Glucosamine - athritis

views

wi1s0n
post Oct 10 2011, 01:51 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(pucman @ Jul 23 2007, 11:24 PM)
how much u buy from kordel per tablet ?

I just looked at live-well brand. they asked me to take one tablet 500 mg twice a day. ie. one day 1000 mg or 1 g. Do you think it is enough ?

furthermore, the chrondroitin sulphate 250 mg , chicken collage type 2 200 mg in one tablet also twice a day.

So I paid 60 tablets of 500 mg glucosamine with free 60 tablets of chrodroitin 250 mg for just RM 63.

Do you think it is cheap or not ?
The most effective dosages reported in the medical research studies is 1,500 mg Glucosamine and 1,200 mg Chondroitin sulfate per day, usually taken in divided dosages; total daily dosage divided over 2 or 3 smaller dosages; taken in the morning, (afternoon), and evening.

GNC's GNC Glucosamine 750mg Chondroitin 600mg is selling RM327.90 for 120 tablets, RM2.73 each or RM5.465/day for 60 days supplement. So, work out the cost per day to determine the cost per day.

Added on October 10, 2011, 1:58 am
QUOTE(fash @ Feb 16 2011, 11:49 AM)
I have done my result into this subject. Just want to share in layman terms:-

1. Glucosamine Sulphate (GS) is the basic component of the cartilage. GS will produce the matrix of the cartilage including the fluid or you call it the lubricant in between the cartilages. Sulphate acts as a glue to bind the GS

2. Chondroin sulphate (CS) is a polymer of GS. The molecule weight for CS is 10,000 dalton and above whereas, GS is 456.62 dalton. Many GS makes CS. In simple term, CS is Sugar, GS is Glucose. If you take sufficient GS, there is no need to take CS, because eventually CS will be broken down to GS in the intestine and the huge molecule makes it difficult to be absorb. So, do you take a flight or drive to Singapore?

3. Recent studies show that sometimes arthritis (Osteo) affects the bone, Combination of GS + CS have some effect on preventing accessive bone breakdown which affects Arthritis.

4. Numerous studies show that 1500mg/daily of GS is sufficient to help on pain relieve and in long run strengthen the cartilage.

5. If you take a proven brand, you will get a pain relieve as soon as 2 - 4 weeks. You will also feel relieve of other symptoms such as the cracking sound on the knee, stiffness on the knee joint in the morning,

6. Transdermal GS is not effective because the absorption rate is very weak.

Good luck and speedy recovery~!
Thanks for sharing valuable info on this subject. Which brand do you recommend from your research/experience?

I just started taking Blackmores Joint Formula with 750mg GS and 225 CS for RM120+ for 2 bottles X 60 capsules to be taken 2 capsules a day. Wondering if the CS amount is sufficient, my condition started after active swimming and hiking recently. Started feeling friction at shoulder and cracking sound at knee joint. Guess got to go slow for awhile to reduce stress to the joints.

This post has been edited by wi1s0n: Oct 10 2011, 02:12 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0107sec    0.62    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:08 PM