Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Glucosamine - athritis

views

phoenix
post Jul 20 2007, 09:07 PM

Life is all about running...
2,529 posts

I took GNC's Glucosamine 750MG with Chrondotine 650MG and it works wonder. Currently taking Kordels Glucosamine 550MG to maintain.
phoenix
post Jul 20 2007, 09:13 PM

2,529 posts

Errr... Does this livewell have a website. GNC's motto is Live Well so I'm not sure whether is it the same thing you are referring to?

I seen improvements in around 2 months. And I switched to Kordel cause GNC too expensive. GNC has Chrondotine in it which futher helps repair. If no repair is needed, just take Glucosamine Sulphate.
phoenix
post Jul 21 2007, 12:26 AM

2,529 posts

Well... I am a runner. You can see how active I am in the marathoner's thread here. I used to have Runner's Knee, meaning thining of the knee cartilage wall. I stop running due to that and has been researching on how can I cope with it. This is where I learnt of Glucosamine so I drop by at GNC and went through their catalogue. And from there I chose this product. After thaking for 2 months, I felt so much better than I can start to jog. And after 3 months, of taking it, I ran the KL International Marathon 42KM without any problems. So to me, Glucosamine saved my knee.
phoenix
post Jul 21 2007, 11:48 PM

2,529 posts

QUOTE(pucman @ Jul 21 2007, 12:50 AM)
Thank you very much for the info.� notworthy.gif

Hopefully I will be able to run again after taking this. I have a bit of knee pain too.

It is not really expensive if you know where to buy. I saw one shop that sells 2 boxes (250mg per tablet) of glusosamine and one box of condrotine together as one packet selling for around 60++.
The contents says it all. Only 250MG. Look at the dosage per tablet I'm taking.

QUOTE(jones007 @ Jul 21 2007, 02:30 AM)
walau eh so high dosage? i'm taking arthril 250mg glucosamine sulphate only leh rclxub.gif with Consulf chondroitin sulphate 400mg. but i seldom take chondroitin la. got these from pantai medical center.
Our body can take up to 1500MG of Glucosamine a day. As for Chrondroitin, it's very strong and people tend to take if got serious problem. Not easy to find also.

This post has been edited by phoenix: Jul 21 2007, 11:50 PM
phoenix
post Jul 23 2007, 08:50 PM

2,529 posts

QUOTE(phunkydude @ Jul 22 2007, 11:05 PM)
phoenix, are you sure u got the right term?

glucosamine sulphate - helps to produce the "lubricant" tongue.gif

chondroitin sulphate - helps maintaining the "lubricant" as in slowing down the process of catrilage breakdown.

hope u can do more research before consuming it. hehehh tongue.gif
I am using layman terms here. If I start using scientific terms, I don't think many will understand. By the way, I have done my research long time ago. The "lubricant" is called synovial cavity or fluid and is produced in the synovial membrane which surrounds the articular cartilage. Do you know of this? Want me to elaborate more? Maybe you should start doing some studying too. smile.gif

QUOTE(pucman @ Jul 23 2007, 06:10 PM)
i'm confused myself woh. must take both or take one type ?

anyway, I bought glucosamine and chondroitin today. Livewell brand, the pharmacist said it is local brand and not the same as GNC livewell.

I think that local company want to confuse people and buy their product. anyway, hopefully it will be effective for me. If not� vmad.gifmad.gif
Yah. I saw the ad in the papers yesterday. Manufactured locally by some company call Pahang Pharmaceutical.

This post has been edited by phoenix: Jul 23 2007, 09:06 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0250sec    0.34    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:23 AM