83 posts

Hi everyone!

I'm currently holding these funds since 2007 or 2008:

PSBF
PEBF
PIEBF
PCSF
PITTIKAL

I do monthly top up for most of them. However, PCSF consistently going down and i'm making a big loss now. Even PITTIKAL not doing so well. But the rest are good. When I first started to invest in 2007 was very young and just relied on PM consultant. Now totally regret and already keeping track myself now.

Would like to seek your advice here on what I should keep and what I should get out of now and some advice to what into?

Thanks smile.gif

rachy
post Feb 19 2013, 08:42 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(birdman13200 @ Feb 19 2013, 07:55 PM)
First 3 bond funds must be keep since performing well, especially both enhanced bond fund. But I wonder u can still top up monthly now??

Ur portfolio seen very defensive with many bond fund, suggest to study malaysia equity fund now and buy after GE.
Could you give some suggestion on some good equity funds? smile.gif both local and foreign?

And no, can no longer do top up. I meant earlier on smile.gif

This post has been edited by rachy: Feb 19 2013, 08:43 PM
rachy
post Feb 20 2013, 02:18 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(j.passing.by @ Feb 19 2013, 10:01 PM)
In my amateur and non-professional opinion, I don't think it is as easy as that. It's like on a race track, asking for tips - and the tips is only good for that race.

There's no shortcut if we want to pick winners every weekend without knowing a bit of the background of the horses and their past performances.

This analogy at the race track is still not closed enough, try imagining that you are the jockey and have to ride the horse too... we then have to match your size and weight and riding skills to the appropriate horse with its individual temperament as well.

Get the picture of the task at hand?

The best I can contribute here is a short brief on the funds you're having.
PSBF - Public Select Bond Fund
PEBF - Public Enhanced Bond Fund
PIEBF - Public Islamic Enhanced Bond Fund
PCSF - Public China Select Fund
PITTIKAL - Public Ittikal Fund

The 1st bond fund is closed for new investments and only open to investment via EPF. If you switched out, you cannot switch back in if it is not an EPF investment.

The 2nd and 3rd bond funds are special bond funds with up to 30% of the fund can be invested in equities by the fund manager. If not mistaken, they are also more or less also closed to new investments since you now need at least 100k to enter.

China Select - what more can be we say here, it is a stupid fund for stupid people like me - I lost money too, like 40% of what I put in.

So far this year, it is up 2.14%, but dropped a bit this month... and maybe a bit more today with Hang Seng Index down -1.02% and the H-Share (or Hang Seng China Enterprise) -1.79%. It is performing, since 1st Jan, better than China Titan Fund; and better than China Ittikal Fund which is in negative zone. (Slow horse is okay but if running backwards, how to win the race if it cannot reach the finish line?)

Public Ittikal - this fund is also closed except for investment via EPF. Not among the top local horses in 2012, but still gave an increment of 13% for the year. It is categorised by Public Mutual as a moderate fund. Personally, I would prefer Islamic Dividend Fund which is similarly categorised as a moderate fund.

Cheers... happy investing!
Thanks for all the info! smile.gif

Yep really regret purchasing PCSF, but was young and stupid that time and just listen to the consultant. Now waiting for even a small miracle so that I can recover at least some of my losses.

You guys think its a smart idea to switch out half or all of my PITTIKAL units to other UT?
rachy
post Feb 20 2013, 03:13 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Feb 20 2013, 02:59 PM)
Switched to what fund? Bond fund? Purpose?
I'm thinking to change to equity fund by other fund house- either Hwang or kenanga. I have enough bond funds already smile.gif

Wise to redeem all of PITTIKAL? Or should keep some?
rachy
post Apr 23 2013, 05:31 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

Hi all,

I believe I have too many bond funds and would like to take one out because I have another with another bank as well. So would appreciate your opinion on which one I should take out.

I currently have:

PEBF
PSBF
PIEBF

Which would be the best to take out if comparing returns to FD?

thanks! smile.gif
rachy
post Apr 25 2013, 05:36 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(birdman13200 @ Apr 23 2013, 10:15 PM)
It seen like u take my advice on 19 Feb to keep these 3 funds.
If u plan to further trim down the bond fund, my suggestion is PSBF, as it performance is worse compare to the other 2.
Thank you birdman, j.passing.by and david. Now researching on them smile.gif

I have the least in PIEBF currently and equal amounts in the other two, so thinking of doing that since PEBF and PIEBF are similar. If you don't mind me asking, actually what is the main difference between them except for the latter being shariah compliant? Does that make a difference in the performance of the fund? If that is way better than PSBF then might consider taking PSBF out instead. Wanted a better performing bond AmDynamic Bond but it is still closed!
rachy
post Dec 2 2014, 11:31 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

hi there,

appreciate some advice from all the seasoned investors here.

I am currently holding PSBF and PEBF for a long time. And from my calculation, PEBF has performed better than PSBF over the past few years, please correct me if I am wrong.

My question is, should I liquidate one of them (especially PSBF) and just go into FD since the rate difference is not much between the two?

Oh and also, do you think that now is a good time to be in cash (FD) rather than bonds due to the economic situation?

Thanks!

This post has been edited by rachy: Dec 2 2014, 11:32 PM
rachy
post Dec 3 2014, 10:36 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Dec 3 2014, 05:28 AM)
PEBF will usually outperform PSBF because it can invest into equities and has higher volatility than PSBF.

PSBF is a pure bond fund.
Yes that is indeed what I realized from my calculations.

Do you think taking it out and putting it into FD is good now rather than leaving it in there?

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0511sec    0.38    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:24 PM