Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.
117 Pages « < 51 52 53 54 55 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Public Mutual v4, Public/PB series funds

howszat
post Apr 22 2013, 10:09 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

Well, I don't know if it's of any use to investors, but it looks like it's of no use to many of their own fund managers who consistently under-perform the market, and even worse under-perform their own designed benchmarks.

If there's an award for the "Biggest Winner" for under-performing funds, it is quite likely PM will win that too, to go along with their "Biggest Winner for the 10th consecutive year" claim.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rachy
post Apr 23 2013, 05:31 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hi all,

I believe I have too many bond funds and would like to take one out because I have another with another bank as well. So would appreciate your opinion on which one I should take out.

I currently have:

PEBF
PSBF
PIEBF

Which would be the best to take out if comparing returns to FD?

thanks! smile.gif
+Quote Post
David83
post Apr 23 2013, 07:06 PM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(rachy @ Apr 23 2013, 05:31 PM)
Hi all,

I believe I have too many bond funds and would like to take one out because I have another with another bank as well. So would appreciate your opinion on which one I should take out.

I currently have:

PEBF
PSBF
PIEBF

thanks! smile.gif
You can take out either PEBF or PIBEF as they're siblings with the later being Shariah compliant.
+Quote Post
j.passing.by
post Apr 23 2013, 07:22 PM

On my way

Hi all,

I currently have:

PEBF
PSBF
PIEBF

thanks! smile.gif
all of them... since you own the funds and don't know which is giving the best returns. tongue.gif

btw. one of them is closed and the other two, if not mistaken, is only open if you have at least rm100k to invest. The enhanced bond funds can have up to 20% invested in equities, if stock market drops, it can be underwater, albeit temporary for a short time...

To compute their performance, see the performance chart... http://www.publicmutual.com.my/application...formancenw.aspx

+Quote Post
birdman13200
post Apr 23 2013, 10:15 PM

Casual

Hi all,

I currently have:

PEBF
PSBF
PIEBF

thanks! smile.gif
It seen like u take my advice on 19 Feb to keep these 3 funds.
If u plan to further trim down the bond fund, my suggestion is PSBF, as it performance is worse compare to the other 2.

+Quote Post
transit
post Apr 24 2013, 07:34 AM

Casual

Public Mutual has recently added the Public China Access Equity Fund (“PCASEF”) under its management.

PCASEF is an equity fund that has the mandate to invest in the China market. The fund will focus its investment in China A-share market.

China A-share market refers to stocks that trade on the Shanghai and Shenzhen exchanges. These companies are incorporated in mainland China and their shares are denominated in Renminbi. China A-shares trade in a closed market and can only be purchased by domestic Chinese investors. Foreign investors who intend to invest in China A-shares have to hold the Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (“QFII”)License under the Strategic Investment Scheme, of which Public Mutual is a license holder.

Please be informed that units of PCASEF will only be held by funds of Public Mutual which have a mandate to invest in China shares and will not be offered to the public.

This post has been edited by transit: Apr 24 2013, 07:35 AM
+Quote Post
David83
post Apr 24 2013, 10:09 AM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon

QUOTE(transit @ Apr 24 2013, 07:34 AM)
Public Mutual has recently added the Public China Access Equity Fund (“PCASEF”) under its management.

PCASEF is an equity fund that has the mandate to invest in the China market. The fund will focus its investment in China A-share market.

China A-share market refers to stocks that trade on the Shanghai and Shenzhen exchanges. These companies are incorporated in mainland China and their shares are denominated in Renminbi. China A-shares trade in a closed market and can only be purchased by domestic Chinese investors. Foreign investors who intend to invest in China A-shares have to hold the Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (“QFII”)License under the Strategic Investment Scheme, of which Public Mutual is a license holder.

Please be informed that units of PCASEF will only be held by funds of Public Mutual which have a mandate to invest in China shares and will not be offered to the public.
I don't understand. This fund is not available to public but PM funds like PCSF, PCIF can invest into this fund?

Like a proxy fund or feeder fund?
+Quote Post
koinibler
post Apr 24 2013, 11:18 AM

Regular

I'm also not really understand the real concept, but I also think like you.
It might be just a feeder fund.

The point where PM want us to know about this maybe jus bcoz they're among the first here to get the license.
+Quote Post
David83
post Apr 24 2013, 01:32 PM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon

QUOTE(koinibler @ Apr 24 2013, 11:18 AM)
I'm also not really understand the real concept, but I also think like you.
It might be just a feeder fund.

The point where PM want us to know about this maybe jus bcoz they're among the first here to get the license.
Nothing to brag for if retail investor cannot go it into the fund right? rclxub.gif
+Quote Post
koinibler
post Apr 24 2013, 02:10 PM

Regular

hence, just like you mention, its probably all china related fund can be well managed because of this. PM can invest money from the fund, but not directly from public investor. Could be well become china funds benchmark for PM.

Not just like before. Only left leg got inside, still not sure how Chinese do their business.

However, I'm still not considering any China related fund based on this news
+Quote Post
lazybump_nonsense
post Apr 24 2013, 05:08 PM

This is my Ninja Way

anyone here using DDI/RRI ? is it a good tactic in Public Mutual ?
+Quote Post
marketstore
post Apr 24 2013, 05:46 PM

Getting Started

public mutual has been known to have high SC....i am interested in DCA with my funds....my fund manager told me to put money every month in bonds...when time is right he will transfer to equity.....may i know which one will work out better in terms of less SC for DCA..
will DDI incur more charges than transfer online from public bank...
+Quote Post
David83
post Apr 24 2013, 07:55 PM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon

QUOTE(marketstore @ Apr 24 2013, 05:46 PM)
public mutual has been known to have high SC....i am interested in DCA with my funds....my fund manager told me to put money every month in bonds...when time is right he will transfer to equity.....may i know which one will work out better in terms of less SC for DCA..
will DDI incur more charges than transfer online from public bank...
The SC is lower for DDI. 5% for equity/balanced fund. I think.

When you switch from bond fund to equity fund, you still have to pay the SC for the equity fund.

This post has been edited by David83: Apr 24 2013, 07:56 PM
+Quote Post
marketstore
post Apr 25 2013, 08:26 AM

Getting Started

u mean Sc for DDI is cheaper than me doing online banking to top up my PM funds...
+Quote Post
David83
post Apr 25 2013, 08:34 AM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon

QUOTE(marketstore @ Apr 25 2013, 08:26 AM)
u mean Sc for DDI is cheaper than me doing online banking to top up my PM funds...
Of course.

Topup from PBebank is just top up like normal. Normal SC of 5.5% is applied.

DDI is debit instruction from your PB saving account in regular period (once every month); hence a lower SC is being given as an encouragement.

There's an going promo for RII or DDI: http://www.publicmutual.com.my/CampaignsPr...IICampaign.aspx
+Quote Post
marketstore
post Apr 25 2013, 08:41 AM

Getting Started

thanks for the info
+Quote Post
lazybump_nonsense
post Apr 25 2013, 10:36 AM

This is my Ninja Way

so what tactic normally people using? Top-up monthly thru DDI?
+Quote Post
koinibler
post Apr 25 2013, 10:39 AM

Regular

Actually, its the same either through online banking or DDI. Its still 5.5% SC for equity. However, as David83 mention, there is a promotion right now for 5% till Dec 2013.

If transfer from bond fund, then your SC is actually 5.75% since bond charge 0.25% and then when transfer charge again 5.5%.

If transfer from online banking, RM 2 will be charge for transaction fee on top of the SC.
+Quote Post
koinibler
post Apr 25 2013, 10:41 AM

Regular

QUOTE(lazybump_nonsense @ Apr 25 2013, 10:36 AM)
so what tactic normally people using? Top-up monthly thru DDI?
top up monthly for me is more to discipline ourself which is one important factor in achieving our own goal.
+Quote Post
j.passing.by
post Apr 25 2013, 12:46 PM

On my way

Need clarification on the transaction fee RM2...
a) is it for DDI (Direct Debit Instruction)
b) from Public Bank account or from another bank's account.

So far, I have done an investment online via a PB account, don't recalled there was a RM2 fee. Yet to try DDI.

AFAIK, the service charge (for equity fund) is 5.5% unless there is a promotion (like the current RII, Regular Investment Instruction); and when a new fund is launched and DDI was signed up during its promotion.

Should also note that switching from one fund to another, the minimum amount is 1000 units. (You can only enter the amount in "units".)

For an initial investment, the amount is in RM and the minimum is RM1000.

For additional investments, the amount entered is also in RM. I guess the minimum amount is RM50 for equity fund and RM100 for bond fund. These are the amounts that PMO can accept when I tried... but did not complete the transaction. smile.gif

+Quote Post

117 Pages « < 51 52 53 54 55 > » 
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0491sec    1.64    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 08:30 PM