137 Pages « < 64 65 66 67 68 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cat Lovers V7 ^_^, Fabulous Cats & People

views

yashin
post May 7 2017, 03:35 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

Anyone know good cat grooming service...hair wash and trim, nails cut and ears clean? KL centre area but can travel around KL

How about teeth cleaning? Saw one place does without anesthetic whereas vet wants to sedate them. Any experience?
TSspunkberry
post May 9 2017, 04:13 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

QUOTE(yashin @ May 7 2017, 03:35 PM)
Anyone know good cat grooming service...hair wash and trim, nails cut and ears clean?  KL centre area but can travel around KL

How about teeth cleaning? Saw one place does without anesthetic whereas vet wants to sedate them. Any experience?
I would think that most groomers find cats to be a bigger liability than dogs. If you don't let your cat outdoors, there's no need to bathe them. Nail clipping is easy and can be done yourself - you just have to get the cat used to it. I adopted my cats when they were two year olds, and they got used to the nail clipping pretty quickly.

Proper teeth cleaning has to be done by the vet under general anesthetic. I personally would be suspect of places that advertise doing so without anesthetic. If they are just going to brush my cats' teeth, well, I can do that myself too for much cheaper than they would charge me.
goldfries
post May 9 2017, 04:17 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

QUOTE(Dr Jan Itor @ Apr 28 2017, 10:21 AM)
Hi guys I will be moving out of my apartment and back into my mum's house and thus I have to cat proof my mum's house. Any idea where to get the wire mesh/chicken coop wires?
Hardware stores sell them.

Don't go Ace Hardware la, those type mark up price a lot. Can buy from those ah pek types, available in metal or plastic.
Dr Jan Itor
post May 9 2017, 08:17 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ May 9 2017, 04:17 AM)
Hardware stores sell them.

Don't go Ace Hardware la, those type mark up price a lot. Can buy from those ah pek types, available in metal or plastic.
Thanks. A friend of mine uses the plastic ones. Says that they are more safe for cats
usmanjailani
post May 11 2017, 04:49 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

QUOTE(Dr Jan Itor @ May 9 2017, 08:17 AM)
Thanks. A friend of mine uses the plastic ones. Says that they are more safe for cats
would recommend plastic net..its more safer for cat and human..no corrosion, no tajam-tajam edges and etc..just dont buy net with small holes, buy those type with bigger holes as possible as it would help you ventilate the space better too..
thahirah
post May 15 2017, 04:04 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

long haired scottish fold, without cfa.

Diet is royal canine and chicken soup every few days.

-___- Attached Image
Dresperado
post May 25 2017, 03:46 PM

1 posts

Hi all cat lovers, I need some advice...

So, 3 months ago my parents rescued a few days old kitten from a main road. The tiny kitten was seen crawling in the middle of the road all alone. They tried to ask around if theres anyone willing to foster it but no one would. So they took it home.

Long story short, me and my mom foster her til shes all grown up now. But she is starting to show some behaviour issue which i dont know how to cope with.
She is quite aggressive, she would bite my hand, climb my back, and jump everywhere. She wont even let me pet her. I have countless scars on both of my hands now.
We let her roam around the house, bought toys to play with her, but that doesnt seem to be enough. I can play with her only for awhile, after that she will start to attack me instead of the toys. Its really sad and frustrating, I love this kitten so much but everyday i will get a new scar on my hand, my back or anywhere.

What should I do?

P/s: this is not my first time fostering a kitten, but my first time facing such a kitten with behaviour problem. I didnt have any issue with my previous kittens.
MakNok
post May 25 2017, 04:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,673 posts

QUOTE(enixcv123 @ May 2 2017, 10:29 AM)
Hi All,

recently there is a kitten came to my house and not willing to leave. currently i am feeding it with cat kibbles for kitten one. If anyone would like to adopt , please pm me..

I am in Kajang Selangor.

PS: i cant adopt it due to myself is having 2 large dogs.
then let your two dogs adopt the kitten lo.
i am sure they will become best of friends

basilisk
post May 25 2017, 09:41 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(Dresperado @ May 25 2017, 03:46 PM)

So, 3 months ago my parents rescued a few days old kitten from a main road. The tiny kitten was seen crawling in the middle of the road all alone. They tried to ask around if theres anyone willing to foster it but no one would. So they took it home.

Long story short, me and my mom foster her til shes all grown up now. But she is starting to show some behaviour issue which i dont know how to cope with.
She is quite aggressive, she would bite my hand, climb my back, and jump everywhere. She wont even let me pet her. I have countless scars on both of my hands now.
We let her roam around the house, bought toys to play with her, but that doesnt seem to be enough. I can play with her only for awhile, after that she will start to attack me instead of the toys. Its really sad and frustrating, I love this kitten so much but everyday i will get a new scar on my hand, my back or anywhere.

What should I do?
P/s: this is not my first time fostering a kitten, but my first time facing such a kitten with behaviour problem. I didnt have any issue with my previous kittens.
female kitty? does she have any health issue? how old already?

i used to have a male cat tht likes to bite my hand when he's had enough of petting, not in a good mood if u touch him

or when he gets irritated tht i kacau him. biggrin.gif
myteam94
post May 26 2017, 01:04 AM

Casual
400 posts

Hi pet lover

I'm looking for cat with this color Attached Image
My girlfriend cat died because of my fault/negligence
And i felt really guilty about it and depress at the same time and felt sorry about it
I know that we cant bring back the cat but i do want her to have a cat that similar to her previous cat

Cat color mix of grey and white
If someone knows a friend/contact do PM me
At the same time, i try to find in FB pages

URGENT/ASAP....sigh

This post has been edited by myteam94: May 26 2017, 01:05 AM
usmanjailani
post May 26 2017, 09:19 AM

Getting Started
174 posts

What should I do?
Hi. I have an almost same story of cat problem. I adopt a 3weeks kitten from roadside. clean him up. now maybe 2-3month old. but the way he play is quite rough, he bites my hand (finger, back hand and anything fit into his mouth), my ears when he lingers around while im laying on the bed, bite my feet, to summarize, he will bite anything bite-able to him. my answer when he biting is just flick his ear (while hissing him) or his head when its too much. but i still cant pet him too much coz he thought i wanted to played with him and the way he play is biting the other person. even my other adult male (1.5yrs old) is lazy to play with him since he always biting. if the kitten is to much, he will bite back, and hard, then the kitten will run away for awhile before coming back to play (read: BITE) with him again and again.

so anyone else have this problem and overcome it?.

This post has been edited by usmanjailani: May 26 2017, 09:28 AM
usmanjailani
post May 26 2017, 09:38 AM

Getting Started
174 posts

i have another problem..yesterday i rescued 3kittens..someone stupid/ignorant/(u can add your self) just throw these 2-3weeks old kitten away without their mother. how the heck they gonna survive without their mother?.chasing bird and mouse?.dumbass.

to make it short, i put them in a cage, clean them up, fed milk, and kept in a room since i have 2 others male cat. 1.5yrs and 2-3mth old kitten.

and then, the problem happen. someone been pooping on my couch yesterday. luckily i cover the couch with a comforter just incase something like this happened. but i havent sent the comforter to the dobby just yet since dont have time so i just swipe and spray with febreeze and cover it with large plastic.

today i found another poop with bonus of pee on top of the plastic.

any sussgestion?. or they just showing that they are not satisfied with me bringing the kitten home?.
vmad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif

below is the link for adoption..

Kitten for adoption PLS Refer Post #320
kizwan
post May 26 2017, 03:01 PM

BÖw DÖwn TÖ LÖrd PringlËs
826 posts

What should I do?
QUOTE(usmanjailani @ May 26 2017, 09:19 AM)
Hi. I have an almost same story of cat problem. I adopt a 3weeks kitten from roadside. clean him up. now maybe 2-3month old. but the way he play is quite rough, he bites my hand (finger, back hand and anything fit into his mouth), my ears when he lingers around while im laying on the bed, bite my feet, to summarize, he will bite anything bite-able to him. my answer when he biting is just flick his ear (while hissing him) or his head when its too much. but i still cant pet him too much coz he thought i wanted to played with him and the way he play is biting the other person. even my other adult male (1.5yrs old) is lazy to play with him since he always biting. if the kitten is to much, he will bite back, and hard, then the kitten will run away for awhile before coming back to play (read: BITE) with him again and again.

Kittens that separated too early from their mother may have behavior issue like this. They likely just super excited, super happy & it's the only way they know how. Good news is that they'll calm down when they get older. I can't give you guys the exact number but if your kitten is now 3 month old, after a couple months more, that kitten will calm down. In the meantime, you all just need to be superly patience with them. You can say STOP/NO with stern voice to them which what I did to my cat. I also caged her (this is like time-out for her too) because she is soo hyper & I'm afraid she can hurt herself but I did let her out for few hours for play time, with me around for monitoring her of course. I also put bandage on both of my arms & legs, so that she can bite them as she pleases.

QUOTE(myteam94 @ May 26 2017, 01:04 AM)
Hi pet lover

I'm looking for cat with this color Attached Image
My girlfriend cat died because of my fault/negligence
And i felt really guilty about it and depress at the same time and felt sorry about it
I know that we cant bring back the cat but i do want her to have a cat that similar to her previous cat

Cat color mix of grey and white
If someone knows a friend/contact do PM me
At the same time, i try to find in FB pages

URGENT/ASAP....sigh
Go to animal shelter near you. If your town/district/municipal council do catch stray cats, you can go to them too. I think you can easily find one that have same color like that.

...and also, don't repeat the mistake again.

QUOTE(usmanjailani @ May 26 2017, 09:38 AM)
i have another problem..yesterday i rescued 3kittens..someone stupid/ignorant/(u can add your self) just throw these 2-3weeks old kitten away without their mother. how the heck they gonna survive without their mother?.chasing bird and mouse?.dumbass.

to make it short, i put them in a cage, clean them up, fed milk, and kept in a room since i have 2 others male cat. 1.5yrs and 2-3mth old kitten.

and then, the problem happen. someone been pooping on my couch yesterday. luckily i cover the couch with a comforter just incase something like this happened. but i havent sent the comforter to the dobby just yet since dont have time so i just swipe and spray with febreeze and cover it with large plastic.

today i found another poop with bonus of pee on top of the plastic.

any sussgestion?. or they just showing that they are not satisfied with me bringing the kitten home?.
vmad.gif  vmad.gif  vmad.gif

below is the link for adoption..

Kitten for adoption PLS Refer Post #320
It can be any reason but I don't think it is because of the new kittens since you already separate them with the new kittens in another room. It is possible your cats relapse for some reason. Some cats do not like when they smell another cat's poop and/or urine in the litter box. If this is the case, you should add another litter box. I just want to add that majority of cats can tolerate though. To know the real reason, you should study your cat behavior more.

This post has been edited by kizwan: May 26 2017, 03:03 PM
Dresperado
post May 26 2017, 04:03 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ May 25 2017, 09:41 PM)
female kitty? does she have any health issue? how old already?

i used to have a male cat tht likes to bite my hand when he's had enough of petting, not in a good mood if u touch him

or when he gets irritated tht i kacau him.  biggrin.gif
yes female. no health issue, coming into 4-month-old. i hope her behaviour will change sad.gif

QUOTE(usmanjailani @ May 26 2017, 09:19 AM)

QUOTE(kizwan @ May 26 2017, 03:01 PM)
Kittens that separated too early from their mother may have behavior issue like this. They likely just super excited, super happy & it's the only way they know how. Good news is that they'll calm down when they get older. I can't give you guys the exact number but if your kitten is now 3 month old, after a couple months more, that kitten will calm down. In the meantime, you all just need to be superly patience with them. You can say STOP/NO with stern voice to them which what I did to my cat. I also caged her (this is like time-out for her too) because she is soo hyper & I'm afraid she can hurt herself but I did let her out for few hours for play time, with me around for monitoring her of course. I also put bandage on both of my arms & legs, so that she can bite them as she pleases.

I hope so. I'll be patient with her and hopefully she will trust me completely and change her behaviour.
thanks for your feedbacks. thumbup.gif I will never give up on her.
Shes my little precious gem.
myteam94
post May 26 2017, 09:40 PM

Casual
400 posts

QUOTE(kizwan @ May 26 2017, 03:01 PM)
Go to animal shelter near you. If your town/district/municipal council do catch stray cats, you can go to them too. I think you can easily find one that have same color like that.

...and also, don't repeat the mistake again.
It can be any reason but I don't think it is because of the new kittens since you already separate them with the new kittens in another room. It is possible your cats relapse for some reason. Some cats do not like when they smell another cat's poop and/or urine in the litter box. If this is the case, you should add another litter box. I just want to add that majority of cats can tolerate though. To know the real reason, you should study your cat behavior more.
Nearest cat shelter in KL/selangor is where except SPCA?
kizwan
post May 28 2017, 12:05 AM

BÖw DÖwn TÖ LÖrd PringlËs
826 posts

QUOTE(myteam94 @ May 26 2017, 09:40 PM)
Sorry, I don't know where you can find animal shelter in KL/Selangor.
will4848
post May 28 2017, 09:09 AM

UNKNOWN
5,520 posts

QUOTE(myteam94 @ May 26 2017, 09:40 PM)
I just save a kitten 3 weeks ago, u wanna to adopt ??

Color black n white also, about 1-2 month old....if interested u can pm me, i can whatsapp u the pic n im in wangsa maju area. Thanks.
BaZingLa
post Jun 6 2017, 10:12 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

recently theres a cat who came into my balcony and has been staying there for a week. does any1 wants to adopt it? please pm asap.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
basilisk
post Jun 10 2017, 01:11 PM

30 posts

hi, any cat owner here, vaccinate your cat against felv?

i would like to know which brand of vac.

normally vet won't vac felv, if owner did not request.

the 5 in 1 vac which includes felv is more expensive.

this study result shows killed virus felv is more effective than recombinant felv vac.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24662705
Alert_RaZO
post Jun 10 2017, 01:38 PM

On my way
572 posts

Anyone here sleep with cat?
My cat is keep in condo, got bath the cat every month and clean the ear at least 1 week.

will it affect my health?

137 Pages « < 64 65 66 67 68 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0263sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:54 AM