Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.
117 Pages « < 32 33 34 35 36 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Public Mutual v4, Public/PB series funds

debbieyss
post Jan 29 2013, 11:44 PM

Look at all my stars! I want to be a SUPERSTAR!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Kaka23 @ Jan 29 2013, 11:34 PM)
I think psmallcap is Malaysia focus fund. Other 2 I don't know, coz didn't study since not investing in them...
Small Cap is not a Malaysia focus fund.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kaka23
post Jan 29 2013, 11:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(debbieyss @ Jan 30 2013, 12:44 AM)
Ok.. Thanks for the info
+Quote Post
howszat
post Jan 29 2013, 11:56 PM

Regular

QUOTE(debbieyss @ Jan 29 2013, 11:44 PM)
That does not seem to be what the Prospectus says:

This fund focuses on a diversified portfolio of companies with small market capitalisation with good growth prospects listed on Bursa Securities.

For that matter, PSF and PGF are Malaysian focus too. Of course, it's possible I could be in the wrong thread altogether smile.gif

This post has been edited by howszat: Jan 30 2013, 12:00 AM
+Quote Post
debbieyss
post Jan 30 2013, 12:31 AM

My interpretation of Malaysian focus fund is 100% Malaysia shares based.
+Quote Post
howszat
post Jan 30 2013, 12:58 AM

Regular

QUOTE(debbieyss @ Jan 30 2013, 12:31 AM)
My interpretation of Malaysian focus fund is 100% Malaysia shares based.

Your interpretation is too restrictive. "Focus" in general just means the majority of their investments are in a particular area.

The word focus just means "The center of interest or activity" (from Google). It does not have to mean 100%.

Technically speaking, no funds are ever 100% shares anyway. They need to hold a certain percentage in liquid assets in various forms, including possibly from foreign sources.
+Quote Post
debbieyss
post Jan 30 2013, 01:16 AM

QUOTE(howszat @ Jan 30 2013, 12:58 AM)
Your interpretation is too restrictive. "Focus" in general just means the majority of their investments are in a particular area.

The word focus just means "The center of interest or activity" (from Google). It does not have to mean 100%.

Technically speaking, no funds are ever 100% shares anyway. They need to hold a certain percentage in liquid assets in various forms, including possibly from foreign sources.
doh.gif

Ok. thanks for educating me.

All public mutual funds have Malaysian stocks anyway.

I'm tired.

This post has been edited by debbieyss: Jan 30 2013, 01:17 AM
+Quote Post
David83
post Jan 30 2013, 02:22 AM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon
Group: Elite

Dear Unitholder, We are pleased to attach the market wrap for the week ended 18 January 2013 for your information. Regards Customer Service e-mail proclaimer This e-mail and any attachment is intended for the addressee(s) only and may contain information that is legally privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication and its contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email or our hotline 036207 5000 and delete the document. This communication has not been transmitted via a private or secure link or in encrypted form and is therefore subject to the usual hazards of Internet communications, nor can it be guaranteed that this communication has not been the subject of unauthorised interception or modification.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Market_Wrap_011813__MG_.pdf ( 88.26k ) Number of downloads: 67
+Quote Post
Agisman
post Jan 30 2013, 11:17 AM

Group: Junior Member

i started in fund investment when i invested PIEF rm6000 through epf on jun 2009,now already worth rm9700..that 62% increasing..very good return for me.
+Quote Post
Kaka23
post Jan 30 2013, 11:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Agisman @ Jan 30 2013, 12:17 PM)
i started in fund investment when i invested PIEF rm6000 through epf on jun 2009,now already worth rm9700..that 62% increasing..very good return for me.
Very nice, you got in at the right timing..
+Quote Post
David83
post Jan 30 2013, 03:10 PM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon

An impressive annualized return of roughly 17.7%
+Quote Post
hafiez
post Jan 30 2013, 04:12 PM

R620 V8 | FH16 700

Good return considering 2009 event.

Most of the fund will perform.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
j.passing.by
post Jan 30 2013, 05:24 PM

On my way

Wong Sifu and other sifus as well,

Anyone done "transfer" to another party?

If I'm having units (and especially if the fund is closed), it would be a waste to just sell/repurchase them back to PM.

"A unitholder may fully or partially transfer his units in the fund to another
unitholder subject to terms and conditions. An administration fee of RM25
will be charged for each transaction."

- Is the above administration fee the only fee to pay?
- Is there any club/forum doing transfer or private trading of units? Maybe PM me if necessary...

Please note I'm not selling or soliciting... just curious to know.

+Quote Post
birdman13200
post Jan 30 2013, 07:17 PM

Casual

QUOTE(debbieyss @ Jan 29 2013, 11:18 PM)
I invested in PSF, PGF and Small Cap.
I don't invest in Malaysia focus funds because malaysia's ecnomy is not reliable.  biggrin.gif
Did u stop DDI for Smallcap as well? It is not open for investment now, once u stop, no chance to resume later until it reopen for investment.
+Quote Post
Malformed
post Feb 1 2013, 10:07 AM

Getting Started

For the first time I sold one of my PM funds online on Wednesday, I saw it was still floating on Thursday. This morning I saw it was no longer in the floating page, neither is it seen in my savings accoung (PB). Is it because today's a public holiday?
+Quote Post
birdman13200
post Feb 1 2013, 06:29 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Malformed @ Feb 1 2013, 10:07 AM)
For the first time I sold one of my PM funds online on Wednesday, I saw it was still floating on Thursday. This morning I saw it was no longer in the floating page, neither is it seen in my savings accoung (PB). Is it because today's a public holiday?
It should be. My recent experience, sold on 4 dec night, they bank in by 6 dec. It is for bond fund, if equity may need 1 days more, as ur selling NAV only can be know on the next day.
+Quote Post
j.passing.by
post Feb 2 2013, 12:23 PM

On my way

Is the nav price a good indication of performance?

I'm no financial guru, but it seemed that it does have some merits and a quick way in narrowing down the long list of Public/PB funds to invest. See below, the latest price list as at 30/01/2013. The rightmost figure is their percentage over a (presumed) debut price of RM0.25.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

- PB Dynamic Allocation is not in the list as its debut nav price is RM1.00.

- those funds over rm0.50; they are over ten years old; local funds...steady growth over the years... maybe not performing well currently...

- those funds under rm0.20; better watch out even though they are on a steep rise currently; looks like they have not rebounded up with the benchmark since current share markets are at record high levels. When a nav price had fellen 50%, it will need to rise 100% to reach back its original level. Walking down is easier than walking up...

- those just below 0.25 to 0.40; this is the interesting segment to look into... it is a big segment, but it can be segregated down into local, foreign, public and/or pb funds...

And below is the top 10 horses for Jan...; fastest horse at the top.
Public Far-East Property & Resorts Fund
Public Indonesia Select Fund
Public Australia Equity Fund
Public Far-East Select Fund
Public Regional Sector Fund
Public South-East Asia Select Fund
Public Natural Resources Equity Fund
Public Global Select Fund
Public Singapore Equity Fund
Public Far-East Telco & Infrastructure Fund

Top 5 PB horses for Jan...
PB China Australia Equity Fund
PB China Asean Equity Fund
PB Asean Dividend Fund
PB Asia Real Estate Income Fund
PB Indonesia Balanced Fund
PB China Pacific Equity Fund

Public SEA Select and PB Asean appeared not affected by the sharp drop in the local market on 21st with many of the local funds dropped 2% or more. And all of them, except Smallcap, Islamic Opportunities, and Strategic Smallcap, is in the negative for the month.

Now, which fund to select and hold for the next 3 months? hmm.gif

+Quote Post
David83
post Feb 2 2013, 12:31 PM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon

Public Bank’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Public Mutual, declared distributions for four of its funds. The total gross distributions declared for the financial year ending 31 January 2013 are as follows:

Fund | Gross Distribution / Unit
Public Index Fund | 5.00 sen per unit
Public Islamic Optimal Growth Fund | 1.25 sen per unit
Public Enhanced Bond Fund | 5.00 sen per unit
Public Money Market Fund | 2.50 sen per unit

URL: http://www.publicmutual.com.my/LinkClick.a...onw%3d&tabid=87
+Quote Post
gark
post Feb 2 2013, 12:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(j.passing.by @ Feb 2 2013, 12:23 PM)
Is the nav price a good indication of performance?

I'm no financial guru, but it seemed that it does have some merits and a quick way in narrowing down the long list of Public/PB funds to invest. See below, the latest price list as at 30/01/2013. The rightmost figure is their percentage over a (presumed) debut price of RM0.25.

- PB Dynamic Allocation is not in the list as its debut nav price is RM1.00.

- those funds over rm0.50; they are over ten years old; local funds...steady growth over the years... maybe not performing well currently...

- those funds under rm0.20; better watch out even though they are on a steep rise currently; looks like they have not rebounded up with the benchmark since current share markets are at record high levels. When a nav price had fellen 50%, it will need to rise 100% to reach back its original level. Walking down is easier than walking up...

- those just below 0.25 to 0.40; this is the interesting segment to look into... it is a big segment, but it can be segregated down into local, foreign, public and/or pb funds...

All very useless information. If you look at those info above and select UT to buy, you will lose a lot of money... tongue.gif

Price of UT is not relevant, a RM 0.25 UT is not necessary 'cheaper' or 'better' performing to a RM 1 UT or RM 10 UT.

Dividend of UT is also not relevant, left pocket out right pocket in and get taxed in between.

Looking at percentage increase of NAV is also useless, how a UT perform is compared to benchmark (and NOT PM's skewed benchmark which does not included dividend just KLCI) never to NAV

To find UT which is performing, check the 1 year, 3 year, 5 year and 10 year performance over REAL benchmark. Find comparison and ranking at morning star and lipper score. AVOID all marketing talk on 'hot' sector/stock/flavour of the day and develop your own diversified portfolio weighting and rebalanced. A cheaper sales charge UT will give you and edge to breakeven as you lose 'less' when purchasing. wink.gif

This post has been edited by gark: Feb 2 2013, 12:37 PM
+Quote Post
j.passing.by
post Feb 2 2013, 02:07 PM

On my way

gark, good counter arguments there... but any better way to narrow down the field before probing further into each of them?

For reasons only known to myself, am already in the stable and sticking to it (based on silly notion of "too big to fail..." LOL)... so the next best move is selecting the top horses in the stable... looking some quick small gains for a small portion of the portfolio for the short term; but it must withstand a riding period of 3 months to avoid the 90 days penalty fee if change horses in mid stream.

Yeah, some funds have specially created benchmarks and are skewed... but if they can't even beat their own benchmarks, I don't think I need to consider them further.

===================

Another story (or tall tail, you decide...)

Had previously held Public SEA and PB Asean; and watching them closely for the past several months, thinking they were closely linked to the local market; so the 21st event proved I was wrong, and see the need to have some units in them again, so I switched some units into SEA Select and poor heart skipped a beat when it closed 1.09% up... thank goodness it did not go down the next day but up another 0.84%.

Now, praying no bad news will foul things up for the next 90 days (LOL)... I don't mean GE13, as I'm not holding local funds except for bonds, which seemed to be dropping fast and the money market funds seem better than bonds.

+Quote Post
xuzen
post Feb 2 2013, 11:07 PM

Regular

According to the brainy people at Morgan Stanley, to evaluate a fund, the parameters one need to measure are:

i) Annualised return of the fund and its benchmark

ii) volatility aka standard deviation of the fund and its benchmark

iii) the beta of the fund wrt its benchmark

Google Modigliani-Modigliani ratio for the formula.

NAV is not part of the equation.

Xuzen
+Quote Post

117 Pages « < 32 33 34 35 36 > » 
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0599sec    3.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 11:53 AM