Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
12 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN DashCam Discussion V1 | DashCam Talk Malaysia, Ask/discuss anything related to dashcam!

views

TSwinkiedilwy
post Sep 21 2013, 12:08 PM, updated 6 months ago

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

This thread started as a seeking for dashcam thread, ended up being a discussion thread. There are so many dash cameras out there, and here are the models that I'm currently using:

- Xiaomi Yi Smart Wifi Dash Camera (First Edition) [NOT POWER EDITION]
- Xiaomi 70mai Mini Dashcam

Looking for dashcam? Scroll through the comments below!

This post has been edited by winkiedilwy: Aug 22 2018, 09:26 PM
AlexLee277
post Sep 21 2013, 02:37 PM

Dihujani kenangan masa lalu
4,221 posts

summoning Nightstalker1993
sanadi
post Sep 21 2013, 02:44 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Sep 21 2013, 12:08 PM)
Hi guys, plan to get a traffic recorder for all my cars. I've went through LYN's automotive garage but still not impressed with most of them. I'm looking for something with:

- Full HD videos, but good quality and better colours
- GPS showing speed
- look as stealthy as possible
- budget less than RM300 per unit.

Anyone can recommend me any unit or any shop i can visit to test it out. Thanks!
Don't think can get at that price. The closest that get to your spec is this:
http://store.zhapalang.com.my/product_info...roducts_id=2273

RM1,200.00

This post has been edited by sanadi: Sep 21 2013, 02:44 PM
makaveli
post Sep 21 2013, 02:56 PM

Livin' la Vida Loca
1,471 posts

GoPro settles your problem

but cheapest i seen around rm 2xx plus i seen Jing Wei was having one .
TSwinkiedilwy
post Sep 21 2013, 04:13 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(sanadi @ Sep 21 2013, 02:44 PM)
Don't think can get at that price. The closest that get to your spec is this:
http://store.zhapalang.com.my/product_info...roducts_id=2273

RM1,200.00
that is too much lol... i want something simple...

QUOTE(makaveli @ Sep 21 2013, 02:56 PM)

Jing Wei??
2xx or 2xxx? coz even Hero 3 already 8xx.
cannot find second hand.
and, gopro can auto record when start the car?
budakdegilz
post Sep 21 2013, 05:07 PM

Regular
1,113 posts

been looking the same thing...
unfortunately this car DVR are consider new market in malaysia...
not many seller advertise their item online....
and many buyer i believed bought from china/taiwan/HK themself..
and pricing wise is much more cheaper than malaysia market because of their competitiveness and market demand

p/s:
btw..i found some seller with physical shop that i believe you can test out the product yourself
but currently they only sell one type of DVR
http://www.lelong.com.my/full-hd-1080p-car...7-01-Sale-I.htm
or you can search at aliexpress....but it still a RISK buying electronic product from oversea online seller

MR_alien
post Sep 21 2013, 05:48 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
2,252 posts

like sanadi recommend
i also recommend blackvue
blackvue also have cheaper models but NOT full HD...its 720p which for me is more than enough
or go papago..but also RM300 budget, impossible full HD
when its cheap and stated its "full HD"...they mean the size of the video is full HD, not the quality
sanadi
post Sep 21 2013, 07:23 PM

9 posts

Recommend anyone who wants to buy a dashcam view this video

And read this guide:
http://dashcamtalk.com/dash-cam-buying-guide/
hengng
post Sep 21 2013, 10:14 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

Well, frankly speaking with less than RM300, I don't think you can get what you have listed above. So, I advice is, try to topup to RM700-RM800, then you may have somethings you want.

I am currently using DOD LS300w, which is truly Full HD 1080P.

Please select 1080P for clearer picture.

http://youtu.be/7aFbBeUgXAs

This post has been edited by hengng: Sep 22 2013, 03:39 PM
maxovista
post Sep 21 2013, 10:42 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

hi, I am into these gadgets as well.......

Since you already set the budget around RM300, I guess you can only get a good camera recorder with reasonable quality on optical, but not with GPS ability. For a unit with GPS....the budget need to be up! maybe twice as much...somewhere in Rm600 range!

user posted image
Mio Mivue 388

the image above shows MIO Mivue388......probably close to Rm600-700!** This unit has Full HD and GPS ability

But MIO also offers a lesser model ie Mio Mivue 338 and 358!

Basically, The Mio Mivue 338 has 720p resolution(around Rm300) and the Mio Mivue 358 Full HD!(Rm400)

Where to get it? Ebay!

I currently using the Mivue338 and although it is just a 720p in resolution. I compared to the WayWay V270 HD model found in local market(Rm229). The Mivue338 actually has better optical (wider angle) and better night time images!
The WayWay V270 HD although having full HD or 1080p resolution, the lens a bit distorted and night time recording is less detail and darker!

user posted image
Wayway V270

Other than image quality, we need also need to take note on file sizes.

at 720p the Mivu338e files averaging at 70MB (for 120seconds video), but WayWay V270 at similar resolution, the file is trice as big! Around 200MB ....

A small memory card such as the 8GB card is useless on wayway....due to its memory hungry nature!

In short, similar size SDCard can store less recorded videos on Wayway compared to the Mio Mivue devices!

Lastly, you need to look also on the the "buttons". Are they carefully layout? Are the buttons Easily to access and press in driving situation?

Plastic quality on MIO devices are great as well, suction cup and accessories(charger) are as good as Garmin product. The Wayway accessories on the other hand, are working fine but the quality is not as good as Mio!

Thats my personal review .... icon_rolleyes.gif

And below is the basic Mio Mivue338 look like:
user posted image

** since the Mio are sold at Ebay.....I couldnt give you a definite or reliable pricing! The prices keep on changing on day to day basis, please check them out regularly .....it may be lesser that what I said now!!!! thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by maxovista: Sep 22 2013, 12:36 AM
Nightstalker1993
post Sep 22 2013, 03:01 AM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

I'm using the GS9000. Bought it for RM330 on DealExtreme. Pretty damn bloody wide angle! Sample videos can get from Youtube.

heres my own sample.

I'd like to add also that the raw files looks TWICE as good as Youtube's compression at 1080p by the way.

screengrabs(warning large pics)

http://i.imgur.com/JewWDCL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nr4JtLE.jpg

Do acknowledge that by buying these cheap china dashcams, you're basically taking a gamble by the way. Google for GS9000 on dashcamtalk and you can read horror stories as well as success stories. My tips is do your research before buying any dashcam so you know the pros and cons before buying. Also read up on processor types etc and don't fall for cheap prices on ebay as it might be fakes(yeap, fakes of china brands)

add: just added another sample that happened today

This post has been edited by Nightstalker1993: Sep 22 2013, 03:30 AM
rollover
post Sep 22 2013, 08:08 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Sep 21 2013, 12:08 PM)
Hi guys, plan to get a traffic recorder for all my cars. I've went through LYN's automotive garage but still not impressed with most of them. I'm looking for something with:

- Full HD videos, but good quality and better colours
- GPS showing speed
- look as stealthy as possible
- budget less than RM300 per unit.

Anyone can recommend me any unit or any shop i can visit to test it out. Thanks!
I personally use a Blackvue DR380HD. It's 720p only, however the video quality at night is excellent. It has even more features that I never thought about when buying a dashcam eg. parking mode, battery backup for recording when the engine is off etc.

Build quality is excellent, I've had it for 7 months without problems but the price is far too expensive in Malaysia for any dashcam as mentioned by someone already. I would like to get a cheap dashcam but from watching youtube the video quality at night is lower, plus from dashcamtalk forums etc. most of the cheap China made dashcams aren't very reliable (overheating etc.)

This is my own personal video at the KL-Putrajaya highway

This post has been edited by rollover: Sep 22 2013, 08:09 AM
TSwinkiedilwy
post Sep 22 2013, 03:58 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(budakdegilz @ Sep 21 2013, 05:07 PM)
been looking the same thing...
unfortunately this car DVR are consider new market in malaysia...
not many seller advertise their item online....
and many buyer i believed bought from china/taiwan/HK themself..
and pricing wise is much more cheaper than malaysia market because of their competitiveness and market demand

p/s:
btw..i found some seller with physical shop that i believe you can test out the product yourself
but currently they only sell one type of DVR
http://www.lelong.com.my/full-hd-1080p-car...7-01-Sale-I.htm
or you can search at aliexpress....but it still a RISK buying electronic product from oversea online seller
Unfortunately it is. Most people advertise online nowadays. But we would like to try it out first before purchase. There are lots of dashcam manufacturers out there, especially china and HK, but all they do is slap in a idunnowhat camera lens and that's it. Not really optimized for the proper usage.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Sep 22 2013, 04:02 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Sep 21 2013, 05:48 PM)
like sanadi recommend
i also recommend blackvue
blackvue also have cheaper models but NOT full HD...its 720p which for me is more than enough
or go papago..but also RM300 budget, impossible full HD
when its cheap and stated its "full HD"...they mean the size of the video is full HD, not the quality
I'm looking for something at least 720p, but has a good camera and video recording.
Some people recommend me to just get a second hand iPhone 4 and use it. doh.gif doh.gif

I saw BlackVue ones are good, but it's so expensive! And, no microphone?
TSwinkiedilwy
post Sep 22 2013, 04:07 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(sanadi @ Sep 21 2013, 07:23 PM)
Recommend anyone who wants to buy a dashcam view this video

And read this guide:
http://dashcamtalk.com/dash-cam-buying-guide/
Hmm... I know this guy. Some people said he sounds like James May.
I did watch his videos before, but he sounds like every single additional features on the dashcam is stupid. All you need is a camera lens and a screen. That's it.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Sep 22 2013, 04:09 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(hengng @ Sep 21 2013, 10:14 PM)
Well, frankly speaking with less than RM300, I don't think you can get what you have listed above.  So, I advice is, try to topup to RM700-RM800, then you may have somethings you want.

I am currently using DOD LS300w, which is truly Full HD 1080P.
Please select 1080P for clearer picture.
http://youtu.be/7aFbBeUgXAs
Yours is not bad actually, but no audio?
700-800 is too much la. 300-400 only.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Sep 22 2013, 04:15 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(maxovista @ Sep 21 2013, 10:42 PM)
hi, I am into these gadgets as well.......

Since you already set the budget around RM300, I guess you can only get a good camera recorder with reasonable quality on optical, but not with GPS ability. For a unit with GPS....the budget need to be up!  maybe twice as much...somewhere in Rm600 range!

user posted image
Mio Mivue 388

the image above shows MIO Mivue388......probably close to Rm600-700!** This unit has Full HD and GPS ability

But MIO also offers a lesser model ie Mio Mivue 338 and 358!

Basically, The Mio Mivue 338 has 720p resolution(around Rm300) and the Mio Mivue 358 Full HD!(Rm400)

Where to get it?  Ebay!

I currently using the Mivue338 and although it is just a 720p in resolution. I  compared to the WayWay V270 HD model found in local market(Rm229). The Mivue338 actually has better optical (wider angle) and better night time images!
The WayWay V270 HD although having full HD or 1080p resolution, the lens a bit distorted and night time recording is less detail and darker!

user posted image
Wayway V270

Other than image quality, we need also need to take note on file sizes.

at 720p the Mivu338e files averaging at 70MB (for 120seconds video), but WayWay V270 at similar resolution, the file is trice as big! Around 200MB ....

A small memory card such as the 8GB card is useless on wayway....due to its memory hungry nature!

In short, similar size SDCard can store less recorded videos on Wayway compared to the Mio Mivue devices!

Lastly, you need to look also on the the "buttons". Are they carefully layout? Are the buttons Easily to access and press in driving situation?

Plastic quality on MIO devices are great as well, suction cup and accessories(charger) are as good as Garmin product. The Wayway accessories on the other hand, are working fine but the quality is not as good as Mio!

Thats my personal review .... icon_rolleyes.gif

And below is the basic Mio Mivue338 look like:
user posted image
** since the Mio are sold at Ebay.....I couldnt give you a definite or reliable pricing! The prices keep on changing on day to day basis, please check them out regularly .....it may be lesser that what I said now!!!! thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

Mivue 338 sounds great. I've watched the videos on YT, but the night shot isn't good. Very dark. Since you're using it can you post night shots here? From this video it looks so dark:

Plus, sometimes I'll take it off and use it as action camera and stuff.
wordtalks
post Sep 22 2013, 04:20 PM

ɾıɥƃɟǝpɔqɐŕ�
718 posts

QUOTE(makaveli @ Sep 21 2013, 02:56 PM)

gopro where got less than RM300? doh.gif
cheapest I saw is RM800+, but normally more than 1k.. laugh.gif

for car camcorder, there is <RM300 most of the place got sell.
hengng
post Sep 22 2013, 06:32 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

I purposely switched off the audio recording....

If RM300-400, I bet you gonna buy another new one soon or later....
maxovista
post Sep 22 2013, 08:02 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Sep 22 2013, 04:15 PM)
thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif

Mivue 338 sounds great. I've watched the videos on YT, but the night shot isn't good. Very dark. Since you're using it can you post night shots here? From this video it looks so dark:

Plus, sometimes I'll take it off and use it as action camera and stuff.
No, I didnt keep samples of my night time driving videos! Wipe them off already....sorry doh.gif

Anyway, the YT sample that you post has similar quality or close enough on what I am having now.....wait until you see the China made devices night time recording! I tell you... very very dark! The video images are darker than the actual situation.

As for Mivue, I guess the device managed to capture as close as what you can see during night time driving!

(note: it was a good video sample, as it was dark and raining.....yet you can still recognize the white car passing at the junction)

MR_alien
post Sep 22 2013, 09:38 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
2,252 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Sep 22 2013, 04:02 PM)
I'm looking for something at least 720p, but has a good camera and video recording.
Some people recommend me to just get a second hand iPhone 4 and use it.  doh.gif  doh.gif

just use ip4 is an option
in youtube...i did follow a channel where he record everything that happens when its behind a wheel
but if not wrong, hes using ip4s
he starts record everytime hes in the car
maxovista
post Sep 22 2013, 09:41 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Sep 22 2013, 09:38 PM)
in youtube...i did follow a channel where he record everything that happens when its behind a wheel
what happen if the memory full......can the recording loop over by deleting the oldest file???
MR_alien
post Sep 22 2013, 09:48 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
2,252 posts

QUOTE(maxovista @ Sep 22 2013, 09:41 PM)
what happen if the memory full......can the recording loop over by deleting the oldest file???
thats a no
some cheapo DVR dn't have that loop function
tishaban
post Sep 22 2013, 10:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,301 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Sep 22 2013, 04:02 PM)
Some people recommend me to just get a second hand iPhone 4 and use it.  doh.gif  doh.gif

The BlackVue definitely has audio. I have one and using it for some time already. Caught one accident happening in front of me too.

I did some research on the iPhone first obviously because I have an iPhone but I'm not convinced that the lens is wide enough or the iPhone is sturdy enough to record during an accident.

Nightstalker1993
post Sep 23 2013, 03:41 AM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Sep 22 2013, 03:58 PM)
Unfortunately it is. Most people advertise online nowadays. But we would like to try it out first before purchase. There are lots of dashcam manufacturers out there, especially china and HK, but all they do is slap in a idunnowhat camera lens and that's it. Not really optimized for the proper usage.
depends on the model. Thats why we have forums like Dashcamtalk to discuss the quality of the product and also sample videos on Youtube is aplenty. Not all china dashcams are bad, you just have to pick wisely and also pray hard before getting it as QC does seem to be a problem but if everything's good, you may had just purchased the best thing for the money.

Heres a sample from my GS9000 night shot, taken on NKVE. It's not too bright but it still retains alot of detail and noise levels are in check unlike some other cameras which boosts the ISO until the video literally becomes blotches of colour.

http://i.imgur.com/xxLU5B7.jpg

another sample in the day.

http://i.imgur.com/b8ZnE4K.jpg

notice that the lens angle is soooooo wide that you can actually see the base of both a-pillars.

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Sep 22 2013, 09:48 PM)
thats a no
even the cheapest DVR have loop function lerr. Else it won't be called a DVR already
Nightstalker1993
post Sep 23 2013, 04:13 AM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

http://www.foxoffer.com/gt550w-full-hd-108...ml#.Uj9OT8Zmh8E

this model here does not have GPS, but look at the specs and sample vids, the video quality is AWESOME especially in the night! Only costs roughly RM350

Seems to be a rebranded DOD LS300W which means it's quite decent!

This post has been edited by Nightstalker1993: Sep 23 2013, 04:20 AM
TSwinkiedilwy
post Sep 23 2013, 09:49 AM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Sep 22 2013, 03:01 AM)
I'm using the GS9000. Bought it for RM330 on DealExtreme. Pretty damn bloody wide angle! Sample videos can get from Youtube.

heres my own sample.

I'd like to add also that the raw files looks TWICE as good as Youtube's compression at 1080p by the way.

Do acknowledge that by buying these cheap china dashcams, you're basically taking a gamble by the way. Google for GS9000 on dashcamtalk and you can read horror stories as well as success stories. My tips is do your research before buying any dashcam so you know the pros and cons before buying. Also read up on processor types etc and don't fall for cheap prices on ebay as it might be fakes(yeap, fakes of china brands)

Not too bad actually, and the audio quite good! It does have GPS and G-sensor??

That's why I've searched high and low on LYN's AG, about 90% of them are idunnowhat brands, costs roughly RM89-200. I saw this guy, he's selling 5 types of china idunnowhat brand DVR and after watching all the sample videos, all of them are crap. My friend bought one of those, around 150++. Just normal basic lens, full HD but it's quality isn't good.

Btw, a DB9's bumper will costs you >50 grand.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Sep 23 2013, 09:52 AM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(rollover @ Sep 22 2013, 08:08 AM)
I personally use a Blackvue DR380HD. It's 720p only, however the video quality at night is excellent. It has even more features that I never thought about when buying a dashcam eg. parking mode, battery backup for recording when the engine is off etc.

Build quality is excellent, I've had it for 7 months without problems but the price is far too expensive in Malaysia for any dashcam as mentioned by someone already. I would like to get a cheap dashcam but from watching youtube the video quality at night is lower, plus from dashcamtalk forums etc. most of the cheap China made dashcams aren't very reliable (overheating etc.)

This is my own personal video at the KL-Putrajaya highway

It's actually quite clear, and yep, 720p is enough. But it's expensive as fk!
TSwinkiedilwy
post Sep 23 2013, 09:53 AM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(wordtalks @ Sep 22 2013, 04:20 PM)
gopro where got less than RM300? doh.gif
cheapest I saw is RM800+, but normally more than 1k.. laugh.gif

for car camcorder, there is <RM300 most of the place got sell.
New Hero 3 around 800++, so i guess that's the original hero, or second/third hand item.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Sep 23 2013, 10:01 AM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(maxovista @ Sep 22 2013, 08:02 PM)
No, I didnt keep samples of my night time driving videos! Wipe them off already....sorry  doh.gif

Anyway, the YT sample that you post has similar quality or close enough on what I am having now.....wait until you see the China made devices night time recording! I tell you... very very dark! The video images are darker than the actual situation.

As for Mivue, I guess the device managed to capture as close as what you can see during night time driving!

(note: it was a good video sample, as it was dark and raining.....yet you can still recognize the white car passing at the junction)
From that video it's actually quite dark as well. You can't see a thing at first, and I thought his headlights were off. But all our cars have Xenons so I think that wouldn't be a problem.

But i'll try to avoid something like this: doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

TSwinkiedilwy
post Sep 23 2013, 10:14 AM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Sep 22 2013, 09:38 PM)
QUOTE(MR_alien @ Sep 22 2013, 09:48 PM)
thats a no
most cheapos will have the loop function, and that's it.
btw, it's not cheap to get an iphone 4, and I personally using an iPhone 5, so I can actually use my iPhone 5 to record, but problems are:

1) overheat easily, with screen on all the time and recording, and you need to keep the iphone plugged to the usb adaptor
2) if use normal camera app, no date and time will be shown
3) 3rd party "car dvr" app for iPhone costs a bomb and they only add date and time and probably speed, and they record at most 480p.
4) recording will stop when someone interrupts with a phone call

QUOTE(maxovista @ Sep 22 2013, 09:41 PM)
mostly can.

Kendall
post Sep 23 2013, 10:31 AM

Enthusiast
772 posts

You do realize your budget is rm300 right?
makaveli
post Sep 23 2013, 03:37 PM

Livin' la Vida Loca
1,471 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Sep 22 2013, 03:01 AM)

heres my own sample.

your DB9 been troll in FB recently . hahaha
Nightstalker1993
post Sep 23 2013, 04:38 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Sep 23 2013, 09:49 AM)
Not too bad actually, and the audio quite good! It does have GPS and G-sensor??

That's why I've searched high and low on LYN's AG, about 90% of them are idunnowhat brands, costs roughly RM89-200. I saw this guy, he's selling 5 types of china idunnowhat brand DVR and after watching all the sample videos, all of them are crap. My friend bought one of those, around 150++. Just normal basic lens, full HD but it's quality isn't good.

Btw, a DB9's bumper will costs you >50 grand.
That's why i ddin't bother searching locally when i was eyeing out for a dashcam. I guess the only decent one sold locally is the Papago which the cheapest model is RM400 and the only features it have is record, plus it does not have a battery, instead it have a 'supercapacitor' of some sort, enough juice only to save the video file when you kill the engine, no extended record.

I bought mine from Dealextreme by the way and this video came with my camera laugh.gif

Oh and btw, unlike some dashcams, the GS9000 have literally ZERO gap between files. playback via the software provided which automatically detects the recordings within the same session then compiles everything and you're able to playback all the segments as if it was one long video instead. Between each segment i do not see any gaps at all

at least i know they test their cameras out before sending it over. And my package actually arrived from Singapore sweat.gif

And yes it does have GPS and G-Sensor as can be seen from the speed imprint on the video and also the link i attached showing the screenshot of the app.

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Sep 23 2013, 09:53 AM)
New Hero 3 around 800++, so i guess that's the original hero, or second/third hand item.
Hero 3 got 3 models, white silver and black. the cheapest one priced at RM8xx is actually the Hero 1 HD repackaged while the 2nd in the series is actually the Hero 2 HD repackaged. The only one that's truly new is the Hero 3 Black edition, also the most expensive.

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Sep 23 2013, 10:01 AM)
From that video it's actually quite dark as well. You can't see a thing at first, and I thought his headlights were off. But all our cars have Xenons so I think that wouldn't be a problem.

But i'll try to avoid something like this:  doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif

That one is utter crap and it's flooding our malaysian market. Can be gotten for RM100 easily.

If you really don't mind the GPS, you can opt for the one i posted earlier, with F1.6 lens and WDR. The image quality is simply SUPERB! drool.gif

Seems like it's a new model as well, just released 2~3 months ago.

QUOTE(Kendall @ Sep 23 2013, 10:31 AM)
You do realize your budget is rm300 right?
nothing wrong with that. There are many decent cams in that budget range,

QUOTE(makaveli @ Sep 23 2013, 03:37 PM)
your DB9 been troll in FB recently . hahaha
What you mean?

This post has been edited by Nightstalker1993: Sep 23 2013, 04:48 PM
Quazacolt
post Sep 23 2013, 07:47 PM

Riding couple
3,136 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Sep 23 2013, 04:38 PM)
what other models you were considering/recommend besides the 2 you've mentioned?
Nightstalker1993
post Sep 24 2013, 03:09 AM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Sep 23 2013, 07:47 PM)
what other models you were considering/recommend besides the 2 you've mentioned?
the gt550w seems like the best bet if you don't need the GPS features. The GS9000 seems to be having more than usual amount of issues but most of it fixable by yoourself if you're a technical type of person. Might be opening up my unit soon. I noticed that after the unit had been placed under the sun for some time, the focus will change, resulting in blurred image, but once it had cooled down it returns to normal doh.gif

suspecting the holder holding the lens to the sensor might be loose lol.
Quazacolt
post Sep 24 2013, 04:24 AM

Riding couple
3,136 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Sep 24 2013, 03:09 AM)
the gt550w seems like the best bet if you don't need the GPS features. The GS9000 seems to be having more than usual amount of issues but most of it fixable by yoourself if you're a technical type of person. Might be opening up my unit soon. I noticed that after the unit had been placed under the sun for some time, the focus will change, resulting in blurred image, but once it had cooled down it returns to normal doh.gif

suspecting the holder holding the lens to the sensor might be loose lol.
i see, thanks for the info bro biggrin.gif
maxovista
post Sep 24 2013, 09:55 AM

Getting Started
263 posts

A sample of Mivue 338 at its best....

In Australia sold as NAVMAN.....the rest as MIO

Product origin - Taiwan

check it out

NAVMAN Mivue

-
-
user posted image
-
-
-
user posted image

This post has been edited by maxovista: Sep 24 2013, 10:10 AM
TSwinkiedilwy
post Sep 24 2013, 03:10 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

i tried using iPhone 5 yesterday... clip coming soon
user posted image
dynames07
post Sep 24 2013, 05:01 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

finevu also looks very good.. but around 1.4k..

http://www.finevu.net/specialpromotion.htm
wiraone
post Nov 7 2013, 07:08 AM

Who cares about all the stars?
3,739 posts

Anbody has tried the Papago P2Pro? Thinking of getting this thing and it has few more features which might be useful like lane depature warning etc. ipmart seems to be the cheapest source at the moment. Only thing that I'm not that keen is the danggling wire for the power source sad.gif
TSwinkiedilwy
post Nov 22 2013, 09:28 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

Hi guys. Sorry for bumping my old thread but I'm actually still interested in finding this thing. Something happened today and something else almost happened today so I think I really need one. Budget still less than RM300/unit. Tested out a few units and I must say that even the shitty brand ones are kinda impressive.
darren_yuri
post Dec 8 2013, 03:52 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Nov 22 2013, 09:28 PM)
Hi guys. Sorry for bumping my old thread but I'm actually still interested in finding this thing. Something happened today and something else almost happened today so I think I really need one. Budget still less than RM300/unit. Tested out a few units and I must say that even the shitty brand ones are kinda impressive.
Papago P0 also not bad.
PAPAGO! P0 HD Driving Recorder

Somemore this Malaysian site having 61% off for this device, only RM255 !

Go to Youtube and search for "Papago P0", you will see a lot of users posted their videos, go and compare the quality there.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Dec 19 2013, 09:42 AM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(darren_yuri @ Dec 8 2013, 03:52 PM)
Papago P0 also not bad.
PAPAGO! P0 HD Driving Recorder

Somemore this Malaysian site having 61% off for this device, only RM255 !

Go to Youtube and search for "Papago P0", you will see a lot of users posted their videos, go and compare the quality there.
I came across this one

it's about RM170. Title says it all. Don't know whether I should go on or not.
mADmAN
post Dec 19 2013, 03:20 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Dec 19 2013, 09:42 AM)
I came across this one

it's about RM170. Title says it all. Don't know whether I should go on or not.
where to get this bro? im quite interested
abundai
post Dec 19 2013, 03:33 PM

Enthusiast
986 posts

ebay has quite a number of diff budget models...
some even have 2 camera, front n back...
check it out... just search for "car dvr"
TSwinkiedilwy
post Dec 19 2013, 03:48 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Dec 19 2013, 03:20 PM)
where to get this bro? im quite interested
although it looks like it's a rip-off of the DOD LS430W, but this is probably the best rip-off.

http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Genuine-Full-HD...88fa4227&_uhb=1
mADmAN
post Dec 19 2013, 03:51 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Dec 19 2013, 03:48 PM)
although it looks like it's a rip-off of the DOD LS430W, but this is probably the best rip-off.

http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Genuine-Full-HD...88fa4227&_uhb=1
ooo...i thought can get locally... thought wanna buy 1 n test it out... if cun..buy 1 for the other car.

inclusive postage its about RM230 already.

but it does look pretty impressive....
TSwinkiedilwy
post Dec 19 2013, 04:04 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Dec 19 2013, 03:51 PM)
ooo...i thought can get locally... thought wanna buy 1 n test it out... if cun..buy 1 for the other car.

inclusive postage its about RM230 already.

but it does look pretty impressive....
yeah i'm trying to find it locally. too bad most of them sells those cheap ones, from RM69 also got.
that day I checked one out, no idea what brand, RM200 front + back. but quality not as good as this. this

I think this is a copy of this product:
user posted image
http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/NEW-DOD-LS430W-...ff10aaf2&_uhb=1

DOD LS430W. It has lots of great functions but look at the darn price.

This post has been edited by winkiedilwy: Dec 19 2013, 04:07 PM
TSwinkiedilwy
post Dec 19 2013, 04:05 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(abundai @ Dec 19 2013, 03:33 PM)
not only price, i emphasize on quality also. out there even got RM69 ones, but the quality is crap.
mADmAN
post Dec 19 2013, 04:11 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(abundai @ Dec 19 2013, 03:33 PM)
dood ur post is pretty much a waste of space... this isnt a thread asking where to buy...its asking for recommendations on which one to buy...

ebay everyone oso knows la... hell...mudah.my oso can get... even LYN garage sales oso got sell...

just googling alone will get u alot of answers.

doh.gif

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Dec 19 2013, 04:04 PM)
yeah i'm trying to find it locally. too bad most of them sells those cheap ones, from RM69 also got.
that day I checked one out, no idea what brand, RM200 front + back. but quality not as good as this. this

I think this is a copy of this product:

DOD LS430W. It has lots of great functions but look at the darn price.
epic price requires epic staying away... aggaga

but with the G1W, considering u can get something for approx RM300 INCLUDING a 32GB MicroSD card (purchased separately) with that kinda quality... i have to say its pretty bang for buck. but id still wanna find one locally....
abundai
post Dec 19 2013, 04:11 PM

Enthusiast
986 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Dec 19 2013, 04:05 PM)
not only price, i emphasize on quality also. out there even got RM69 ones, but the quality is crap.
how would u know those sold in ebay arent good enuf to take videos?
price starts from 200-800+... should be fine i guess.. most of them give samples videos if ur not convinced enuf..
mADmAN
post Dec 19 2013, 04:26 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Dec 19 2013, 04:04 PM)
thought u might be interested... i bumped onto this site... cheaper and free post it seems..

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shippi...1238878057.html?
TSwinkiedilwy
post Dec 19 2013, 04:35 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Dec 19 2013, 04:26 PM)
thought u might be interested... i bumped onto this site... cheaper and free post it seems..

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shippi...1238878057.html?
hmm... RM141 not bad... wanna try? biggrin.gif
mADmAN
post Dec 19 2013, 04:38 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Dec 19 2013, 04:35 PM)
hmm... RM141 not bad... wanna try?  biggrin.gif
dont mind if u can pay for it... i no card

heheheh
jepakazoid_82
post Dec 19 2013, 10:38 PM

Enthusiast
759 posts

So these traffic recorder you need to manually turn on the device and it does not do loop recording?
Boy96
post Dec 19 2013, 11:09 PM

That's a tripod.
2,868 posts

Bought a WayWay V270 during PC Fair for RM160, not bad ler, can function as a normal digital camera and also a webcam..

Video sample that I recorded in 720p mode (to save space), it is capable of 1080p also..

TSwinkiedilwy
post Dec 20 2013, 10:31 AM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(jepakazoid_82 @ Dec 19 2013, 10:38 PM)
So these traffic recorder you need to manually turn on the device and it does not do loop recording?
nope. all of them automatically starts recording when you start the car and it does have loop recording.
amad108
post Dec 20 2013, 06:41 PM

remember the name
871 posts

Try Garmin GDR35, its support FullHD and cost around rm290, it even have option for additional rear camera.. I already use it for work purpose, its quite good n all ur video can be watch with Garmin PC Tools software at computer..

It can even detect sudden impact where u can setting its sensitivity.. The video support is VGA, 720p n 1080p.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Dec 21 2013, 06:59 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(amad108 @ Dec 20 2013, 06:41 PM)
Try Garmin GDR35, its support FullHD and cost around rm290, it even have option for additional rear camera.. I already use it for work purpose, its quite good n all ur video can be watch with Garmin PC Tools software at computer..

It can even detect sudden impact where u can setting its sensitivity.. The video support is VGA, 720p n 1080p.
hmm... where you bought? from what I saw, i think it costs more than that. video looks superb tho. got GPS too?

EDIT: Checked mudah.my. Even GDR30 already RM500. GDR35 is RM700++.

This post has been edited by winkiedilwy: Dec 21 2013, 07:01 PM
amad108
post Dec 21 2013, 10:42 PM

remember the name
871 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Dec 21 2013, 06:59 PM)
hmm... where you bought? from what I saw, i think it costs more than that. video looks superb tho. got GPS too?

EDIT: Checked mudah.my. Even GDR30 already RM500. GDR35 is RM700++.
hermm.. i can give contact no if u want.. just pm me bro.. its not me who buy it, person from my company buy its..
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 6 2014, 01:26 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

Okay, a week or two ago at a shop in Akihabara, Tokyo, my parents saw this and insisted on getting one.

user posted image

It's around RM180, which is RM40 more expensive if bought here (saw one LYN member selling). Oh well.

SAMPLE VIDEO:

Full unboxing video (and probably review) coming after this.
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 6 2014, 01:32 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

http://www.foxoffer.com/shadow-gt680w-full...ml#.Uso_0fQW18E

Currently the most bang for buck camera so far.

Just ordered one, waiting for arrival. Hehe.
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 6 2014, 01:38 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Dec 19 2013, 04:11 PM)
dood ur post is pretty much a waste of space... this isnt a thread asking where to buy...its asking for recommendations on which one to buy...

ebay everyone oso knows la... hell...mudah.my oso can get... even LYN garage sales oso got sell...

just googling alone will get u alot of answers.

doh.gif
epic price requires epic staying away... aggaga

but with the G1W, considering u can get something for approx RM300 INCLUDING a 32GB MicroSD card (purchased separately)  with that kinda quality... i have to say its pretty bang for buck. but id still wanna find one locally....
Now got new model already, GW1H.

http://www.foxoffer.com/g1wh-car-dvr-full-...ml#.UspApfQW18E

New cheap NTK96650+AR0330 Car Camera arrived-G1WH
Posted on December 30, 2013 by FoxOffer — No Comments ↓
The car cameras based on NTK96650 chip and AR0330 sensor are very hot sale this year, the popular car camera is like G1W, LS300W, GT300W. Now we start to sell a new camera called G1WH which looks like LS300W.

g1wh car dvr_LRG

The difference between G1W and G1WH:

1. Looks different

2. G1WH view angle is 140 degree VS G1W 120 degree

3. G1WH video quality is a little better(personal opinion)

4. Mainboard is different, but is hard to tell which one is better.

http://www.foxoffer.com/blog/2013/12/30/ne...a-arrived-g1wh/

And also the first China DVR running on supercapacitor, just like Papago's DVR.

http://www.foxoffer.com/g1w-full-hd-1080p-...ml#.UspAqvQW18E

You guys should get your cameras from Foxoffer, Dealextreme or reputable eBay sellers, heard a few horor stories from Ali. Foxoffer and DX will be your best bet and their prices are pretty cheap, shipping's free and also the DVR's ship from Singapore!
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 6 2014, 01:59 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 01:32 PM)
http://www.foxoffer.com/shadow-gt680w-full...ml#.Uso_0fQW18E

Currently the most bang for buck camera so far.

Just ordered one, waiting for arrival. Hehe.
Okay then. Don't forget to post reviews ya... icon_idea.gif
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 6 2014, 02:15 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Jan 6 2014, 01:59 PM)
Okay then. Don't forget to post reviews ya...  icon_idea.gif
The GT680w should have PLENTY of reviews in the net. Here's one from a reputable forumer

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/compl...c-seezeus.3291/

I personally owning the GS9000 dashcam. Too bad I bought it before the floods of Novatek NTK96650 came about.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 6 2014, 02:21 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 02:15 PM)
The GT680w should have PLENTY of reviews in the net. Here's one from a reputable forumer

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/compl...c-seezeus.3291/

I personally owning the GS9000 dashcam. Too bad I bought it before the floods of Novatek NTK96650 came about.
I was thinking of getting the G1W but haven't saw any shops selling it yet.

Mine has a crappy microphone. So I need to test another one.

This post has been edited by winkiedilwy: Jan 6 2014, 02:23 PM
mADmAN
post Jan 6 2014, 02:30 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 01:38 PM)
Now got new model already, GW1H.

http://www.foxoffer.com/g1wh-car-dvr-full-...ml#.UspApfQW18E
http://www.foxoffer.com/blog/2013/12/30/ne...a-arrived-g1wh/

And also the first China DVR running on supercapacitor, just like Papago's DVR.

http://www.foxoffer.com/g1w-full-hd-1080p-...ml#.UspAqvQW18E

You guys should get your cameras from Foxoffer, Dealextreme or reputable eBay sellers, heard a few horor stories from Ali. Foxoffer and DX will be your best bet and their prices are pretty cheap, shipping's free and also the DVR's ship from Singapore!
interesting... any reviews? dont have time to google for GW1H reviews yet

and any idea how long it takes for shipping? would be awesome if its only 1 week... kinda need it before the 8/2

This post has been edited by mADmAN: Jan 6 2014, 02:31 PM
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 6 2014, 02:45 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Jan 6 2014, 02:21 PM)
I was thinking of getting the G1W but haven't saw any shops selling it yet.

Mine has a crappy microphone. So I need to test another one.
Just get it online. All you can get locally here are cheapass dashcams. Actually I'm thinking of bringing in some good quality dashcams to be sold here seeing that all dashcams over here are all crap quality. Only thing worried is whether will people buy these dashcams considering the cheaper ones are priced around RM100-150 sweat.gif

My GS9000 have very, very good audio quality, not too sure about the GT680 or G1WH though but I read the Novatek's have a tendency to produce a constant frequency hiss but they say it's not really a deal-breaker, just a minor annoyance during video playback

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 6 2014, 02:30 PM)
interesting... any reviews? dont have time to google for GW1H reviews yet

and any idea how long it takes for shipping? would be awesome if its only 1 week... kinda need it before the 8/2
Well, if you've seen the G1W sample videos, the G1WH just adds wider angle and slightly better video quality.

I remember my item from DX took 2 weeks to arrive from Singapore. We'll see how long the GT680 i ordered from Foxoffer will take to arrive but they provided me a tracking number to Singpost.

This post has been edited by Nightstalker1993: Jan 6 2014, 02:50 PM
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 6 2014, 02:47 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

Repost of a sample video from my GS9000

The RAW video quality looks alot better though, youtube compression for dashcam files sucks big time.

The dude shouting is seated at the back seats by the way.

and according to the video I went from 90+kmh to 38kmh in a pretty short distance laugh.gif

the GPS speed data lags very slightly though as you can see from the video.

The GT680w i bought from Foxoffer, comes with the additional GPS module, paid extra for that of course. Haha

This post has been edited by Nightstalker1993: Jan 6 2014, 02:49 PM
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 6 2014, 02:51 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 02:45 PM)
Just get it online. All you can get locally here are cheapass dashcams. Actually I'm thinking of bringing in some good quality dashcams to be sold here seeing that all dashcams over here are all crap quality. Only thing worried is whether will people buy these dashcams considering the cheaper ones are priced around RM100-150 sweat.gif

My GS9000 have very, very good audio quality, not too sure about the GT680 or G1WH though but I read the Novatek's have a tendency to produce a constant frequency hiss but they say it's not really a deal-breaker, just a minor annoyance during video playback
Well, if you've seen the G1W sample videos, the G1WH just adds wider angle and slightly better video quality.

I remember my item from DX took 2 weeks to arrive from Singapore. We'll see how long the GT680 i ordered from Foxoffer will take to arrive.
G1W will be the best value for money dashcam. I saw someone selling G1W on ebay for just RM124. You can say it's "award-winning" laugh.gif

If you dare to take the risk, bring in stuff like Blackvue, MINI DVR 0801, Vico WF-1, etc.

This post has been edited by winkiedilwy: Jan 6 2014, 02:54 PM
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 6 2014, 02:55 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Jan 6 2014, 02:51 PM)
G1W will be the best value for money dashcam. I saw someone selling G1W on ebay for just RM124. You can say it's "award-winning"  laugh.gif

If you dare to take the risk, bring in stuff like Blackvue, MINI DVR 0801, Vico WF-1, etc.
And now we have the G1WH. Hehe.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Beware of buying from eBay though as there are many fakes, unless you're 100% sure it's the original one.
mADmAN
post Jan 6 2014, 03:08 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 02:55 PM)
And now we have the G1WH. Hehe.

Beware of buying from eBay though as there are many fakes, unless you're 100% sure it's the original one.
fuggit... just ordered G1WH from foxoffer and included the 32gb card one shot so i no need susah2 go find the stuff since the card only converts to RM75.... total came up to RM282.37 for camera + 32gb card....luckily can pay using paypal heh.

hopefully it arrives soon... wanna test it out before bringing it to SIC for track day on the 8th of Feb

and i hope its flexible enough so i can mount it on the rear passenger side window to get this kinda angle

just so that i can see how sucky or menggelabah i am in the car... heheheheheh

anyway.... now id like to ask for recommendations on a dual camera (front and rear) DVR... getting an MPV soon which my wife n son will be in most of the time, so i wanna make sure all is good.... something around the RM300 range inclusive of memory card would be awesome....any ideas? something that maybe has a screen up front so that can use as a reverse camera oso

This post has been edited by mADmAN: Jan 6 2014, 03:08 PM
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 6 2014, 03:18 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 6 2014, 03:08 PM)
fuggit... just ordered G1WH from foxoffer and included the 32gb card one shot so i no need susah2 go find the stuff since the card only converts to RM75.... total came up to RM282.37 for camera + 32gb card....luckily can pay using paypal heh.

hopefully it arrives soon... wanna test it out before bringing it to SIC for track day on the 8th of Feb

and i hope its flexible enough so i can mount it on the rear passenger side window to get this kinda angle

just so that i can see how sucky or menggelabah i am in the car... heheheheheh
anyway.... now id like to ask for recommendations on a dual camera (front and rear) DVR... getting an MPV soon which my wife n son will be in most of the time, so i wanna make sure all is good.... something around the RM300 range inclusive of memory card would be awesome....any ideas? something that maybe has a screen up front so that can use as a reverse camera oso
LOL you finally decided to buy. I chose the GT680W because of the GPS. laugh.gif

I'd recommend you get another card to load on during the actual track run though. At least you don't risk your files getting overwritten on your way home or when you forget to unload the videos laugh.gif

But then again, 32gb should be good for around 8 hours of videos...

And currently in the market there aren't much decent dual channel DVR's though. The good ones are all bloody expensive made in Korea stuff with touchscreen and all. Price can rival the GoPro Hero 3 Black edition sweat.gif

I'd just go with sticking another G1W to the rear laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Nightstalker1993: Jan 6 2014, 03:19 PM
mADmAN
post Jan 6 2014, 03:20 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 03:18 PM)
LOL you finally decided to buy. I chose the GT680W because of the GPS. laugh.gif

I'd recommend you get another card to load on during the actual track run though. At least you don't risk your files getting overwritten on your way home or when you forget to unload the videos laugh.gif

But then again, 32gb should be good for around 8 hours of videos...

And currently in the market there aren't much decent dual channel DVR's though. The good ones are all bloody expensive made in Korea stuff with touchscreen and all. Price can rival the GoPro Hero 3 Black edition sweat.gif

I'd just go with sticking another G1W to the rear laugh.gif
hahahahahaha...yeha.... been wanting one of these since my last track day 2.5 years ago... might as well just bite the bullet since bonus just came out hahahhahahaha

actually im planning on unplugging it as soon as track day is over just to make sure heheheh

that is of course, provided the camera arrives BEFORE 8th of feb la.. otherwise itll be an epic facepalm moment doh.gif
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 6 2014, 03:24 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 6 2014, 03:20 PM)
hahahahahaha...yeha.... been wanting one of these since my last track day 2.5 years ago... might as well just bite the bullet since bonus just came out hahahhahahaha

actually im planning on unplugging it as soon as track day is over just to make sure heheheh

that is of course, provided the camera arrives BEFORE 8th of feb la.. otherwise itll be an epic facepalm moment doh.gif
Just leave it plugged in la. Mana tau will manage to record some dude crashing on the way back from SIC lol.

High chance it would arrive before feb. Most of the time it will arrive within 2 weeks though my longest wait was 4 weeks, but that was from eBay chipment from China.

Else you could borrow someone's Gopro. I'm sure you have friends who owns one rolleyes.gif

TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 6 2014, 03:30 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

Quick review of my dashcam:

Already destroyed 1 microSD card when using the built-in format function. Just now went out for lunch, it kept saying Memory error and I had to remove the SD card and plug it into my PC to make sure it's okay. It turns out to be almost full and I had to manually format it.

So Nightstalker1993, might be considering your G1WH. Anyway G1W is already a fake copycat of LS300W.
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 6 2014, 03:42 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Jan 6 2014, 03:30 PM)

Already destroyed 1 microSD card when using the built-in format function. Just now went out for lunch, it kept saying Memory error and I had to remove the SD card and plug it into my PC to make sure it's okay. It turns out to be almost full and I had to manually format it.

So Nightstalker1993, might be considering your G1WH. Anyway G1W is already a fake copycat of LS300W.
Well, alot of these company share the same body, they just change the internals and sell it as a new product under a new product name.

I might get one G1WH for my rear though. Will definitely beat any dual channel DVR's in terms of price and quality laugh.gif
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 6 2014, 03:48 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 03:42 PM)
Well, alot of these company share the same body, they just change the internals and sell it as a new product under a new product name.

I might get one G1WH for my rear though. Will definitely beat any dual channel DVR's in terms of price and quality laugh.gif
LEL.
Not really.
ls300w is by DOD. G1W is by some small chinese companies that does most cheap car DVRs.

LS300W is completely different from G1W.

Anyway problem fixed. Had to manually format the memory card. A 16GB memory card can hold only 2 hours of 1080p videos! WTF.
mADmAN
post Jan 6 2014, 03:53 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 03:24 PM)
Just leave it plugged in la. Mana tau will manage to record some dude crashing on the way back from SIC lol.

High chance it would arrive before feb. Most of the time it will arrive within 2 weeks though my longest wait was 4 weeks, but that was from eBay chipment from China.

Else you could borrow someone's Gopro. I'm sure you have friends who owns one rolleyes.gif
good point ahahahhaa

go pro... dun wan la.. dun like borrowing stuff... worse comes to worse, can always use my mobile phone to record...

now just wondering if racechrono can work in the background while recording or not.. if can then cun thumbup.gif

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Jan 6 2014, 03:30 PM)

wat dashcam is this?
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 6 2014, 03:58 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Jan 6 2014, 03:48 PM)
LEL.
Not really.
ls300w is by DOD. G1W is by some small chinese companies that does most cheap car DVRs.

LS300W is completely different from G1W.

Anyway problem fixed. Had to manually format the memory card. A 16GB memory card can hold only 2 hours of 1080p videos! WTF.
Chances are they came out from the same factory. I'm pretty confident that those unbranded dashcams are released by the OEM for companies like DOD.

Here's a DOD LS300W

http://www.foxoffer.com/dod-ls300w-super-h...ml#.UsphT_QW18E

Here's an unbranded GT300w

http://www.foxoffer.com/gt300w-full-hd-108...ml#.UsphRPQW18E

See any difference other than the price? Both the specs and casings are exactly the same. And DOD cameras are all from Taiwan/China.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 6 2014, 05:01 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 03:58 PM)
Chances are they came out from the same factory. I'm pretty confident that those unbranded dashcams are released by the OEM for companies like DOD.

Here's a DOD LS300W

http://www.foxoffer.com/dod-ls300w-super-h...ml#.UsphT_QW18E

Here's an unbranded GT300w

http://www.foxoffer.com/gt300w-full-hd-108...ml#.UsphRPQW18E

See any difference other than the price? Both the specs and casings are exactly the same. And DOD cameras are all from Taiwan/China.
Oh well, maybe you're right. Maybe not.

Compare a real iPhone 5S and copycat iPhone 5S from China. They claimed the specs are the same. Some even claimed they have better specs than iPhone 5S. Lies, lies everywhere.

Nightstalker1993
post Jan 6 2014, 09:26 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Jan 6 2014, 05:01 PM)
Oh well, maybe you're right. Maybe not.

Compare a real iPhone 5S and copycat iPhone 5S from China. They claimed the specs are the same. Some even claimed they have better specs than iPhone 5S. Lies, lies everywhere.

Well that's kinda obvious. Apple iOs is something branded and can't be copied(at least legally) as Apple develops their own software and hardware while brands like DOD just finds the companies that makes these cameras and ask them to print their brand name on and sell it as their own. This is a very common practise where one factory can produce the same or similar products and be rebranded under different names. I'm sure you've heard brand like Sonic Gear who makes speakers, they actualyl source their products from an OEM company in China which is why you see other speaker brands who sells speakers with similar or the same design with the same quality and components as they are from the same factory afterall.

Brands like Papago or some Korean brands like Urive who actually develops their own software and hardware on the other hand, does not have an unbranded version of their product.

This post has been edited by Nightstalker1993: Jan 6 2014, 09:27 PM
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 7 2014, 02:34 AM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

user posted image

yay! Soon, it's gonna board a plane! laugh.gif
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 8 2014, 09:48 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

Item just arrived. Bloody fast sweat.gif

anyway, here's the GT680w startup and shutdown greeting laugh.gif

mADmAN
post Jan 8 2014, 10:15 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 8 2014, 09:48 PM)
Item just arrived. Bloody fast sweat.gif
how fast is bloody fast? how many days?

mine ive been checking is still in "processing"

sedih man...
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 8 2014, 10:17 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 8 2014, 10:15 PM)
how fast is bloody fast? how many days?

mine ive been checking is still in "processing"

sedih man...
ordered on 30th, sent on 2nd Jan, arrived today, 8th Jan. Pretty fast I'd say
InF.anime
post Jan 9 2014, 02:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,695 posts

So which webcam would you guys recommend for RM300 bucks budget?
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 9 2014, 02:59 AM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

GT680w, without the GPS logger unit.
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 9 2014, 03:24 AM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

The GT680W is really an awesome performer in low light. Here's some comparison shots with my GS9000. The GS9000 looks like shit next to the GT680w shots. Notice in the last photo the GT680w managed to capture the Satria's plate number while the GS9000 failed miserably

right click -> view in new tab to view in full 1080x1920 full size

This post has been edited by Nightstalker1993: Jan 9 2014, 03:25 AM
Quazacolt
post Jan 9 2014, 03:42 AM

Riding couple
3,136 posts

o ya forgot to share lol

Nightstalker1993
post Jan 9 2014, 04:16 AM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

Still kalah to the GT680w tongue.gif

Quazacolt
post Jan 9 2014, 04:35 AM

Riding couple
3,136 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 9 2014, 04:16 AM)
Still kalah to the GT680w tongue.gif
you do realize on the over exaggerated bloom/lens flares right? i can increase the brightness and it can do EXACTLY (if not better, lol) what your vid do wink.gif
notice the fluid motion of frames and picture quality too... lol

one thing for sure will kalah to you: pricing sad.gif

This post has been edited by Quazacolt: Jan 9 2014, 04:39 AM
mADmAN
post Jan 9 2014, 12:36 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Jan 9 2014, 03:42 AM)
o ya forgot to share lol

i find that rattling sound super annoying..... anyway to get rid of it? if its just the mounts then should be easy.. but if its the camera's internals... abit the susah.

got the tracking number already for my G1WH... i guess mebbe another week it should arrive.
Quazacolt
post Jan 9 2014, 06:02 PM

Riding couple
3,136 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 9 2014, 12:36 PM)
i find that rattling sound super annoying..... anyway to get rid of it? if its just the mounts then should be easy.. but if its the camera's internals... abit the susah.
got the tracking number already for my G1WH... i guess mebbe another week it should arrive.
it's the car i reckon, 14 year old car... well lol.

camera mount/internals should be fine, from other people's reviews/videos.
mADmAN
post Jan 9 2014, 06:10 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Jan 9 2014, 06:02 PM)
it's the car i reckon, 14 year old car... well lol.

camera mount/internals should be fine, from other people's reviews/videos.
id still look into it... even my car handphone holder has rattling sounds when i record video and i ended up using padding a few places.... and that rattling sound in ur video sounds exactly like the rattling plastics of the mounts that i had.
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 9 2014, 07:17 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Jan 9 2014, 04:35 AM)
you do realize on the over exaggerated bloom/lens flares right? i can increase the brightness and it can do EXACTLY (if not better, lol) what your vid do wink.gif
notice the fluid motion of frames and picture quality too... lol

one thing for sure will kalah to you: pricing sad.gif
Lol the lens flares are most likely due to the super old windscreen than the lens.

About the brightness, it's not digitally enhanced in-camera else we'd be seeing tons of noise, but the camera itself have pretty amazing low-light capabilities with it's F1.6 lens and the sensor+processor combination.

Only complain about the GT680W is that the mic seems to be pretty shitty.

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 9 2014, 12:36 PM)
Should be gua if pattern same as mine. Mine sent 2nd jan, arrived 8 jan laugh.gif

Too bad it isn't really mine, bought it for a friend and just handed it to him yesterday, so no more sample shots from me sad.gif

Now I want one so badly though
Quazacolt
post Jan 9 2014, 11:43 PM

Riding couple
3,136 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 9 2014, 06:10 PM)
id still look into it... even my car handphone holder has rattling sounds when i record video and i ended up using padding a few places.... and that rattling sound in ur video sounds exactly like the rattling plastics of the mounts that i had.
- it's 14 year old iswara that is speeding over 100km/h (last vid is having around 176 km/h based on gps
- the mount is a simple 'click' secure mount, no mechanism/place for you to put paddings
- instead of windscreen suction, the mount is HARD GLUED to the windscreen using 3M tape (it's going to ruin the glued part when i remove and transfer it to my new car later sad.gif )
- the DVR mic is known to be, well subpar considering the insane premium price i paid for it. and yes, wind noise (you know how old car feel/sounds at higher speed right? tongue.gif

=edit=
i'll update if the issue still persist on the new car XD

This post has been edited by Quazacolt: Jan 9 2014, 11:49 PM
Quazacolt
post Jan 9 2014, 11:46 PM

Riding couple
3,136 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 9 2014, 07:17 PM)
Only complain about the GT680W is that the mic seems to be pretty shitty.
i'd say the mic is pretty decent, quite on par with mine anyways... and especially if you compared the pricing between the 2 lol
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 10 2014, 05:30 AM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Jan 9 2014, 11:43 PM)
- it's 14 year old iswara that is speeding over 100km/h (last vid is having around 176 km/h based on gps
- the mount is a simple 'click' secure mount, no mechanism/place for you to put paddings
- instead of windscreen suction, the mount is HARD GLUED to the windscreen using 3M tape (it's going to ruin the glued part when i remove and transfer it to my new car later sad.gif )
- the DVR mic is known to be, well subpar considering the insane premium price i paid for it. and yes, wind noise (you know how old car feel/sounds at higher speed right? tongue.gif

=edit=
i'll update if the issue still persist on the new car XD
QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Jan 9 2014, 11:46 PM)
i'd say the mic is pretty decent, quite on par with mine anyways... and especially if you compared the pricing between the 2 lol
Damn, my GS9000 mic like a condensor mic man compared to the GT680W and your DR500GW sweat.gif

in the 2nd video you can hear me and my friend engaging in a conversation and also trying to tune the car sweat.gif laugh.gif
edison1437
post Jan 10 2014, 10:28 AM

Enthusiast
793 posts

anyone been using garmin's GDR??
Quazacolt
post Jan 10 2014, 11:12 AM

Riding couple
3,136 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 10 2014, 05:30 AM)
Damn, my GS9000 mic like a condensor mic man compared to the GT680W and your DR500GW sweat.gif

in the 2nd video you can hear me and my friend engaging in a conversation and also trying to tune the car sweat.gif laugh.gif
yea much better lol
mADmAN
post Jan 10 2014, 12:36 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

oh btw...has anyone tried using these dvrs powered by in car handphone chargers? can work ah?

ive got a dual socket charger... one socket pushes 1A n the other is 2.1A... can it work? coz ill need to power the camera as well as my phone at the same time
spacelion
post Jan 10 2014, 01:01 PM

Eiza Gonzalez
1,470 posts

How come u guys dont use the type that clip onto the rear mirror?

This is what I'm using
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2481996/all

1080p , also makes your car mirror widescreen so u can see 2-3 lanes at once (but takes a little getting used to)
arshad
post Jan 10 2014, 07:18 PM

Syukur
1,337 posts

Any car DVr that you guys can recommend for budget 500-1k?
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 11 2014, 03:57 AM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 10 2014, 12:36 PM)
oh btw...has anyone tried using these dvrs powered by in car handphone chargers? can work ah?

ive got a dual socket charger... one socket pushes 1A n the other is 2.1A... can it work? coz ill need to power the camera as well as my phone at the same time
Or either get the 12v socket extension from Brothers or Carrefour or something. Baru RM5-15 for one cucuk 1 keluar 3. I'm using that as well laugh.gif

QUOTE(spacelion @ Jan 10 2014, 01:01 PM)
How come u guys dont use the type that clip onto the rear mirror?

This is what I'm using
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2481996/all

1080p , also makes your car mirror widescreen so u can see 2-3 lanes at once (but takes a little getting used to)
Because most probably the quality is crap

QUOTE(arshad @ Jan 10 2014, 07:18 PM)
Hoho... You've got so much to choose from.... Can buy 2, one put in front one put behind samore LOL
arshad
post Jan 11 2014, 09:58 AM

Syukur
1,337 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 11 2014, 03:57 AM)
Or either get the 12v socket extension from Brothers or Carrefour or something. Baru RM5-15 for one cucuk 1 keluar 3. I'm using that as well laugh.gif
Hoho... You've got so much to choose from.... Can buy 2, one put in front one put behind samore LOL
Lol. Don't want 2 la. If good one below 500 also I ok liao smile.gif Any to recommend? laugh.gif laugh.gif
spacelion
post Jan 11 2014, 11:42 AM

Eiza Gonzalez
1,470 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 11 2014, 03:57 AM)
i dont understand, is it that important to have crystal clear quality, as long as you can see the car plate is enough right? unless you are racer and take video of your driving skills, then i understand lah, like those gamer with fraps.

Like when i look at your night video above , even in 1080p i can't see the license plate of the cars that are passing you by. If accident happen like the car cut in and all that you wont be able to capture the plate.

This post has been edited by spacelion: Jan 11 2014, 11:45 AM
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 11 2014, 11:59 AM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(arshad @ Jan 11 2014, 09:58 AM)
Lol. Don't want 2 la. If good one below 500 also I ok liao smile.gif Any to recommend?  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
Just get the GT680W then with GPS module

QUOTE(spacelion @ Jan 11 2014, 11:42 AM)
i dont understand, is it that important to have crystal clear quality, as long as you can see the car plate is enough right? unless you are racer and take video of your driving skills, then i understand lah, like those gamer with fraps.

Like when i look at your night video above , even in 1080p i can't see the license plate of the cars that are passing you by. If accident happen like the car cut in and all that you wont be able to capture the plate.
Yeah, if you say the video I post is considered bad quality, then the ones from the rearview mirror combo type is even worse as the one i posted, is considered one of the better quality dashcams you can get in the market.

on the contrary, if all you want is to record drives, then you don't exactly such high quality anyway.

And I wouldn't want to replace my high quality original rearview mirror with a cheapo one anyway. Original mirrors have anti-glare which i doubt any of these cheap rearview mirror dashcam got.

And whether the camera captures the number plate or not depends on alot of factors, at night it would obviously be harder, just like how you'd try to take a photo at night of a moving car without flash.
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 11 2014, 12:07 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

And just did some research, looks like recently there have been decent models for rear view dashcams popping out

http://www.foxoffer.com/k100-full-hd-car-r...mera-p-654.html

this one seems to be the most decent rearview dashcam, but....

I just got this unit last week from FoxOffer. Ordered on the 12/12/13 and received it on 1/3/14 in Los Angeles. I was hoping for better video quality because of the sensor and chipset but I'm just overly disappointed. The video from this unit is very noisy when you compare it to GT300W, which I also have. GT300W is amazing at night but K100 is just very bad at night. Night video is very noisy and just not sharp. I would consider night video to be useless at this point because you can't see the license plate number clearly unless you're a foot away from the car in front of you.

I'm not sure if it's better but K100 file uses AVC 4.1 profile at 15Mbps. GT300W uses 4.0 profile at 15Mbps. It doesn't seem to have WDR/HDR and the EV adjustment just adds more noise to the footage. Picture on FoxOffer site does show HDR in the menu but it doesn't show up on my unit. K100 is rated at 1Lux min illumination so I know I wasn't getting better image at night when compare to GT300W's 0.3Lux min. But GT300w appears to me to be at least 4X brighter and sharper. The video from K100 just looks like 720P extrapolated to 1080P. It's just not sharp.

The microSD is on top and the slot is very recessed. You pretty much have to take the thing off your mirror to remove the memory card. You'll need a long fingernail for a male to press the memory card that it would eject. You can't really adjust the lens angle much unless you move the mirror to the point where you can't really see behind you. If I aim the lens to get a good front view then I can't see the middle and left side of anything behind me. It's just a very poor design. With so much space on the unit, they should have used standard SD card instead of microSD. That would at least help fix one issue.

The battery on it is either defective or not meant to be used more than 1min. I let it charge overnight and was only able to get max 1min of usage before it turns off. This really doesn't matter much if it's easier to remove the memory card to copy the videos. But because the card is so hard to take out without removing the whole mirror, I have to cut power to the unit and use the USB port to copy the video off it. The USB port should have been moved a bit lower. At the current location The USB is at the top so the USB cable will hit the headliner of your car unless your stock mirror is mounted pretty low. This makes it difficult to unplug the unit to copy the video files off because you have to tilt the whole mirror forward to unplug the cable.

Had I not have the GT300W, I would think that it's borderline acceptable but because I have been using GT300W for over 6 months, K100 is just a big disappointment to me. I was really looking forward to have something more discrete but I will have to keep using GT300W for now until something better comes along.

I will try to upload the video comparing the K100 to GT300W later on.

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/k100-...ens.3340/page-2

This post has been edited by Nightstalker1993: Jan 11 2014, 12:12 PM
arshad
post Jan 11 2014, 03:51 PM

Syukur
1,337 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 11 2014, 11:59 AM)
Just get the GT680W then with GPS module
Yeah, if you say the video I post is considered bad quality, then the ones from the rearview mirror combo type is even worse as the one i posted, is considered one of the better quality dashcams you can get in the market.

on the contrary, if all you want is to record drives, then you don't exactly such high quality anyway.

And I wouldn't want to replace my high quality original rearview mirror with a cheapo one anyway. Original mirrors have anti-glare which i doubt any of these cheap rearview mirror dashcam got.

And whether the camera captures the number plate or not depends on alot of factors, at night it would obviously be harder, just like how you'd try to take a photo at night of a moving car without flash.
Where to buy? biggrin.gif
Quazacolt
post Jan 12 2014, 01:08 AM

Riding couple
3,136 posts

QUOTE(arshad @ Jan 10 2014, 07:18 PM)
mine exceeded your budget lol
Quazacolt
post Jan 12 2014, 01:09 AM

Riding couple
3,136 posts

QUOTE(spacelion @ Jan 11 2014, 11:42 AM)

now there's a bit of contradiction already
spacelion
post Jan 12 2014, 11:08 AM

Eiza Gonzalez
1,470 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Jan 12 2014, 01:09 AM)
now there's a bit of contradiction already
if you had bolded the 2nd part of the first sentence you wouldn't have to nitpick like that la. Im just asking why you need to have clear quality when the most important thing is the license plate. No?
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 12 2014, 02:34 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(spacelion @ Jan 12 2014, 11:08 AM)
if you had bolded the 2nd part of the first sentence you wouldn't have to nitpick like that la. Im just asking why you need to have clear quality when the most important thing is the license plate. No?
Uhhh.... you have to have clear image quality in order to see license plate doh.gif
Quazacolt
post Jan 12 2014, 06:23 PM

Riding couple
3,136 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 12 2014, 02:34 PM)
Uhhh.... you have to have clear image quality in order to see license plate doh.gif
thumbup.gif
mADmAN
post Jan 14 2014, 12:38 AM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

Attached Image

rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif

hopefully it arrives thia week though I have my doubts especially with the 2 public holidays...

as long as it arrives before the 30th, im good...coz theres a track day on the 30th that I might be joining...decided not to join the one on the 8th bcoz based on feedbacks, ignition.my organized trackdays are like "who let the dogs out"...especially since they dont really limit the number of cars...

no one has experience powering up the dvr with the handphone in car charger before? would like to avoid buying the splitter thing as it adds clutter to the car n I dont really have a good place to mount it.

as for the quality thing, I bought it mainly to record my drives...n yes I need good quality as I wanna see everything clearly....its like watching a movie at home...takkan wanna watch cinema quality? like that means better watch movies on small 14" crt tvs instead of big flat panel tvs
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 14 2014, 05:59 AM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 14 2014, 12:38 AM)
Attached Image

rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif

hopefully it arrives thia week though I have my doubts especially with the 2 public holidays...

as long as it arrives before the 30th, im good...coz theres a track day on the 30th that I might be joining...decided not to join the one on the 8th bcoz based on feedbacks, ignition.my organized trackdays are like "who let the dogs out"...especially since they dont really limit the number of cars...

no one has experience powering up the dvr with the handphone in car charger before? would like to avoid buying the splitter thing as it adds clutter to the car n I dont really have a good place to mount it.

as for the quality thing, I bought it mainly to record my drives...n yes I need good quality as I wanna see everything clearly....its like watching a movie at home...takkan wanna watch cinema quality? like that means better watch movies on small 14" crt tvs instead of big flat panel tvs
Well I predict it should arrive before Friday kot.

If no limit for number of cars, hailat la Sepang internal traffic jam weyh sweat.gif

And the splitter thing you can find a way to hide it somewhere wan. Mine i stuff it into the gap between the seat and center console, ngam ngam fit. Most DVR's would prefer to use the original adapter as well as I know some actually wire the pins differently. And also the original adapter comes with a super long 4~5m wire which you can conceal under your roof trim, A pillar trim and carpets to make a neat installation.
mADmAN
post Jan 15 2014, 03:32 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

"14/01/2014 13:01: Departed from Destination Transit Centre" arrives tomorrow perhaps? hehehehhee

anyway... i think ill just buy THIS SPLITTER.. at least itll be stuck on the power socket itself and i wont have some extra thing some place else...

only problem is... my ciggie lighter socket is somewhat recessed in the dashboard... not sure if the bulkiness of the 2 sockets will cause problems plugging it in.

This post has been edited by mADmAN: Jan 15 2014, 03:34 PM
mADmAN
post Jan 16 2014, 02:01 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! its finally here!!! somemore ngam ngam i drove to work today, so might test it out when i go home from work tonight.

will also test out and see if the phone charger's 2.1A outlet is enough to power up this baby

rclxm9.gif

da box
user posted image

everything in the package... notice the microsd card which i paid extra for... it came pre-inserted in the camera...
user posted image

comparison of size with the usual lighter size... forgot to tak pix of the back though
user posted image
mADmAN
post Jan 21 2014, 05:02 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

G1WH Test Videos.. 4 minutes of day shots with a few different lighting conditions and 22 minutes of night shots with multiple situations and lighting conditions as well as speed...

did more of night shots mainly coz there isnt any... day shots u can find on youtube already...

night shots are pretty decent although at times i wish it was better...but definitely good enough i suppose... bulb colour of street lamps makes a diff in quality of the recording... can see it in the video.... i find white bulbs better for video quality as compared to yellow bulbs

as always... set the video at Full HD (1080p) to see it in all its glory.

i think i may need to "dampen" the microphone.. i find that it cant really take the noise from my exhaust and makes a rattling sound in the video...heck of alot worse at high revs. doh.gif but not sure if its the mic... or its the plastic case itself that cant handle the noise... hahahahhaha

I've also managed to answer my own question about using the DVR with a mobile phone in car charger. answer is yes, it works. all functions like auto record during startup works... i used USAMS 3.1Amp Quick In-Car Charger...so yes.. i can record my track session and charge my phone while using a GPS Lap Timer like Race Chrono rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 21 2014, 06:21 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 21 2014, 05:02 PM)
G1WH Test Videos.. 4 minutes of day shots with a few different lighting conditions and 22 minutes of night shots with multiple situations and lighting conditions as well as speed...

did more of night shots mainly coz there isnt any... day shots u can find on youtube already...

night shots are pretty decent although at times i wish it was better...but definitely good enough i suppose... bulb colour of street lamps makes a diff in quality of the recording... can see it in the video.... i find white bulbs better for video quality as compared to yellow bulbs
as always... set the video at Full HD (1080p) to see it in all its glory.

i think i may need to "dampen" the microphone.. i find that it cant really take the noise from my exhaust and makes a rattling sound in the video...heck of alot worse at high revs. doh.gif but not sure if its the mic... or its the plastic case itself that cant handle the noise... hahahahhaha

I've also managed to answer my own question about using the DVR with a mobile phone in car charger. answer is yes, it works. all functions like auto record during startup works... i used USAMS 3.1Amp Quick In-Car Charger...so yes.. i can record my track session and charge my phone while using a GPS Lap Timer like Race Chrono rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif
Fuhhhh... Happy la you laugh.gif

Can see theres youtube's sucky compression working on the video though sweat.gif

And gawdammit, remove the lens protector la weyhhh laugh.gif
mADmAN
post Jan 21 2014, 07:02 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 21 2014, 06:21 PM)
Fuhhhh... Happy la you laugh.gif

Can see theres youtube's sucky compression working on the video though sweat.gif

And gawdammit, remove the lens protector la weyhhh laugh.gif
yes. very... especially about the in car charger part ahahhaha

protector ah? wait la... sayang... heheheheh... will remove it on the 30th... planning on a track outing that day... will remove it at the track

budakdegilz
post Jan 21 2014, 07:58 PM

Regular
1,113 posts

mADmAN
too bad G1WH doesn't come with SOS function...
the picture quality is good in my opinion

Nightstalker1993
i think this WDR tech that shadow GT680W use is more benefit towards china market...
because on their plate colour combination...blue and white
user posted image
you can see it pretty clearly in their video advertisement
but in your video...malaysia plate number is quite blur
and china vehicle plate number also seems using some reflector material just like most of our road signage
so the WDR can capture more lights in night time

mADmAN
post Jan 21 2014, 08:01 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

budakdegilz

SOS Function? wats that?
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 21 2014, 08:04 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(budakdegilz @ Jan 21 2014, 07:58 PM)
mADmAN
too bad G1WH doesn't come with SOS function...
the picture quality is good in my opinion

Nightstalker1993
i think this WDR tech that shadow GT680W use is more benefit towards china market...
because on their plate colour combination...blue and white
user posted image
you can see it pretty clearly in their video advertisement
but in your video...malaysia plate number is quite blur
and china vehicle plate number also seems using some reflector material just like most of our road signage
so the WDR can capture more lights in night time
I think the problem is more to Youtube compression. The raw videos out of camera looks much much better than after uploaded to Youtube. It's like youtube hates DVR videos and specially compresses it more to make it look like crap sweat.gif
budakdegilz
post Jan 21 2014, 08:13 PM

Regular
1,113 posts

mADmAN
if you met an accident...
you can just push the SOS button so the video will be save in your memory card automaticly
without the possibility of video looping record on top of the SOS video

Nightstalker1993
so what you saying are the GT680W can captured clearly malaysian vehicle number plate??
you estimation... what the distance between yours and car in front of you in order for the DVR to capture the number plate clearly???
because when i'm seeing their video advertisement i'm quite impress..
but from the video you posted it doesn't impress me much...sorry

mADmAN
post Jan 21 2014, 08:57 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(budakdegilz @ Jan 21 2014, 08:13 PM)
mADmAN
you can just push the SOS button so the video will be save in your memory card automaticly
eerrr.... isnt that what the g sensor is for? and dont even have to press a button

but ive turned mine off due to my car's stiff adjustable suspension as I dont want it to save each n every one of the videos everytime I hit a bump or rough patch on the road
budakdegilz
post Jan 21 2014, 09:16 PM

Regular
1,113 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 21 2014, 08:57 PM)
eerrr.... isnt that what the g sensor is for? and dont even have to press a button

but ive turned mine off due to my car's stiff adjustable suspension as I dont want it to save each n every one of the videos everytime I hit a bump or rough patch on the road
yup...that's why in my opinion g-sensor is not very effective..
and that's also the reason i like DVR that comes with both..
g-sensor and SOS button
like GT680W blush.gif
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 21 2014, 09:27 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(budakdegilz @ Jan 21 2014, 08:13 PM)
mADmAN

Nightstalker1993
so what you saying are the GT680W can captured clearly malaysian vehicle number plate??
you estimation... what the distance between yours and car in front of you in order for the DVR to capture the number plate clearly???
because when i'm seeing their video advertisement i'm quite impress..
but from the video you posted it doesn't impress me much...sorry
Uhhh I think most cameras have that feature.

And yes the GT680w can capture malaysian plate numbers pretty good. Distance estimation few cars length kot. Just take note that the wider angle your lens is, the maximum distance where plate number still looks eligible drops. Like my GS9000, super wide angle lens but cars more than 2~3 cars away cannot see plate number liao

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 21 2014, 08:57 PM)

Search the manual, there should be a button you can presss to lock the file while recording

QUOTE(budakdegilz @ Jan 21 2014, 09:16 PM)
yup...that's why in my opinion g-sensor is not very effective..
and that's also the reason i like DVR that comes with both..
g-sensor and SOS button
like GT680W blush.gif
even if there's no such feature, with an 8gb card you've got 2 hours of footage, so that's 2 hours left until it overwrites, and if it's a 32gb card, you'd need to drive from Penang to JB and back in order for it to overwrite itself. Now, if you continue driving for 8 hours without saving a file, I'd call it user error for not saving the file.
mADmAN
post Jan 21 2014, 10:26 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

exactly...so not really an issue.. I intend to save the files to pc often... and im on 32gb so no biggie la...
xDragonZ
post Jan 21 2014, 11:36 PM

On my way
512 posts

Thinking to grab one over here, they have 12megapixel dashcam etc, lots of option for you to choose. not sure good or not.

http://list.tmall.com//search_product.htm?...0075017&style=g

Edit : Top selling - http://list.tmall.com//search_product.htm?...075017#J_Filter

This post has been edited by xDragonZ: Jan 21 2014, 11:37 PM
Quazacolt
post Jan 21 2014, 11:59 PM

Riding couple
3,136 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 21 2014, 08:04 PM)
It's like youtube hates DVR videos and specially compresses it more to make it look like crap sweat.gif
mine is ok though, only sound quality, which i just recently realize that it's on 16000 Hz sample rate, 24.00 kbps bitrate, faad audio format doh.gif (aka shit, lol)
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 22 2014, 11:25 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

Finally got the time to make a sample video.

This is my Tourmate G100 (someone selling in LYN GS). You can see the video quality is not good, sound quality even worse.

Well, at least it was able to record what's happening, except when it overheats and hangs after long usage. One of the air vents have to be pointed at this unit to prevent it from overheating and hang and all the videos that were recorded halfway are not viewable.

I randomly checked what's in this card and was very disappointed. Most of the clip can't be played and some of the clips went crazy. Formatted the card and it worked fine today (i'm using 16GB Class 10, only 2 hours of recording). Plus, i can't format memory cards with this unit as it'll just destroy it completely and it'll cause computers to freeze when trying to read/format them (2 memory cards were destroyed. RIP)

But was impressed with the gapless recording and very clear date & time stamp. That's it.

P/S: The month of the date will always stuck on October. No idea why.
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 23 2014, 12:03 AM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(xDragonZ @ Jan 21 2014, 11:36 PM)
Thinking to grab one over here, they have 12megapixel dashcam etc, lots of option for you to choose. not sure good or not.

http://list.tmall.com//search_product.htm?...0075017&style=g

Edit : Top selling - http://list.tmall.com//search_product.htm?...075017#J_Filter
I'd recommend getting one from more reputable places like FoxOffer. They ship from Singapore

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Jan 22 2014, 11:25 PM)
Finally got the time to make a sample video.

This is my Tourmate G100 (someone selling in LYN GS). You can see the video quality is not good, sound quality even worse.

Well, at least it was able to record what's happening, except when it overheats and hangs after long usage. One of the air vents have to be pointed at this unit to prevent it from overheating and hang and all the videos that were recorded halfway are not viewable.

I randomly checked what's in this card and was very disappointed. Most of the clip can't be played and some of the clips went crazy. Formatted the card and it worked fine today (i'm using 16GB Class 10, only 2 hours of recording). Plus, i can't format memory cards with this unit as it'll just destroy it completely and it'll cause computers to freeze when trying to read/format them (2 memory cards were destroyed. RIP)

But was impressed with the gapless recording and very clear date & time stamp. That's it.

P/S: The month of the date will always stuck on October. No idea why.
Lolz that model DVR very common and its a generic DVR. Usually these lower quality DVR will perform very poorly in terms of reliability and many of them have their videos corrupted which is why if you're searching for a DVR, better get one which is already tested and well known for reliability. My GS9000 hanged before once, read online that formatting the card may solve it due to corrupted files being in the card. One of the files got corrupted as I removed the memory card from the device while it was still recording halfway. After I formatted the card, it did not hang anymore.
mADmAN
post Jan 23 2014, 12:55 AM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Jan 22 2014, 11:25 PM)
yup...the quality is horrible even when set to 1080p... i could barely read the number plate of the golf and the nissan u were trailing on federal highway...

on the other hand... this video is a good example for spacelion to see why good quality is needed... coz without quality u can barely read the number plate.
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 23 2014, 02:03 AM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 23 2014, 12:55 AM)
yup...the quality is horrible even when set to 1080p... i could barely read the number plate of the golf and the nissan u were trailing on federal highway...

on the other hand... this video is a good example for spacelion to see why good quality is needed... coz without quality u can barely read the number plate.
The Tourmate one is definitely not 1080p. Looks more like 720p or 480p upscale rclxub.gif doh.gif

Your G1WH video you compare the Youtube uploaded version and the RAW files from the camera, are there much difference? Maybe posting a screenshot from the raw image would be better at judging the image quality like I had done with mine..

GS9000 sample

boxerawd
post Jan 23 2014, 10:32 AM

13 posts

I have been using the PAPAGO P3 for some times now, except for overheated issue, no other complaint.
Here are some sample pics I had prepared:

Day:
Attached Image

Night:
Attached Image

Note: I am not a PAPAGO agent or seller.

This post has been edited by boxerawd: Jan 23 2014, 10:33 AM
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 23 2014, 11:04 AM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(boxerawd @ Jan 23 2014, 10:32 AM)
I have been using the PAPAGO P3 for some times now, except for overheated issue, no other complaint.
Here are some sample pics I had prepared:

Day:
Attached Image

Night:
Attached Image

Note: I am not a PAPAGO agent or seller.
Yes the Papago is a decent camera. I've known it since the P1 days. Very sharp lens but very narrow field of view. Upside about the narrow field of view is that you can actually see plate numbers from vehicles that are further away compared to the super wide angle models like mine where cars further than 1~2 car length it'll be very hard to identify the plate number.
boxerawd
post Jan 23 2014, 11:30 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 23 2014, 11:04 AM)
Yes the Papago is a decent camera. I've known it since the P1 days. Very sharp lens but very narrow field of view. Upside about the narrow field of view is that you can actually see plate numbers from vehicles that are further away compared to the super wide angle models like mine where cars further than 1~2 car length it'll be very hard to identify the plate number.
Agreed, at 178 wide, can't demand for best of both world.
mADmAN
post Jan 23 2014, 02:41 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 23 2014, 02:03 AM)
Your G1WH video you compare the Youtube uploaded version and the RAW files from the camera, are there much difference? Maybe posting a screenshot from the raw image would be better at judging the image quality like I had done with mine..
yes theres a quite difference... notice the white myvi's number plate as well as the number plate on the wira in front of the myvi.

also notice the rear wheels of the red wira on the right...in youtube, the wheels looks a round black blur... with the raw file u can actually see the

raw file direct from G1WH
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2165/ykcr.jpg

after trimming, merging and encoding using MPEG2 1080P in AVS Video Editor 6
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/7060/6plt.jpg

Youtube doh.gif
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9097/ci54.jpg

here is why i think it sux...screenshot from my JDownloader...i copy the youtube link and itll automatically detect all the different versions of the file available.

user posted image

notice the sizes is at max 720P even though the file i uploaded is a 1080p file... i have a feeling that Youtube dont really have 1080p videos, instead, they upscale the 720p version to 1080p
Quazacolt
post Jan 23 2014, 03:09 PM

Riding couple
3,136 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 23 2014, 02:41 PM)
notice the sizes is at max 720P even though the file i uploaded is a 1080p file... i have a feeling that Youtube dont really have 1080p videos, instead, they upscale the 720p version to 1080p
got, because mine is 1080, and on youtube it is on 1080 available for all my videos.
mADmAN
post Jan 23 2014, 03:21 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Jan 23 2014, 03:09 PM)
got, because mine is 1080, and on youtube it is on 1080 available for all my videos.
yes... my videos are also available in 1080p on youtube... but when i wanna download the file... no 1080p version available
Quazacolt
post Jan 23 2014, 03:22 PM

Riding couple
3,136 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 23 2014, 03:21 PM)
yes... my videos are also available in 1080p on youtube... but when i wanna download the file... no 1080p version available
hmm can help poke my files and see got 1080 dl tak? at office atm lol
mADmAN
post Jan 23 2014, 03:32 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Jan 23 2014, 03:22 PM)
hmm can help poke my files and see got 1080 dl tak? at office atm lol
tadak....i also checked Nightstalker1993's videos... oso tadak...
user posted image

but a quick google and i found these 2

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...18153410AA1Ltul
http://www.reddit.com/r/lifehacks/comments...youtube_videos/

seems youtube doesnt allow it anymore... makes me wonder why not..
Quazacolt
post Jan 23 2014, 03:35 PM

Riding couple
3,136 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 23 2014, 03:32 PM)
tadak....i also checked Nightstalker1993's videos... oso tadak...

but a quick google and i found these 2

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...18153410AA1Ltul
http://www.reddit.com/r/lifehacks/comments...youtube_videos/
seems youtube doesnt allow it anymore... makes me wonder why not..
ooo that could be it... go try it if possible and update us please thumbup.gif
mADmAN
post Jan 23 2014, 03:47 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

lol...malas la...i oso in the office and just got a big pile of work on my table hahaha
Quazacolt
post Jan 23 2014, 04:00 PM

Riding couple
3,136 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 23 2014, 03:47 PM)
lol...malas la...i oso in the office and just got a big pile of work on my table hahaha
XD
kinda same here hence poked your help earlier lol
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 23 2014, 06:09 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 23 2014, 12:03 AM)
I'd recommend getting one from more reputable places like FoxOffer. They ship from Singapore
Lolz that model DVR very common and its a generic DVR. Usually these lower quality DVR will perform very poorly in terms of reliability and many of them have their videos corrupted which is why if you're searching for a DVR, better get one which is already tested and well known for reliability. My GS9000 hanged before once, read online that formatting the card may solve it due to corrupted files being in the card. One of the files got corrupted as I removed the memory card from the device while it was still recording halfway. After I formatted the card, it did not hang anymore.
QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 23 2014, 12:55 AM)

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 23 2014, 02:03 AM)
The Tourmate one is definitely not 1080p. Looks more like 720p or 480p upscale rclxub.gif doh.gif

GS9000 sample

It's 720p upscale. That's why there's no difference between the two. It's the same. 480p is the worst.

I'm looking for another car camera and last time I mentioned G1W, but since mADmAN mentioned G1WH, and from the following video, it's not bad, I think, so where can I buy these locally? I saw someone selling the LS330W and LS430W on Garage Sales for RM500+ and RM600+. Just wondering where can I get G1WH locally. I don't mind paying a little extra as long as I can test it out before getting. Any shops in Lowyat/Digital Mall/anywhere else sells these?

thinkthink
post Jan 23 2014, 06:14 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Jan 23 2014, 06:09 PM)
It's 720p upscale. That's why there's no difference between the two. It's the same. 480p is the worst.

I'm looking for another car camera and last time I mentioned G1W, but since mADmAN mentioned G1WH, and from the following video, it's not bad, I think, so where can I buy these locally? I saw someone selling the LS330W and LS430W on Garage Sales for RM500+ and RM600+. Just wondering where can I get G1WH locally. I don't mind paying a little extra as long as I can test it out before getting. Any shops in Lowyat/Digital Mall/anywhere else sells these?

Hi..sorry to interupt, but i do have one carcamcorder to let go..its a HP full HD f200 model..do let me know if u r interested..use not even for a month..im willing to negotiate the price:)

This post has been edited by thinkthink: Jan 23 2014, 06:16 PM
mADmAN
post Jan 23 2014, 06:16 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

dont think u can get the G1W or G1WH locally actually...

the nearest u can get is probably the foxoffer offices in Singapore...and since free shipping, might as well just buy straight.

im quite happy i took the plunge... pretty satisfied with it so far... hopefully will be recording more videos on the 30th biggrin.gif
budakdegilz
post Jan 23 2014, 06:22 PM

Regular
1,113 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 23 2014, 06:16 PM)

the nearest u can get is probably the foxoffer offices in Singapore...and since free shipping, might as well just buy straight.

im quite happy i took the plunge... pretty satisfied with it so far... hopefully will be recording more videos on the 30th biggrin.gif
foxoffer office in singapore???
not directly from china meh??
http://www.foxoffer.com/contact_us.html

TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 23 2014, 06:23 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(thinkthink @ Jan 23 2014, 06:14 PM)
Hi..sorry to interupt, but i do have one carcamcorder to let go..its a HP full HD f200 model..do let me know if u r interested..use not even for a month..im willing to negotiate the price:)
hmm... I'll see first. Thanks for the offer anyway.

any links? I was told that the G1W does not take class 10 microSDs.

what about shops that sell other dvrs? i know some shopping malls got but they're selling expensive stuff. Harvey Norman is selling those very cheap cameras at a very high price.
mADmAN
post Jan 23 2014, 06:28 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(budakdegilz @ Jan 23 2014, 06:22 PM)
should be... they ship out from singapore using Speedpost

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Jan 23 2014, 06:23 PM)
any links? I was told that the G1W does not take class 10 microSDs.

what about shops that sell other dvrs? i know some shopping malls got but they're selling expensive stuff. Harvey Norman is selling those very cheap cameras at a very high price.
according to techmoan's review, no it doesnt accept class10. but the G1WH i bought, i also bought a class 10 MicroSD card from foxoffer.com and they are working perfectly. totals about RM280 right to your doorstep.
budakdegilz
post Jan 23 2014, 06:31 PM

Regular
1,113 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 23 2014, 06:28 PM)
should be... they ship out from singapore using  Speedpost
oic...so if case of warranty..
we can just post it to singapore office is it???
mADmAN
post Jan 23 2014, 06:33 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(budakdegilz @ Jan 23 2014, 06:31 PM)
eerr...no idea... forgot to check about warranty hahahahahha
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 23 2014, 06:36 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 23 2014, 06:33 PM)
the one I bought at Japan... warranty only covers in japan only.

my parents la...
budakdegilz
post Jan 23 2014, 06:51 PM

Regular
1,113 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 23 2014, 06:33 PM)
hahahhahaha...
warranty is quite important bro for electronic stuff
that's why some of us prefer to buy locally...
and more importantly we can check the device function before commit to purchase..

p/s:
or maybe the singapore office is just their reseller??
damn..i see an opportunity to became a foxoffer malaysia reseller can ahh??? laugh.gif
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 23 2014, 10:38 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 23 2014, 02:41 PM)
yes theres a quite difference... notice the white myvi's number plate as well as the number plate on the wira in front of the myvi.

also notice the rear wheels of the red wira on the right...in youtube, the wheels looks a round black blur... with the raw file u can actually see the

raw file direct from G1WH
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2165/ykcr.jpg

after trimming, merging and encoding using MPEG2 1080P in AVS Video Editor 6
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/7060/6plt.jpg

Youtube doh.gif
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9097/ci54.jpg
here is why i think it sux...screenshot from my JDownloader...i copy the youtube link and itll automatically detect all the different versions of the file available.

user posted image

Damn, in the Youtube video the Wira's plate number cannot see at all while the original screenshot damn clear sweat.gif

You need to change software bro, Youtube Downloader HD had no problem downloading in full HD 1080p. Your video is a whopping 700mb in size sweat.gif

http://www.youtubedownloaderhd.com/download.html

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Jan 23 2014, 06:09 PM)

Just get it from Foxoffer. If you had not done online shopping before, now is the time laugh.gif

If you got the budget, should aim for the GT680w with the GPS module though. GPS feature and a better brighter lens, plus it's smaller.

Yeah after much pestering you finally decided to take the plunge laugh.gif

QUOTE(budakdegilz @ Jan 23 2014, 06:22 PM)
I'm guessing that DealExtreme and Foxoffer may be sharing the same warehouse at Singapore as my GS9000 which was bought from DX, was shipped from Singapore as well sweat.gif

QUOTE(budakdegilz @ Jan 23 2014, 06:31 PM)
Well, each item is tested before it leave so chances of getting a dud is pretty low. Judging from Dashcamtalk forums, Foxoffer's service is pretty good though. They have a representative active in the forums there.

My GS9000 from Dealextreme, singapore warehouse even cam preloaded with a video when it arrived laugh.gif

QUOTE(budakdegilz @ Jan 23 2014, 06:51 PM)
hahahhahaha...
warranty is quite important bro for electronic stuff
that's why some of us prefer to buy locally...
and more importantly we can check the device function before commit to purchase..

p/s:
or maybe the singapore office is just their reseller??
damn..i see an opportunity to became a foxoffer malaysia reseller can ahh??? laugh.gif
I actually thought of bringing in some of it here some time ago but cancelled it when I thought about the tax. If kena tax, hailat weyh sweat.gif

This post has been edited by Nightstalker1993: Jan 23 2014, 10:42 PM
mADmAN
post Jan 24 2014, 12:47 AM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 23 2014, 10:38 PM)
You need to change software bro, Youtube Downloader HD had no problem downloading in full HD 1080p. Your video is a whopping 700mb in size sweat.gif

I actually thought of bringing in some of it here some time ago but cancelled it when I thought about the tax.
naah...thats the software I use to download movies n series...just so happens it works with youtube oso... and only 700mb?? original file is 2.4gb sweat.gif

u could do that, but dont la order all one shot....since free shipping from foxoffer, u cam just order 1 pc a day brows.gif
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 24 2014, 01:21 AM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 24 2014, 12:47 AM)
naah...thats the software I use to download movies n series...just so happens it works with youtube oso... and only 700mb?? original file is 2.4gb sweat.gif

u could do that, but dont la order all one shot....since free shipping from foxoffer, u cam just order 1 pc a day brows.gif
nola, not order 1 a day. Order 2pc, then wait for delivery confirmation, then order another 2pc laugh.gif

but i'd imagine it to be slow moving though due to it's price after markup for profit, which is why i didn't want to bring it in hmm.gif

and goes to show how much compression Youtube does onto the videos laugh.gif

Another thing about cheaper DVRs is that they save the videos in MJPEG format, meaning it eats up TONS of space in the memory card while the more advanced DVRs all save into h264 codec which is less space hungry.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 24 2014, 06:28 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

Most of you guys have watched those Russian car crash compilation videos, and one of the most "Famous" scenario is where the tyre of some trucks exploded and the car that's recording the scene was/wasn't able to avoid crashing into the truck. Well, it happened to me just now, a tyre of a truck just exploded, lots of dusts and stones hit my car (a newly painted car!!!) but I was able to avoid it. What really makes me mad was after that I found out that my car DVR hang, again, as usual. Now I wasn't able to find that scene, but this is what I was able to show you:

Just to prove that you can't simply take a 150hp Camry to chase a 280hp Golf R. LOL.

YES I'M GETTING ANOTHER CAR DVR.

THINGS TO AVOID
1) A Camry with 2.0 engine and 4 speed auto
2) This car DVR brand
mADmAN
post Jan 24 2014, 07:02 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Jan 24 2014, 06:28 PM)
G1WH!!!! thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 24 2014, 10:35 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 24 2014, 07:02 PM)
G1WH!!!! thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
cannot promise bro... next week going digital mall/lowyat to source for it and see.
cannavaro
post Jan 24 2014, 11:42 PM

CATTENACIO
2,800 posts

I've been lurking here for a while.
The poison has finally seeped in and I'm gonna buy the Shadow GT680W from foxoffer. thumbup.gif
I have been using iON Air Pro as a dash cam, it is really horrible in low light conditions... will post some vids later. tongue.gif

CNY promotion from foxoffer:
user posted image

BTW, is the free postage trackable?
mADmAN
post Jan 25 2014, 01:19 AM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

cannavaro

yes its trackable
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 25 2014, 05:01 AM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Jan 24 2014, 10:35 PM)
cannot promise bro... next week going digital mall/lowyat to source for it and see.
Honestly I'd rather buy one from FoxOffer as there's just so much DVRs out there you won't know which is good and which is not. There's even fakes of certain DVR. Example, my GS9000 which at the time was considered superb image quality, exists a fake version which looks exactly the same but utter horrible image quality. I'd suggest you just get from FoxOffer.

QUOTE(cannavaro @ Jan 24 2014, 11:42 PM)
I've been lurking here for a while.
The poison has finally seeped in and I'm gonna buy the Shadow GT680W from foxoffer.  thumbup.gif
I have been using iON Air Pro as a dash cam, it is really horrible in low light conditions... will post some vids later.  tongue.gif

CNY promotion from foxoffer:
user posted image

BTW, is the free postage trackable?
GPS Module! Don't forget the GPS module! tongue.gif laugh.gif

Oh, and by the way, my friend whom I've bought the DVR for, had uploaded a sample daytime video. The raw video looks much better though eventhough you view on youtube at 1080p rclxub.gif

Nightstalker1993
post Jan 25 2014, 05:03 AM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

Most of you guys have watched those Russian car crash compilation videos, and one of the most "Famous" scenario is where the tyre of some trucks exploded and the car that's recording the scene was/wasn't able to avoid crashing into the truck. Well, it happened to me just now, a tyre of a truck just exploded, lots of dusts and stones hit my car (a newly painted car!!!) but I was able to avoid it. What really makes me mad was after that I found out that my car DVR hang, again, as usual. Now I wasn't able to find that scene, but this is what I was able to show you:

Just to prove that you can't simply take a 150hp Camry to chase a 280hp Golf R. LOL.

THINGS TO AVOID
2) This car DVR brand
And that's why... never trust DVRs with unknown reputation...
kev da man
post Jan 25 2014, 09:05 AM

super lurker
15,278 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 25 2014, 05:01 AM)
Honestly I'd rather buy one from FoxOffer as there's just so much DVRs out there you won't know which is good and which is not. There's even fakes of certain DVR. Example, my GS9000 which at the time was considered superb image quality, exists a fake version which looks exactly the same but utter horrible image quality. I'd suggest you just get from FoxOffer.

Oh, and by the way, my friend whom I've bought the DVR for, had uploaded a sample daytime video. The raw video looks much better though eventhough you view on youtube at 1080p rclxub.gif

I LOLED when the DVR was bouncing to the bass.

Anyways, after much stalking in this thread, I just bought myself a GT680W with all the shebang. Hopefully the GPS module works properly sweat.gif
mADmAN
post Jan 25 2014, 10:48 AM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,414 posts

wah....everyone buying GT680W....

I HAZ A JELES!

laugh.gif
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 25 2014, 11:41 AM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

Is the vibration... because of the bass? Not bad, 165km/h on KESAS.
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 25 2014, 01:06 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(kev da man @ Jan 25 2014, 09:05 AM)
I LOLED when the DVR was bouncing to the bass.

Anyways, after much stalking in this thread, I just bought myself a GT680W with all the shebang. Hopefully the GPS module works properly  sweat.gif
Yeah the bass is strong in this one laugh.gif

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 25 2014, 10:48 AM)

I HAZ A JELES!

laugh.gif
can always get another one for your other half or something whistling.gif

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Jan 25 2014, 11:41 AM)
Is the vibration... because of the bass? Not bad, 165km/h on KESAS.
don't forget this is GPS speed, speedo would be showing something like 170-280
cannavaro
post Jan 25 2014, 09:48 PM

CATTENACIO
2,800 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 25 2014, 01:19 AM)
cannavaro

yes its trackable
Thanks thumbup.gif

Yup I added the GPS module as well..
The total is RM371.xx (shown during paypal checkout), thanks to our weak RM... USD is 3.3 sweat.gif
kev da man
post Jan 26 2014, 01:18 AM

super lurker
15,278 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 25 2014, 10:48 AM)

I HAZ A JELES!

laugh.gif
Can always get another one kwa thumbup.gif
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 26 2014, 04:20 AM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(cannavaro @ Jan 25 2014, 09:48 PM)
Thanks  thumbup.gif
Yup I added the GPS module as well..
The total is RM371.xx (shown during paypal checkout), thanks to our weak RM... USD is 3.3 sweat.gif
I miss the days when it was RM2.98 to USD 1 sad.gif
工藤新一
post Jan 26 2014, 04:33 AM

Casual
410 posts

I think this one consider quite clear even with 720p, wonder what he using?

This post has been edited by 工藤新一: Jan 26 2014, 04:36 AM
cannavaro
post Jan 26 2014, 10:17 PM

CATTENACIO
2,800 posts

QUOTE(cannavaro @ Jan 24 2014, 11:42 PM)

I have been using iON Air Pro as a dash cam, it is really horrible in low light conditions... will post some vids later.  tongue.gif
You can view the videos or download the raw files directly from these google drive links, raw looks slightly better. I only use the trim and save feature in quicktime pro so the quality is pretty much raw:

720p, 60fps - recorded at 8AM+ on a fairly sunny saturday morning
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1hwR6M_9f...dit?usp=sharing

1080p, 30fps - recorded at 3PM+, the sun is actually brighter than what you see in the video

720p, 60fps - the dreaded night time footage... quality is shit as far as I am concerned, plus the bmw driver in this video is an ass for not letting me overtake at my favourite syok sendiri corner tongue.gif
xperiaVuser
post Jan 26 2014, 11:25 PM

Enthusiast
874 posts

I have been using a cheap unknown Taiwan DVR for a few years without problems. But really tempted to upgrade to that GT680W after watching the video quality hmm.gif
davidlow7
post Jan 26 2014, 11:38 PM

StageMaster
8,230 posts

THINGS TO AVOID
2) This car DVR brand
Sorry to hear about that mate but glad you were safe

As seen the video, yes the DVR failed miserably...

You should get a new one mate
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 26 2014, 11:50 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(davidlow7 @ Jan 26 2014, 11:38 PM)
Sorry to hear about that mate but glad you were safe

As seen the video, yes the DVR failed miserably...

You should get a new one mate
thanks mate. i was thinking about that too. in fact, this is 720p:

that's it.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 27 2014, 11:26 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

So, there's not much difference between 720p and 1080p. In fact, you'll only get extra 10 minutes of clip. Others, is just the same.

Here's a screenshot that I took comparing RAW, after editing with Magix Movie Edit Pro, and uploaded and downloaded from youtube:

Here's the clip by the way:

xDragonZ
post Feb 3 2014, 01:37 PM

On my way
512 posts

Blue Mirror Rearview Car DVR

Random photos, I know nothing special. tongue.gif

Tried with 1920x1080, seems laggy maybe it's because of the class 4 SD card (not sure) , 1080x720 seems fine. hmm.gif

fuelsave
post Feb 4 2014, 10:48 AM

Getting Started
128 posts