You will never know what happening in window tinting market today. Until you read this...
Before we started, I need to explain 2 things before we get confused on further statements. Window film is described based on high performance and high quality. Both aspects are important. High Performance means the window film possess superb heat rejection performance. High quality means prolonged lifetime of a window film’s material and its heat rejection performance can last for very long, for a minimum of at least 5 years. However, today, best-selling product in the market is very low in quality even though it has a considerably high performance. This means that the heat rejection is good for the first year and then it will drop more than 50% on second year. You will be surprised if I told you; the price is about the same for high and low quality film in market. Price range starts from few hundreds to two to three thousands depending on the heat rejection performance of the film.What was the Market Trends of Window Film Industry for 10-15 years ago?
* Branding was not important; customers had no idea how to look for good quality tint.
* Selling skills and salesman talks was more important at that time.
* Most tinting shop were doing own/local brand, they were not interested on good brand and International Brand, because they needed to come out with enormous amount of money for franchise fees and to purchase high cost products.
* At that time, hundreds of new brand tinting shops came out on market with many funny name.
* Korean film replaced USA film in almost all tinting shops in Malaysia.
* At that time, the Korean film was newly introduced into the market; many window tint sellers were attracted by its low costs and good heat rejection performance. However, nobody was aware of its quality, until it was proven that the heat rejection performance dropped in 12 months.
* Starting from that time until now, none of the tinting shop will tell you if they are selling Korean film, they keep cheating customer that they are selling USA film.
* After Korean products flooded Malaysia’s Tinting market, few things happened. Price war started among window film sellers, and all customers started getting low quality window film on their car, some even pay high price for it.
* After some time, we noticed more and more car on the road with the car windows full of bubbles, and waving. Incidents where the heat rejection dropped more than 50% after 1 year is also overwhelming.
* Due to unhealthy competition, many tinting shop with own brand/local brand started using unethical tricks in selling their products and they gradually started to lose their customers’ trust and confidence.In window tint market crisis, few tricks that could easily been done by them include:
1. They Provide wrong/fake heat rejection.
Example, brochure printed IRR 95%, when tested with solar meter the real reading is below 50% or even below 20%.
That is why the price could be very different in different shops.
2. Selling High Performance but Low Quality Product
The heat rejection performance lasts for maximum 1-2 years only. These films costs are actually much cheaper
and they are normally from Korea / Taiwan/ China 2-ply IR film or dye film.
3. "Made in USA" can sell better price.
Most of USA manufacturers are established company for making high performance and high quality products.
Unethical sellers that are not dealing with USA manufacturer deliberately printed "Made in USA" logo on their film
to cheat consumer so that they can sell higher price. Therefore, USA original and Low quality film selling about the same price in maket.
4. Swap Product during Installation.
Many sellers use high performance and good quality products during demonstration, however later they swap with lower
performance and poor quality products during actual installation on your the vehicle.Current Market Trends in Window Film Industry
* Today, more and more consumers are aware about poor quality tinted, so they start doing research and surveys for a good quality tinted for their car.
* One of the best ways is to look for International Brand or popular USA brand in the market. Consumer is more confident on trusted brand.
* However, consumers still not necessarily know how to differentiate a good quality window tint.
* So, a new trend starts to appear, these own brand or local brand shop closes its business one by one, and many of these companies convert their shop to USA brand, by taking franchise from distributors. However, this is not happy ending story yet.
* Many of unethical sellers (Franchisee) misuse the USA brand to cheat consumer by selling non-original or fake products at their shop and name it with "House-Brand". These house-brands are not original USA products, there are no logo printed on the tint film and they give shop warranty card to their customers.
* “Shop Warranty card” meaning you must go back to the same shop where you fitted your window tint to claim warranty. Other dealers for the same brand will not entertained you as they possibly do not have same product in their shop.
* Worst thing even happened where the seller collected full amount of money from consumer and later swapped to other product (Korea Made) for all windows and rear windscreen. Only the front windscreen is original brand product. Click [Here] to Find Out More how to Choose a High Performance and Quality Window Tint.This post has been edited by Lord Gitsy: Nov 10 2016, 11:53 PM