Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Driving Malaysia Car into Thailand, Step-by-Step guideline

views

TSjaylim94
post Sep 19 2018, 12:29 AM, updated 2 months ago

On my way
518 posts

Hello there smile.gif ,

In this thread I would like to share about the document require and procedure if you wanted to drive your car into the land of Thailand. bruce.gif

Document Required blink.gif :
1. Vehicle Ownership Certificate (VOC) / Sijil Pemilikan Kenderaan (SPK) / Car Grant
[Bring original copy, if you can't get original copy you need to get certify true copy of the photostat version by JPJ]
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

2. Passport or Border Pass [Border Pass is for resident stay nearby the border of Thailand]

3. Thailand Insurance [Purchase it before you enter Thailand, you can look around those insurance office that nearby the border]

4. (2) piece of TM 2 form << click on the TM2 to download the form

5. (2) piece of TM 3 form << click on the TM3 to download the form

6. (1) piece of TM 6 (Embarkment Card, usually people call it white card)
[you can get it when you enter their immigration office, ask around and see where can get it. I had ask around before crossing the border, they told me that their immigration not allow to give their embarkment card to public for keeping purpose.]

Optional :
1. Malaysia Insurance Extension, they call it Endorsement 101.

1.1 Your car insurance cover note

2. Authorize letter, (If the car you drive in is not under your name, you need a letter of authorize to prove that the car owner allowed you to drive into Thailand, and you need to bring the letter to Stamp by Commission Of Oath(COO)(Pesuruhjaya Sumpah), RM10 per Stamp )
** COO stamp is a must if you entering from Rantau Panjang, Kelantan. Other borders might don't really will check for the stamp.

2.1 with photocopy of the Owner IC

Procedure Of entering to the Land of Thailand

** In my case, I using Rantau Panjang, Kelantan to enter, and exit at Padang Besar, Perlis.

1. Queue at Malaysia Immigration Border.
usually they call it ICQ/CIQ or whatever similar combination of words.
C=Customs
I=Immigration
Q=Quarantine

2. At the Malaysia Counter, Pass over the passport of all the passenger inside your car to the immigration officer for the "check-out from Malaysia"
If you like to have the checkout stamp, you may request from the officer.

3. After checkout from Malaysia, drive around 400 meter, look for a parking and park your car, then every passenger need to enter the office for the Thailand check-in process.

4. Driver please prepare the following for the custom counter inside the building to generate a permit for you to drive your car around Thailand.
- Vehicle Ownership Certificate (VOC) / Sijil Pemilikan Kenderaan (SPK) / Car Grant
- Thailand Insurance
- Authorize letter with owner IC (If needed)
- Passport of the Driver

After the officer done, you will get something like this :

5. Ask those officer around for the Embarkment Card, and fill up all those details.
If you not sure how to fill it, there is a big signboard somewhere that guide you how to fill up all those details.
** If you did not print out/prepare TM2 & TM3, you can request the form from them as well.

6. Assume you had fill up all details on the TM2 (2 copies - 1 for arrival, 1 for departure) & TM3 (2 copies - 1 for arrival, 1 for departure) beforehand, queue over the immigration counter and provide all these document for check-in. Officer will take a photo of your face as well.
- Passport
- TM 6 [ Embarkment Card ]
- TM 2 ( 2 copies )
- TM 3 ( 2 copies )
Other passenger just queue and hand over passport and let the officer take a photo of your face will do.

7. Where everything is done by the immigration counter, you should have this now before you enter your car.
- Thailand arrival stamp on your passport
- TM 2 (1 copy ) & TM 3 ( 1 copy) with Thailand arrival stamp but the form is for departure use, check top right side, should be tick on the departure box.

- Simplified Customs Declaration Form, I call it car permit

In my case, my arrival of TM 2 (1 copy ) & TM 3 ( 1 copy) with Thailand arrival stamp is taken by Thai immigration officer and the officer help me to pass to the custom officer that working at drive-tru counter there. I follow the immigration officer to see the custom officer, the custom officer recognize my face and ask me to drive my car through them and pay them 25 baht for the entering fees.

8. Get back into your car, then drive through their "Drive-Thru" counter, pay the entering fees and get the receipt from them.

9. Not too far from the Drive-Tru counter, at the front there is a Custom officer counter as well, pass them your Simplified Customs Declaration Form (Car Permit) and them certify and sign, you will need to provide these following:
- Vehicle Ownership Certificate (VOC) / Sijil Pemilikan Kenderaan (SPK) / Car Grant
- Authorize letter with owner IC (If needed)
- Passport of the Driver

After everything is done, the officer will ask you to sign at the car permit as well, when everything is done, you can drive into the land of Thailand. thumbup.gif
If everything you feel unsure, you can actually park your car and settle all those paperwork sweat.gif

Procedure Of Exit from the Land of Thailand

1. Park your car at provide parking. and all passenger need to queue for "check-out"

2. For Driver, provide all these document
- Passport
- TM2
- TM3

3. After that you will only get back your passport with Thailand Departure Stamp.
And you still have the Simplified Customs Declaration Form (Car Permit) with you.
4. (I use walk) and look around for the Custom Counter at the "drive Tru" area, then hand in the car permit to the custom. They will ask you to fill in something in their (some kind of) log book. After that you wont get back anything.
** If you fail to return the permit back to Thailand Custom, you can be fine for a massive amount, you can read it from the Car Permit.

5. Everything is done at Thailand side, now drive around 600 Meter to Malaysia CIQ (Padang Besar).

6. Drive tru the immigration counter, pass over every passenger passport to the officer, you can ask for stamp of arrival if you want.

7. After done on immigration side, not far from from the immigration counter you will have Malaysia custom to check your car,
every passenger are require to come out from the car, and driver need to open the rear boot for the inspection.

For my case, since we carry luggage along with my trip, the officer ask me to take my luggage to their inspection x-ray machine for the checkup (like those airport inspection machine).

8. When everything is clear, Welcome back to Malaysia rclxm9.gif
Attached Image

This post has been edited by jaylim94: Sep 25 2018, 08:46 PM
19 Degree South
post Sep 19 2018, 01:29 AM

Casual
408 posts

Just park at duty free area! Take a cab into Siam land! Less hassle!
rcracer
post Sep 19 2018, 08:29 AM

?????
3,560 posts

My buddy convoy 4 pickup

Every one 10 bucks in passport, no need show documents, all stamped done
Zot
post Sep 19 2018, 08:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,143 posts

Last time I remember people put some money in passport during stamping. They will ask if no money, but if women give passport to stamp, they will not ask biggrin.gif

Last time, long long time already, in Thai border they asked if I have Thai insurance. I said no. I told them I just want to go for 1 night and retuirn the next day just to repair my car. They just let me in. smile.gif
rcracer
post Sep 19 2018, 08:37 AM

?????
3,560 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Sep 19 2018, 08:36 AM)
Last time I remember people put some money in passport during stamping. They will ask if no money, but if women give passport to stamp, they will not ask  biggrin.gif

Last time, long long time already, in Thai border they asked if I have Thai insurance. I said no. I told them I just want to go for 1 night and retuirn the next day just to repair my car. They just let me in.  smile.gif
Still got, put stamped fast, no put also stamped but need all your documents
stimix
post Sep 19 2018, 09:37 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

QUOTE(rcracer @ Sep 19 2018, 08:29 AM)
My buddy convoy 4 pickup

Every one 10 bucks in passport, no need show documents, all stamped done
Darn. Market spoiler. 10baht or RM1 enough dy. RM10..those Thais' immigration can be millionaire now
Effy92
post Sep 19 2018, 11:43 AM

Getting Started
266 posts

Good info.

I just back from phuket, krabi & hat yai convoy 3 car with my family. The experience was priceless.

To avoid long queue when entering thai, you guys can enter from kota putra ciq, durian burung kuala nerang. This one is new entrance open on 2010. Very less car here. Best time to enter thai boarder is after lunch hour.
WaCKy-Angel
post Sep 19 2018, 11:48 AM

PeACe~~
All Stars
17,592 posts

still need to buy Thai insurance if already added into Msia insurance?
sitescope
post Sep 19 2018, 02:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,687 posts

I've been to siam 6 times by car
Not remember need to pay entrance fee
New rule ?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
sitescope
post Sep 19 2018, 02:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,687 posts

Also TS u forgot to add schedule where we need to pay fee per person
Normally during peak hours

I saw the schedule outside but forgot to take pic

When i go in during non peak like 11am, no need to pay anything
But if peak like 12-2pm need to pay per person

TSjaylim94
post Sep 19 2018, 08:23 PM

On my way
518 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Sep 19 2018, 11:48 AM)
still need to buy Thai insurance if already added into Msia insurance?
Yes, you still need to buy Thai Insurance even know you extend Msia insurance,
The officer got ask for the thailand insurance, they dont even want to see my msia insurance. bangwall.gif
TSjaylim94
post Sep 19 2018, 08:25 PM

On my way
518 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Sep 19 2018, 02:03 PM)
I've been to siam 6 times by car
Not remember need to pay entrance fee
New rule ?
QUOTE(sitescope @ Sep 19 2018, 02:06 PM)
Also TS u forgot to add schedule where we need to pay fee per person
Normally during peak hours

I saw the schedule outside but forgot to take pic

When i go in during non peak like 11am, no need to pay anything
But if peak like 12-2pm need to pay per person
I not sure, but I also saw the schedule that need to pay. I didnt take photo as well bangwall.gif
And yes, I enter after 12pm bangwall.gif

blmse92
post Sep 19 2018, 10:53 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

Was wondering, going to Padang Besar side would be the same procedure?

This post has been edited by blmse92: Sep 19 2018, 10:54 PM
blmse92
post Sep 19 2018, 11:03 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

May i ask TM2 and TM3 form i need to print it out myself and fill up or i can get it on the spot when at the custom? Thanks. I going to Krabi and will be going through padang besar.
TSjaylim94
post Sep 20 2018, 08:06 PM

On my way
518 posts

QUOTE(blmse92 @ Sep 19 2018, 10:53 PM)
Was wondering, going to Padang Besar side would be the same procedure?
Each of the CIQ will be same procedure, is just the matters of strict enforcement or not.

QUOTE(blmse92 @ Sep 19 2018, 11:03 PM)
May i ask TM2 and TM3 form i need to print it out myself and fill up or i can get it on the spot when at the custom? Thanks. I going to Krabi and will be going through padang besar.
Well you can print it out TM2+TM3 beforehand, if you want fill up at thai customs there also can, they will have the form as well. smile.gif
My advise is print out all those document and fill up yourself 1st, can save your time and hassle. smile.gif
blmse92
post Sep 20 2018, 08:29 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(jaylim94 @ Sep 20 2018, 08:06 PM)
Each of the CIQ will be same procedure, is just the matters of strict enforcement or not.
Well you can print it out TM2+TM3 beforehand, if you want fill up at thai customs there also can, they will have the form as well.  smile.gif
My advise is print out all those document and fill up yourself 1st, can save your time and hassle.  smile.gif
Noted on this. Appreciated your info. *bookmarked this thread* rclxms.gif biggrin.gif
mytaffeta
post Sep 21 2018, 06:51 AM

Regular
1,229 posts

for future reference.. any convoy?
Icehart
post Sep 22 2018, 01:43 AM

All Stars
12,793 posts

The authorize letter no need to have the commissioner of oath stamp. You can even sign on behalf lol just make sure to bring the owner's IC photocopy.

Source: From my experience traveling on June via Padang Besar to Song Khla
jayko
post Sep 22 2018, 10:45 AM

Casual
389 posts

this is too troublesome man! not going there and facing this shiat
TSjaylim94
post Sep 22 2018, 07:57 PM

On my way
518 posts

QUOTE(Icehart @ Sep 22 2018, 01:43 AM)
The authorize letter no need to have the commissioner of oath stamp. You can even sign on behalf lol just make sure to bring the owner's IC photocopy.

Source: From my experience traveling on June via Padang Besar to Song Khla
If I not mistaken, if you were going nearby they can just ignore it.
Because I going to Krabi, furthermore I will travel more than 100km to the destination, so they want it.

smile.gif

Let me tell you my real case,
that time i enter Sg. Golok Immigration, I have the authorize letter as well but without Commission of Oath(COO) Stamp, I still proceed without asking around, at the end the officer there told me I need the stamp to proceed due to far travelling, and they just let me go because that day is holiday, there is no COO working at all.

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0442sec    2.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 6th December 2019 - 11:50 PM