Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

447 Pages « < 188 189 190 191 192 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Tint Advice - V2, Raytech, Vkool, Huper Optic, 3M or .....

views

jamespaul
post Dec 12 2017, 10:30 AM

Getting Started
211 posts

QUOTE(Lord Gitsy @ Dec 11 2017, 08:54 PM)
Hi. I think u are only read his comment and we have replied to that statement. And also the following comment we replied until now which explained the main things that affect the performance of window film. Different VLT % (Visible Light Transmittance)  and different of IRR % (Infrared red rejection)  can affect significantly in performance. You can read thoroughly  smile.gif

The video is a guideline for consumer to chose Genuine brand products. It's not even for our products only and workable in other Genuine brands too. You can have your own way to judge the product, just make sure you request the meter testing before purchase. Raytech provides meter testing in the shop too.
Meter testing after installation can?

I would like to test the new tint at your shop and tint I’ve used for 3 years.

That would be the best testimonial for you
CLsoo
post Dec 12 2017, 02:04 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Lord Gitsy @ Dec 11 2017, 08:54 PM)
Hi. I think u are only read his comment and we have replied to that statement. And also the following comment we replied until now which explained the main things that affect the performance of window film. Different VLT % (Visible Light Transmittance)  and different of IRR % (Infrared red rejection)  can affect significantly in performance. You can read thoroughly  smile.gif

The video is a guideline for consumer to chose Genuine brand products. It's not even for our products only and workable in other Genuine brands too. You can have your own way to judge the product, just make sure you request the meter testing before purchase. Raytech provides meter testing in the shop too.
Raytech Ultra 70 - VLT 73%, TSER 58%
Huper Ceramic 60 - VLT 60%, TSER 42%
3m crystalline 70 - VLT 68%, TSER 50%
vkool elite - VLT 73% , TSER ?? (cant found tser)
haverkamp 70 , VLT 70%, TSER 50%

just wondering how you get this TSER 58% ? Do you mind to explain the way you get TSER 58% ?

raytech 70 is 15% more compare with others film in market. All Tint Film model above IRR should all is 90% above. With same IRR & VLT , how come Raytech 70 have big different compare to others ?
jamespaul
post Dec 12 2017, 02:51 PM

Getting Started
211 posts

QUOTE(CLsoo @ Dec 12 2017, 02:04 PM)

just wondering how you get this TSER 58% ? Do you mind to explain the way you get TSER 58% ?

raytech 70 is 15% more compare with others film in market.  All Tint Film model above IRR should all is 90% above. With same IRR & VLT , how come Raytech 70 have big different compare to others ?
This was the same argument I had previously. But I dont think Lord Glitsy has the answer.

I highlighted that with VLT 70% and IRR of 90%+, you can only get around 40-55%

The other brand that is also not telling the truth is Ecotint. They claim IRR rejection of 90%++ but Smart Tag can still use.

In theory, with high IRR rejection, Smart Tag cannot use at all
ayamxxx
post Dec 12 2017, 03:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(jamespaul @ Dec 12 2017, 02:51 PM)
This was the same argument I had previously. But I dont think Lord Glitsy has the answer.

The other brand that is also not telling the truth is Ecotint. They claim IRR rejection of 90%++ but Smart Tag can still use.

thought those IRR 98% above get smartag problem, example 3M tint.

if it 90% IRR, should work as normal
jamespaul
post Dec 12 2017, 04:04 PM

Getting Started
211 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Dec 12 2017, 03:02 PM)
thought those IRR 98% above get smartag problem, example 3M tint.

if it 90% IRR, should work as normal
Shouldn't work as per normal, no?

Smart Tag was designed to use Infra Red to communicate with the reader. If 90% of the communication medium is blocked, would it work 100% (as per normal) of the time at the recommended speed?

Or it would require you to slow down even more than the recommended speed.

Eg: with no tint, Smart Tag can work up to 20km/h (assuming the battery strength of your smart tag is in operating capacity. with tint of 90% IRR rejection, you would most certainly, need to slow down to around 2-4km/h to get through the smart tag lane.

This post has been edited by jamespaul: Dec 12 2017, 04:37 PM
celciuz
post Dec 12 2017, 07:49 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,509 posts

QUOTE(jamespaul @ Dec 12 2017, 04:04 PM)
Shouldn't work as per normal, no?

Smart Tag was designed to use Infra Red to communicate with the reader. If 90% of the communication medium is blocked, would it work 100% (as per normal) of the time at the recommended speed?

Or it would require you to slow down even more than the recommended speed.

Eg: with no tint, Smart Tag can work up to 20km/h (assuming the battery strength of your smart tag is in operating capacity. with tint of 90% IRR rejection, you would most certainly, need to slow down to around 2-4km/h to get through the smart tag lane.
This is what got me curious about, 3M Crystalline has issues with smart tag, but the Raytech Ultra 70 doesn't have... why tho? But previously I asked, Lord Gitsy said need to go slow... but I remember for Crystalline has to be like super turtle slow (like these wira going past a high bump LOL)..

Unless of course the IRR rejection is for certain wave length only... the 98% claimed for 300nm or something while Smart Tag running on another wave length perhaps?
Lord Gitsy
post Dec 13 2017, 12:31 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(jamespaul @ Dec 12 2017, 10:30 AM)
Meter testing after installation can?

I would like to test the new tint at your shop and tint I’ve used for 3 years.

That would be the best testimonial for you
Of course can. We provide BTU meter testing after installation. New tint can be tested in our shop also smile.gif
Lord Gitsy
post Dec 13 2017, 01:06 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(CLsoo @ Dec 12 2017, 02:04 PM)

raytech 70 is 15% more compare with others film in market.  All Tint Film model above IRR should all is 90% above. With same IRR & VLT , how come Raytech 70 have big different compare to others ?
Hi, thanks for providing the info. The specification of Raytech products are provided by the laboratory of our manufacturer. Different manufacturer will have different ways to measure Infrared-red rejection (IRR). They are measured our products with wider band of wavelength for IRR. So overall TSER is better.

In technically, Infrared-red rejection (IRR) has a wavelength from 780nm-2500nm, which is meaning the entire IRR “band” is 1,720 nm wide. Different of window film manufacturers report performance for IRR in a variety of ways because there is not one, uniformly accepted test method for measuring IRR. Each manufacturer measures IRR differently, generally at a single point or narrow range at which the film may perform great and thus, best marketed in that range. For example, 3M products is measured under wavelength band 900-1000nm ONLY. It has 97% IRR in that band only but does not mean it has same results in overall wavelength.

user posted image

Some specific examples of these claims include:

Product A: A product manufacturer reports the Infrared-red rejection (IRR) at only one wavelength, 1000nm, where the energy from the sun has already significantly tapered off.
Product B: A manufacturer of a product chose to report the IRR at 1025 nm, which carries about 10% less solar energy than reporting it at 1000 nm.
Product C: The manufacturer chose a point to the far right of the spectrum, out in the near infrared at approximately 1450 nm, where there is almost no solar energy left.
Product D and E: Manufacturers not reporting a specific wave length or range of wavelengths over which they make their IRR claims.
Product F: The manufacturer of this product only reports their IRR number between 900nm and 1,000nm, for a total bandwidth of 100 nm. Noting that the entire IRR band is 1,720 nm wide, this figure represents about 6% of the entire width of the IRR. Therefore, the IRR reported by this company ignores 94% of the infrared wavelengths.

Lastly, Raytech emphasize consumers to test window film by BTU solar power meter instead of IRR meter because BTU meter can show how much of the total solar heat can be rejected by a window film smile.gif

You are welcome to visit our branch to see product demo personally. We can test products by BTU solar meter and do comparison for few brands with meter for u to understand smile.gif

This post has been edited by Lord Gitsy: Dec 13 2017, 02:01 AM
fakerdemit
post Dec 13 2017, 01:16 AM

Getting Started
224 posts

Can anyone suggest which tint for the new myvi?

Preferably with heat rejection and doesn’t affect smart tag.
Lord Gitsy
post Dec 13 2017, 01:50 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Dec 12 2017, 07:49 PM)
This is what got me curious about, 3M Crystalline has issues with smart tag, but the Raytech Ultra 70 doesn't have... why tho? But previously I asked, Lord Gitsy said need to go slow... but I remember for Crystalline has to be like super turtle slow (like these wira going past a high bump LOL)..

Unless of course the IRR rejection is for certain wave length only... the 98% claimed for 300nm or something while Smart Tag running on another wave length perhaps?
QUOTE(jamespaul @ Dec 12 2017, 02:51 PM)

Hi, Raytech did not claimed that our Ultra 70 can 100% pass the Smartag toll. The previous version of Raytech Ultra 70 had met the Smartag problem also. We received compliant from customers in this thread too.

QUOTE(Xccess @ Apr 6 2016, 02:49 PM)
Anyone using Raytech 6mil series? Do you have problem with smart tag detection? If no, where do you place your smart tag?
After that, we did more improvement on this product because don't want customer paid so much for product cannot detect Smartag. Now Raytech Ultra 70 has lesser problem on Smartag detection already.

Smartag is using Infrared red to detect but does not mean higher IRR cannot use Smartag at all. As long as the frequency and wavelength are at the point after filter by window film, there is still possible to detect the smartag by driving slower etc. 3M Crystalline's material is not same with Raytech Ultra 70 and developed from different manufacturer's technology so detection of Smartag cannot be same smile.gif

keithwwk
post Dec 13 2017, 08:48 AM

36 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Dec 12 2017, 07:49 PM)

Eh..I thought of doing Crystalline coming weekend..Does it block auto gate remote control signal? blush.gif
jamespaul
post Dec 13 2017, 09:19 AM

Getting Started
211 posts

QUOTE(Lord Gitsy @ Dec 13 2017, 01:06 AM)
Hi, thanks for providing the info. The specification of Raytech products are provided by the laboratory of our manufacturer. Different manufacturer will have different ways to measure Infrared-red rejection (IRR). They are measured our products with wider band of wavelength for IRR. So overall TSER is better.

In technically, Infrared-red rejection (IRR) has a wavelength from 780nm-2500nm, which is meaning the entire IRR “band” is 1,720 nm wide. Different of window film manufacturers report performance for IRR in a variety of ways because there is not one, uniformly accepted test method for measuring IRR. Each manufacturer measures IRR differently, generally at a single point or narrow range at which the film may perform great and thus, best marketed in that range. For example, 3M products is measured under wavelength band 900-1000nm ONLY. It has 97% IRR in that band only but does not mean it has same results in overall wavelength.

user posted image

Some specific examples of these claims include:

Product A: A product manufacturer reports the Infrared-red rejection (IRR) at only one wavelength, 1000nm, where the energy from the sun has already significantly tapered off.
Product B: A manufacturer of a product chose to report the IRR at 1025 nm, which carries about 10% less solar energy than reporting it at 1000 nm.
Product C: The manufacturer chose a point to the far right of the spectrum, out in the near infrared at approximately 1450 nm, where there is almost no solar energy left.
Product D and E: Manufacturers not reporting a specific wave length or range of wavelengths over which they make their IRR claims.
Product F: The manufacturer of this product only reports their IRR number between 900nm and 1,000nm, for a total bandwidth of 100 nm. Noting that the entire IRR band is 1,720 nm wide, this figure represents about 6% of the entire width of the IRR. Therefore, the IRR reported by this company ignores 94% of the infrared wavelengths.

Lastly, Raytech emphasize consumers to test window film by BTU solar power meter instead of IRR meter because BTU meter can show how much of the total solar heat can be rejected by a window film smile.gif

You are welcome to visit our branch to see product demo personally. We can test products by BTU solar meter and do comparison for few brands with meter for u to understand smile.gif
Excellent explanation.
I'm V-Kool
post Dec 13 2017, 02:29 PM

Getting Started
286 posts

QUOTE(CLsoo @ Dec 12 2017, 03:04 PM)

V-Kool Elite = V-Kool 70 = TSER 55%

http://www.v-kool.com/automotive-window-films/V-KOOL70
jamespaul
post Dec 13 2017, 03:01 PM

Getting Started
211 posts

QUOTE(I'm V-Kool @ Dec 13 2017, 02:29 PM)
V-Kool Elite = V-Kool 70 = TSER 55%

http://www.v-kool.com/automotive-window-films/V-KOOL70
Not Smart TAG friendly i suppose
jepakazoid_82
post Dec 13 2017, 04:55 PM

Enthusiast
829 posts

Hi guys, is it advisable to have security tint on front windscreen?

Also, wondering if anybody using Raytech AX security tint. Is it tint for the windows and the difference between normal AX and black AX.

This post has been edited by jepakazoid_82: Dec 13 2017, 05:02 PM
haverkamp
post Dec 13 2017, 05:17 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(jepakazoid_82 @ Dec 13 2017, 04:55 PM)
Hi guys, is it advisable to have security tint on front windscreen?
Not advisable to install security tint on front windscreen. except you going to pay more (double or triple higher).

windshields are generally made of laminated safety glass, a type of treated glass, which consists of two (typically) curved sheets of glass with a plastic layer laminated between them for safety.

Windshield is 2 pcs of curve glass. Different with Side glass.

Cost to install security tint (4mil & above) on front windscreen is very expensive. Because is require higher installation skill, require extra longer time then normal 2mil film (need heat the film become curve shape slowly by heat-gun) , & require a high quality film (low quality film will look blur when on curve glass) .
jepakazoid_82
post Dec 13 2017, 05:27 PM

Enthusiast
829 posts

QUOTE(haverkamp @ Dec 13 2017, 05:17 PM)
Not advisable to install security tint on front windscreen. except you going to pay more (double or triple higher).

windshields are generally made of laminated safety glass, a type of treated glass, which consists of two (typically) curved sheets of glass with a plastic layer laminated between them for safety.

Windshield is 2 pcs of curve glass. Different with Side glass.

Cost to install security tint (4mil & above) on front windscreen is very expensive. Because is require higher installation skill, require extra longer time then normal 2mil film (need heat the film become curve shape slowly by heat-gun) , & require a high quality film (low quality film will look blur when on curve glass) .
Thanks for the clear explanation.

Im quoted 5 mil security tint of rm1.4K for all windows. This is for new myvi. Not sure if its expensive or reasonable.
Lord Gitsy
post Dec 13 2017, 05:48 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(jepakazoid_82 @ Dec 13 2017, 05:27 PM)
Thanks for the clear explanation.

Im quoted 5 mil security tint of rm1.4K for all windows. This is for new myvi. Not sure if its expensive or reasonable.
Hi, AX Normal and AX Black are same category but the visual light transmittance (VLT) % are different. The 1.4k is the original price. You can request the seller for more discount smile.gif

The spec of them are as below:

AX normal 5mil ----> Install on driver side window
VLT 58% UVR 99% IRR 65% TSER 40%

AX Black 5mil ---> Colour is darker, Install on rear passenger side window and rear screen.
VLT 38% UVR 99% IRR 65% TSER 43%

krgia10
post Dec 13 2017, 05:53 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(keithwwk @ Dec 13 2017, 08:48 AM)
Eh..I thought of doing Crystalline coming weekend..Does it block auto gate remote control signal?  blush.gif
Excellent in autogate remote control signal but bad on smart tag.
jepakazoid_82
post Dec 13 2017, 05:55 PM

Enthusiast
829 posts

QUOTE(Lord Gitsy @ Dec 13 2017, 05:48 PM)
Hi, AX Normal and AX Black are same category but the visual light transmittance (VLT) % are different. The 1.4k is the original price. You can request the seller for more discount smile.gif

The spec of them are as below:

AX normal 5mil ----> Install on driver side window
VLT 58% UVR 99% IRR 65% TSER 40%

AX Black 5mil ---> Colour is darker, Install on rear passenger side window and rear screen.
VLT 38% UVR 99% IRR 65% TSER 43%
Somehow the quoted price, which is informed by the perodua sales advisor is for all windows. Is it normal for Raytech to tint the 5 mil on front windscreen as well?

447 Pages « < 188 189 190 191 192 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0156sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:58 PM