92 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Air, is it good?

views

lukemanz
post Aug 17 2019, 09:41 AM

Getting Started
232 posts

haha..i see a lot of ranting from user hogging the tm network.
normal user does not have any issue.
tm told unifi air is interim solution also they scared all unifi fiber customer migrate to this unifi air.
so its normal they open for existing streamyx users only
having 2 mil customer does not mean all the 2 mil is good paymaster
remember the turbo tm stated users need to pay their outstanding bill or not eligible to get the turbo
it was good speed 20m vs previous lite 10m vs 8m streamyx
as for me using 4m streamyx right now, i will be taking the offer without hesitations.
now waiting tm to call rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by lukemanz: Aug 17 2019, 09:47 AM
HariszKilz
post Aug 17 2019, 10:00 AM

Getting Started
239 posts

Tbh, my place is one the first place to get Unifi Air but I realised something on the video that they offered people that are within the Town area only. That's the only place that have 4G LTE coverage. Other places are still struggling with 3G. I think mostly the speed can reach about 20Mbps only. My place also have Unifi Lite 10Mbps SUBB which is available in all places. Most of them. For me, Unifi Air should be a temporary solution until we get Fibre connection soon. As it mentioned before, it's using Tower connection which eventually will occur speed drop if there are many users in that area and the connection will be unstable. TM can't make this a permanent solution. Fibre is the most suitable solution tbh

This post has been edited by HariszKilz: Aug 17 2019, 10:02 AM
GameSky
post Aug 17 2019, 10:04 AM

Nyancat too much
6,335 posts

QUOTE(HariszKilz @ Aug 17 2019, 10:00 AM)
Tbh, my place is one the first place to get Unifi Air but I realised something on the video that they offered people that are within the Town area only. That's the only place that have 4G LTE coverage. Other places are still struggling with 3G. I think mostly the speed can reach about 20Mbps only. My place also have Unifi Lite 10Mbps SUBB which is available in all places. Most of them. For me, Unifi Air should be a temporary solution until we get Fibre connection soon. As it mentioned before, it's using Tower connection which eventually will occur speed drop if there are many users in that area and the connection will be unstable. TM can't make this a permanent solution. Fibre is the most suitable solution tbh
where's your place located? Anyone from sarawak actually got the offer so far?
HariszKilz
post Aug 17 2019, 10:36 AM

Getting Started
239 posts

QUOTE(GameSky @ Aug 17 2019, 10:04 AM)
Yo Gamesky. My place is located in Kuala Kubu Bharu, Selangor.
AjkR06
post Aug 17 2019, 11:19 AM

that's me
1,538 posts

QUOTE(lukemanz @ Aug 17 2019, 09:41 AM)

so its normal they open for existing streamyx users only
having 2 mil customer does not mean all the 2 mil is good paymaster
remember the turbo tm stated users need to pay their outstanding bill or not eligible to get the turbo
I’m one of the so called good paymaster to tm. On the day that tm release the new bill for account, I straightly pay the bill. Unfortunately, still nothing offered for me either unifi fiber coverage, even the cokia subb 10mbps and unifi air as well. Guess I should be grateful enough for the price reduction offered to the existing subscriber. Living in the rural area where 8mbps is the maximum speed that you can get is such a pain. sad.gif
cjoenic
post Aug 18 2019, 01:14 AM

-
773 posts

QUOTE(asellus @ Aug 13 2019, 08:44 AM)
Does Unifi Air also provides voice service with landline-like number such as 03-21814779?

If yes, then the service may be worth it.
nope. unfortunately unifi air doesnt came with landline number. interesting fact, the b618 huawei modem does have rj11 port for phone like we use at homelone.

i tried to connect my home phone with it. theres dial tone. but cant dial or call any numbers. lol. since the unifi air also came withsimcards, theres number assigned to it as well. my logical thoughts, calling the number will ring the phone. unfortunately it doesnt as well. laugh.gif

QUOTE(Hwoarang45 @ Aug 15 2019, 04:52 PM)
thanks for sharing , this alone, i will not get their stupid unifi air, need cctv usage and need gaming use, wtf higher speed for if cant even use your line fully. so stupid la. guess forever stuck at 8mbps shit line for me.  vmad.gif  bangwall.gif
same bro laugh.gif

QUOTE(ckh83 @ Aug 16 2019, 12:56 PM)
Is unifi Air support P2P?
yep. i tried torrent. it does works at max speed (2mbyte/s) no vpn/proxies needed smile.gif

QUOTE(GameSky @ Aug 17 2019, 10:04 AM)
im from sarawak too : peace:

GameSky
post Aug 18 2019, 01:44 PM

Nyancat too much
6,335 posts

QUOTE(cjoenic @ Aug 18 2019, 01:14 AM)
nope. unfortunately unifi air doesnt came with landline number. interesting fact, the b618 huawei modem does have rj11 port for phone like we use at homelone.

i tried to connect my home phone with it. theres dial tone. but cant dial or call any numbers. lol. since the unifi air also came withsimcards, theres number assigned to it as well. my logical thoughts, calling the number will ring the phone. unfortunately it doesnt as well. laugh.gif
same bro laugh.gif
yep. i tried torrent. it does works at max speed (2mbyte/s) no vpn/proxies needed smile.gif
nice, from where?
yoong_y89
post Aug 18 2019, 11:49 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

QUOTE(cjoenic @ Aug 18 2019, 01:14 AM)

same bro laugh.gif
did u need to pay for the homeline? rm26?
cjoenic
post Aug 19 2019, 10:11 AM

-
773 posts

QUOTE(GameSky @ Aug 18 2019, 01:44 PM)
nice, from where?
kuching, matang jaya to be specific laugh.gif

QUOTE(yoong_y89 @ Aug 18 2019, 11:49 PM)
did u need to pay for the homeline? rm26?
unfortunately, the home line apparently not offered with unifi air. if you opt to retain ur phone line (from curr streamyx), you will need to pay the additional rental fee, around rm26 if not mistaken.

GameSky
post Aug 19 2019, 11:45 AM

Nyancat too much
6,335 posts

QUOTE(cjoenic @ Aug 19 2019, 10:11 AM)
kuching, matang jaya to be specific laugh.gif
unfortunately, the home line apparently not offered with unifi air. if you opt to retain ur phone line (from curr streamyx), you will need to pay the additional rental fee, around rm26 if not mistaken.
Nice.. Stable speed so far?
cjoenic
post Aug 19 2019, 03:28 PM

-
773 posts

QUOTE(GameSky @ Aug 19 2019, 11:45 AM)
Nice.. Stable speed so far?
for latency, its hard to say it stable. but if youre gamer, you can pretty much feels the delay. cant really trust the ping read tho cos even low reading 50ms, i can still experience the delay by little bit.

for speed, most of the time, it can reach 20mbps and above. no more than 30mbps for sure. however there are times that itll slows down.

but then for the price (rm79/month), if you dont really mind the "little bit" of inconsistency, why not thumbup.gif
GameSky
post Aug 20 2019, 09:56 AM

Nyancat too much
6,335 posts

QUOTE(cjoenic @ Aug 19 2019, 03:28 PM)
for latency, its hard to say it stable. but if youre gamer, you can pretty much feels the delay. cant really trust the ping read tho cos even low reading 50ms, i can still experience the delay by little bit.

for speed, most of the time, it can reach 20mbps and above. no more than 30mbps for sure. however there are times that itll slows down.

but then for the price (rm79/month), if you dont really mind the "little bit" of inconsistency, why not  thumbup.gif
haha..hope they can expand to samarahan soon, just to replace the aging old fag stimix at old house.
hammerjit
post Aug 21 2019, 11:42 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

can walk in to apply unifi air for new customer?
akhito
post Aug 21 2019, 11:46 AM

On my way
686 posts

QUOTE(hammerjit @ Aug 21 2019, 11:42 AM)
can walk in to apply unifi air for new customer?
No, now it is only open for existing streamyx users only
wykl
post Aug 21 2019, 05:47 PM

On my way
568 posts

QUOTE(dark_axl21 @ Aug 16 2019, 03:29 PM)
Nope, it does not?
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

You might need to get a VPN for that?  rclxms.gif
Maybe you're just not eligible for the "upgrade"? Their TnCs are very restricting.

Air is live now, but they are offering it first to the 3% of Streamyx users, as for new subscriptions, it is RM 129, I believe?

Personally, it's a waste of time, you ask their live chat they will give you answer A, you recheck with their FB chat, they give you answer B, you go to their TMPoint they give you answer C, you get pissed and submit a complaint to MCMC, they are just gonna reply you no coverage or something that is totally unrelated to your complaint.
exactly!

i think im officially giving up on this StreamyX and UNIFI Air... so fedup already..
PJng
post Aug 21 2019, 05:54 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,534 posts

QUOTE(akhito @ Aug 21 2019, 11:46 AM)
No, now it is only open for existing streamyx users only
what that pic on sign, always showing current time? cool
dark_axl21
post Aug 21 2019, 06:08 PM

TUKANG
631 posts

QUOTE(wykl @ Aug 21 2019, 05:47 PM)
exactly!

i think im officially giving up on this StreamyX and UNIFI Air... so fedup already..
Yup.
My heart just sank when they announce that #khabarburuk shit. They made me waste a month and a half for nothing. Not to mention they went back to their same business motto, No Coverage.

How to give them another chance? They will just squander any chance they get.
wykl
post Aug 22 2019, 04:03 PM

On my way
568 posts

I have lodged a report to MCMC as false advertising..

As you mentioned before, they shouldn't announce this as khabarbaik if we cant enjoy it...
fms21
post Aug 22 2019, 04:05 PM

Casual
465 posts

similar to P1 Wimax..
headache when it comes to connection inside the house..but good in outdoor..
dark_axl21
post Aug 22 2019, 06:51 PM

TUKANG
631 posts

QUOTE(wykl @ Aug 22 2019, 04:03 PM)
I have lodged a report to MCMC as false advertising..

As you mentioned before, they shouldn't announce this as khabarbaik if we cant enjoy it...
I'm sure they will call you first to confirm your area.

Then explain to you that it's your fault since your area has no coverage.

Then proceed with ticking off your complaint as solved. Sending you an email with an pdf attachment explaining their no coverage motto and just wait policy

Been there, done that. It's just a waste of breath to talk to them. I've reopened the case 5 times and they eventually just "apologized" and changed the status to solved. Gave up after that.

MCMC was the last straw. And I don't understand how Gobind Singh could have accepted such a flaw.

QUOTE(fms21 @ Aug 22 2019, 04:05 PM)
similar to P1 Wimax..
headache when it comes to connection inside the house..but good in outdoor..
It's just a TM rebranding isn't it?

This post has been edited by dark_axl21: Aug 22 2019, 06:53 PM

92 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0154sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:07 AM