Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

SPAM - SCAM Messages Awareness & Guideliness

views

Tanxy
post Dec 26 2018, 03:27 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(RetroMayday @ Nov 21 2018, 09:52 AM)
Received an SMS on Monday evening from 32324:
"RM0: Successful registration. No subscription fee. Price:RM4.00/SMS .7 SMS/Week.Renewal on 11/26/2018. To cancel, send STOP HS to 32324."

Checked credit. 15 sen mysteriously missing, left RM4.85. I had RM5 on this number which I'm using for cheap data. No proof that this SMS caused the missing amount as I didn't check for some time. Ignored because it might be wrongly sent. I had TAC for XOX app registration sent to my number few days prior probably by mistake (You have to manually input the phone number).

10 minutes later XOX sent repeating SMS telling my account has no available credit. Panicked. Rechecked credit. 85 sen left!

Immediately called XOX CS. He immediately confirmed it was scam number for premium SMS service (What the heck is 'premium SMS'?!). Asked if I wanted this incident to be reported for refund of RM4. Of course! Still waiting for refund. Will report SKMM if taking too long.
Did you manage to get your refund? My father kena and had no idea until I saw it when I went through his SMSes for OTP when I was helping him pay his bills.
okuribito
post Jan 7 2019, 12:01 PM

Regular
1,013 posts

Xploit Machine suggested new addition to SMS Gateway lists. 36635 = FiMobile = Forest Interactive??

Conclusion

Many think that network operators have the ability to prevent (block) numbers of external service providers. Ability to block is there, but the operator does not have the power to prevent a number unless directed in writing or direct instructions from the authorities (police, government and others). In addition, there are other users who may use the service and prevent the action would cause the number of users can not use the service.

How about giving the consumer the right to block / opt out of all interactions with ALL 3xxxx numbers for starters? It's like facebook gives us an option to opt out of certain things.

We can block phone numbers from calling or sending sms to us, BUT these 3xxxx numbers - seems they have direct access to our prepaid balances & ability to charge postpaid users. AND the only people who can stop that is the TELCO.

Anyone know the new minister? Or his Puchong service center special assistant etc?

This post has been edited by okuribito: Jan 7 2019, 12:03 PM
devilishshot666
post Jan 8 2019, 04:05 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(xyber9 @ Jul 9 2018, 05:51 PM)
Made a complain to Celcom and they said to contact another number. Contacted this number 03-58910995 Elite Entertainment Sdn Bhd this afternoon regarding my Celcom Xpax line which was charged for MYGSCAPE.  The lady said she will stop the service today.

When request for refund she said no because I click on the content.  When asked what content or item clicked she cannot give explanation just said is all over the place. Later said is this a scam she immediately put down the phone.  Made a complaint to SKMM.

How can they charge something without giving details of what they charge.  There was no SMS or any email saying that agreed to sign up for their services.
I have the same charges last year and few times in a month or so . Tried googling this Elite Entertainment sdn bhd and found many images and links and best part is Elite is the member of CMCF!

Saw the complaints on CMCF portal complaint #128 http://www.cmcf.my/download/Complaints%20B...r%20Website.pdf and it shows 2012 for elite entertainment and this has been going on for ages. ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by devilishshot666: Jan 8 2019, 04:47 PM
okuribito
post Jan 8 2019, 04:56 PM

Regular
1,013 posts

That's only for 2012. Just imagine how many hundreds of cases are reported todate.

BUT also imagine how many hundred thousands more cases NOT reported

I just wonder if MCMC have any intention to solve this problem or not? It's not a new problem.

suelin
post Jan 8 2019, 06:19 PM

4 posts

Hi all,

I would like to ask if anyone encountered receiving sms with a bunch of digits (attached) before. I get one such sms every other day but I don't think I am being charged.

So far I've been deleting and blocking but I still keep getting them from a new number each day. Any one has any clue what these messages are and have successfully stopped them?

Apologies in advance if this topic doesn't quality as scam and am happy to start a new thread if necessary. Also thanks in advance for any input.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
nightsrver96
post Feb 23 2019, 11:33 AM

9 posts

H,i I would like to ask on how to stop this subscribtion

user posted image

when i did the unsubscribe option it returned saying im not subscribe..

user posted image

I dont know how I got this msg from the first place.. anyone know how to stop this?
makky
post Mar 5 2019, 10:43 AM

Casual
311 posts

QUOTE(nightsrver96 @ Feb 23 2019, 12:33 PM)

user posted image

when i did the unsubscribe option it returned saying im not subscribe..

user posted image

I dont know how I got this msg from the first place.. anyone know how to stop this?
Did u manage to stop spam from 33282? I notice my dad phone got the same problem.
idoblu
post Mar 22 2019, 08:37 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

user posted image

my elderly aunt lost at least RM60 to these scammers
I found this on her sms messages. She doesnt even know how to read or reply SMS. As you can see, she is using a classic Nokia phone
How can the telco let such thing to happen? They should ban all these. Only the telco should be allowed to deduct our credits, not some 3rd party

can somebody explain to me how they can do this? From this SMS, I dont even know what she is subscribed to. It says no subscription fees, so on what basis are they deducting money for?

Telco - Hotlink Prepaid. I was informed that there are two that my aunt's number is subscribed to - 36989 and 36881.

This post has been edited by idoblu: Mar 22 2019, 08:40 PM
okuribito
post Mar 23 2019, 12:27 AM

Regular
1,013 posts

QUOTE(nightsrver96 @ Feb 23 2019, 11:33 AM)

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

QUOTE(makky @ Mar 5 2019, 10:43 AM)
Did u manage to stop spam from 33282? I notice my dad phone got the same problem.
QUOTE(idoblu @ Mar 22 2019, 08:37 PM)
user posted image

my elderly aunt lost at least RM60 to these scammers
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Get in touch with your telco live chat (most should have, right?) and literally fucuk them until they do something to refund your money ... copy or snap the chat transcript as evidence use eg send to MCMC. Also lodge complaint with MCMC. Remember no need to be gentlemen with them - fucuk kaw kaw. Telco is responsible because they allow these bastards to take money out of your account
idoblu
post Mar 25 2019, 09:48 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

So I got a call from Maxis after my complaint to MCMC
They looked through their logs and found that "I send an SMS to subscribed to the service"

Now the person who is using the line dont even know English and neither does she knows how to SMS.

Im just wondering, you guys kena all these - did you reply or did you do nothing and still kena all these scams?
okuribito
post Mar 25 2019, 11:14 PM

Regular
1,013 posts

most ppl dunno what to do, feel at a loss, like nothing can do. so these basterds carry on... 50sen here, 50 sen there..... adds up to millions! telco got no motivation to do anything cos they def untung everytime u sms & handle any transfer of fund from your acct to these basterds.

complain to telco & say u want them to block all 3series numbers & to disable interacting with those 3series . write to mcmc under the same case ref # telling them u ask telco to block 3series #

i dun see why mcmc cannot impose a rule saying that by default telco cannot allow 3 series to contact any subscriber. And only those who actively opt in to interact with 3series can do so... interact means to receive notifications /ads /offers & to send messages in reply / to subscribe

If everybody petition mcmc, maybe we'll get somewhere
Malaysian99
post Apr 12 2019, 12:35 PM

Getting Started
103 posts

No wonder so many scammers in Malaysia like Macau scam, parcel scam and so on, even a big company also deduct customers credit balance even they didn't subscribed. Same case here my parents don't know how to sms, also kena.
Come on, son of Mashit 's boss became a monk, wonder why he still want to earn so much money for what? And this scam sms are theif, not a legal business.

This post has been edited by Malaysian99: Apr 12 2019, 12:45 PM
Malaysian99
post May 14 2019, 08:48 AM

Getting Started
103 posts

Fxxking retarded maxis, after stop all scam sms by calling service centre, I check my father's phone regularly, yesterday I found another scam sms (registration successful RM0.00) received by 11/5 2pm, then another RM2 sms received in 9 pm, fuuking retarded Maxis, my father not even knows how to use sms, how to register ur service?
How many times u want to cheat hotlink customers by this trick?
What MCMC are doing? Sleeping?
okuribito
post May 14 2019, 11:49 AM

Regular
1,013 posts

QUOTE(Malaysian99 @ May 14 2019, 08:48 AM)
Fxxking retarded maxis, after stop all scam sms by calling service centre, I check my father's phone regularly, yesterday I found another scam sms (registration successful RM0.00) received by 11/5 2pm, then another RM2 sms received in 9 pm, fuuking retarded Maxis, my father not even knows how to use sms, how to register ur service? 
How many times u want to cheat hotlink customers by this trick?
What MCMC are doing? Sleeping?
kasi complain to minister then we know what gobind singh doing mad.gif
mfiazl
post Jun 8 2019, 10:56 AM

29 posts

user posted image

Just got charged for GAME HERO i did not subscribe, call celcom service centre and they said it comes from 3rd party and i accidentally clicked. gosh i know la what i click... they helped to cancel it and apparently the rm3 charged is not refundable....

any proper channel to report this? appreciate any advise..
inquiries
post Jun 8 2019, 07:02 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

You can always report to https://aduan.skmm.gov.my/ and follow up with them.

The spams in Malaysia is really getting worse.
mfiazl
post Jun 8 2019, 09:38 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(inquiries @ Jun 8 2019, 07:02 PM)
You can always report to https://aduan.skmm.gov.my/ and follow up with them.

The spams in Malaysia is really getting worse.
alritey. thankss
nvvbie123 P
post Jun 15 2019, 08:49 AM

Probation
21 posts

QUOTE(Fazab @ May 27 2018, 10:58 AM)
As expected, std answer from Celcom, no responsibility
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for your e-mail.

Reference is made to your concern raised via Contact Us Form, pertaining to the above matter.

Firstly, we regret to inform you that we are unable to respond your enquiry or grant you any rebate as requested.

However, if you wish to stop the subscription or request for rebate, kindly to contact or email the content provider directly as per below details;

1. Hungama (39243): +912266664646 or support@hungama.com
2. Mobbil (39151): support@rbilling.net
3. Spuul (39148): +91 9819722289 or support@spuul.com
4. Erosnow (39239): +91- 7827524891 or eros.ops@56060.in
5. Macro (39287): support@macrokiosk.com or www.macrokiosk.com
6. SVA Y Tech (39137): ma@helpdeskcc.com
7. Altruist (39293): +91-7508060767 or support.celcom@altruistindia.com
8. Universal Ventures (39128): paulyn@mobigods.net
9. Vuclip Game (39249): +60192081638 or Nurzana.malek@vuclip.com
10. Ionnex (39283): +03 -2722 7130 support@ionnex.com or http://bolavaganza.inikanbola.my/ or http://h5.xenoplay.com/
11. MNC Wireless (39267): 03-74910666 or customerservice@moblife.tv

We hoped that the above could clarify the situation and we appeal for your kind understanding in this circumstance.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I am filing report to MCMC. I think I lost easily RM10 a month on two SIM cards.
So, telco cannot help us to unsubscribe the content?

I got this message:
RM0 TQ 4 subscribing Hungama Movie App at 7 RM at RM7.00/1 week. Next renewal 21/06/19. To cancel,go2 http://msisdn.mife-aoc.com/celcom/aoc/s/dT...8q5N1jbzg==8UJn or send STOP to 39243. Info support@hungama.com

I replied STOP, but nothing happens. The link also didnt work. So i have to email this hungama? (They will get my email address then.. Ugh). Will the company unsubscribe it for us, or will it scam us?

nvvbie123 P
post Jun 15 2019, 09:34 AM

Probation
21 posts

QUOTE(bub01 @ Aug 15 2018, 07:39 PM)
Adding my own experience with sms scam, it's unique because I suspect that I automatically got subscribed to the scam by registering my phone number with "Carousell". You have to register a phone number to verify your account just like registering a new email.

The fraudulent sms came within seconds of clicking the confirm/affirmation button, it came even before the sms with pin used to verify my account arrived.

The fraudulent sms I got first was:

I ignored it as I did most weird junk messages. I didn't suspect anything was wrong until I got another sms the next day.

RM4 credit was deducted for a lame sms with random statement that I didn't subscribed to in the first place  ranting.gif

Apparently my silence was deemed to be acceptance, this is of course isn't right or legal in general.

Took some time and found the "proper" way to handle this matter.

According to MCMC I should follow the "Complaint Circle".

https://www.mcmc.gov.my/make-a-complaint/complaint-circle
user posted image

Generally that's how it should work.

My experience personally is that you should skip CMCF, I had issues with their online complaint form, it didn't work at all, I am not even sure if my complaint I sent about it not working was sent. For CFM, their "how to complaint " page has big bolded red letters referring you directly to SKMM and clicking on it does just that, for a while I wondered why I should go through CFM and not just complaint directly to SKMM...

I reported the matter to my telecommunications provider (Celcom), Carousell and SKMM in order but in the same hour or so. My complaint for all three is roughly:

The next day I received a reply from my telco:

Good news is my telco has stopped it, bad news is that I have to deal with the scammers myself for my rebate? ranting.gif I didn't do anything as I have already made a complaint to SKMM. Few days later I received this:

To simplify, you should generally complain to your telecommunication provider first i.e. for billing or services issues and then escalate the matter to the higher authorities if it isn't solved. However for complex cases like repeating scams that involve numerous parties there should be an exception and SKMM should be informed from the beginning. The parties are:

The website with suspected security issues in registration system (Carousell), the scammer (Belive Mobile Sdn Bhd), telecommunications provider (my telco is Celcom but should depend on what number you used to verify with) and SKMM.

RM4 doesn't seem like a lot of money but it adds up to a significant amount for every victim that didn't complain or fought for their refund.
i dont understand. Your telco helped you unsubscribe the content? But then it says if you want to unsubscribe, need to contact the content provider by yourself?

So we need to contact the content provider (scammer) by ourselves? Will they even unsubscribe it for us? Will it not be dangerous?
nvvbie123 P
post Jun 15 2019, 09:49 AM

Probation
21 posts

QUOTE(nvvbie123 @ Jun 15 2019, 08:49 AM)
So, telco cannot help us to unsubscribe the content?

I got this message:
RM0 TQ 4 subscribing Hungama Movie App at 7 RM  at RM7.00/1 week. Next renewal  21/06/19. To cancel,go2 http://msisdn.mife-aoc.com/celcom/aoc/s/dT...8q5N1jbzg==8UJn or send STOP to 39243. Info support@hungama.com

I replied STOP, but nothing happens. The link also didnt work. So i have to email this hungama? (They will get my email address then.. Ugh). Will the company unsubscribe it for us, or will it scam us?
Funny the link didnt work when i clicked it from the sms message that i received, but worked when i clicked it in this forum. It went to Celcom Billing page for the content.

Thank God, successfully unsubscribe the content!
Sending STOP didnt work though, wonder why.

i didnt file a complaint for refund though.. Maybe i should.. How can we be subscribed to something automatically, even though we may have accidentally clicked the ads? It should come with confirmation button, or login... But there was nothing like that.

18 Pages « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0165sec    0.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:20 PM