Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cat Lovers V7 ^_^, Fabulous Cats & People

views

basilisk
post Oct 2 2016, 02:20 PM

29 posts

hi, anyone here, familiar with trap neuter release cat in penang? im not frm penang, but i wana tnr a cat in pg, and i need to find out which clinic in penang island accepts strays.
Thanks.
basilisk
post Oct 3 2016, 12:48 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Oct 2 2016, 11:40 PM)
I'm not sure myself, but usually TNR is supported by shelters. If anything, you could find a vet who will spay/neuter for cheap and then release it yourself
thx for your reply smile.gif

yes tht is wht i plan to do, tnr myself, but i need to find out which vet, rescuers usually sent the strays to.

yes any vet can treat an animal, but it makes a huge difference, when you visit the 'right' person. smile.gif

so far i have contacted a few rescue groups, hope they are willing to share some info.

if anyone have a fav vet in pg, pls do pm me. thx.
basilisk
post Oct 28 2016, 09:04 PM

29 posts

heard pg hope vet like rm300? for spay,,, ??

clinic tht use gas bius is more expensive....
basilisk
post Nov 5 2016, 11:13 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(AveoHzq @ Nov 5 2016, 11:05 PM)
Im just asking if anyone had dealt with this problem.
And i already went to the vet, thanks.
is the cat fighting with others?
need to cage it until the wound heals...
apply and feed antibiotics...
male cat not neutered?
basilisk
post Nov 6 2016, 01:59 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(AveoHzq @ Nov 6 2016, 12:22 AM)
Yes, been fighting with kucing kampung around the house. I let him out during the day, in house at night.
Not neutered yet. He will stay indoors more after neutered?
neuter will not hv raging hormones.. biggrin.gif
suppose to hv less urge to cari pasal...

since u can keep it indoors, then better keep it indoors in the future, neutered or not neutered,

cos fighting with other cat will get disease like FIV,

oso will cost u medical expenses n u oso need to spend time treating him,

so better just keep him indoors n better neutered.

my kampung cat after 5 years oni neutered, its a mistake to neuter tht late. but better than not lo,,

even without balls, he still will go cari pasal once in a while, so i hv to kurung him... no choice...

cat mostly sleep n lazy the whole day, so keeping it indoors is not a problem..

he also contracted FIV after fighting so many times...

last last died at 14yo, have to be put down.. syukur at least he din died outside, not MIA or killed in battle.. etc.... biggrin.gif
basilisk
post Nov 7 2016, 02:21 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(air_mood @ Nov 7 2016, 01:18 PM)
Where can I get cheap service to spay cats? I got a couple of stray cats which have been hanging out around my house. My mom has been feeding them daily. 3 generations. The mum gave birth to a couple of which 3 still survives. And out of the 3, 2 gave birth recently and even the mom gave birth as well. So I'm guessing there's about 20 cats and kittens or so in or around my house now including 5 of my own cats(which have been spayed). So I was planning to spay the cats(if I can catch them) that are around my house. Any idea where I can do this cheaply as there is quite a number of them. In KL.
yes pls do spay/neuter them if you can, normal private clinic will be more pricey, i have heard of klinik kembiri in setapak? gov klinik, but im not sure their rating. or u can seek advice frm this group tnrm, which i find they r very helpful https://m.facebook.com/Trap-Neuter-Release-...03709439694040/

spca organise klinik kembiri, u hv to contact them to book n ask the price.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid...&id=44640111208

u can try trap the cats using cat carriers, or buy musang trap smile.gif

Attached Image

i think this is the latest rate for klinik kembiri, it has gone up tru the years.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by basilisk: Nov 7 2016, 02:44 PM
basilisk
post Nov 7 2016, 05:02 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(air_mood @ Nov 7 2016, 04:40 PM)
I actually like the cats, so does my family. Hence why we're feeding them. So i don't mind them being around the house although do have to spay them if not the breeding will be uncontrollable. What do they mean by Trap, Neuter, Release? I don't mind them being around the house.
tnr is just a term used by feeder n rescuers, like for eg ur case u feed those cats, but they r not ur pets, or they r strays n not human friendly, u want to help, so u hv to trap them then send them for spayin, then release them back at their original place and cont to feed them, thts all.. smile.gif not mean u release them at other places.. smile.gif
basilisk
post Nov 7 2016, 05:07 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(badai @ Nov 7 2016, 03:33 PM)
the setapak klinik is not cheap also. almost same price as normal clinic.
depends on the 'normal' clinic, im not sure u can find any cheaper, some rumors said cheaper means they use less or no painkiller, or the animal cant move but still feel being operated.. n cincai operation etc...
basilisk
post Jan 1 2017, 12:34 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(usmanjailani @ Dec 30 2016, 10:15 AM)
can i know why is that?
he might slip and fall perching on the ledge,, little room for error there...

if he is not neutered, better don't let him roam outside...

sure will go fighting....
basilisk
post Jan 1 2017, 12:36 AM

29 posts

just saw on fb, a vet in kuchai lama, castrate/neuter cat rm70 oni,
mebe is offer price for stray cat ?.. cos its posted by tnrm ....
basilisk
post Mar 1 2017, 01:45 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(jimchan @ Feb 19 2017, 01:12 PM)
Dear all,

I've just adopted a kitten last 1 or 2 weeks.

When I adopted it that time, I still bottle feed it with formulated milk.

Now I think the kitten are roughly around 4 weeks old and it's already rejecting formulated milk, so now I'm feeding it Brit wet food for kitten.

I read a lot of online article saying that usually kitten will start eating dry food (kibbles) when they're around 5-6 weeks old.

But during they're matured enough for dry food, would they reject it and continue to look for the wet food as many articles saying that cat will pick what they want to eat and end up being a fussy eater.

Any one of you cat lover out there has this kind of experience? Please do share your experience, guidance needed notworthy.gif

Thank you!
u start mixing the can food with mashed soak kibble, make sure the food is soft and the kitten can easily eat it,

gradually reduce the can food, to mashed soaked kibble, then dry kibble, over time.

tht's how i do to ' street kittens ' . biggrin.gif
basilisk
post Mar 2 2017, 01:24 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(jimchan @ Mar 1 2017, 03:39 PM)

My kitten now I think it's roughly around 5 or 6 weeks.. usually per meal it eat how much ya?

Mine like eat a lot sweat.gif every time after I put the food it'll finished it in a second and cries for more rclxub.gif
maybe ur portion is too lil smile.gif

take note of the portion and increase it accordingly, some kitten will gorge til perut buncit.. careful smile.gif
basilisk
post Mar 2 2017, 06:48 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(jimchan @ Mar 2 2017, 04:27 PM)
Alright.. just sometimes feel a bit heartache watching it struggle to eat the kibbles coz maybe it doesn't know how to properly chew it.. sad.gif

Not sure.. but when I was cleaning it's litter box, I do find that it's stool has few undigested perfectly shape kibbles sweat.gif
if u got time, then soften it lo.. biggrin.gif
most kibble are really hard, u try to crush it with ur finger, its like stone/ pebbles... biggrin.gif
basilisk
post Mar 2 2017, 06:49 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(mywingame @ Mar 2 2017, 04:33 PM)
I have a kitten, I have a big & compound with some wild grass to be trimmed monthly.

My kitten don't seem to drop their dump in the compound, instead they release them at the corner of the house and nearby my car...

How to train them to release their treasure at the compound? I tried making a small fence at the compound for the kitteh so it may feel more safe doing their business, but it still continue releasing their production at corner of the house...
if you dont use litter box, u can try by piling up a mound of sand or soil at the place where u want them to poo
and put some of their poo there, so they can smell it. smile.gif
basilisk
post May 3 2017, 09:36 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(enixcv123 @ May 2 2017, 10:29 AM)
Hi All,

recently there is a kitten came to my house and not willing to leave. currently i am feeding it with cat kibbles for kitten one. If anyone would like to adopt , please pm me..

I am in Kajang Selangor.

PS: i cant adopt it due to myself is having 2 large dogs.
post it on FB animal welfare groups/pages,
basilisk
post May 25 2017, 09:41 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(Dresperado @ May 25 2017, 03:46 PM)
Hi all cat lovers, I need some advice...

So, 3 months ago my parents rescued a few days old kitten from a main road. The tiny kitten was seen crawling in the middle of the road all alone. They tried to ask around if theres anyone willing to foster it but no one would. So they took it home.

Long story short, me and my mom foster her til shes all grown up now. But she is starting to show some behaviour issue which i dont know how to cope with.
She is quite aggressive, she would bite my hand, climb my back, and jump everywhere. She wont even let me pet her. I have countless scars on both of my hands now.
We let her roam around the house, bought toys to play with her, but that doesnt seem to be enough. I can play with her only for awhile, after that she will start to attack me instead of the toys. Its really sad and frustrating, I love this kitten so much but everyday i will get a new scar on my hand, my back or anywhere.

What should I do?
P/s: this is not my first time fostering a kitten, but my first time facing such a kitten with behaviour problem. I didnt have any issue with my previous kittens.
female kitty? does she have any health issue? how old already?

i used to have a male cat tht likes to bite my hand when he's had enough of petting, not in a good mood if u touch him

or when he gets irritated tht i kacau him. biggrin.gif
basilisk
post Jun 10 2017, 01:11 PM

29 posts

hi, any cat owner here, vaccinate your cat against felv?

i would like to know which brand of vac.

normally vet won't vac felv, if owner did not request.

the 5 in 1 vac which includes felv is more expensive.

this study result shows killed virus felv is more effective than recombinant felv vac.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24662705
basilisk
post Jun 22 2017, 02:52 PM

29 posts

hi, which cat kibble is the cheapest with no by-product ingredient? tho i think some brand may be lying in the ingredient list...
basilisk
post Jun 25 2017, 05:40 PM

29 posts

spayin or neutering doesnt need to wait til 1yo :]
basilisk
post Jul 3 2017, 11:44 AM

29 posts

i'm testing some kibble on my adopted kitten, i have doubt about the local/regional made cat food ingredient listed on their package. i think no local law require them the maker to properly list the ingredient and be as specific as those imported brands. and they might not list the ingredient as according to the percentage used in the cat food.

prodiet kitten formula use milk, but did not stated cow milk or wht milk?
some cat are lactose intolerant. i fed my cat this and found the poo very lembik.. and easily breaks into smaller pieces..

20 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0955sec    1.27    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 2nd December 2020 - 10:43 AM