Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Glucosamine - athritis

views

TSpucman
post Jul 20 2007, 06:14 PM, updated 17y ago

Casual
319 posts

Anybody using this livewell brand for glucosamine sulphate ? It is cheap but is it effective ?

phoenix
post Jul 20 2007, 09:07 PM

Life is all about running...
2,529 posts

I took GNC's Glucosamine 750MG with Chrondotine 650MG and it works wonder. Currently taking Kordels Glucosamine 550MG to maintain.
TSpucman
post Jul 20 2007, 09:11 PM

Casual
319 posts

QUOTE(phoenix @ Jul 20 2007, 09:07 PM)
I took GNC's Glucosamine 750MG with Chrondotine 650MG and it works wonder. Currently taking Kordels Glucosamine 550MG to maintain.
Is GNC the same as livewell brand ?

How long before you can see the improvement in GNC for your athritis ?

Why did u switch to kordel if GNC is effective ?

phoenix
post Jul 20 2007, 09:13 PM

2,529 posts

Errr... Does this livewell have a website. GNC's motto is Live Well so I'm not sure whether is it the same thing you are referring to?

I seen improvements in around 2 months. And I switched to Kordel cause GNC too expensive. GNC has Chrondotine in it which futher helps repair. If no repair is needed, just take Glucosamine Sulphate.
TSpucman
post Jul 20 2007, 10:21 PM

Casual
319 posts

QUOTE(phoenix @ Jul 20 2007, 09:13 PM)
Errr... Does this livewell have a website. GNC's motto is Live Well so I'm not sure whether is it the same thing you are referring to?

I seen improvements in around 2 months. And I switched to Kordel cause GNC too expensive. GNC has Chrondotine in it which futher helps repair. If no repair is needed, just take Glucosamine Sulphate.
when u say 'improvements', you mean you can run now ? Now I can only walk but not run. Tell me what was the improvements... ie. before taking and after taking.

I think Live well is just a brand of GNC.

Thanks for the info. I was afraid of being cheated. mad.gif

Too many fake products around.

phoenix
post Jul 21 2007, 12:26 AM

2,529 posts

Well... I am a runner. You can see how active I am in the marathoner's thread here. I used to have Runner's Knee, meaning thining of the knee cartilage wall. I stop running due to that and has been researching on how can I cope with it. This is where I learnt of Glucosamine so I drop by at GNC and went through their catalogue. And from there I chose this product. After thaking for 2 months, I felt so much better than I can start to jog. And after 3 months, of taking it, I ran the KL International Marathon 42KM without any problems. So to me, Glucosamine saved my knee.
TSpucman
post Jul 21 2007, 12:50 AM

Casual
319 posts

QUOTE(phoenix @ Jul 21 2007, 12:26 AM)
Well... I am a runner. You can see how active I am in the marathoner's thread here. I used to have Runner's Knee, meaning thining of the knee cartilage wall. I stop running due to that and has been researching on how can I cope with it. This is where I learnt of Glucosamine so I drop by at GNC and went through their catalogue. And from there I chose this product. After thaking for 2 months, I felt so much better than I can start to jog. And after 3 months, of taking it, I ran the KL International Marathon 42KM without any problems. So to me, Glucosamine saved my knee.
Thank you very much for the info. notworthy.gif

Hopefully I will be able to run again after taking this. I have a bit of knee pain too.

It is not really expensive if you know where to buy. I saw one shop that sells 2 boxes (250mg per tablet) of glusosamine and one box of condrotine together as one packet selling for around 60++.

This post has been edited by pucman: Jul 21 2007, 12:50 AM
Lurker
post Jul 21 2007, 01:21 AM

L U R K I N G
Group Icon
Elite
4,286 posts

gnc and live well products i think is different

live well is more famous for their Q-gels
jones007
post Jul 21 2007, 02:30 AM

Internets Super Heroes LOLWUT
8,878 posts

QUOTE(phoenix @ Jul 20 2007, 09:07 PM)
walau eh so high dosage? i'm taking arthril 250mg glucosamine sulphate only leh rclxub.gif with Consulf chondroitin sulphate 400mg. but i seldom take chondroitin la. got these from pantai medical center.

ps : pucman, the legendary anti smoker thread in kopitiam lol
phoenix
post Jul 21 2007, 11:48 PM

2,529 posts

QUOTE(pucman @ Jul 21 2007, 12:50 AM)
Thank you very much for the info.� notworthy.gif

Hopefully I will be able to run again after taking this. I have a bit of knee pain too.

It is not really expensive if you know where to buy. I saw one shop that sells 2 boxes (250mg per tablet) of glusosamine and one box of condrotine together as one packet selling for around 60++.
The contents says it all. Only 250MG. Look at the dosage per tablet I'm taking.

QUOTE(jones007 @ Jul 21 2007, 02:30 AM)
walau eh so high dosage? i'm taking arthril 250mg glucosamine sulphate only leh rclxub.gif with Consulf chondroitin sulphate 400mg. but i seldom take chondroitin la. got these from pantai medical center.
Our body can take up to 1500MG of Glucosamine a day. As for Chrondroitin, it's very strong and people tend to take if got serious problem. Not easy to find also.

This post has been edited by phoenix: Jul 21 2007, 11:50 PM
phunkydude
post Jul 22 2007, 11:05 PM

FuNkT@st|c~
2,385 posts

phoenix, are you sure u got the right term?

glucosamine sulphate - helps to produce the "lubricant" tongue.gif

chondroitin sulphate - helps maintaining the "lubricant" as in slowing down the process of catrilage breakdown.

hope u can do more research before consuming it. hehehh tongue.gif

TSpucman
post Jul 23 2007, 06:10 PM

Casual
319 posts

QUOTE(phunkydude @ Jul 22 2007, 11:05 PM)

chondroitin sulphate - helps maintaining the "lubricant" as in slowing down the process of catrilage breakdown.

i'm confused myself woh. must take both or take one type ?

anyway, I bought glucosamine and chondroitin today. Livewell brand, the pharmacist said it is local brand and not the same as GNC livewell.

I think that local company want to confuse people and buy their product. anyway, hopefully it will be effective for me. If not vmad.gif mad.gif
phoenix
post Jul 23 2007, 08:50 PM

2,529 posts

QUOTE(phunkydude @ Jul 22 2007, 11:05 PM)

I am using layman terms here. If I start using scientific terms, I don't think many will understand. By the way, I have done my research long time ago. The "lubricant" is called synovial cavity or fluid and is produced in the synovial membrane which surrounds the articular cartilage. Do you know of this? Want me to elaborate more? Maybe you should start doing some studying too. smile.gif

QUOTE(pucman @ Jul 23 2007, 06:10 PM)

anyway, I bought glucosamine and chondroitin today. Livewell brand, the pharmacist said it is local brand and not the same as GNC livewell.

I think that local company want to confuse people and buy their product. anyway, hopefully it will be effective for me. If not� vmad.gifmad.gif
Yah. I saw the ad in the papers yesterday. Manufactured locally by some company call Pahang Pharmaceutical.

This post has been edited by phoenix: Jul 23 2007, 09:06 PM
TSpucman
post Jul 23 2007, 11:24 PM

Casual
319 posts

QUOTE(phoenix @ Jul 23 2007, 08:50 PM)
By the way, I have done my research long time ago. . I saw the ad in the papers yesterday. Manufactured locally by some company call Pahang Pharmaceutical.
how much u buy from kordel per tablet ?

I just looked at live-well brand. they asked me to take one tablet 500 mg twice a day. ie. one day 1000 mg or 1 g. Do you think it is enough ?

furthermore, the chrondroitin sulphate 250 mg , chicken collage type 2 200 mg in one tablet also twice a day.

So I paid 60 tablets of 500 mg glucosamine with free 60 tablets of chrodroitin 250 mg for just RM 63.

Do you think it is cheap or not ?

phunkydude
post Jul 24 2007, 12:42 AM

FuNkT@st|c~
2,385 posts

I am using layman terms here. If I start using scientific terms, I don't think many will understand. By the way, I have done my research long time ago. The "lubricant" is called synovial cavity or fluid and is produced in the synovial membrane which surrounds the articular cartilage. Do you know of this? Want me to elaborate more? Maybe you should start doing some studying too.  smile.gif

anyway, it's a fact that chondroitin sulphate is to maintain as in slowing down the catrilage breakdown..
but NOT repairing or u so-called for more SERIOUS condition.

Added on July 24, 2007, 12:54 am

consult doctor for more professional advice, i'd say.

some ppl just go for glucosamine, coz for them it's effective.
this is because, glucosamine is for producing the "lubricant".
"not enough.. -> feel pain ... ->eat glucosamine ... -> feels ok"
so when u eat glucosamine as ur daily supplementary consuption... of course that.. u'll feel ok... and think glucosamine does the right thing.
but once u stop eating it.. , ur "lubricant" not maintain well... it wears out too fast..
so u stop eating it, ur joints pain will come back immediately... coz it cannot maintain well.. while all these while eating glucosamine that only "produce".

however, for those who prefer to eat it for lifetime non-stop... obviously they won't feel the pain back.
that's thier choice though..

This post has been edited by phunkydude: Jul 24 2007, 12:54 AM
chengcheng
post Feb 7 2009, 08:50 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

QUOTE(phunkydude @ Jul 24 2007, 12:42 AM)
anyway, it's a fact that chondroitin sulphate is to maintain as in slowing down the catrilage breakdown.. 
but NOT repairing or u so-called for more SERIOUS condition.

Added on July 24, 2007, 12:54 am

consult doctor for more professional advice, i'd say.

some ppl just go for glucosamine, coz for them it's effective.
this is because, glucosamine is for producing the "lubricant".
"not enough.. -> feel pain ...  ->eat glucosamine ... -> feels ok"
so when u eat glucosamine as ur daily supplementary consuption...  of course that..  u'll feel ok... and think glucosamine does the right thing.
but once u stop eating it.. , ur "lubricant" not maintain well... it wears out too fast..
so u stop eating it, ur joints pain will come back immediately... coz it cannot maintain well..  while all these while eating glucosamine that only "produce".

however,  for those who prefer to eat it for lifetime non-stop... obviously they won't feel the pain back.
that's thier choice though..
I am taking Kordel's Glucosamine 550. It has higher strength and most of my pharmacist friend recommends it.

This is because some of the customers says that Live-well Glucosamine is not effective.

So far, Kordel's Glucosamine is pretty effective and I have been taking it for more than 6 months now. Most importantly, Kordel's Glucosamine 550 is sodium free. Sodium is bad and may cause high blood pressure and kidney stones.

Not sure about GNCs but it is really expensive. With the economic downturn... $$$ we have to find ways to save $$$$. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by chengcheng: Feb 7 2009, 08:52 PM
basSist
post Feb 7 2009, 11:56 PM

Don't look at my stars
3,566 posts

Try to take glucosamine HCl instead of glucosamine sulfate.

What form of Glucosamine Should I take?
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

The difference between them and which one should you choose.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by basSist: Feb 8 2009, 01:53 AM
malaysianPotato
post Feb 8 2009, 12:53 AM

I need more space to write stuff here...
Group Icon
Elite
2,816 posts

Credit sources of your copy-pastes.
slushie
post Feb 8 2009, 12:59 AM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(pucman @ Jul 20 2007, 09:11 PM)
Is GNC the same as livewell brand ?

How long before you can see the improvement in GNC for your athritis ?

Why did u switch to kordel if GNC is effective ?
GNC is an American brand smile.gif.. they have their own special outlet, not sold in pharmacies
chengcheng
post Feb 9 2009, 09:06 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

QUOTE(slushie @ Feb 8 2009, 12:59 AM)
GNC is an American brand smile.gif.. they have their own special outlet, not sold in pharmacies
Look out for 'Salt Free' Glucosamine.

You don't want to have High Blood Pressure or put on weight unneccsary. Extra salt cause water to be kept in the body.

So make sure it is Salt Free... Most Glucosamine that is 'Salt Free' will carry the word 'Sodium Free'.

My mum was taking Viatril-S and her blood pressure was really high. It was then a pharmacist in Guardian recommends that she take Kordel's Glucosamine 550 that is 'salt free' that she is able to control her blood pressure.

I am so pleased that her blood pressure is well controlled now.

Dannyl
post Mar 3 2009, 09:28 AM

what the fucuk-yimai
6,113 posts

QUOTE(chengcheng @ Feb 7 2009, 08:50 PM)
I am taking Kordel's Glucosamine 550. It has higher strength and most of my pharmacist friend recommends it.

This is because some of the customers says that Live-well Glucosamine is not effective.

So far, Kordel's Glucosamine is pretty effective and I have been taking it for more than 6 months now. Most importantly, Kordel's Glucosamine 550 is sodium free. Sodium is bad and may cause high blood pressure and kidney stones.

Not sure about GNCs but it is really expensive. With the economic downturn... $$$ we have to find ways to save $$$$.  rolleyes.gif
Hello chengcheng, what conditions were you taking the glucosamine for? Did you see improvements? I'm currently have 'creaky' left knee and ankle and would like to try glucosamine/chondroitin and see if it helps. Now surveying for the brand. Thanks.
ICC
post May 15 2009, 12:49 PM

1 posts

Hi All,

In fact just would like to share with you guys that GNC LiveWell and LiveWell & StayWell are both different brands.

GNC LiveWell is the largest supplements franchisee among worldwide as all of their products are manufactured in US. Livewell & staywell is own by Pahang Pharmacy, which is one of the local manufacturer. According to the pharmacist, Pahang pharmacy actually purchase the tablets from outside then repack theirselves.

In a laymen term, glucosamine helps to stimulate the cartilage regorwth (repairing the torn-off cartilage that caused by aging, always carry heavy weight or repeating movement). Chondroitin helps to stimulate joint fluid production. So in fact they 2 work together.

For those who have joint problem, researches shown that a daily intake of 1500mg glucosamine and 1200mg of chondroitin will significantlly help in cartilage repairing. This is the reason GNC always highlight they have higher dosage as for those who have joint pain they jus need to take 2 tablets/day then jus enough.

For kordel's and pahang pharmacy, i would say kordel's provide enough nutrients to joint. But for myself, i m actually one of the GNC supporter. Although their price is slightly higher, but i more believe into the quality as good quality nutrients only help more to the joints, and able to c results faster. Currently i purchase the glucosamine 750 chondroitin 600 for my mum. it is convinient also as old people dont like to swallow pills much, then one day take 2 tablets will do.

With regards to the "sodium free". I did some research b4, in fact some of the glucosamine products contain sodium, however is jus a very little amount, would not affect much (unless for those sever high blood pressure patients, they need to strictly monitor). So for those people who have abit higher blood pressure, they are still fine, but they need to monitor their blood pressure and the sodium content from FOOD more! as the food that we taken contribute more sodium to our body instead of supplements!

daily intake of sodium should b 3000mg/day. so do you think how much u ald get from instant noodles, fried food, preserved food? So for myself, sodium free glucosamine is not a big deal to elderly people, but for those who are under any medication, they should consult their family doctor but not the pharmacist outside as your family doctor understand your situation most!
tigerdog
post May 15 2009, 04:55 PM

9 posts

my father is 60+ years old
having knee pain problem and he is taking glucosamine sulphate from Goldlife. i think it is also eco....but i dont know how good it works...bcz guys sholud know old man sometimes said good when he dont want us to worry abt him.
myremi
post May 17 2009, 01:16 AM

Regular
1,846 posts

QUOTE(ICC @ May 15 2009, 12:49 PM)
With regards to the "sodium free". I did some research b4, in fact some of the glucosamine products contain sodium, however is jus a very little amount, would not affect much (unless for those sever high blood pressure patients, they need to strictly monitor). So for those people who have abit higher blood pressure, they are still fine, but they need to monitor their blood pressure and the sodium content from FOOD more! as the food that we taken contribute more sodium to our body instead of supplements!

daily intake of sodium should b 3000mg/day. so do you think how much u ald get from instant noodles, fried food, preserved food? So for myself, sodium free glucosamine is not a big deal to elderly people, but for those who are under any medication, they should consult their family doctor but not the pharmacist outside as your family doctor understand your situation most!
At the moment, different govts around the world and WHO cannot come to a common consensus about the daily intake of sodium. The US is recommending 2300 mg/day. Asian countries are 5000 mg/day. I think UK was something like 3000 mg/day. The reasons cited was that it will be too demanding a lifestyle change to do so.

It is very hard to get rid of sodium in the medication that we see today. It's easier in the US because of the belief that lower sodium helps ppl with heart problems. WHO doesn't deny this either but they do not recommend the US limits for the reasons stated in the previous paragraph.

I'm currently taking sodium-free glucosamine tablets. Don't want to aggravate my blood pressure atm while I'm trying to bring it back down.
blo0dx
post May 18 2009, 01:09 PM

49 posts

Glucosamine is considered to be below average in terms of controlling inflammation. Joint pains are commonly caused by inflammation. Of course, it is enough to control mild pain but not those severe and/or chronic ones.
myremi
post May 18 2009, 05:47 PM

Regular
1,846 posts

QUOTE(blo0dx @ May 18 2009, 01:09 PM)
Glucosamine is considered to be below average in terms of controlling inflammation. Joint pains are commonly caused by inflammation. Of course, it is enough to control mild pain but not those severe and/or chronic ones.
Taken by itself yes. But taken in conjuction with other antioxidants, it has been found to help with joint pains. But you'll have to take it for quite a long period of time. Perhaps only after 3-6 months of taking it, you'll see some improvements.
blo0dx
post May 18 2009, 10:22 PM

49 posts

The use of antioxidants for pain, which is an acute condition may not be proper depending on the condition. Pain, commonly caused by inflammation as stated previously, is more effective in relieving + reversing the pain.
Therefore, anti-inflammation food/supplements is more important.
myremi
post May 18 2009, 10:45 PM

Regular
1,846 posts

QUOTE(blo0dx @ May 18 2009, 10:22 PM)
Pain, commonly caused by inflammation as stated previously, is more effective in relieving + reversing the pain.
Errr... u might want to correct this statement?
blo0dx
post May 19 2009, 12:07 PM

49 posts

ROFLMAO i cant believe i wrote that.... my bad.

*Pain, commonly caused by inflammation as stated previously, should be treated with anti inflammation supplements to relieve + reverse the condition.*

This post has been edited by blo0dx: May 19 2009, 12:10 PM
myremi
post May 19 2009, 03:43 PM

Regular
1,846 posts

LOL! I get like that too sometimes. Need to defocus a bit and relax.

There are a set of guidelines that I follow with my nutritional supplements but I'm not sure whether it's ok to post it up, since it's copyrighted and came from a book. When I compare the amount I'm taking to the recommended dosage on the bottle, it seem to be matching.

Part of the supplements, I take glucosamine and it's working for my knees. My cartilage was growing less but since then, haven't gone for another check although I feel less pain in the knees now.
blo0dx
post May 19 2009, 05:25 PM

49 posts

Cartillage wearing off cannot be resolved by Glucosamine as it only controls inflammation. Its a matter of time where the pain, probably from the same spot, strikes you again.

The permanent solution should be the regeneration of the cartillage.
myremi
post May 19 2009, 06:19 PM

Regular
1,846 posts

Read my post. I don't take glucosamine alone for the regeneration of cartillage. However, haven't verified if the cartilage is growing back as it needs an X-Ray scan to check if the bones are further apart or not.

Hmm...and I think it would be a good idea if you just come clean with the product that you want to sell. I.e. just tell us about it. I don't think the mods will lock the thread as long as the discussion is generic and it's not a sales pitch. The worst they can do is leave a shadow topic in H&F and move it over to the Trade section of LYN.
blo0dx
post May 20 2009, 02:42 PM

49 posts

I am not and will not sell any product in here due to policies.
I am just suggesting how would i solve the problem if i face it.

Sometimes you dont need to think too much. Imagine yourself from my point of view... its really funny to see people saying that i try to sell my products. I never even mention anything about products. Stereotyping is not for everyone.

This post has been edited by blo0dx: May 20 2009, 02:53 PM
myremi
post May 20 2009, 04:02 PM

Regular
1,846 posts

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/971787

If you could do it like this guy did, you wouldn't be crossing the policies and probably safe to talk about your products provided it's in a generic manner. This post is also stickied and never went down.

jialat took the neutral stand and talk about the different products out there, including the ones that he sells. He was transparent about it and included a link on what kind of business he's doing.

Admittedly, I had a gut reaction to your posting so I apologize for that. I realized I objected more to the way that you posted rather than the content. As well as the usage of words.

This post has been edited by myremi: May 20 2009, 04:02 PM
BuFung
post May 20 2009, 11:38 PM

8,407 posts

me too taking Glucosamite + Condrotin....

knee start to have problem some years back.. because of sport.. badminton... ... I believe my cartilage are injured.... but didnt do any scan....

X-ray cannot tell if ur cartilage have problem.. it can only tell how close is the space between the up n low bone of ur leg...
blo0dx
post May 21 2009, 11:17 AM

49 posts

Is it very difficult to believe that i will NOT sell any products in here?

myremi
post May 21 2009, 11:44 AM

Regular
1,846 posts

QUOTE(BuFung @ May 20 2009, 11:38 PM)
me too taking Glucosamite + Condrotin....

knee start to have problem some years back..  because of sport..  badminton... ...  I believe my cartilage are injured....  but didnt do any scan....

X-ray cannot tell if ur cartilage have problem..  it can only tell how close is the space between the up n low bone of ur leg...
I saw an orthopaedic doctor lah. He was the one that ask me to take the X-Ray. That's when we saw how bad my knees were. The kneecap was touching the bone. He suspected that my cartilage was wearing thin or that my weight was the one making it worst. So losing weight now but need to help the knee abit. Taking glucosamine and condrotin. tongue.gif
felicious
post May 24 2009, 02:48 AM

Regular
Group Icon
VIP
1,430 posts

Something wrong if a 21 year old girl has creaking knee since 13?

Not only creaking knee, but arm as well.
basSist
post May 24 2009, 09:58 AM

Don't look at my stars
3,566 posts

QUOTE(felicious @ May 24 2009, 02:48 AM)
Something wrong if a 21 year old girl has creaking knee since 13?

Not only creaking knee, but arm as well.
She feels pain when creaking?
felicious
post May 24 2009, 11:47 AM

Regular
Group Icon
VIP
1,430 posts

QUOTE(basSist @ May 24 2009, 09:58 AM)
She feels pain when creaking?
Nope, no pain smile.gif

player29
post Jun 23 2009, 11:18 PM

3 posts

You may try this - TGC (Transdermal Glucosamine Cream) to apply on the affected part. My dad is 73 years old and was having knee problem, after using this, feel much more better now. It is more effective than those oral solution.
carol_lhs
post May 10 2010, 09:26 PM

Validating
9 posts

Hey guys, i need some assistance here, im currently lifting weights and i guess i hurt my Shoulder joint, so even if im just holding a weighted barbell, my right shoulder hurts. My trainer suspects its the same shoulder problem his got too. So he advised me to rest, and maybe take some glucosamine.
Which would you recommend me buying, as i saw the Glucosaming and Chondroitin, not sure which to take. Please advise.
ccheryl
post May 11 2010, 10:38 AM

20 posts

my dad is taking procosa2 which contain glucosamine and tumeric. Glucosamine and turmeric are powerful ingredients that work together to provide lasting support.
ctphua
post Jul 25 2010, 09:39 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

if u wish to get gnc product i can give advice.. see my sign
ahpoh
post Jul 26 2010, 12:49 AM

Casual
376 posts

live well is by pahang pharmacy
GNC is by itself cater more for higher income group

Glucosamine is to help you to supplement , but condratin is reduce pain. if the worse case one should go for injection.
Kain_Sicilian
post Jul 26 2010, 10:31 AM

Not So Friendly
844 posts

Do take chondroitin along with glucosamine. It synergises the effect.
fash
post Feb 16 2011, 11:49 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

I think that local company want to confuse people and buy their product. anyway, hopefully it will be effective for me. If not  vmad.gif  mad.gif
I have done my result into this subject. Just want to share in layman terms:-

1. Glucosamine Sulphate (GS) is the basic component of the cartilage. GS will produce the matrix of the cartilage including the fluid or you call it the lubricant in between the cartilages. Sulphate acts as a glue to bind the GS

2. Chondroin sulphate (CS) is a polymer of GS. The molecule weight for CS is 10,000 dalton and above whereas, GS is 456.62 dalton. Many GS makes CS. In simple term, CS is Sugar, GS is Glucose. If you take sufficient GS, there is no need to take CS, because eventually CS will be broken down to GS in the intestine and the huge molecule makes it difficult to be absorb. So, do you take a flight or drive to Singapore?

3. Recent studies show that sometimes arthritis (Osteo) affects the bone, Combination of GS + CS have some effect on preventing accessive bone breakdown which affects Arthritis.

4. Numerous studies show that 1500mg/daily of GS is sufficient to help on pain relieve and in long run strengthen the cartilage.

5. If you take a proven brand, you will get a pain relieve as soon as 2 - 4 weeks. You will also feel relieve of other symptoms such as the cracking sound on the knee, stiffness on the knee joint in the morning,

6. Transdermal GS is not effective because the absorption rate is very weak.

Good luck and speedy recovery~!
trinka5
post Mar 27 2011, 11:11 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(player29 @ Jun 23 2009, 11:18 PM)
You may try this - TGC (Transdermal Glucosamine Cream) to apply on the affected part. My dad is 73 years old and was having knee problem, after using this, feel much more better now. It is more effective than those oral solution.
Where do you get the TGC = Transdermal Glucosamine Cream ?

Thanks and regards
ctphua
post Jul 30 2011, 10:45 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

i have gnc glucosamine and coq-10 stock now.. pm me
wi1s0n
post Oct 10 2011, 01:51 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(pucman @ Jul 23 2007, 11:24 PM)
how much u buy from kordel per tablet ?

I just looked at live-well brand. they asked me to take one tablet 500 mg twice a day. ie. one day 1000 mg or 1 g. Do you think it is enough ?

furthermore, the chrondroitin sulphate 250 mg , chicken collage type 2 200 mg in one tablet also twice a day.

So I paid 60 tablets of 500 mg glucosamine with free 60 tablets of chrodroitin 250 mg for just RM 63.

Do you think it is cheap or not ?
The most effective dosages reported in the medical research studies is 1,500 mg Glucosamine and 1,200 mg Chondroitin sulfate per day, usually taken in divided dosages; total daily dosage divided over 2 or 3 smaller dosages; taken in the morning, (afternoon), and evening.

GNC's GNC Glucosamine 750mg Chondroitin 600mg is selling RM327.90 for 120 tablets, RM2.73 each or RM5.465/day for 60 days supplement. So, work out the cost per day to determine the cost per day.

Added on October 10, 2011, 1:58 am
QUOTE(fash @ Feb 16 2011, 11:49 AM)
I have done my result into this subject. Just want to share in layman terms:-

1. Glucosamine Sulphate (GS) is the basic component of the cartilage. GS will produce the matrix of the cartilage including the fluid or you call it the lubricant in between the cartilages. Sulphate acts as a glue to bind the GS

2. Chondroin sulphate (CS) is a polymer of GS. The molecule weight for CS is 10,000 dalton and above whereas, GS is 456.62 dalton. Many GS makes CS. In simple term, CS is Sugar, GS is Glucose. If you take sufficient GS, there is no need to take CS, because eventually CS will be broken down to GS in the intestine and the huge molecule makes it difficult to be absorb. So, do you take a flight or drive to Singapore?

3. Recent studies show that sometimes arthritis (Osteo) affects the bone, Combination of GS + CS have some effect on preventing accessive bone breakdown which affects Arthritis.

4. Numerous studies show that 1500mg/daily of GS is sufficient to help on pain relieve and in long run strengthen the cartilage.

5. If you take a proven brand, you will get a pain relieve as soon as 2 - 4 weeks. You will also feel relieve of other symptoms such as the cracking sound on the knee, stiffness on the knee joint in the morning,

6. Transdermal GS is not effective because the absorption rate is very weak.

Good luck and speedy recovery~!
Thanks for sharing valuable info on this subject. Which brand do you recommend from your research/experience?

I just started taking Blackmores Joint Formula with 750mg GS and 225 CS for RM120+ for 2 bottles X 60 capsules to be taken 2 capsules a day. Wondering if the CS amount is sufficient, my condition started after active swimming and hiking recently. Started feeling friction at shoulder and cracking sound at knee joint. Guess got to go slow for awhile to reduce stress to the joints.

This post has been edited by wi1s0n: Oct 10 2011, 02:12 AM
ezone
post Jan 20 2012, 08:18 PM

Getting Started
220 posts

Will it works for TFCC Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex Tear ? wrist pain ?
extremepower
post Jan 20 2012, 09:30 PM

On my way
545 posts

I used to use Gluco to relieve my knees from lots of jump smashes. It does help a bit. Not cheap. But after I drink kangen water it the pain went away. My guess is that it could be due to the acid building up over a period of time.

Those who want to try it free can let me know. It's just a miracle water thats all. Call 012 7003361 to pick up. Bring a couple of 100plus empty bottles. wink.gif
n3m3s1s
post Jan 21 2012, 01:00 AM

Getting Started
186 posts

nver heard of it..
VeeJay
post Jan 21 2012, 01:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(n3m3s1s @ Jan 21 2012, 01:00 AM)
nver heard of it..
Stop trolling mate, else you will be reported! This is NOT Kopitiam

This post has been edited by VeeJay: Jan 21 2012, 01:17 AM
n3m3s1s
post Jan 21 2012, 02:57 AM

Getting Started
186 posts

sorry, no trolling intended. report it as you wish. thank you.

This post has been edited by n3m3s1s: Jan 21 2012, 02:58 AM
nikita zuleica
post Feb 12 2014, 09:25 PM

Casual
410 posts

I am using layman terms here. If I start using scientific terms, I don't think many will understand. By the way, I have done my research long time ago. The "lubricant" is called synovial cavity or fluid and is produced in the synovial membrane which surrounds the articular cartilage. Do you know of this? Want me to elaborate more? Maybe you should start doing some studying too.  smile.gif
Yah. I saw the ad in the papers yesterday. Manufactured locally by some company call Pahang Pharmaceutical.
QUOTE(myremi @ May 18 2009, 05:47 PM)
Taken by itself yes. But taken in conjuction with other antioxidants, it has been found to help with joint pains. But you'll have to take it for quite a long period of time. Perhaps only after 3-6 months of taking it, you'll see some improvements.
Have both of you try MSM? hmm.gif Wht is the best Glucosamine product tht both of you can recommended to me? thx nod.gif
yeeck
post Feb 12 2014, 11:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,466 posts

I'm taking this.

user posted image
nikita zuleica
post Feb 13 2014, 10:42 PM

Casual
410 posts

QUOTE(yeeck @ Feb 12 2014, 11:26 PM)
I'm taking this.

user posted image
is it work? ,How long does it take for it to take effect? 3 month? 2 month?..................

This post has been edited by nikita zuleica: Feb 13 2014, 10:44 PM
Tak3shi
post Feb 14 2014, 04:29 AM

Casual
431 posts

from a little research the effectiveness isnt on everyone but its the only way to repair joint dmg without surgery i think
hh_yeap
post Feb 14 2014, 08:28 AM

Getting Started
141 posts

My dad is suffering from knee pain as well. Went to GNC to look for the supplements. It cost a bomb.

Any forum member had other brands to intro and where to get it ?
Many thanks for the help.....
angellus_riku
post Feb 14 2014, 02:34 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

i'm taking BiO-LiFE's Glucosamine.
They have Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulphate too. Maybe i should try getting that for my mom. Kinda worried with her taking viatril-S (read earlier that it elevates high blood pressure because of the salt content)
nikita zuleica
post Feb 15 2014, 02:20 PM

Casual
410 posts

QUOTE(angellus_riku @ Feb 14 2014, 02:34 PM)
i'm taking BiO-LiFE's Glucosamine.
They have Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulphate too. Maybe i should try getting that for my mom. Kinda worried with her taking viatril-S (read earlier that it elevates high blood pressure because of the salt content)
yeah , but does bio-life GnC product is SODIUM-free?

so far I only find tht blackmore,kordel's and live-well Product is sodium-free
post Feb 17 2014, 02:55 PM

On my way
644 posts

QUOTE(hh_yeap @ Feb 14 2014, 08:28 AM)
My dad is suffering from knee pain as well. Went to GNC to look for the supplements. It cost a bomb.

I found out we can order fr oversea like iherb or vitacost, it is sooooooooooooo much cheaper that local store.
hh_yeap
post Feb 17 2014, 04:19 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(266K @ Feb 17 2014, 02:55 PM)
I found out we can order fr oversea like iherb or vitacost, it is sooooooooooooo much cheaper that local store.
really ? link please..
post Feb 17 2014, 04:35 PM

On my way
644 posts

QUOTE(hh_yeap @ Feb 17 2014, 04:19 PM)
really ? link please..
use big brother google...la biggrin.gif
SUSTham
post Feb 17 2014, 07:41 PM

Regular
1,576 posts

QUOTE(hh_yeap @ Feb 14 2014, 12:28 AM)

The local GNC outlets here will skin you alive. Outrageous prices. You might
as well order from their stores in the States.

Singapore's GNC prices used to be much cheaper, but the exchange rate has
nullified that.

I told this woman in my office about Nature's Best years ago, and
she has been ordering from them regularly since.

Deduct 20 % VAT from the prices, then add 25 % for shipping by Royal Mail,
so in effect shipping is virtually free.

Make sure you don't order more than two pots at a time, especially the
bigger ones, or else customs may seize them.

http://www.naturesbest.co.uk/glucosamine-cglucon_pg1/

Healthspan is having its annual sale. They charge a flat 6 pounds for shipping, though.

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/sale/glucosami...int-bone-health

Collagen is synergistic, and in some cases works when glucosamine and
chondroitin do not, but a little expensive here.

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/products/collagen-tablets

Cetyl myristoleate, (CMO), or Celadrin, is also synergistic, but expensive here too.
You can also get it from Iherb.

I used to give Natrol's CMO to my father.

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/products/celadrin-525mg

This post has been edited by Tham: Feb 18 2014, 01:59 AM
SUSTham
post Feb 17 2014, 08:11 PM

Regular
1,576 posts

Green lipped mussel has been around long before glucosamine and chondroitin,
and in some cases, works better. I used to order it from New Zealand in those
days for my late mum.

The only problem might be allergy to shellfish.

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/products/green...l-extract-500mg

Here's something worth trying out. Eggshell.

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/products/nemca...gshell-membrane

Eggshell membrane: a possible new natural therapeutic for joint and connective
tissue disorders. Results from two open-label human clinical studies.

http://www.dovepress.com/articles.php?article_id=3142

Eggshell membrane in the treatment of pain and stiffness from osteoarthritis of
the knee: a randomized, multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical study.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2711914/

SUSTham
post Feb 17 2014, 08:24 PM

Regular
1,576 posts

'' Pain relief in an eggshell ? ''

http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/health/artic...relief-eggshell

'' Read This If You Are Taking Glucosamine And Suffer From Painful Joints. ''

http://www.victoriahealth.com/editorial/painful-joints

'' Eggshell membrane may outperform glucosamine for joint health. ''

http://www.nutraingredients.com/Research/E...or-joint-health

Seems to have good reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Membrell-JOINTHealth...s/dp/B000GWE40O

RJ77
post Feb 18 2014, 02:51 PM

2 posts

If it's rheumatoid arthritis , i doubt any supplements will help as it's an autoimmune disease that attacks the joints. If it's not , then it's advisable to supplement with Glucosamine, Chodrotin Sulphate, MSM, Hyaluronic Acid and Hydrolyzed collagen.

I find Malaysians are getting fleeced by the local pharmacies, we're basically paying through our noises for inferior supplements. As some one mentioned above, order supplements from the USA , it's so much cheaper and better quality. Among the retailers, iherb.com offers the cheapest delivery charge by DHL somemore, most of the time it's only US$8 per parcel (within 1kg I think). Have stopped buying from local stores.

Choose to your heart's content : http://bit.ly/1bHmUWe

I personally recommend this http://bit.ly/1oL7tPK
By the way, the sodium content is miniscule compare to your daily meals you eat, so don't worry about getting hypertension from this.

Djveej
post Oct 14 2014, 10:37 AM

7 posts

Hi, good to know I found this post very useful. Lots of information shared by yourself. But I have the issue 2 months ago..I tore my LCL "Lateral Collateral Ligament" (not completely tore) during my Full Marathon.

2 days after the run the pain went off. Literally no pain at all walking, jumping, squats no issues at all. Since I thought it went away I did a LSD 2 weeks later, after a 12km run the pain came like a lightning and I couldn't continue running, can't even lift off my knee but was ok to walk slowly. Unbearable pain all I could do is apply ice every 30mins even sprays was useless can't bend my knee

The pain disappeared the next day. I did research and did a MRI scan and found it was a minor tear causing it. So orthopedic told me off running for 6 weeks then gradually increase it. So last weekend I did my SCKLM 21km..no pain but after my run the pain came back. Again applying ice and etc.

This is what I've been taking "OrthoFlex www.mybioversa.com" on a daily basis for the past 1 year even before the pain also I took collagen recently past 1 month to fix my cartilage by increasing the dosage for 3 packets daily. And I still feel the pain there.

Now I'm thinking should I start trying GNC Triflex ? What supplement can I take to fix my LCL which is tore? I did asked my orthopedic he told me rest will do. But I'm just trying to see what other options do I have.

Appreciate if you could advice based on your experience.

DanielTan2015
post Oct 12 2021, 03:57 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(pucman @ Jul 20 2007, 06:14 PM)
Anybody using this livewell brand for glucosamine sulphate ? It is cheap but is it effective ?
I think gnc have one of the best glucosamine supplements out there.
rin66o
post Oct 12 2021, 10:54 PM

39 posts

Joint wellness formula nano singapore just works good for me.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0340sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:52 PM