50 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

[ Standard ] · Linear+

> Digital TV Malaysia v2, Malaysian Digital Terrestrial TV

views

birain
post Nov 3 2019, 09:19 PM

良い一日を
1,242 posts

QUOTE(=o.0=/kua/11 @ Nov 3 2019, 08:24 PM)
It’s working now. Have to move the antenna to a higher place. But it is still missing rtm1, 2 and hd sports.

Thanks all for the help!
if can, try to get an outdoor rooftop UHF antenna with astro white cable for best reception. thumbsup.gif
TS9M-MAS
post Nov 4 2019, 07:13 AM

Regular
1,368 posts

[quote=joshhd,Nov 2 2019, 10:39 PM]
Include this PDF attachment as well, it can also used for archived purpose.
https://www.mytvbroadcasting.my/pdf/Lists-of-frequency.pdf

Now it's from 546MHz to 722MHz (allocated one is originally 470-742MHz for DTT broadcast).
But when the DTT frequencies restacks in several months later to make way for 700MHz 4G/5G, it shall only be within 474-690MHz range.

As for technical info, besides DVB-T2, Malaysia uses 256QAM, Guard Interval 19/256, COFDM (FFT) 32k FEC 2/3.

Don't forget the DTH version of MYTV too.
For those in outside DTT coverage, can opt for the DTH satellite version of MYTV to watch myFreeview channels as it has 100% nationwide coverage.

[/quote]

[/quote]
Done.
yongtjunkit
post Nov 4 2019, 08:59 AM

Regular
1,857 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Nov 3 2019, 02:58 PM)
It is for super super old TVs and devices that does not have AV (composite) inputs.
You connect that RF OUT port to an analogue TV's ANT IN port, and then you perform auto scan, you will see there's one analogue TV channel is showing the video output of the digital TV box.

Basically, it works like you're watching it on RCA (AV composite) output from the digital TV box, but it's this, is watching it via 1 analogue TV channel.
You switch channels on the digital TV box, the picture on that analogue TV channel changes too. It's just a video output.

Old TVs that doesn't have AV composite input are very rare la seriously. For those who still using that, ugh, just get a new TV...  sweat.gif
It’s useful for people who aren’t tech savvy and still press the ch + and ch - on their TV remote
joshhd
post Nov 4 2019, 09:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,550 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Nov 4 2019, 08:59 AM)
It’s useful for people who aren’t tech savvy and still press the ch + and ch - on their TV remote

Hahaha... It's not wrong to say that simply pressing ch- and ch+ buttons on remote is indeed very easy to use. So simple, and not complicated.
yongtjunkit
post Nov 4 2019, 09:27 AM

Regular
1,857 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Nov 4 2019, 09:02 AM)
Hahaha... It's not wrong to say that simply pressing ch- and ch+ buttons on remote is indeed very easy to use. So simple, and not complicated.
Yup, but when they press it on the TV remote instead of the decoder and they are going to ask why it shows no signal 🤦‍♂️... sharp TV input list shows input 1,2,3,4.... not clear to everyone and it doesn’t even have the rename input list function

By the way what’s the exact search term for the cable
joshhd
post Nov 4 2019, 09:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,550 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Nov 4 2019, 09:27 AM)
Yup, but when they press it on the TV remote instead of the decoder and they are going to ask why it shows no signal 🤦‍♂️... sharp TV input list shows input 1,2,3,4.... not clear to everyone and it doesn’t even have the rename input list function

By the way what’s the exact search term for the cable

What cable are you referring to?
yongtjunkit
post Nov 4 2019, 09:40 AM

Regular
1,857 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Nov 4 2019, 09:29 AM)
What cable are you referring to?
The one from the RF out from the DVB T2 decoder to the TV analog input

Already hooked up hdmi, but unfortunately my aunt press the CH + , CH - button on the TV remote instead of the decoder

This post has been edited by yongtjunkit: Nov 4 2019, 10:05 AM
joshhd
post Nov 4 2019, 10:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,550 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Nov 4 2019, 09:40 AM)
The one from the RF out from the DVB T2 decoder to the TV analog input

Already hooked up hdmi, but unfortunately my aunt press the CH + , CH - button on the TV remote instead of the decoder
user posted image
According to Wikipedia: Male (left) and female Belling-Lee cable
Belling Lee connector cable is also known as TV aerial cable or PAL cable.

Anyhow, it's not necessarily must buy this specific type of cable.
You can use RG-6 coaxial cable (Astro white cable), and terminate the ends of the cable with whatever connectors you want, including Belling Lee connector, either male or female port.

---

If your aunt gets confused by using either TV remote or the Digital TV remote control, then just tell your aunt to use only the digital tv remote, and stop using TV remote completely, including adjust audio volume.

You adjust TV volume higher a bit, then tell your aunt to use digital TV box's remote to adjust the volume, not the TV. Then, you keep the TV remote somewhere else in the drawer or something. Take it out only when you need to change some other settings on TV, or use other smart TV functions.
yongtjunkit
post Nov 4 2019, 10:29 AM

Regular
1,857 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Nov 4 2019, 10:18 AM)
user posted image
According to Wikipedia: Male (left) and female Belling-Lee cable
Belling Lee connector cable is also known as TV aerial cable or PAL cable.

Anyhow, it's not necessarily must buy this specific type of cable.
You can use RG-6 coaxial cable (Astro white cable), and terminate the ends of the cable with whatever connectors you want, including Belling Lee connector, either male or female port.

---

If your aunt gets confused by using either TV remote or the Digital TV remote control, then just tell your aunt to use only the digital tv remote, and stop using TV remote completely, including adjust audio volume.

You adjust TV volume higher a bit, then tell your aunt to use digital TV box's remote to adjust the volume, not the TV. Then, you keep the TV remote somewhere else in the drawer or something. Take it out only when you need to change some other settings on TV, or use other smart TV functions.
Oh, I see... if I were to hide the remote, how do I switch the TV off?
joshhd
post Nov 4 2019, 10:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,550 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Nov 4 2019, 10:29 AM)
Oh, I see... if I were to hide the remote, how do I switch the TV off?

Errr... Walk to the TV then press the power button to switch it off? 😂
Does your digital TV box remote control can set some settings to be able to switch on/off the TV, adjust TV volume, and change TV input source (like Astro remote control). If yes, go set it.

If no, then errr, maybe tell your aunt to only use the TV remote to switch on and off the TV, and nothing else.
linkinstreet
post Nov 4 2019, 10:54 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,276 posts

QUOTE(Hzz @ Nov 3 2019, 05:05 PM)
Thank you for explanation. Actually I've never seen that kind of output before 😂
It's similar concept to old Tandy/Amstrad/Amiga or even old consoles where instead of using the RCA, you use the antenna input
shaun_kok
post Nov 4 2019, 02:46 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(Hzz @ Nov 3 2019, 12:19 PM)
Hi congrats for V2. I want to ask what is the function of RF OUT at the back of decoder? Can i use it for my other tv? Since my other tv is an IDTV, so i think i just need a female to female connector straight to my second tv right?
QUOTE(joshhd @ Nov 3 2019, 02:58 PM)
It is for super super old TVs and devices that does not have AV (composite) inputs.
You connect that RF OUT port to an analogue TV's ANT IN port, and then you perform auto scan, you will see there's one analogue TV channel is showing the video output of the digital TV box.

Basically, it works like you're watching it on RCA (AV composite) output from the digital TV box, but it's this, is watching it via 1 analogue TV channel.
You switch channels on the digital TV box, the picture on that analogue TV channel changes too. It's just a video output.

Old TVs that doesn't have AV composite input are very rare la seriously. For those who still using that, ugh, just get a new TV...  sweat.gif
Yes, you may connect your IDTV via RF Out function to get DTT signal, as long the cable is high quality (HDMI/TV Boxes will affect DTT reception). Some of the DTT boxes (in overseas) indeed have RF Out function to convert digital TV into analogue TV signal for video input (like what we saw in some old school Astro decoders). The RF OUT port, at least on the MYTV DVB-T2 box, only provide signal passthrough for existing analogue (no longer exists)/DTT signals. This mean that you can hook up many TV Boxes, provide if these TV boxes have RF OUT and the signal is strong enough and both set top boxes are also connected (DTT signal levels will reduce when you hook up from one box to another). These boxes must be in standby/On mode, otherwise the passthrough won't work.
joshhd
post Nov 4 2019, 03:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,550 posts

QUOTE(shaun_kok @ Nov 4 2019, 02:46 PM)
Yes, you may connect your IDTV via RF Out function to get DTT signal, as long the cable is high quality (HDMI/TV Boxes will affect DTT reception). Some of the DTT boxes (in overseas) indeed have RF Out function to convert digital TV into analogue TV signal for video input (like what we saw in some old school Astro decoders). The RF OUT port, at least on the MYTV DVB-T2 box, only provide signal passthrough for existing analogue (no longer exists)/DTT signals. This mean that you can hook up many TV Boxes, provide if these TV boxes have RF OUT and the signal is strong enough and both set top boxes are also connected (DTT signal levels will reduce when you hook up from one box to another). These boxes must be in standby/On mode, otherwise the passthrough won't work.

Oh yeah... It's pass-through/loop...
Yeah you're right about the RF Out. Now I remember... biggrin.gif

dannyw
post Nov 4 2019, 03:57 PM

Enthusiast
820 posts

When we able to get 16:9 for NTV7 & 8TV? hmm.gif
joshhd
post Nov 4 2019, 04:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,550 posts

QUOTE(dannyw @ Nov 4 2019, 03:57 PM)
When we able to get 16:9 for NTV7 & 8TV?  hmm.gif

On display, all Malaysia FTA SD channels now are already in 16:9
The video itself will still be in 4:3 but without letterbox, so it's 16:9 fit to screen already. Since the display itself is already in 16:9, then I don't think there's much to talk about... Cuz even if they transmit in native 16:9 SD, you'll hardly see any visual difference or quality improvement.
yongtjunkit
post Nov 4 2019, 04:47 PM

Regular
1,857 posts

QUOTE(shaun_kok @ Nov 4 2019, 02:46 PM)
QUOTE(joshhd @ Nov 4 2019, 03:13 PM)
Oh yeah... It's pass-through/loop...
Yeah you're right about the RF Out. Now I remember... biggrin.gif
Does this mean that the RF out is just a passthrough, not an old way to connect to the TV?
dannyw
post Nov 4 2019, 04:57 PM

Enthusiast
820 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Nov 4 2019, 04:25 PM)
On display, all Malaysia FTA SD channels now are already in 16:9
The video itself will still be in 4:3 but without letterbox, so it's 16:9 fit to screen already. Since the display itself is already in 16:9, then I don't think there's much to talk about... Cuz even if they transmit in native 16:9 SD, you'll hardly see any visual difference or quality improvement.
ehm... generally all channels fit the screen well.

Just when i switch channel to TV3, it will show 16:9 with HD, even the watermark for myfreeview is damn small.

while NTV7 & 8TV, the info still showing 4:3 without HD, and the myfreeview watermark is so obvious... puke.gif

of course besides the watermark, those HD channels having better picture quality.

dannyw
post Nov 4 2019, 04:57 PM

Enthusiast
820 posts

sorry, it shows double post... notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by dannyw: Nov 4 2019, 04:58 PM
joshhd
post Nov 4 2019, 06:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,550 posts

QUOTE(dannyw @ Nov 4 2019, 04:57 PM)
ehm... generally all channels fit the screen well.

Just when i switch channel to TV3, it will show 16:9 with HD, even the watermark for myfreeview is damn small.

while NTV7 & 8TV, the info still showing 4:3 without HD, and the myfreeview watermark is so obvious...  puke.gif

of course besides the watermark, those HD channels having better picture quality.

Because the canvas resolution they use for SD and HD channels are different. One is 720x576, another is 1920x1080, so the watermark is scaled at its original resolution, and you'll see the difference.
Very technical stuff la, dunno how to explain in layman terms.

Just don't bother the watermark... Wait another few more days. If watermark still there, then go complain to MYTV.
shaun_kok
post Nov 4 2019, 10:40 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Nov 4 2019, 04:47 PM)
Does this mean that the RF out is just a passthrough, not an old way to connect to the TV?
Yup. As I know so far the RF OUT on SKMM certified Malaysian DVB-T2 boxes is just an passthrough. If someone with very old TV want to convert their TV to digital TV, they may buy an RF transmitter so that digital TV can be displayed on old TV via analogue RF channel (Some may want to keep their useable old TV as long as possible, one of my relatives actually still have a very old working TV on their bedroom) or just buy a newer flat screen TV with DVB-T2 function.

50 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0214sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 8th August 2020 - 07:22 PM