Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages « < 5 6 7 8 9 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Internet stop working then pop up paynothing promo, TM Unifi make DC every 3 hours show Ads

views

Schadenfreude
post Oct 29 2019, 02:05 PM

27 posts

Status update: no PPPoE disconnect/reconnects since 1020pm last night, and I've managed to play an hour of Destiny 2—ah, the joys of working from home—without getting disconnected. I'm wary of saying it's totally fixed but it definitely not showing any of the issues I was suffering from over the past few days.

This post has been edited by Schadenfreude: Oct 29 2019, 02:06 PM
TSPointOfSale
post Oct 29 2019, 03:33 PM

Getting Started
164 posts

QUOTE(Schadenfreude @ Oct 29 2019, 02:05 PM)
Status update: no PPPoE disconnect/reconnects since 1020pm last night, and I've managed to play an hour of Destiny 2—ah, the joys of working from home—without getting disconnected. I'm wary of saying it's totally fixed but it definitely not showing any of the issues I was suffering from over the past few days.
see, must complain to them kau kau only they do work. I even complain in their unifi fb until they block me.

hopefully no more problem
LeCpt_Nex P
post Oct 29 2019, 07:48 PM

Probation
6 posts

Tell me if this is not stupid. How the fuck can unifi send a push notification like this and then resulting in a network disconnection?

@all

https://pictr.com/images/2019/10/29/5nIrEg.md.jpg
https://pictr.com/images/2019/10/29/5nINLX.md.jpg
TSPointOfSale
post Oct 29 2019, 07:54 PM

Getting Started
164 posts

QUOTE(LeCpt_Nex @ Oct 29 2019, 07:48 PM)
when it happennned? today i no notice pop up..later online game will know if dc

told u..they purposely make u dc then when wanna connect back they make u watch advert

perbuatan keji

LeCpt_Nex P
post Oct 29 2019, 07:55 PM

Probation
6 posts

QUOTE(PointOfSale @ Oct 29 2019, 07:54 PM)
when it happennned? today i no notice pop up..later online game will know if dc

told u..they purposely make u dc then when wanna connect back they make u watch advert

perbuatan keji
this happened today...... mates at home are still monitoring on this...
SUSCandy12
post Oct 29 2019, 09:16 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

I believe this ad server which TM employs to push their ads is infected with some sort of trojan or malicious coding.

It'll DDoS the targeted Unifi IPs and disconnect you temporarily by their DPI firewall at their headend for suspiscious activity,

Can anyone trace the source link of their ad server or IP? Maybe can implement hosts blacklisting and block that particular IP in your firewall?
weikee
post Oct 29 2019, 09:26 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

I had PPPoE disconnection yesterday at few hours interval, hypptv was ok. Saw this in the router log it try reconnect. Have to reboot the fiber modem each time it happen. Did that few time, and last reboot of the modem around 4pm yesterday. After that all good.
SUSCandy12
post Oct 29 2019, 09:36 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

Try to find the source of the ad server linked to pushing this TM related ads and blacklist/block it.

Also try using a VPN to see if this sudden disconnection re-occurs.

TM is known to employ one of the nastiest surveillance equipment in their data centres in the world due to Malaysia's political scene which gets triggered very easily. We've been making news in the world for this to the level that we've even exceeded Singapore in this field.

This is similar to using torrents when you overload too many connections(deluge) until your ISP will temporarily block/disconnect you suspecting of malicious activity.
Somehow this adserver is getting red flagged by their DPI firewall causing their concentrators to disconnect their users.
TSPointOfSale
post Oct 29 2019, 10:37 PM

Getting Started
164 posts

QUOTE(Candy12 @ Oct 29 2019, 09:36 PM)
Try to find the source of the ad server linked to pushing this TM related ads and blacklist/block it.

Also try using a VPN to see if this sudden disconnection re-occurs.

TM is known to employ one of the nastiest surveillance equipment in their data centres in the world due to Malaysia's political scene which gets triggered very easily. We've been making news in the world for this to the level that we've even exceeded Singapore in this field.

This is similar to using torrents when you overload too many connections(deluge) until your ISP will temporarily block/disconnect you suspecting of malicious activity.
Somehow this adserver is getting red flagged by their DPI firewall causing their concentrators to disconnect their users.
This post has been edited by PointOfSale: Oct 29 2019, 10:38 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
LeCpt_Nex P
post Oct 30 2019, 11:52 AM

Probation
6 posts

QUOTE(PointOfSale @ Oct 29 2019, 10:37 PM)

bro , how you trace that? what tools?
LeCpt_Nex P
post Oct 30 2019, 12:12 PM

Probation
6 posts

TM came to my house today and i've shown all the logs.
They are now pushing to L2 , L2 will come over to my house with their own router to properly log the case.

I've contacted my company TM Account manager as we are on Enterprise package ( not the biz/small medium package ). He also is quite shocked on this finding and now escalating to top management.
TSPointOfSale
post Oct 30 2019, 01:05 PM

Getting Started
164 posts

QUOTE(LeCpt_Nex @ Oct 30 2019, 11:52 AM)
bro , how you trace that? what tools?
QUOTE(LeCpt_Nex @ Oct 30 2019, 12:12 PM)
They are now pushing to L2 , L2 will come over to my house with their own router to properly log the case.

I've contacted my company TM Account manager as we are on Enterprise package ( not the biz/small medium package ). He also is quite shocked on this finding and now escalating to top management.
No more disconnect and advert pop up for me already.

Good then. The log posted by other use using Tenda router.

WTF, Enterprise user also facing this issue? Perhaps all the bank that use unifi also facing the same issue. Actually quite hard to log the user unless you use their technical router to log for few days.

Are you still facing the issue? As FB unifi blocked me, i posted in TM fb. I think they aware of this problem and will not admit is their problem
blackbox14
post Oct 30 2019, 03:01 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

There were actually some CIMB Bank branches and ATMs here that were closed on Monday while this issue was still affecting my area. Could be coincidence but I would not surprised if they got hit by it too.
amirsubhi
post Oct 30 2019, 10:42 PM

The Power Is IN Your Hand!
1,470 posts

seem like it does not effect my Asus router
TSPointOfSale
post Oct 30 2019, 10:47 PM

Getting Started
164 posts

Whole day no more disconnect and no more advert pop up

Tm even call me and ask.
TSPointOfSale
post Oct 30 2019, 10:48 PM

Getting Started
164 posts

QUOTE(LeCpt_Nex @ Oct 30 2019, 12:12 PM)

Remember to post updates about your enterprise acccount with L2 coming over to log and check.

stark4321
post Nov 9 2019, 02:50 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

I've complained and they just do reset port and ask restart modem.
Reported again the next day, and the TM technician called, explained the problem to him, and he can't understand, want to come reset my modem config and charged RM53, I said NO as this is obviously TM problem, and the technician ask what I want now??? WTF!
island
post Nov 10 2019, 07:54 AM

Regular
1,731 posts

QUOTE(stark4321 @ Nov 9 2019, 02:50 PM)
Reported again the next day, and the TM technician called, explained the problem to him, and he can't understand, want to come reset my modem config and charged RM53, I said NO as this is obviously TM problem, and the technician ask what I want now??? WTF!
devil.gif smells fishy. Many peoples dealing the similar issues. hmm.gif
stark4321
post Nov 10 2019, 12:22 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

so many people complaining same issues, they don't bother to fix it? seriously TM???
TSPointOfSale
post Nov 10 2019, 10:13 PM

Getting Started
164 posts

QUOTE(stark4321 @ Nov 9 2019, 02:50 PM)
The problem solved itself after i asked them to reset the port which does nothing and lodge a report and keep spam unifi fb. Still getting dc and advert. Then after 2 days, no more problem. Then technician came and i told him the problem, dont come in my house as the problem is not from my side and dont charge me rm 53. Then no more dc and advert problem. TM called me the next day and asked how is the problem. I said it is their side problem spamming advert and make ppl dc every 3 hours.

9 Pages « < 5 6 7 8 9 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0255sec    0.07    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:00 AM