Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Driving Malaysia Car into Thailand, Step-by-Step guideline

views

paqralos
post Jan 4 2019, 07:33 PM

p@qY
4,468 posts

Hi all

Just wondering if I don't have the original car grant and the photocopied one is not endorsed by any officials is there any possibility of going through the border? I am going over this Sunday.

Please advise.

Thanks.
TSjaylim94
post Jan 6 2019, 07:48 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(paqralos @ Jan 4 2019, 07:33 PM)
Hi all

Just wondering if I don't have the original car grant and the photocopied one is not endorsed by any officials is there any possibility of going through the border? I am going over this Sunday.

Please advise.

Thanks.
To be safe, I must say is better you gather all the document requires.
Maybe some borders they can just give u pass if you going somewhere near the border <Dont take this serious, I did not try before>
ahchun
post Jan 6 2019, 08:29 PM

MiddleAge
893 posts

Hi all

Please advise.

Thanks.
Really depend on Thailand officer working on that day.
When u buy insurance, seller don't care. They just want to make money.

If you are u lucky, when u want to process for export paper at Thailand side, you maybe rejected.

If you feel 2019 you are very lucky then just do it. YOLO

chrischiang
post Jan 7 2019, 03:18 PM

Enthusiast
738 posts

Hi all

Please advise.

Thanks.
i went 4 times with the same photocopied without certified by anyone... all went thru without any problem. There are so many malaysia car cross border daily, i do not think those officer are so free to find fault. Just smile and be polite to them.

This post has been edited by chrischiang: Jan 7 2019, 03:18 PM
paqralos
post Jan 16 2019, 11:21 PM

p@qY
4,468 posts

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply. I went through the border without any issues with a photocopy uncertified car grant.

smile.gif
KingArthurVI
post Feb 15 2019, 10:00 AM

Casual
434 posts

Hi guys if I managed to get original grant from bank, do I need letter of authorization from the bank to authorize me to bring the car into Thailand?
TSjaylim94
post Feb 18 2019, 08:38 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(KingArthurVI @ Feb 15 2019, 10:00 AM)
Hi guys if I managed to get original grant from bank, do I need letter of authorization from the bank to authorize me to bring the car into Thailand?
Hi there,

letter of authorization is needed when the car owner is not with you in the journey.

Example,

Case 1:
Car owner is A, driver is B, Passenger in the car is A, B, C, D, and E
No letter of authorize require.

Case 2:
Car owner is A, driver is B, Passenger in the car is B, C, D, and E
Letter of authorization is require.

KingArthurVI
post Feb 19 2019, 05:18 PM

Casual
434 posts

QUOTE(jaylim94 @ Feb 18 2019, 08:38 PM)
Hi there,

letter of authorization is needed when the car owner is not with you in the journey.

Example,

Case 1:
Car owner is A, driver is B, Passenger in the car is A, B, C, D, and E
No letter of authorize require.

Case 2:
Car owner is A, driver is B, Passenger in the car is B, C, D, and E
Letter of authorization is require.
Thanks, looks like I'll need to ask my bank loan rep to issue a letter for me then. ohmy.gif
sllooi
post Feb 20 2019, 09:34 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(KingArthurVI @ Feb 19 2019, 05:18 PM)
Thanks, looks like I'll need to ask my bank loan rep to issue a letter for me then. ohmy.gif
If you are the car owner then there is no need of authorization letter. Just present urself with the original garan, let the custom know ur car color and how many ppl in ur car (including u).

If you borrow the car then u will need the authorization letter from the owner and that particular car's owner IC photo copy.
KingArthurVI
post Feb 20 2019, 04:41 PM

Casual
434 posts

QUOTE(sllooi @ Feb 20 2019, 09:34 AM)
If you are the car owner then there is no need of authorization letter. Just present urself with the original garan, let the custom know ur car color and how many ppl in ur car (including u).

If you borrow the car then u will need the authorization letter from the owner and that particular car's owner IC photo copy.
Problem is my grant is under public bank name lol. They said after I settled loan only can change the name on the grant... so I’ll likely need letter of authorization
TSjaylim94
post Feb 20 2019, 08:43 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(KingArthurVI @ Feb 20 2019, 04:41 PM)
Problem is my grant is under public bank name lol. They said after I settled loan only can change the name on the grant... so I’ll likely need letter of authorization
you mean u are paying the loan to public bank rite? actually you as a car owner can request back the car geran from them. They will give back you the original geran.
KingArthurVI
post Feb 20 2019, 08:46 PM

Casual
434 posts

QUOTE(jaylim94 @ Feb 20 2019, 08:43 PM)
you mean u are paying the loan to public bank rite? actually you as a car owner can request back the car geran from them. They will give back you the original geran.
Yeah my car loan is with Public Bank, I asked for the grant but I also have a photocopy, the grant shows vehicle name is under "PUBLIC BANK BERHAD", not my name, so I'd still need letter of authorization unfortunately... No wonder they would gladly give me the grant since it's under their name not mine. mega_shok.gif

This post has been edited by KingArthurVI: Feb 20 2019, 08:47 PM
djboycalvin
post Feb 21 2019, 09:57 AM

Getting Started
276 posts

i think mod should pin this topic .. very useful ..
mat_7824
post Feb 21 2019, 12:09 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(KingArthurVI @ Feb 20 2019, 08:46 PM)
Yeah my car loan is with Public Bank, I asked for the grant but I also have a photocopy, the grant shows vehicle name is under "PUBLIC BANK BERHAD", not my name , so I'd still need letter of authorization unfortunately... No wonder they would gladly give me the grant since it's under their name not mine. mega_shok.gif
new regulations ke? blink.gif blink.gif
car still under loan, vehicle name under your bank in VOC...really???

that's weird for me at least...
#Victor
post Feb 21 2019, 12:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,290 posts

QUOTE(mat_7824 @ Feb 21 2019, 12:09 PM)
new regulations ke?  blink.gif  blink.gif

Would like to know too... I tot owner name shouldn't be bank's name despite having loan under bank?
sllooi
post Feb 21 2019, 02:29 PM

13 posts

Mines still under loan but voc is under my name, yr 2017 car.
KingArthurVI
post Feb 21 2019, 06:08 PM

Casual
434 posts

QUOTE(mat_7824 @ Feb 21 2019, 12:09 PM)
new regulations ke?  blink.gif  blink.gif

QUOTE(#Victor @ Feb 21 2019, 12:43 PM)
Would like to know too... I tot owner name shouldn't be bank's name despite having loan under bank?
QUOTE(sllooi @ Feb 21 2019, 02:29 PM)
Mines still under loan but voc is under my name, yr 2017 car.
Not sure. Likely new rule by PBB since Chinaman bank damn cowardly. My loan took 2 appeals to go through as well so I wasn't surprised when the grant is under their name not mine. bangwall.gif
#Victor
post Feb 21 2019, 06:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,290 posts

QUOTE(KingArthurVI @ Feb 21 2019, 06:08 PM)
Not sure. Likely new rule by PBB since Chinaman bank damn cowardly. My loan took 2 appeals to go through as well so I wasn't surprised when the grant is under their name not mine. bangwall.gif
Maybe the photocopy one is not updated to ur name whereby the original VOC that kept by them is ur name already?
nebula87
post Apr 2 2019, 09:23 AM

On my way
676 posts

Hi TS,

I am going Hatyai next few weeks. I have few questions want to ask.

Q1. I have the VOC (original) and I don't need to go to JPJ to get "Maklumat Terperinci Kenderaan and Insurans"?

Q2. I need to print 2 copies of TM2 and TM3 and fill up (with normal hand writtings) before going in Hatyai right?

Q3. Should I need to prepare Malaysia Insurance Extension (Endorsement 101), and also Insurance cover note? What are they for?

Johnhun
post Apr 2 2019, 07:25 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(nebula87 @ Apr 2 2019, 09:23 AM)
Hi TS,

I am going Hatyai next few weeks. I have few questions want to ask.

Q1. I have the VOC (original) and I don't need to go to JPJ to get "Maklumat Terperinci Kenderaan and Insurans"?

Q2. I need to print 2 copies of TM2 and TM3 and fill up (with normal hand writtings) before going in Hatyai right?

Q3. Should I need to prepare Malaysia Insurance Extension (Endorsement 101), and also Insurance cover note? What are they for?
i remember back when january i just bring photostat version voc from jpj and go to the kopitiam (i forget what the shop called there are many beside the road along the way to bukit kayu hitam) that have currency exchange and insurance near thai border. tell them wan to enter thai by car they will guide u everything. they will give all the things u need just with a small fee around rm2-10 and thai insurance is a must

This post has been edited by Johnhun: Apr 2 2019, 07:29 PM

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0757sec    1.03    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd August 2019 - 03:46 AM