Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cat Lovers V7 ^_^, Fabulous Cats & People

clare01
post Jun 23 2017, 04:33 PM
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(chubbyqq @ Jun 23 2017, 03:55 PM)
Greetings!

So I have a bunch of kittens around my house with their mum. I would like to offer them food/drinks but I see that milk will make them fat. Anyone can recommend something for them? I feel bad seeing them always finding food in the garbage room.
Previously I feed the stray cats around my house area with dry kibble,they are more long lasting and not easily spoil if left there.
You can try Blackwood cat food, I think it is more nutritious and lower cost if compared to other cat food in the same range.

One thing to note is how old are the kittens?? If they are not big enough you might want to give them milk first. Not the usual cow milk of cause, you have to use goat milk. For convenience sake, you can feed both kittens and mother with Royal Canin Mother and Baby Cat food but it is a bit pricey. You can mix with water to ease the kitten transition.

Hope it helps smile.gif and thanks for doing this.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
clare01
post Jun 23 2017, 04:43 PM

QUOTE(myteam94 @ May 26 2017, 09:40 PM)
Nearest cat shelter in KL/selangor is where except SPCA?
There are quite some shelters here. big one like SPCA, Paws and smaller individual/group run shelter that u can search using facebook
+Quote Post
chubbyqq
post Jun 23 2017, 04:59 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(clare01 @ Jun 23 2017, 04:33 PM)
Previously I feed the stray cats around my house area with dry kibble,they are more long lasting and not easily spoil if left there.
You can try Blackwood cat food, I think it is more nutritious and lower cost if compared to other cat food in the same range.

One thing to note is how old are the kittens?? If they are not big enough you might want to give them milk first. Not the usual cow milk of cause, you have to use goat milk. For convenience sake, you can feed both kittens and mother with Royal Canin Mother and Baby Cat food but it is a bit pricey. You can mix with water to ease the kitten transition.

Hope it helps smile.gif and thanks for doing this.
Most of the kittens are just palm size, the damn parents keep humping each other and the kitten size is increasing in alarming rate.

Where can I get goat milk? From supermarkets like AEON, TESCO possible? I will check out the brands you mention. Thanks for recommending!

I want to take care of them in my house but my family wouldn't like it. I can take care of it out of the house. I am willing to expand more than RM100 per month.
+Quote Post
spunkberry
post Jun 24 2017, 03:03 AM
危ない人です
Group Icon
Pets Wonderland
Group: Elite

QUOTE(chubbyqq @ Jun 23 2017, 04:59 PM)
Most of the kittens are just palm size, the damn parents keep humping each other and the kitten size is increasing in alarming rate.
Get. Them. Spayed/Neutered.
+Quote Post
chubbyqq
post Jun 24 2017, 01:54 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Jun 24 2017, 03:03 AM)
Get. Them. Spayed/Neutered.
They always hide in small corners like drain, very difficult to get them
+Quote Post
dreign
post Jun 24 2017, 10:16 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(chubbyqq @ Jun 24 2017, 01:54 PM)
They always hide in small corners like drain, very difficult to get them
LOL, Spunk means the parents lah, need to be 1 year or older for kitten.
+Quote Post
basilisk
post Jun 25 2017, 05:40 PM

spayin or neutering doesnt need to wait til 1yo :]
+Quote Post
noonies_naruto
post Jun 27 2017, 07:17 PM
Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

hi guys. Wanted to ask if its normal to send cats for a good wash at the vets or some pet shop. I do wash my cats myself but I just picked up a very fluffy cat that doesnt seem clean even after I wash it. It had some kind of skin condition where fur would not grow on major parts of its body. Now it is fully covered in fur, but no matter how many times I wash it, it doesnt seem to smell good and always have these small white stuff like dandruff on its fur.

Been thinking of sending my cat for a medicated wash at petsmore.

This post has been edited by noonies_naruto: Jun 27 2017, 07:17 PM
+Quote Post
spunkberry
post Yesterday, 12:34 AM
危ない人です
Group Icon
Pets Wonderland
Group: Elite

QUOTE(noonies_naruto @ Jun 27 2017, 07:17 PM)
hi guys. Wanted to ask if its normal to send cats for a good wash at the vets or some pet shop. I do wash my cats myself but I just picked up a very fluffy cat that doesnt seem clean even after I wash it. It had some kind of skin condition where fur would not grow on major parts of its body. Now it is fully covered in fur, but no matter how many times I wash it, it doesnt seem to smell good and always have these small white stuff like dandruff on its fur.

Been thinking of sending my cat for a medicated wash at petsmore.
Why are you washing your cat so often? Cats clean themselves, and if you keep them indoors, one bath is good enough. Overbathing is going to cause dry skin, which sounds like it's already happening.
+Quote Post
kizwan
post Yesterday, 01:16 AM
BÖw DÖwn TÖ LÖrd PringlËs
Group: Senior Member

Yeah, I think that is the case too.

noonies_naruto@
I believe you can stress your cat if you give them bath too often. Get advice from your vets in case your cat have skin infection. Can you elaborate more on the "doesn't smell good"? Do you want your cat smell like Chanel No. 5?
+Quote Post

68 Pages « < 66 67 68Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0721sec    5.59    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th June 2017 - 03:27 PM