Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> HiMedia Media Player, All about HiMedia

nyunyu
post Aug 26 2015, 02:06 AM

His Royal Highness
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(voncrane @ Aug 24 2015, 11:11 PM)
Good share bro... Perhaps, you could add which particular box model has such issue? Easier for people to avoid.
The quad core H8 definitely not recommended for those who want to use myiptv and hdtv app. Both myiptv and hdtv won't work. (workaround on hdtv is that within the app can turn off hw decoding but resulting in poor hd quality)

This post has been edited by nyunyu: Aug 26 2015, 12:11 PM
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dwRK
post Aug 26 2015, 08:59 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(cchean @ Aug 25 2015, 05:28 PM)
My experience with Q16 is  it can't play Cloud TV with the default player, need to install MXplayer to watch. Mine is firmware ver 1.07. I still do not know how to upgrade to 1.09, could not find
1.0.9 for quad core... http://bbs.himedia.cn/forum.php?mod=viewth...ge%3D2&mobile=2

I think cloud TV has its own player? I thought it played before I played/install mxplayer...but it was so long ago can't be sure...
+Quote Post
shenmui
post Aug 26 2015, 11:41 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(nyunyu @ Aug 26 2015, 02:06 AM)
The quad core H8 definitely not recommended. Both myiptv and hdtv won't work. (workaround on hdtv is that within the app can turn off hw decoding but resulting in poor hd quality)
Only H8 quad core..H8 octa core ok?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
nyunyu
post Aug 26 2015, 12:19 PM

His Royal Highness

QUOTE(shenmui @ Aug 26 2015, 11:41 AM)
Only H8 quad core..H8 octa core ok?
H8 itself (both quad core and octa core) is capable doing hardware decoding, it just that my issues with myiptv and hdtv was due to app incompatibility with this particular model.

Octa core version, haven't tested it but supposedly it would have no problem.
+Quote Post
shenmui
post Aug 26 2015, 02:08 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(nyunyu @ Aug 26 2015, 12:19 PM)
H8 itself (both quad core and octa core) is capable doing hardware decoding, it just that my issues with myiptv and hdtv was due to app incompatibility with this particular model.

Octa core version, haven't tested it but supposedly it would have no problem.
Ur problem is only pix quality?

This post has been edited by shenmui: Aug 26 2015, 02:09 PM
+Quote Post
cchean
post Aug 26 2015, 05:39 PM

QUOTE(dwRK @ Aug 26 2015, 08:59 AM)
1.0.9 for quad core... http://bbs.himedia.cn/forum.php?mod=viewth...ge%3D2&mobile=2

I think cloud TV has its own player? I thought it played before I played/install mxplayer...but it was so long ago can't be sure...
Hey thanks bro. Problem is...I can't read chinese. That's why I should've bought MiniX
+Quote Post
megahertz
post Aug 27 2015, 09:12 AM

i always smiling, problem?

guys, wat other things u do with ur android box beside streaming/watching movies ?

so far i hv installed astro-on-the-go, unifi-hypptv-everywhere and some app to streaming from my NAS movies collections and all these are streaming/watching movies.

quite bored, not sure wat thing to do with it.
+Quote Post
voncrane
post Aug 27 2015, 04:53 PM

On my way

QUOTE(megahertz @ Aug 27 2015, 09:12 AM)
guys, wat other things u do with ur android box beside streaming/watching movies ?

so far i hv installed astro-on-the-go, unifi-hypptv-everywhere and some app to streaming from my NAS movies collections and all these are streaming/watching movies.

quite bored, not sure wat thing to do with it.
Well, the primary reason is to be a media center. So in addition to streaming/watching movies, Its my audio center, plays audio files, podcasts and acts as a radio. I hooked up a PS3 controller and game a bit on it when I can... PS Emulators, Asphalt 8, Dead Trigger, Modern combat, etc (I reserve heavier gaming for the PC). Used to use my previous box as a torrent downloader to an external HD (Less electricity consumed + no need to copy here, there..). Some browse on their TV, I don't and find it improper to do so in the family room. Get a compatible webcam n mic, install Skype, hangouts, etc, and can chat with family n pals.

P.S. For more homely/nefarious activities... It can also act as a webcam + audio recorder.. icon_idea.gif

This post has been edited by voncrane: Aug 27 2015, 04:57 PM
+Quote Post

68 Pages « < 66 67 68Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0989sec    3.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 3rd September 2015 - 06:51 PM