Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cat Lovers V7 ^_^, Fabulous Cats & People

ocyrus
post Jul 12 2017, 03:24 PM
Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(kizwan @ Jul 11 2017, 10:35 AM)
Pellets (pine or any kind of wood) would be the cheapest IMO. It should last longer than clay. The only downside is the wood dust but this depends on your cat behavior.
For smartsift I use standard clumping clay litter.
I have two smartsift for two group of cats. One smartsift with closed door & another one with opened door because one group know how to push the door. I put one of the smartsift in front of the bathroom & another one in the back room. I clear the plastic bag twice a day because I have many cats but I did not change the plastic bag frequently. There's a bit of sand in there that prevent the plastic bag from getting dirty easily.

BTW, after 3 years, the handle to rotate the internal litter box broken near the hole that used to lock it but I managed to buy replacement parts. Bought extra too for future.
Any recommended brand for the clumping clay litter? The pet shop suggest to use Odourlock which is quite expensive.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kizwan
post Jul 12 2017, 09:29 PM
BÖw DÖwn TÖ LÖrd PringlËs
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(ocyrus @ Jul 12 2017, 03:24 PM)
Any recommended brand for the clumping clay litter? The pet shop suggest to use Odourlock which is quite expensive.
any clumping clay should perform the same. The regular ones should be around 16 to 20 ringgit for 10L.
+Quote Post
basilisk
post Jul 12 2017, 11:52 PM

can get rm12 per bag 10L if buy 2bag, i jz bought recently, these r frm china i believe, buy bigger guni even cheaper biggrin.gif

but the tidy cat brand, yellow bag one, without scent additive, very busuk aft peepoo.. if added scent, they add chemical into it... so some is scentless.

This post has been edited by basilisk: Jul 12 2017, 11:54 PM
+Quote Post
kizwan
post Jul 13 2017, 07:21 AM
BÖw DÖwn TÖ LÖrd PringlËs

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jul 12 2017, 11:52 PM)
can get rm12 per bag 10L if buy 2bag, i jz bought recently, these r frm china i believe, buy bigger guni even cheaper biggrin.gif

but the tidy cat brand, yellow bag one, without scent additive, very busuk aft peepoo.. if added scent, they add chemical into it... so some is scentless.
i can only get 16 for that china brand. It's catspro right, the red bag one?

I only have ever use the non-clumping tidy cat. Yeah, it have "unique" smell when cat uses it. Did the clumping one also smelly?
+Quote Post
basilisk
post Jul 13 2017, 09:10 AM

it is this litter, promo price frm pets mania tmn muda.

Attached Image
tidy cat, i mean the smell of the peepoo, cos unscented, the clay is of cos without any smell.
some shop like dewi, qpets, they hv big guni clay, but i hvnt calculate the cost whether it is cheaper..

This post has been edited by basilisk: Jul 13 2017, 09:12 AM
+Quote Post
ming0000
post Jul 19 2017, 09:30 AM
Getting Started

anyone know where can get the Birman kitten and Ragdoll kitten?
Msia not much cat dog selling webpage. dry.gif

This post has been edited by ming0000: Jul 19 2017, 09:30 AM
+Quote Post
badai
post Jul 19 2017, 12:59 PM
Enthusiast

bought that power cat from adabi.

my cat didn't like it.

give it to street cats. they didn't like it too.

epic failed. most probably their tester didn't provide other cat food to choose so their hungry cat have no choice but to eat it.
+Quote Post
basilisk
post Jul 19 2017, 08:10 PM

QUOTE(badai @ Jul 19 2017, 12:59 PM)
bought that power cat from adabi.

my cat didn't like it.

give it to street cats. they didn't like it too.

epic failed. most probably their tester didn't provide other cat food to choose so their hungry cat have no choice but to eat it.
oh i tot of buying powercat to test too.

how does it smell? like any other supermarket brand?

i think smell of friskies n wiskas is considered ok n acceptable.
+Quote Post
badai
post Jul 20 2017, 11:03 AM
Enthusiast

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jul 19 2017, 08:10 PM)
oh i tot of buying powercat to test too.

how does it smell? like any other supermarket brand?

i think smell of friskies n wiskas is considered ok n acceptable.
didn't notice the smell. sorry. already feed it to my my mother's chicken.

yes chicken will eat everything, even other chicken.
+Quote Post
Beegirl
post Jul 25 2017, 07:35 PM

Need help. Not sure if this is the right thread.

I have a Persian cat. Around 3 years old. Recently I bought him a new litter box. He is alright with it. Still pee and poo as usual and usually I use Cat best. Last week I couldn't find cat best litter so the pet shop recommend me with other brand (carbon) something. I noticed he dislike it. So I have no choice but to get him those sand type of litter (he used this when I'm back in hometown)

After changing the sand type. He started pee and poo outside the tray and on his carpet where he used to sleep. Can anyone tell me how? I have changed it back to his normal litter (cat best) but he still pee and poo outside this morning.

Can anyone help me?
+Quote Post
spunkberry
post Jul 26 2017, 05:10 AM
危ない人です
Group Icon
Pets Wonderland
Group: Elite

QUOTE(Beegirl @ Jul 25 2017, 07:35 PM)
Need help. Not sure if this is the right thread.

I have a Persian cat. Around 3 years old. Recently I bought him a new litter box. He is alright with it. Still pee and poo as usual and usually I use Cat best. Last week I couldn't find cat best litter so the pet shop recommend me with other brand (carbon) something. I noticed he dislike it. So I have no choice but to get him those sand type of litter (he used this when I'm back in hometown)

After changing the sand type. He started pee and poo outside the tray and on his carpet where he used to sleep. Can anyone tell me how? I have changed it back to his normal litter (cat best) but he still pee and poo outside this morning.

Can anyone help me?
You cannot simply change your cat's litter whenever you like. Cats hate change, so you have to transition him slowly back and forth whenever you want to change anything - this also applies to food.

Cats also generally do not do well when you move them around because they are bound to their territory. Moving him from your place to your hometown and back probably stressed him out, as well as the different litter.

What I recommend you do is take him to the vet to rule out any medical issues, instead of assuming it's just the type of litter. Once that has been ruled out, then the game of trying to find out what he likes using and to always use that unless you transition properly begins.
+Quote Post
ocyrus
post Jul 26 2017, 03:26 PM
Getting Started

My kittens' stool is extremely smelly! We've tried changing from an open litterbox to a closed one, and tried Oko Plus and even Odourlock and their smell is still very strong. I scoop their litter everyday and change their litter every week.

Now I'm trying out scented litter (Fussie Cat) but the smell is still very strong. I'm feeding them Royal Canin Kitten and the pet store guy said that maybe the cause.

Any recommendations for good litter or alternative diet that can reduce their stool odour?
+Quote Post
basilisk
post Jul 26 2017, 04:06 PM

i tot all cat, kitten or adult the stool will be damn smelly no matter wht they eat. cos i hv compared stray cat poo tht eat dono wht to those tht eat more rice n left over to those tht only fed on commercial kibbles.. all damn smelly.., but i prefer the ori cat poo smell than those fed on certain kibble tht smell more like human poo... biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
basilisk
post Jul 26 2017, 04:12 PM

a litter box trained cat if put in a cage with any type of litter, will definitely use it, even tho he don prefer tht type of litter..., so u can actually force ur cat to use the type of litter u prefer, wait for him to shit or pee first in the cage befor letting him out. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
aikachan
post Jul 26 2017, 07:53 PM
Getting Started

Hello, guys! I have a kitten (around 4 months old), she used to eat Powercat and smartheart before, but after I found out it's not good for my kitten, I switched to IAMS dry food. She doesnt like it tho. She only eat it when I put it on my hand. I tried giving her Royal Canin wet food and she love it. Mixed it a bit with IAMS and she eat both. However now her stools are really soft, sometimes it's 50% stool with shape and sometimes it just in liquid form. Is this normal because I recently changed from dry to wet or should I just bring her to the vet?
+Quote Post
spunkberry
post Yesterday, 01:34 AM
危ない人です
Group Icon
Pets Wonderland

QUOTE(ocyrus @ Jul 26 2017, 03:26 PM)
My kittens' stool is extremely smelly! We've tried changing from an open litterbox to a closed one, and tried Oko Plus and even Odourlock and their smell is still very strong. I scoop their litter everyday and change their litter every week.

Now I'm trying out scented litter (Fussie Cat) but the smell is still very strong. I'm feeding them Royal Canin Kitten and the pet store guy said that maybe the cause.

Any recommendations for good litter or alternative diet that can reduce their stool odour?
Fresh poop is always smelly, but diet definitely has a strong influence on it. Make sure your cat's food has high protein and low fillers like corn, wheat, grains. Higher protein food means you also get less poop.
+Quote Post
basilisk
post Yesterday, 01:58 AM

QUOTE(aikachan @ Jul 26 2017, 07:53 PM)
Hello, guys! I have a kitten (around 4 months old), she used to eat Powercat and smartheart before, but after I found out it's not good for my kitten, I switched to IAMS dry food. She doesnt like it tho. She only eat it when I put it on my hand. I tried giving her Royal Canin wet food and she love it. Mixed it a bit with IAMS and she eat both. However now her stools are really soft, sometimes it's 50% stool with shape and sometimes it just in liquid form. Is this normal because I recently changed from dry to wet or should I just bring her to the vet?
watery stool? u mean. if the frequency of ciritbirit is high, then better see vet, if normal poo time, then most likely food problem. try to stick with the type of food tht produce the best stool.

i believe iams definitely more palatable/smells better than powercat or smart heart. but iams the oren pack is not much better in terms of ingredient if u look at it. iams is much more expensive becos its made in usa, cost of iams u can get better cat food like happy cat, matisse, etc tht is cheaper.

a hungry kitten will eat any kibble given almost. but my experience is wit kucing kg oni.. lol..
+Quote Post
spunkberry
post Yesterday, 04:37 AM
危ない人です
Group Icon
Pets Wonderland

QUOTE(aikachan @ Jul 26 2017, 07:53 PM)
it's good that you're giving her wet food. Always call your vet if you have any questions about your cat's health. We are not vet professionals here.
+Quote Post

70 Pages « < 68 69 70Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0712sec    3.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th July 2017 - 12:32 AM