Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Public Mutual v4, Public/PB series funds

views

Malformed
post Dec 28 2012, 07:59 PM

Getting Started
270 posts

Dear all, wanna ask.. What is the best way to be a UTC? And is there a difference of having an upline from a friend or directly with pbb?
Malformed
post Dec 29 2012, 01:21 AM

Getting Started
270 posts

I see, I only have a friend and he is not very close in that sense. So I thought that I can register directly under PBB, no upline or what not.

Apart from advice and knowledge that an upline can provide, what is the importance of an upline? Since my purpose to be a UTC is to lower my SC.

Edit: Would also like to know can I cancel my DDI/SI in pm online? i cant find that button.

This post has been edited by Malformed: Dec 29 2012, 10:05 AM
Malformed
post Feb 1 2013, 10:07 AM

Getting Started
270 posts

For the first time I sold one of my PM funds online on Wednesday, I saw it was still floating on Thursday. This morning I saw it was no longer in the floating page, neither is it seen in my savings accoung (PB). Is it because today's a public holiday?
Malformed
post Feb 2 2013, 11:56 PM

Getting Started
270 posts

QUOTE(birdman13200 @ Feb 1 2013, 06:29 PM)
It should be. My recent experience, sold on 4 dec night, they bank in by 6 dec. It is for bond fund, if equity may need 1 days more, as ur selling NAV only can be know on the next day.
Weird, still not getting it. But I can see it is tied to my savings account. Will have to wait for monday to check I suppose.
Malformed
post Mar 12 2013, 05:15 PM

Getting Started
270 posts

Can we know when a fund distribution is about to commence? I read from FSM magazine on why NAV's will drop when fund distribution are given out. Although the NAV will climb back, isn't it good that we sell before distribution date (or I think is called ex-date) and enter right after distribution? Besides, it's mentioned the fund will still receive distribution although you sell it before ex-date.
Malformed
post Mar 13 2013, 10:20 AM

Getting Started
270 posts

QUOTE(felixmask @ Mar 12 2013, 06:29 PM)
Do you consider service charge of everytime buying back.
The gain % would be less than putting FD  or even loss  doh.gif
Never accounted to that. Thanks. Meaning additional investment when it dropped will be the better option.
Malformed
post Mar 13 2013, 03:58 PM

Getting Started
270 posts

QUOTE(Pink Spider @ Mar 13 2013, 10:49 AM)
2. The NAV price of the fund that I'm interested in is quite high now, should I stay away? Investment gurus always say "buy low, sell high"...
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

3. Common misconceptions about unit trust dividends/distributions
(a) After dividend distribution, NAV price will go down, the fund will become cheaper.
(b) A fund that declares dividends is better than a fund that does not, dividends are my profit, they make me richer.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=58601035
doh.gif Thank you for the knowledge. Never knew this fact at all.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0385sec    0.64    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:39 PM