Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> PlayStation 5 discussion, Coming in end of 2020

views

Rei7
post Nov 23 2019, 05:11 PM

Multi-platformer
1,338 posts

It actually doesn't look good at all for the Playstation. Simply because a lot of the higher ups from Sony left. Kinda saying that something isn't going well especially the Playstation division.

In the end it all depends on the exclusives for me. Also PS5 has VR decoder and what nto build in and the old PSVR will work with it, so I'll probably get that for some VR games.
manix5
post Nov 23 2019, 05:45 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(Rei7 @ Nov 23 2019, 05:11 PM)
It actually doesn't look good at all for the Playstation. Simply because a lot of the higher ups from Sony left. Kinda saying that something isn't going well especially the Playstation division.

In the end it all depends on the exclusives for me. Also PS5 has VR decoder and what nto build in and the old PSVR will work with it, so I'll probably get that for some VR games.
That is pretty odd take on PlayStation current situation.

In my opinion and from what it looks like, PlayStation is healthy than ever, Jim Ryan brings good vibes and changes, overall ps5 gearing up well. PlayStation 4 strong Memento will give smooth transition for ps5 too.

Game developers all mature with their games and made impact on sales.

As for VR, Sony smart enough to get VR it's own developer rather than pushing main first party.

Ps4 digital attached rate will bring better sales for ps5 also.

Higher up leaving is normal, its happen in all industry. Also " alot of higher ups left " is exaggerated

Rei7
post Nov 23 2019, 06:09 PM

Multi-platformer
1,338 posts

QUOTE(manix5 @ Nov 23 2019, 05:45 PM)
That is pretty odd take on PlayStation current situation.

In my opinion and from what it looks like, PlayStation is healthy than ever, Jim Ryan brings good vibes and changes, overall ps5 gearing up well. PlayStation 4 strong Memento will give smooth transition for ps5 too.

Game developers all mature with their games and made impact on sales.

As for VR, Sony smart enough to get VR it's own developer rather than pushing main first party.

Ps4 digital attached rate will bring better sales for ps5 also.

Higher up leaving is normal, its happen in all industry. Also " alot of higher ups left " is exaggerated
You'll see how good it is when it is out. Most of the key people left for a reason, and you think people are just giving up and leaving for no reason? That's quite some logic there. PS3 and Xbox 360 was head to head, and do you see how good Xbox One is against PS4? If shit happens it will be the other way around if people want it to be. There was barely any competition current gen, that's why Sony was freaking naive about crossplay, in the end they give in to it, that's one of the thing that show how arrogant they are. Sony when they are winning isn't as good when they aren't winning.

Personally I don't give a shit about console wars or being a fanboy, because I buy every one of them either way, and play what I want, rather than being attached to one specific brand. The more competition the better, because that actually is the best for consumer. Next E3 presentation, console pricing, release date, exclusive launch game line-up, and features of the console will most likely decide the outcome. Because the spec won't really decide it this time because it is reported they are pretty much similar this time.

That add to all that, with Netflix like subs for games like Xbox Game pass would be game changer if Sony had one as well, because currently that's what's good about Xbox at least. Just for 10usd a month, you can play any new games that is out at launch, and other games included, for a fair and cheap price. You know the craze about Netflix like subs, Apple is doing it, Disney joining the fray, as well as Google now. Best value if Playstation has one as well, that's what I'm hoping for when they show the PS5, and all it's info.

This post has been edited by Rei7: Nov 23 2019, 06:19 PM
manix5
post Nov 23 2019, 07:00 PM

9 posts

Oh my, that's alot to counter haha, it seem your take on PlayStation leadership is different.
You are right, people leaving because something is happening within management. But it is good thing rather than bad things as you are believing. Some will make smart decision n get promoted.
The sales, 1st party direction, 3rd party deals and much more indicates something right?

I'm not sure how well u know regarding ps3 and xbox360 gen history, beginning of the gen, xbox has the lead and they control all deals. Publishers will go for the money. Remember gta4 dlc? Well it's all what started.
Now PlayStation taking that crown, and of course they will play the best to get all people on PlayStation, that is why they didn't let crossplay. This is business decision and Ms will do (have done) the same if they are the leaders.
This is not understandable to gamers, so Sony will be evil because not open up, gamers just want everything, they doesnt care why Sony took that stand. If things getting worse, then Sony will change stand because why? Well business decisions again.

Deep down all developer knows that crossplay is just to make the game alive longer with better lobby matching.

Digital purchases will make big impact next gen, Ms understand that, that is why they going for subscription mode, and offered 1 usd upgrade to game pass, who have live gets free max 3 years free game pass, in time to next gen.

I have interesting take on gamepass after subscribed for 2 years. Will write up after dinner

manix5
post Nov 23 2019, 08:30 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(Rei7 @ Nov 23 2019, 06:09 PM)

That add to all that, with Netflix like subs for games like Xbox Game pass would be game changer if Sony had one as well, because currently that's what's good about Xbox at least. Just for 10usd a month, you can play any new games that is out at launch, and other games included, for a fair and cheap price. You know the craze about Netflix like subs, Apple is doing it, Disney joining the fray, as well as Google now. Best value if Playstation has one as well, that's what I'm hoping for when they show the PS5, and all it's info.
Game pass is awesome, great value, all 1st party releasing on game pass and incredibly cheap for the contents.
But it seem didn't take cover the sales of games and ps4 game sales doing well. How?
There is a hole in how next gen will pay out with gamepass offering. Most of game pass subscription came from 1 usd upgrade from live member.

I sub to 2 years of live and get 2 years of ultimate. Played gears 5, then I also bought control and death stranding recently. Star wars looks great and it's from respawn. Sure picking up on next salary. Now I felt wasted sub to game pass, because by the time I finish all this games, next year q1 and q2 release is insane. So now I see game pass as 1st party pass. Because all this game not releasing on game pass.

I read up gamepass impression and community, it's all about people that just play what gamepass offer. They happy with games offered and hoping games they want to be release on game pass.

Basically what I coming to is, gamepass will not impact on next gen success.
And your example of Disney, apple coming to market is bad if translated to gaming world.

Imagine ea (they already have), ubisoft, SE, Sony, Ms, take2 all start their on subscription offering and start to make games to complete with each others.. We know how GAAS cost some of developers and game franchise.

Rei7
post Nov 23 2019, 10:25 PM

Multi-platformer
1,338 posts

QUOTE(manix5 @ Nov 23 2019, 08:30 PM)
Game pass is awesome, great value, all 1st party releasing on game pass and incredibly cheap for the contents.
But it seem didn't take cover the sales of games and ps4 game sales doing well. How?
There is a hole in how next gen will pay out with gamepass offering. Most of game pass subscription came from 1 usd upgrade from live member.

I sub to 2 years of live and get 2 years of ultimate. Played gears 5, then I also bought control and death stranding recently. Star wars looks great and it's from respawn. Sure picking up on next salary. Now I felt wasted sub to game pass, because by the time I finish all this games, next year q1 and q2 release is insane. So now I see game pass as 1st party pass. Because all this game not releasing on game pass.

I read up gamepass impression and community, it's all about people that just play what gamepass offer. They happy with games offered and hoping games they want to be release on game pass.

Basically what I coming to is, gamepass will not impact on next gen success.
And your example of Disney, apple coming to market is bad if translated to gaming world.

Imagine ea (they already have), ubisoft, SE, Sony, Ms, take2 all start their on subscription offering and start to make games to complete with each others.. We know how GAAS cost some of developers and game franchise.
Well it could be how it might shape to be, and yes good value but not much to offer at times. I just borrow the game pass ultimate from a friend in the netherlands who love his xbox lol, at least all first party titled game I was able to play on PC.

Also you never know how it might shape to be, but Sony, Microsoft and the other players still have a ton of money. Might end up like them buying exclusive 3rd party rights for such sub model if that ever takes off. That is correct tho, not very good for gaming industry in a way, considering how costly game development cost. But lets say a lot of indie game dev are on board and what not, it's actually not so bad la. In the end people might end up paying for such sub, or just buy a game separately. Just a new trend thing this days. Because yeah casual gamers vs hardcore gamers. There is just market for such a thing.
Rei7
post Nov 23 2019, 10:44 PM

Multi-platformer
1,338 posts

QUOTE(manix5 @ Nov 23 2019, 07:00 PM)
Oh my, that's alot to counter haha, it seem your take on PlayStation leadership is different.
You are right, people leaving because something is happening within management. But it is good thing rather than bad things as you are believing. Some will make smart decision n get promoted.
The sales, 1st party direction, 3rd party deals and much more indicates something right?

I'm not sure how well u know regarding ps3 and xbox360 gen history, beginning of the gen, xbox has the lead and they control all deals. Publishers will go for the money. Remember gta4 dlc? Well it's all what started.
Now PlayStation taking that crown, and of course they will play the best to get all people on PlayStation, that is why they didn't let crossplay. This is business decision and Ms will do (have done) the same if they are the leaders.
This is not understandable to gamers, so Sony will be evil because not open up, gamers just want everything, they doesnt care why Sony took that stand. If things getting worse, then Sony will change stand because why? Well business decisions again.

Deep down all developer knows that crossplay is just to make the game alive longer with better lobby matching.

Digital purchases will make big impact next gen, Ms understand that, that is why they going for subscription mode, and offered 1 usd upgrade to game pass, who have live gets free max 3 years free game pass, in time to next gen.

I have interesting take on gamepass after subscribed for 2 years. Will write up after dinner
Playing field for both PS vs Xbox gonna be a lot different next gen anyway, because of the number of game dev they bought, sure not all is as gold as Xbox, but with the right management, time and budget I'm sure both sides can deliver great games. I think im the end it will just be which games will have the most exclusives for gamers. Features and what not hard to say atm. Game streaming, game sub, vr and other stuff could be a deciding factor as well.

Also I don't think Xbox will make the same mistake as last time. So the gap might not be as wide for next gen. Here in Malaysia and also other Asia region, most likely PS will still be the number one choice. Just look at Japan for Xbox, dead market there.

Regarding crossplay actually it impacted a lot of players who uses different platform wanting to play with their friends. Also those who play on PC and also Nintendo. That's why at some point Microsoft and Nintendo team up making a video about how Minecraft is crossplatform for both Switch and Xbox One. That actually boosted a bit of sale and Playstation had to respond for it. After a whole they actually allow Fortnite and some other game for crossplay.

If you ask me la, even Playstation have to get the crossplay right next gen if not there will be bad press in the community. Xbox having backwards compatibility also made Sony push for backwards compatibility next gen. So in the end a healthy competition made all this decisions happening.

I relax je if next gen has a lot of exclusive I want to play, i'll just buy that console to play. I still game on my PC and Nintendo as well because best of everything man.

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0319sec    0.95    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 11th December 2019 - 02:08 AM