TSspunkberry
post Jul 6 2017, 12:39 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

QUOTE(Candlenie @ Jul 5 2017, 10:29 AM)
What is enzymatic cleaner?

I have one big litter box for 2 cats, clean it twice a day (once if i forgotten in the morning  blush.gif ). He only pee on the beanbag, and sometimes the basin, which is super weird.
Enzymatic cleaner is a specific kind of cleaner that breaks down the compounds in animal pee and poop so they don't pee/poop in the area again. Cleaning it with bleach or regular soap is not enough.

the general rule is number of cats + 1 litter boxes, so you should have three. Two at minimum, for two cats.

Have you taken the cat to the vet to rule out medical problems?
Candlenie
post Jul 6 2017, 10:23 AM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Jul 6 2017, 12:39 AM)
Enzymatic cleaner is a specific kind of cleaner that breaks down the compounds in animal pee and poop so they don't pee/poop in the area again. Cleaning it with bleach or regular soap is not enough.

the general rule is number of cats + 1 litter boxes, so you should have three. Two at minimum, for two cats.

Have you taken the cat to the vet to rule out medical problems?
used to have 2 but seems like they prefer the litter box that is fully covered. Don't think he's sick, he is just obsessed with my bean bag. if i hide it then he wont cincai pee everywhere.

Anyway will drop by pet shop and look for enzymatic cleaner and see if it works. thanks a lot!!
TSspunkberry
post Jul 7 2017, 12:31 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

QUOTE(Candlenie @ Jul 6 2017, 10:23 AM)
used to have 2 but seems like they prefer the litter box that is fully covered. Don't think he's sick, he is just obsessed with my bean bag. if i hide it then he wont cincai pee everywhere.

Anyway will drop by pet shop and look for enzymatic cleaner and see if it works. thanks a lot!!
Definitely try that first, but it may be too late for your bean bag if it has been happening for a while and the pee has soaked into it.
ocyrus
post Jul 10 2017, 10:05 AM

Getting Started
193 posts

Hi guys, I just moved into a condo with my two 7 month old kittens. I use Cats Best Oko Plus Litter and placed their litter box in a small laundry room where there is a window and ceiling fan. The litter clumping is quite good and I clean it twice a day but the smell is still quite strong.

Anyone got suggestion to reduce the smell? Any recommendations for kitty litter with high smell absorption? My wife wants to buy the Catit Smartsift litter box but I read that cats do not like enclosed litter box.
usmanjailani
post Jul 10 2017, 10:53 AM

Getting Started
174 posts

QUOTE(ocyrus @ Jul 10 2017, 10:05 AM)
Hi guys, I just moved into a condo with my two 7 month old kittens. I use Cats Best Oko Plus Litter and placed their litter box in a small laundry room where there is a window and ceiling fan. The litter clumping is quite good and I clean it twice a day but the smell is still quite strong.

Anyone got suggestion to reduce the smell? Any recommendations for kitty litter with high smell absorption? My wife wants to buy the Catit Smartsift litter box but I read that cats do not like enclosed litter box.
pine wood cat litter

i use this..RM78-RM98++ varies by petshop..
overall satisfied..fast absorption..but it not clumping together when react to water..it just become like wood dust..

no pee or poo smell..the pallet will stick to the poo, but will not cover entire surface since its in pallet form..but still the smell is minimal..

i live in a flat, litter box is outside in the loundry balcony, open air..

disclaimer: im not seller or related in any way to the seller..just using the link for pic reference.. smile.gif

This post has been edited by usmanjailani: Jul 10 2017, 10:55 AM
basilisk
post Jul 10 2017, 11:53 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(usmanjailani @ Jul 10 2017, 10:53 AM)
pine wood cat litter

i use this..RM78-RM98++ varies by petshop..
overall satisfied..fast absorption..but it not clumping together when react to water..it just become like wood dust..

hv not try pellets, so i wana ask, since the pellet will break n become like sawdust when kena urine, then do u leave it in the box ? or how do you remove it?

This post has been edited by basilisk: Jul 10 2017, 11:54 AM
usmanjailani
post Jul 10 2017, 12:06 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jul 10 2017, 11:53 AM)
hv not try pellets, so i wana ask, since the pellet will break n become like sawdust when kena urine, then do u leave it in the box ? or how do you remove it?
scoop with those standard scooper, and filter the dust in the plastic bag..reuse the leftover/those normal pellet..but the dust will dried up fast, not like clay type litter that will stay wet, so it is much easier to handle it when it dried, literally like sawdust..when im rushing to go out and the cat poop, i just scoop the dust to cover the poop until im coming back to clean the box properly..i clean it minimum twice or 3 times a day depends on my rajin mood..

my wife is quite sensitive with smell, since using that, she not complain much except when the cat just left his poop without covered it back.. vmad.gif
kizwan
post Jul 10 2017, 12:11 PM

BÖw DÖwn TÖ LÖrd PringlËs
826 posts

QUOTE(ocyrus @ Jul 10 2017, 10:05 AM)

I use Smartsift for almost 4 years & my cats don't have problem using it.

Regarding the smell, are you referring the smell in general or the poop still smell even after buried? I did tried Oko Plus but it was two years ago.
kizwan
post Jul 10 2017, 12:15 PM

826 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jul 10 2017, 11:53 AM)
I use this kind of litter box. The wood dust will drop down to the bottom compartment. You can easily discard the wood dust this way. You also can DIY the litter box yourself.

user posted image
usmanjailani
post Jul 10 2017, 12:48 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

QUOTE(kizwan @ Jul 10 2017, 12:15 PM)
I use this kind of litter box. The wood dust will drop down to the bottom compartment. You can easily discard the wood dust this way. You also can DIY the litter box yourself.

user posted image
this!..i've planned to diy something like this, but no time at all..so just manually scooping & filter it away..
basilisk
post Jul 10 2017, 01:48 PM

30 posts

thanks for the reply bros smile.gif i saw those litter box, i wonder how it works, so now i know. smile.gif it is for pellets.
i got tired of kikis sticky clay ...

in the past i got use feline pine clumping litter, it will clump but wont dry, not sure if they add stuff into it to make it clump.
Attached Image

now aft 4years , the price increase so much.. frm rm19.9 to over rm30+

oko plus wont break up into sawdust, tried before.

now anyone calculated which litter type is cheapest to use? china clay vs pellets?

This post has been edited by basilisk: Jul 10 2017, 02:13 PM
ocyrus
post Jul 10 2017, 04:55 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(kizwan @ Jul 10 2017, 12:11 PM)

Regarding the smell, are you referring the smell in general or the poop still smell even after buried? I did tried Oko Plus but it was two years ago.
The smell from coming from the kitty litter even after I've cleaned it. What litter do you use with Smartsift? I read in the previous thread that Oko is not compatible with Smartsift.
Candlenie
post Jul 10 2017, 05:41 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(kizwan @ Jul 10 2017, 12:11 PM)

oh yeah smartsift is awesome. been using it for 2yrs+. Just few questions though, do you close the door? And how frequent you clear the plastic bag?
kizwan
post Jul 11 2017, 10:35 AM

826 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jul 10 2017, 01:48 PM)
thanks for the reply bros smile.gif i saw those litter box, i wonder how it works, so now i know. smile.gif it is for pellets. 
i got tired of kikis sticky clay ...

in the past i got use feline pine clumping litter, it will clump but wont dry, not sure if they add stuff into it to make it clump.
Attached Image
now aft 4years , the price increase so much.. frm rm19.9 to over rm30+

oko plus wont break up into sawdust, tried before.

now anyone calculated which litter type is cheapest to use? china clay vs pellets?
Pellets (pine or any kind of wood) would be the cheapest IMO. It should last longer than clay. The only downside is the wood dust but this depends on your cat behavior.

QUOTE(ocyrus @ Jul 10 2017, 04:55 PM)
The smell from coming from the kitty litter even after I've cleaned it. What litter do you use with Smartsift? I read in the previous thread that Oko is not compatible with Smartsift.
For smartsift I use standard clumping clay litter.

QUOTE(Candlenie @ Jul 10 2017, 05:41 PM)
oh yeah smartsift is awesome. been using it for 2yrs+. Just few questions though, do you close the door? And how frequent you clear the plastic bag?
I have two smartsift for two group of cats. One smartsift with closed door & another one with opened door because one group know how to push the door. I put one of the smartsift in front of the bathroom & another one in the back room. I clear the plastic bag twice a day because I have many cats but I did not change the plastic bag frequently. There's a bit of sand in there that prevent the plastic bag from getting dirty easily.

BTW, after 3 years, the handle to rotate the internal litter box broken near the hole that used to lock it but I managed to buy replacement parts. Bought extra too for future.

This post has been edited by kizwan: Jul 11 2017, 10:41 AM
Candlenie
post Jul 11 2017, 10:51 AM

Casual
315 posts

I'm wondering is it possible to train my cat to enter litter box that has a door? My cats seem like don't know / don't want to enter if i close the litter box's door. The door is transparent.
kizwan
post Jul 11 2017, 11:20 AM

826 posts

QUOTE(Candlenie @ Jul 11 2017, 10:51 AM)
I'm wondering is it possible to train my cat to enter litter box that has a door? My cats seem like don't know / don't want to enter if i close the litter box's door. The door is transparent.
Your cat should be able to learn how to enter with the door. When they really need to go, they'll try to push the door.
Candlenie
post Jul 11 2017, 01:41 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(kizwan @ Jul 11 2017, 11:20 AM)
Your cat should be able to learn how to enter with the door. When they really need to go, they'll try to push the door.
really? cause i saw them sniffing the door, and turn away
kizwan
post Jul 12 2017, 11:25 AM

826 posts

QUOTE(Candlenie @ Jul 11 2017, 01:41 PM)
really? cause i saw them sniffing the door, and turn away
Initially, yeah. Eventually they should be able to learn. You just need to be patient. Well I'm suck too in "be patient" department which is why one of my smartsift have the door opened. smile.gif Originally both of my smartsift have the door opened but one day I decided to closed the door for one of the smartsift. Before I know it, I saw some of my cats can enter & exit without any problem. A couple of my cats did failed though & they use the opened one.
ocyrus
post Jul 12 2017, 03:24 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(kizwan @ Jul 11 2017, 10:35 AM)
Pellets (pine or any kind of wood) would be the cheapest IMO. It should last longer than clay. The only downside is the wood dust but this depends on your cat behavior.
For smartsift I use standard clumping clay litter.
I have two smartsift for two group of cats. One smartsift with closed door & another one with opened door because one group know how to push the door. I put one of the smartsift in front of the bathroom & another one in the back room. I clear the plastic bag twice a day because I have many cats but I did not change the plastic bag frequently. There's a bit of sand in there that prevent the plastic bag from getting dirty easily.

BTW, after 3 years, the handle to rotate the internal litter box broken near the hole that used to lock it but I managed to buy replacement parts. Bought extra too for future.
Any recommended brand for the clumping clay litter? The pet shop suggest to use Odourlock which is quite expensive.
kizwan
post Jul 12 2017, 09:29 PM

826 posts

QUOTE(ocyrus @ Jul 12 2017, 03:24 PM)
Any recommended brand for the clumping clay litter? The pet shop suggest to use Odourlock which is quite expensive.
any clumping clay should perform the same. The regular ones should be around 16 to 20 ringgit for 10L.

137 Pages « < 67 68 69 70 71 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0144sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:29 PM