Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Car Tint Advice - V2, Raytech, Vkool, Huper Optic, 3M or .....

views

ayamxxx
post Jun 1 2015, 10:22 PM

On my way
511 posts

Please PM for ACCORD 2014 sedan tinting options:-
1) JPJ Compliance
2) Security Tint for side windows
3) Able to use GPS and Smart tag
3) High TSER

Budget RM2k
ayamxxx
post Jun 2 2015, 09:45 PM

On my way
511 posts

so expert...

which one is the best?
other than V-Kool since it hurts my wallet smile.gif

ayamxxx
post Sep 10 2015, 07:16 AM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(garrick86 @ Sep 9 2015, 02:19 PM)
Here is my personal experience after researching window film for my new car for months.

I finally got tinted with Raytech Cheras.

Spec: Ultra 70 for FWS and RX 6mil for the rest

Review:

Raytech Cheras customer representative was very friendly and helpful on explaining and demo. The tinting was done in about 2 hours. Towel was used and no shoe or dirt marks on my light beige color leather as instructed to be very cautious.

I followed the instruction post-tinting and waited 2 weeks to see if there are any defects or dust. Meanwhile I am relieved that the heat resistance is superb and as advertised and you would feel only a little under the sunlight.

However there was few issue regarding dusts and on my FWS and Side window, I arranged my appointment for the warranty and get back to retint.

They are very helpful in identifying the dust and helped me to retint the windows to perfection without any further questioning or denying, I have got to compliment them for the good responsibility and professionalism. They have retinted 2 times on the same window to perfection with no dust at all.
Only one small thing is that when they retint my left rear window there was no towel used but luckily my power windows and indoor ambient led light still working.

My driver side window still got some dusts and will return to retint after my car coating is done.

SMART TAG: 10/10 (No issue at all, pass through with 100% so far with low speed)

ELECTRIC GATE: 10/10 (No issue at all, the 434 remote signal can send from 20m away)

HEAT REJECTION : 9/10 (At par with Vkool Elite on my other car, only a little heat under the sun)

WORKMANSHIP: 6/10 (Dusts spotted at all panels including RWS, maybe due to busy/peak hours and the lack of towel when retinting on my rear window)

RESPONSIBILITY: 10/10 (Retint to perfection without hesitation)

CREDIBILITY: 10/10 (So far)

Overall I would recommend Raytech for the good heat rejection of RX (98% IRR), credibility and responsibility of the workers.

*Will continue to update in the future and share my experiences/reviews on this tinting job after months or years.
Mine is installed with Wingard Royale, spend 2k after discount.

Spec wise: IRR 90%, TSER 60%. Got better product, Wingard Regal, IRR 95%, TSER 75%, but above my budget. Both JPJ compliance.

SMART TAG: No problem
AUTO GATE: No problem
HEAT REJECTION : I say it good, dont feel any sun heat anymore. Been putting the car outside for 3-4 hours during noon, seem like not much heat.

WORKMANSHIP: Depend which shop u visit, mine do in Kajang.
WARRANTY: 10 years, so anything i can do visit here.
ayamxxx
post Oct 9 2015, 03:51 PM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(alexei @ Oct 9 2015, 09:18 AM)
It is covered. They chose not to replace it.
If the tint and glass meets VLT of 75%, it can stay on. Unfortunately, most windscreen glass are pre-tinted, making the combination lower VLT than 75% so kena tear off.
as far as my experience with puspakom last week, it either u clear of the tinted, or else u will get Failed for puspakom. U can ask runner there for their experience as well. most will agreed, that better off to clear the tinted before meet Puspakom

my case, even it already no-tinted on it, it does not mean my windscreen and rest is 90% VLT, there r slight chance it will have less Vlt % on it.
ayamxxx
post Oct 11 2015, 12:20 AM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(BaDKiDz @ Oct 10 2015, 08:09 PM)
Will runner tear off for you? My front only the top there tint dark, below no tint.. Aside, they ask tear on the spot or how? Which puspa u went
Puspakom bandar tun razak, cheras bro.

Im not using runner last time.
The puspakom will not tear off the tinted at their place, instead they will failed ur puspakom, as happen to few other car in front of me.

ayamxxx
post Oct 13 2015, 07:08 AM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(ASAP @ Oct 12 2015, 08:39 PM)
Hi, I am getting myself a Honda city and the agent asked me to buy from them. They recommend Wingard thickness 4 mil and the price is RM1,650. Is it expensive? Please advise. Thanks.
If it wingard royale n regal product, then its good.
How to know, these 2 c carries 10 year warranty. Their IRR TSER kindda good
ayamxxx
post Oct 24 2015, 06:55 AM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(Bananz @ Oct 24 2015, 12:17 AM)
Hi guys, i am new to car accesories and I have totally no idea what those brands are
i bought a Myvi SE 1.5 (2015)recently
the car comes with perodua ori security + uv protect tint (yes again, i dont know what brand it is)
so, my car usually will park at places without shading
so? any suggestion for a new quality, uv protect yet affordable one? should i ads the new tint on the ori tint or...?
I believe that is myvi windscreen + glass with UV protection only. Like it a new features by several car makers since 3-4 years ago. They put some chemical during glass manufacturing that have UV protection, and not tinted.

But it does not protect any IRR% and heat in general. Imho
ayamxxx
post Jun 10 2016, 07:25 AM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(faymeow @ Jun 8 2016, 06:15 PM)
Hi Dealer/Installer,

Please quote me for my Suprima S.

Budget: around RM2k

1. remove ecotint that come with the car.
2. brand preferred: LLumar, V-Kool, RayTech, 3M
3. 4 side security film ~5MIL
4. RWS & RWS - good heat rejection but compliant to JPJ's rule & smart tag/gps
5. Location KL, Cheras preferred

Please mention the series/model of recommended product

Thanks You very much
Is the ecotint come with suprima not good enough for heat rejection?
ayamxxx
post Aug 9 2016, 07:10 AM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(haverkamp @ Aug 8 2016, 04:28 PM)
Any good vs tint market which usually came from us

ayamxxx
post Oct 5 2016, 05:47 PM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(Lord Gitsy @ Oct 1 2016, 12:09 AM)
Hi bro, you are right, the heat would penetrate through honeycomb strip area if there are untinted. We suggest you can tint the whole windscreen including that area, after tinted you can see the tinted cannot stick perfectly on that area due to non flat area, but you can add 7 inch black sunshade tint on the top part of windscreen to make it look nicer. Raytech warranty has covered if the area got blemishes or bubbles in future. Cheers bro smile.gif
Boss, will it effect on Rain sensor and radio aerial if follow that practice, black sunshade tint?

Believe accord 2015 also have these type, functions for both rain sensor and aerial surroundings that things
ayamxxx
post Oct 10 2016, 11:56 AM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(klavgjoe @ Oct 8 2016, 12:41 AM)
im getting a used car. which alreayd have 3m tinted.. puspakom inspection sure fail all tinted? i remove all first or just go puspakom fail only remove tint?
my car was with Wingard tint last time, the 1st owner (seller) spend about 2k plus for his car tinted.
He ask his driver to do the puspakom inspection for selling car procedure, it fail only at windscreen and both Left and right front window.

I just top up new tint at windscreen and both front window.

try ur luck at puspakom first

This post has been edited by ayamxxx: Oct 10 2016, 11:57 AM
ayamxxx
post Oct 18 2016, 08:35 AM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(klavgjoe @ Oct 17 2016, 07:54 PM)
used FUJICOOL on my optra .. 3rd year onwards the color fading.. now 5 year d like no tint smile.gif
Happen also to my office collegue. He install FUJICOOL with 90% IRR, after topup from groupon. Bought from groupon in 1st place, where groupon only offer 80% Irr

I have bought also from groupon for other car, tint brand coolermaster, but with 80% IRR. Test it in yard at Lumut and Telok Kalong yard, both perform great. Now only in 2nd year.
ayamxxx
post Oct 22 2016, 01:41 PM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(Lord Gitsy @ Oct 21 2016, 11:39 PM)
So that Infa Red value is not accurate in testing film performance. It is because Infra-red is not represent the whole total solar energy. It only contribute 54% of total solar energy. For example, 3M IR meter only testing between wavelength 900-1000nm. It cannot represent the overall performance of Infra red rejection.

To have a well understanding on the heat rejection of the film that you want to purchase, Raytech always suggest customer to visit the tinted shop directly to see their product demonstration. Feel the heat rejection personally instead of referring on the product catalogue smile.gif
So can we conclude that we should take TSER % instead of IRR % for heat rejection?

For example tinted with TSER 60% IRR 90% is better than tinted with TSER 55% IRR 95%?

ayamxxx
post Nov 17 2016, 06:13 PM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(diversity @ Nov 17 2016, 05:37 PM)
2 days not much diff bro, wait at least a week or two. If not later re-do and come out again.

I tell you la, I already went there re-do more than five times liao, I KID YOU NOT.

Each subsequent time I went, the workmanship just keeps getting shittier and shittier. At long last I can't tahan I just leave it, even tho got quite a number of small bubbles.

Because when they re-do especially the chinese guy will do very very fast without checking one. Hes also reluctant to do as according to him, bubbles in car tint is NORMAL. I told him I do cheap tint outside RM180 also no bubbles. Whats wrong with you? Somemore I regret taking their high spec security tint. Nearly 1k
It is due to poor quality material by her?

Since it cheap
ayamxxx
post Nov 18 2016, 07:06 AM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(NTE @ Nov 17 2016, 07:14 PM)
Anyone tried before vessolar or heard anything about that? I have to top up for rm900 for that. Claim to have irr of 78%. Should I go for that?
Better top up and get branded tint. Take TSER value of 50%, not just IRR%
ayamxxx
post Nov 24 2016, 07:06 PM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(tanlowyatking @ Nov 24 2016, 06:54 PM)
How's the performance for Huper Optik tints? Any good?
People do review online that it performs lesser vs 3M, vkool
ayamxxx
post Nov 26 2016, 07:14 AM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(I'm V-Kool @ Nov 25 2016, 09:16 PM)
The reason of getting weak transmission signal is due to few reason

1. Metalized film (However those with spectrally selective metalized window film do not have this problem)
2. Weak frequency wavelength signal from the receiver.

I have done few test on my company own product against those device using transmission signal such as

1. GPS by Phone
- When come to Android (It only apply to old model), it have weak signal compare to Iphone.

2. Condo access card
- Depends on the access card (better sender/receiver with longer wavelength)
- We have tested upon request by condo management and some of access card can't go through due to weak transmission.

3. Smart tag
- You still can pass through but have to slow down when passing.

Bear in mind, if you do not want to have any obstruction transmission of signal choose film with Ceramic Based rather than Metal Based.
However, Ceramic Based product tend to have higher absorption and less heat rejection compare to Metal Based film.
It is true that metal based film have tendency to loss it performance after like 5 years. Compared to ceramic based
ayamxxx
post Nov 27 2016, 01:40 PM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(shaguarbb @ Nov 26 2016, 06:17 PM)
Bro... are you sure Metal based film have longer lifespan compare to Ceramic based  sweat.gif
What I read the metallic based tint is good on heat reflect. But it have tendency to become deteriorate after 5-6 years.

Off coz better to choose the film based on TSER percentage.

The deteriorates is not able to claim warranty if i not wrong?

This post has been edited by ayamxxx: Nov 27 2016, 01:40 PM
ayamxxx
post Dec 1 2016, 09:12 PM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(shinhwa92 @ Dec 1 2016, 06:44 PM)
user posted image

user posted image

Saw their ads (hamel) this afternoon at fb and wanted to ask sifu-sifu if this is a reliable brand.
and is it worth to add on RM240 for extra 10% heat rejection ? budget around RM800 and what is the best choice ? tq tq.

my location: Bukit Mertajam and Ipoh also OK for me.
Someone in this thread already complaint on this brand. Iinm due to quality and workmanship
ayamxxx
post Dec 2 2016, 08:31 AM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(voscar @ Dec 2 2016, 05:55 AM)
I tried to search Google only saw somebody on this forum asking feedback... Didn't see complain.
QUOTE(braun.buffel @ Dec 2 2016, 07:14 AM)
biasala...nampak murah terus tunjuk problem...

padahal ok jeee
check in this THREAD la.

Posted on: Jan 27 2016, 10:32 PM
please read, this thread is not for simply hentam other brand la dude.

7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0522sec    6.62    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd October 2019 - 11:09 PM