but I know it's merely for my peace of mind, rather than the fact that they actually work. I maintain my cats' teeth by brushing daily whenever I can.
I (still) believe dry food helps develop stronger gum & teeth. I agree brushing their teeth will keep their gum & teeth healthy. I honestly do not brush my cats teeth but I did regularly check them.
kizwan
post Jan 21 2015, 02:42 AM

810 posts

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Jan 21 2015, 02:23 AM)
I was not referring to stronger gums or teeth, though I don't believe that either. I was referring to teeth hygiene - tartar and plaque buildup. Dry food or treats do not help very much.

Just to clarify, my cats are on a wet and dry food diet.
I know, I got that. I wasn't said you were. I just replying that I still believe the dry food helps develop stronger gum & teeth. The second sentence about brushing teeth should already clarify that I got what you meant in your previous reply, what you actually referring to.

There's no need to clarify. I didn't say wet food is bad, if you still misunderstanding my previous reply. Mine as well on a wet & dry food.

This post has been edited by kizwan: Jan 21 2015, 02:44 AM
kizwan
post Jan 21 2015, 10:50 AM

810 posts

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Jan 21 2015, 04:20 AM)
Sorry, that last sentence wasn't for you, but since you brought up the dry food point, I wanted to make sure that Dresperado knew that smile.gif

Thanks.
Oh! No problem! smile.gif

My cats love wet food. I feed my cats wet food once a day. At local pet store where I live I have not seen canned food that contain other than fish. I actually stopped feeding fish to my cat. Currently, in addition to dry food, I also feed my cats with boiled chicken mixed with rice once a day, for additional protein source.
kizwan
post Jan 24 2015, 03:12 PM

810 posts

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Jan 24 2015, 01:43 AM)
What are the ingredients?

What works for my cat may not work for your cat.
Here you go. You can see the ingredient in the website. They have more than one product, so better give you the link, so you can check it out.

http://prodiet.com.my/products/Fresh-Tuna

I only have tried their canned food though.

Not many brand (premium ones) available in Malaysia though. Which probably the reason we associating the brand with the quality of the food.

Also, this is Blackwood that a lot of people here talked or asked about & most famous premium food here. I just want to hear your comment on the ingredient.
http://blackwoodpetfood.com/recipes/everyday-adult-cat/
kizwan
post Jan 25 2015, 02:36 AM

810 posts

QUOTE(Dresperado @ Jan 25 2015, 01:10 AM)
Guys, Calico male is quite rare right?

Wanted to double confirm, is this a male? Sorry blur pic.. quite hard to snap the pic, quite a fierce stray cat

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This is news to me. No idea cat with this kind of colours have special name, Calico. Yeah, since you brought this up, my cat also female. Also my tenant's kitten & recently deceased cat also female.

I also have another cats with different colour pattern that also all female. I wonder whether it also have special name. Below is the picture of one of them (old pic, now already grown up). I have three cats like this.

user posted image

Your cat, I think looks like it is a male cat.

This post has been edited by kizwan: Jan 25 2015, 02:37 AM
kizwan
post Jan 25 2015, 09:49 PM

810 posts

QUOTE(OrangeCubes @ Jan 25 2015, 07:33 PM)
Anyone bought cat cage from kuching4sale / Rimba Pets on Mudah?
23"L x 17"W x 36"H for only RM138, others are like selling around rm200++
Is their cage ok? Why their cages so cheap one? =.=

I worry their cages are not as strong as others..
Do you have pic of the cage?
kizwan
post Jan 26 2015, 02:30 AM

810 posts

QUOTE(Dresperado @ Jan 26 2015, 01:08 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

That male Calico..  icon_rolleyes.gif

Cute mah?  wub.gif
You adopted the cat?
kizwan
post Jan 26 2015, 03:31 PM

810 posts

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Jan 26 2015, 10:23 AM)
I assume it's normal for people in Malaysia to use cages? My cats roam free all day and the only time they're in a cage is when I'm taking them to the vet.
In general I don't think so. It's either roam free in the house or outside of the house. A lot of people still leave their cats to stay out 24/7.

All of my cats roam free all day in the house but I caged some of them before I go to sleep at night. Cages are very useful during big holiday where our relatives come & stay with us for a whole week.
kizwan
post Jan 27 2015, 02:21 AM

810 posts

QUOTE(OrangeCubes @ Jan 27 2015, 12:17 AM)
This:
user posted image
Based on the design, if it's similar brand but mine bigger, that is strong enough.

QUOTE(OrangeCubes @ Jan 27 2015, 12:20 AM)
I heard some other cat owners who cage their cats at night too.
But aren't cats are more active at night?

May I know what's the reason that you keep them caged at night?
All I know my cats pretty much active when they're awake whether daytime or night. When I caged some of my cats around midnight, they straight go to sleep, tired after playing all day long.

There has been an incident where two of my cats climb to the ceiling & one of them got out of the house through there. I only slept a couple of hours that night while the rest of the time I chased anything white-coloured moving object since my cat is white. I'm able to find my cat at dawn. She was hiding at the balcony of my neighbour house. So, since then I started to caged some of my cats when I go to sleep. Even though I already closed the opening to the ceiling in the back bedroom & always closed the door, better safe than sorry. The ones I caged are active climber so to speak. Basically to prevent them from finding new way to the ceiling. I think other cat owner did the same thing for the same reason, for their safety.
kizwan
post Jan 27 2015, 03:50 PM

810 posts

My female Calico cat. tongue.gif
user posted image

This one very calm & well behave. I don't know whether this is just domestic cat or special breed. She came to my house when she was a kitten, around 2 months old I think. I tried to capture her blue eyes but I don't really happy with the result though.
user posted image

A couple tortoiseshell cats. These are domestic cats, not special breed. (2nd & 3rd pic are the same cat)
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image

Can you guys guess what breed is this cat?
user posted image

This is my tenant's cat. Pretty much look like a Japanese Bobtail cat.
user posted image

This post has been edited by kizwan: Jan 27 2015, 03:50 PM
kizwan
post Jan 27 2015, 08:31 PM

810 posts

QUOTE(OrangeCubes @ Jan 27 2015, 05:48 PM)
Ok, I think I can buy the cage from them..

I see.. we stay in apartment and we put net on all windows to prevent our cat.
So basically our apartment is a big cage for the cat lol.
You're very responsible cat owner. There's still some people who doesn't cat-proof their apartment though.

QUOTE(Dresperado @ Jan 27 2015, 06:58 PM)
user posted image

So manja hor?  icon_rolleyes.gif
Yeah. wub.gif

This post has been edited by kizwan: Jan 27 2015, 08:32 PM
kizwan
post Jan 29 2015, 04:07 PM

810 posts

QUOTE(bryanyz @ Jan 29 2015, 03:48 PM)
hi everyone,

i just got a 4 months old cat last week.
one of his eyes is sore and red. brought him to vet on last sunday.
the doctor gave me a ointment to apply to his eyes.
apply 5 days if not recover then have to put 2 more days.
but now 4 days d it doesn't seem like recover.  it still red
anyone got experience to it?
the doctor said red eyes is normal to cat, there is no way to prevent, it is?
Is there any discharge on the red eyes?
kizwan
post Jan 30 2015, 05:30 PM

810 posts

QUOTE(bryanyz @ Jan 30 2015, 02:27 PM)
yes sad.gif at first is one eyes, now both eyes.
but only one eye is red and swollen.
If there's discharge then it's not normal. Your vet likely suspect Conjunctivitis which is what the prescribed ointment are for. Is there any discharge from the nose? I wonder why your vet doesn't give your cat antibiotic to helps the cat fight the infection (don't quote me because this is just based on my experience, I'm not trained vet). When my cats got cat flu, the left eye was swollen, always the left eye. Discharge from both eyes. Only three of my cats are very serious though, they did lost appetite for one day. The antibiotic pills that vet gave me also helps other cats & they got well in a couple of weeks. Thankfully my house got extension room that used to be a kitchen but now use as a garage & with the extra cages, I'm able to quarantine all my outdoor cats. I read vaccination doesn't prevent the disease completely but it does reduced severity of the disease which is important. Depends on the virus, your cat may not sneeze but you should see discharge from the nose. This is if your cat got feline upper respiratory disease. If your kitten doesn't get better after a week like your vet said, bring your cat back to the clinic.

For now, always wipe your cat eyes with a clean cloth. Keep your cat warm & provide a lot of love to your cat. Hope your cat get better soon. smile.gif

This post has been edited by kizwan: Jan 30 2015, 05:38 PM
kizwan
post Jan 30 2015, 06:10 PM

810 posts

QUOTE(bryanyz @ Jan 30 2015, 05:36 PM)
Thanks for the reply. i will bring him to vet later. i m a newbie to owning a cat. so worry i cant take care him well.
Don't worry. Good luck! smile.gif
kizwan
post Feb 2 2015, 01:44 PM

810 posts

QUOTE(bryanyz @ Feb 2 2015, 10:32 AM)
Brought him to vet again on last friday.
Get another eye drop and now it recover d!  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
now can stare at me like puss in boots d.
Great to hear good news! thumbup.gif

QUOTE(nujikabane @ Feb 2 2015, 11:12 AM)
^ Aptly said biggrin.gif
On a separate note, when wiping the cat's eyes,
does it mean around the eyeball area, or the eye itself?

Can use baby wipes or is there a special wipe meant for this ?
Not in the eyes of course.
kizwan
post Feb 2 2015, 06:03 PM

810 posts

QUOTE(SunofaBeach @ Feb 2 2015, 02:18 PM)
Hi guys,

I was wondering if you guys use wood pellets for cat litter?

I recently begin to make such products but before putting it on market I would like pet lovers to try them with your cats (or other pets) and provide me feedback?

Of course product is free to test , would like pet lovers around Butterworth or Penang area for easy communication.
I use pine wood pellets but I don't live around the area you mentioned.
kizwan
post Feb 18 2015, 01:14 PM

810 posts

QUOTE(nasrulafiq93 @ Feb 18 2015, 09:30 AM)
You guys sure Royal Canin is a good feline food brand? Reading through their ingredients (highlighting the first 5 ingredients)  left me thinking otherwise.
Rice is not bad though. It's easy to digest, adds fiber to cat diet & also give your cat energy. It's not like you're feeding your cat with rice only. Of course when feeding cats it's all about food with balanced nutrition.
kizwan
post Feb 18 2015, 09:42 PM

810 posts

I can only afford to feed my cats expensive food like RC once in a while. My favourite is Royal Canin Persian 30 10kg. My cats love it.

This post has been edited by kizwan: Feb 18 2015, 09:43 PM
kizwan
post Feb 21 2015, 08:39 PM

810 posts

QUOTE(Ayer @ Feb 19 2015, 08:58 PM)
Hi fellas, i have a query to ask

for those who have done it, how much does it cost to get a cat fixed? i have two pet kitties (8 weeks old, male & fem, siblings) and i believe its for their best to get it.

it would be nice if someone can provide at least a rough count smile.gif
Where do you live? Between <100 to >200. Some clinics like to charge more than it should be.

QUOTE(Dresperado @ Feb 21 2015, 06:47 PM)
At what age can a cat get pregnant?
Gosh, the male calico that i took in, turned out to be a female? Grew 3-4 pairs of nipples, and tummy quite bloated. Not sure pregnant or what.
I thought you said he/she have balls. tongue.gif

17 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0768sec    0.67    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 2nd December 2020 - 11:02 AM