Digital TV Malaysia v2, Malaysian Digital Terrestrial TV

views

linkinstreet
post Nov 4 2019, 10:54 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

QUOTE(Hzz @ Nov 3 2019, 05:05 PM)
Thank you for explanation. Actually I've never seen that kind of output before 😂
It's similar concept to old Tandy/Amstrad/Amiga or even old consoles where instead of using the RCA, you use the antenna input
linkinstreet
post Nov 17 2019, 10:10 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

RTM Sports HD is not 50FPS. For some reason that annoys me
linkinstreet
post Nov 30 2019, 05:08 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

Is it just me, or RTM HD sports is quite low bitrate and low FPS, and feels like watching a web stream instead of direct feed from RTM itself.

For example watching RTM1/RTM2/TV3, the image is sharp and at 50FPS. On Sports HD, it looks like upscaled 720p around 2~3Mbps bitrate, and only at 25FPS
linkinstreet
post Dec 1 2019, 08:21 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

QUOTE(AV_2018 @ Nov 30 2019, 07:45 PM)
The last time checked, TV2 is 1920x1080, interlaced, 25FPS, average 3.5Mbps.
Thanks for the info. IIRC similar to Astro, the 1080i25 that is used will be smoothed out on your TV to give an impression of 50FPS. But that only works IF the source is also 50FPS, which all sports broadcast should be. The source that RTM Sports uses is already re-converted to 25FPS, most likely due to them using the same source as their web stream. This is mightily noticeable in their MotoGP broadcast where it looks washed out compared to Fox Sports on Astro/HyppTV.
QUOTE(joshhd @ Nov 30 2019, 08:47 PM)
The video bitrate on MYTV channels is really low and below satisfactory levels, that's why the picture quality will look terrible especially in fast moving scenes like in sports.
But then, MYTV would say that 4Mbps video and HE-AAC v2 32kbps Stereo audio is "satisfactory" to them, and every Mbps for them is equivalent to money.
So basically means, broadcasters got to pay MYTV more money if they want their channels to be transmitted in higher Mbps so that the video/audio would look good.

MYTV Broadcasting exists simply because they just want profit.  doh.gif
They might as well invest money in something else rather than providing DTT services if getting rich is all what they want.
Ach, in a time where we are watching 1080p 6Mbps minimum on web, 3.5~4Mbps is certainly noticeable
linkinstreet
post Jun 8 2020, 08:26 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

My decoder is only getting Media Prima channels, and no RTM ones. I have tried both CH45 666MHz (received Media Prima) and CH43 650MHz (nothing, but signal > 90%)

Edit: I moved my antenna outside the door and I received RTM now. And when bring the antenna back in the signal is fine too. Dunno why it didn't detect when the antenna was inside sad.gif

This post has been edited by linkinstreet: Jun 8 2020, 08:33 PM
linkinstreet
post May 16 2021, 04:22 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

Any recommendation for USB/PCI-E tuners that are supported by Debian and TVHeadend?
linkinstreet
post May 25 2021, 07:22 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

My cheapo decoder died. Having nothing to do during this lockdown, I ordered a cheap USB DVB-T2 decoder, and combined with NextPVR, pipe it so I can use it on my IPTV app on my android box.

And it actually works well. Also due to that, I now realised that all channels on the RTM mux are stereo, while Media Prima channels are mono
linkinstreet
post May 26 2021, 04:02 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

QUOTE(surrodox2001 @ May 25 2021, 07:46 PM)
If the channel properties doesn't change, probably an audio mixing fault from MP.
Might be. I do I need to get a 2nd decoder for the 2nd Mux so that a number of people can watch from the same source without having issues of mux changing on the decoder so that might solve the issue of Media Prima being mono
linkinstreet
post Jun 7 2021, 02:59 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jun 7 2021, 02:03 PM)
Ya'll should be complaining of the "crystal clear" MYTV claims for overall video & audio kuality...buat malu negara jiran jer. laugh.gif
I think the context here is compared to previous analogue transmission, as well as vs Astro when it's raining. It seems that MYTV (well RTM Mux that I tested) are broadcasted at 1080i 3.5Mbps, which is kind ok'lah (similar to 1080p 7Mbps I guess since interlaced cuts it in half). At least the image quality and frame rate is much better than watching a webstream

That being said, for some reason I am still getting Mono for Media Prima channels mega_shok.gif
linkinstreet
post Jun 8 2021, 06:33 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

The Euro friendly quality on TV Sukan is quite decent. Hopefully this will be similar with Euro 2020 itself where it's 50FPS interlaced, and not like the Asian WC qualy matches where for some reason the frame rate is dropped like 15FPS or something

https://mega.nz/file/Qp8W2JjQ#DGxNox3vnxLot...nV5iWg5VrVWPqpg
linkinstreet
post Sep 4 2021, 09:25 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

QUOTE(JohnLai @ Sep 4 2021, 06:55 PM)
Done doing my part in giving feedback about low bitrate of 4Mbps pixelation issue for HD channel and suggestion to raise the bitrate.
I find that 4Mbps for 1080 interlaced is decent enough, especially when your TV applies de-interlacing. You should be getting similar quality to 6~7Mbps 50FPS.

linkinstreet
post Sep 5 2021, 01:26 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Sep 5 2021, 01:09 AM)
Until fast motion scenes ruins the "decent" bitrates, unless if went to HEVC...
Are we talking about the over the air broadcast? Because I have no issues with the quality of the broadcast.

Here is a direct recording from TV Sukan of One Championship (de-interlaced): https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/597866431. As you can see no pixelation issues or anything even when the action is fast

Football earlier today on RTM 1 also looks sharp and smooth: https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/597764713

This post has been edited by linkinstreet: Sep 5 2021, 01:27 AM
linkinstreet
post Sep 5 2021, 07:13 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

QUOTE(JohnLai @ Sep 5 2021, 07:00 PM)
Unfortunately, most of us don't have a expensive TV with good quality scaler and deinterlacer. sad.gif

Using lavfilter YADIFF on PC USB TV tuner = perfect.
On the TV part....err......the result is really.....disappointing....
De-interlacing are usually only neede for the PC since they expect progressive signals. TV's have been dealing with interlacing ever since the analogue era. Even my TV is just some dumb 10 year old 32" TV, and it looked fine. All it need is the effect of persistence of vision.
linkinstreet
post Sep 14 2021, 08:45 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

I presume my antenna booster is wonky. Hooked up MyTV at the office and the flunctuation of signal is crazy for a place in the middle of KL

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
linkinstreet
post Sep 25 2021, 09:38 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

QUOTE(Wobblyblob @ Sep 25 2021, 06:33 AM)
Why picture quality on all mYTV Myfreeview channels not sharp? They all look so blur.

MYTV Myfreeview supposed to be in HD quality but picture worse than SD quality. I use to remember analogue television SD quality was quite sharp. But MYTV Myfreeview channels so blur worst than SD quality.

MYTV Myfreeview make the picture quality sharp again.
Direct screen capture from MyTV. I dunno about you, but this looks sharp enough

https://i.imgur.com/gp2K3Hu.png

https://i.imgur.com/PSBIQrq.png

https://i.imgur.com/rgVtOOk.png

linkinstreet
post Sep 25 2021, 10:00 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Sep 25 2021, 09:50 AM)
...when there's not much fast motion scenes. Since they kinda sticking @ stuck at 4Mbps MPEG4 per HD channels, it would be better for gradual upgrade to HEVC.
That would only change if we are moving on from DVB-T2 years from now. Right now every country is SEA (except you Vietnam and Philippines) are using 1080i h264 for DVB-T2 since it means cheap receivers for non urban people (especially in Indonesia).
I presume the move towards HEVC will only come when 4K signals are introduced, as is happening in France right now.

But for what it's worth, the quality we have right now is sharp enough for 1080i

This post has been edited by linkinstreet: Sep 25 2021, 10:01 AM
linkinstreet
post Sep 29 2021, 12:54 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Sep 29 2021, 12:29 PM)
I presume the HbbTV is following UK's model with Freeview/Freeview Play
linkinstreet
post Oct 25 2021, 09:05 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

QUOTE(backwards @ Oct 25 2021, 08:46 PM)
Hi guys, I got a generic decoder a couple of years ago. Was ok all this while but lately, all the Media Prima channels always stuck. Sometimes no signal, sometimes watch a bit stop. Is it decoder problem or something happen from the transmission? Bernama, TV1, TV2 etc all working fine. Lately start to blank screen and need to restart the unit too.

Also, my decoder the channel numbers (press number on remote) keeps changing every time they add channel or seemingly randomly, even after i arrange it in order. Other decoder got this problem?
Is there a menu in your decoder to check the signal? Maybe your are having difficulty getting 666000Mhz signal. Mine have the same issue, and I have to angle my antenna upwards a bit to get at least 80% strength on mine.

Also yeah, my chinese decoder initially didn't follow the MyTV channel list (101, 102, etc). After meddling a bit, it correctly then shows the channel number, but the sorting was still weird and I have to sort it manually
linkinstreet
post Nov 7 2021, 06:05 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Nov 6 2021, 11:28 PM)
In that case, digital TV channels aren't for you then. Just because digital TV is available to Malaysians, it doesn't mean its content and channels are targeted for each and everyone of us.
Not everyone wants to watch shows via Internet, and not everyone willing to pay for watching it. They have their own reasons for it, and you have yours.

We can give whatever content or channel suggestions to MYTV or whoever broadcasters out there, still, that doesn't mean they are obligated to offer it to you, after all we are paying zero fee for it.
Just keep it simple. If the TV content doesn't suit your viewing preference, then just watch your shows on other available platforms.
It could be over satellite like Astro, or online streaming like Netflix. Tons of content choices there, including legal ones and illegal pirated ones.

Regardless, there will be people out there who wants to digital terrestrial TV channels on a regular basis.
So, Go Shop, Wow Shop or whatever shop it is, digital TV will survive.  smile.gif

In the future, whoever complains that MYTV channels is sucks (which I also personally agree), just direct them to this post.
Yep. For urban-lites that have lots of choices at the tip of their fingers, MyTV won't make sense. But for those rural people that don't have decent internet and don't actually have spare time to sit down and mindlessly consume media, MYTV is a good option for them, especially if they can't afford Astro
linkinstreet
post Nov 23 2021, 06:12 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

QUOTE(hizadzahid @ Nov 22 2021, 04:52 PM)
By the way i am living in a  apartment
did you try a booster?

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0243sec    0.52    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:52 PM