7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Driving Malaysia Car into Thailand, Step-by-Step guideline

views

ajaibman
post Sep 23 2018, 10:11 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

For info, the insurance that available for purchase at those border seller, is only to cover the 3rd party Thai people bodily injury in case of an accident happen and involving Thai citizen.

Their properties (if any) is not covered by the insurance sold on the border (before entering Thailand).

You need to purchase the Por lor Bor (compulsory insurance for vehicle in the Land of Smile)

For motorcar the validity is 2 weeks minimum and for motorcycle minimum as 3 Months.
The one that they sell on border for 2 weeks, the validity is questionable if you purchase it for your motorbike.

Then you (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) to purchase the 3rd Party voluntary insurance from the Thai insurance agent or company they called it 3+ voluntary vehicle insurance.

This insurance to cover the damage caused for the Thai Citizen properties (Car/Motorcycle/Lembu and so forth) and you can only purchased in one year duration.

Example

They will give you a print out that need to stick into your windshields and clearly mention the car registration number validity of the insurance (one year) and the issuing agent. (Some Thai police roadblock will ask for this especially in northern Thailand after BKK)

This post has been edited by ajaibman: Sep 23 2018, 10:12 PM
raimy_m9
post Sep 25 2018, 03:00 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

QUOTE(jaylim94 @ Sep 22 2018, 07:57 PM)
If I not mistaken, if you were going nearby they can just ignore it.
Because I going to Krabi, furthermore I will travel more than 100km to the destination, so they want it.

smile.gif

Let me tell you my real case,
that time i enter Sg. Golok Immigration, I have the authorize letter as well but without Commission of Oath(COO) Stamp, I still proceed without asking around, at the end the officer there told me I need the stamp to proceed due to far travelling, and they just let me go because that day is holiday, there is no COO working at all.
i've been in and out from diff immigration checkpoint, either via bike or car, convoy or solo, all these place allows copy geran (and diff vehicle owner with authorize letter and copy ic) except sg kolok. this place is the only place that usually got problem
its because of the violence and bombing over there, their rules can be different at times. at one time i can just go with just a copy of my geran.
at one time, i cant, must have original, and i can see so many people have to turn back,.

but then hor, if you got money then eveything can settle.

This post has been edited by raimy_m9: Sep 25 2018, 03:02 PM
raimy_m9
post Sep 25 2018, 03:04 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

QUOTE(Icehart @ Sep 22 2018, 01:43 AM)
The authorize letter no need to have the commissioner of oath stamp. You can even sign on behalf lol just make sure to bring the owner's IC photocopy.

Source: From my experience traveling on June via Padang Besar to Song Khla
well, this is true, from my experinec, not need stamp.. just ic copy with palang also ok.
TSjaylim94
post Sep 25 2018, 08:44 PM

On my way
522 posts

QUOTE(ajaibman @ Sep 23 2018, 10:11 PM)
For info, the insurance that available for purchase at those border seller, is only to cover the 3rd party Thai people bodily injury in case of an accident happen and involving Thai citizen.

Their properties (if any) is not covered by the insurance sold on the border (before entering Thailand).

You need to purchase the Por lor Bor (compulsory insurance for vehicle in the Land of Smile)

For motorcar the validity is 2 weeks minimum and for motorcycle  minimum as 3 Months.
The one that they sell on border for 2 weeks, the validity is questionable if you purchase it for your motorbike.

Then you (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) to purchase the 3rd Party voluntary insurance from the Thai insurance agent or company they called it 3+ voluntary vehicle insurance.

This insurance to cover the damage caused for the Thai Citizen properties (Car/Motorcycle/Lembu and so forth)  and you can only purchased in one year duration.

Example

They will give you a print out that need to stick into your windshields and clearly mention the car registration number validity of the insurance (one year) and the issuing agent.  (Some Thai police roadblock will ask for this especially in northern Thailand after BKK)
Thanks for the information smile.gif

QUOTE(raimy_m9 @ Sep 25 2018, 03:00 PM)
i've been in and out from diff  immigration checkpoint, either via bike or car, convoy or solo, all these place allows copy geran (and diff  vehicle owner with authorize letter and copy ic) except sg kolok. this place is  the only place  that usually got problem
its because of the violence and bombing over there, their rules can be different at times. at one time i can just go with just a copy of my geran.
at one time, i cant, must have original, and i can see so many people have to turn back,.

but then hor, if you got money then eveything can settle.
Ah ya that's make sense now, because of the chaos happen on southern Thailand, they might be strict on those document.
I haven try on others custom borders before, maybe I should try it next time smile.gif

That time I didnt give kopi duit lah, their officer just smile smile and tell me next time must have stamp ah. mega_shok.gif

Coldf3ar
post Nov 2 2018, 11:54 PM

Casual
496 posts

This thread should be in travelling section i think. Been lurking around in that section and cant find proper info about this haha. Thanks alot TS.

I google around and saw this.

http://mrdefinite.net/bukit-kayu-hitam-bor...aysian-drivers/

The way he explain like very easy.
Is it true?
TSjaylim94
post Nov 3 2018, 09:43 PM

On my way
522 posts

QUOTE(Coldf3ar @ Nov 2 2018, 11:54 PM)
This thread should be in travelling section i think. Been lurking around in that section and cant find proper info about this haha. Thanks alot TS.

I google around and saw this.

http://mrdefinite.net/bukit-kayu-hitam-bor...aysian-drivers/

The way he explain like very easy.
Is it true?
Hi there,

is depend which border you enter, some are strict on document, I think bkt Kayu Hitam not so strict, I haven try before. tongue.gif

me_z_z_0
post Nov 13 2018, 04:38 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

I just went and back from Padang Besar. They need car registration certificate and passport to issue so called Thailand permit.
sllooi
post Nov 21 2018, 11:37 PM

18 posts

How to get the certified true copy of voc? Need to bring a copy to certified or can print at any Jpj?
TSjaylim94
post Nov 22 2018, 08:29 PM

On my way
522 posts

QUOTE(sllooi @ Nov 21 2018, 11:37 PM)
How to get the certified true copy of voc? Need to bring a copy to certified or can print at any Jpj?
Hi there,

If you are force to use photocopy of reg card, you can go to jpj there ask them to certify your photostat copy, of course you need to prepare the photostat copy yourself.

Well if you want to save your hassle, just request the original copy from your loan representative bank. They will give you back if your installment is well payment and no late payment.

biggrin.gif
sllooi
post Nov 23 2018, 04:40 AM

18 posts

QUOTE(jaylim94 @ Nov 22 2018, 08:29 PM)
Hi there,

If you are force to use photocopy of reg card, you can go to jpj there ask them to certify your photostat copy, of course you need to prepare the photostat copy yourself.

Well if you want to save your hassle, just request the original copy from your loan representative bank. They will give you back if your installment is well payment and no late payment.

biggrin.gif
Thks, bro.
devil_x
post Dec 3 2018, 05:55 PM

Casual
483 posts

Hi There. just wondering.

Optional :
1. Malaysia Insurance Extension, they call it Endorsement 101.

Is this a must?
TSjaylim94
post Dec 3 2018, 07:16 PM

On my way
522 posts

QUOTE(devil_x @ Dec 3 2018, 05:55 PM)
Hi There. just wondering.

Optional :
1. Malaysia Insurance Extension, they call it Endorsement 101.

Is this a must?
Hi there,

This is not required by Thailand, but this is geographical coverage extension by your car insurance.
Originally our car insurance only cover Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore only, the rest of the country u need to top up.
For more details you can check with your insurance company.

smile.gif
invest2229
post Dec 16 2018, 09:18 PM

On my way
615 posts

This Christmas I plan to drive in to Hat Yai. As of now my car is under bank loan and original car geran is not with me. Do I need to JPJ to get certify true copy?
TSjaylim94
post Dec 17 2018, 08:59 PM

On my way
522 posts

QUOTE(invest2229 @ Dec 16 2018, 09:18 PM)
This Christmas I plan to drive in to Hat Yai. As of now my car is under bank loan and original car geran is not with me. Do I need to JPJ to get certify true copy?
Well you can go back the bank and request the original car geran.
For my opinion, This is less hassle than you get the JPJ certify true copy. smile.gif
System Error Message
post Dec 18 2018, 11:33 AM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(jaylim94 @ Sep 19 2018, 12:29 AM)
... (clipped)
Thanks for sharing, should be pinned and should also have one made for singapore too

TSjaylim94
post Dec 20 2018, 08:42 PM

On my way
522 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Dec 18 2018, 11:33 AM)
Thanks for sharing, should be pinned and should also have one made for singapore too
Hi there,

thanks for the appreciate.

The last time i enter Singapore from Tuas quite straight forward, they just need you to have valid road Tax(take photo with your phone and show them for Ez Link purchase) and purchase their Ez link(if your car is 1st time visit), then you are good to go. smile.gif
mambojambo
post Dec 26 2018, 01:32 PM

39 posts

Thanks for sharing. Can anyone share experience in terms of car and petrol? I heard things like Gasohol not suitable for our car. Is it true?
ajaibman
post Dec 26 2018, 01:37 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(jaylim94 @ Dec 3 2018, 07:16 PM)
Hi there,

This is not required by Thailand, but this is geographical coverage extension by your car insurance.
Originally our car insurance only cover Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore only, the rest of the country u need to top up.
For more details you can check with your insurance company. 

smile.gif
This endorsement just to cover your vehicle damage when involve in an accident inside the kingdom of Thai..

If you don't have this endorsement, whatever repair cost/towing to the border is not covered by your own car insurance.

For my peace of mind, I better endorsed.
TSjaylim94
post Dec 26 2018, 08:37 PM

On my way
522 posts

QUOTE(mambojambo @ Dec 26 2018, 01:32 PM)
Thanks for sharing. Can anyone share experience in terms of car and petrol? I heard things like Gasohol not suitable for our car. Is it true?
Hi there,

like myself that time driving Proton Saga FLX 2011, before I go I had ask proton about the fuel. But they still ask me to refer manual as I already know that manual state that minimum fuel requirement is RON95.

and that time I fuel up at Hatyai (RM4.93 per Litre for Caltex Gold 95) and Trang (RM5.12 per Litre for Caltex Gold 95)

my point is, I dont want any trouble regarding car when the car is not at your own territory. Unless you pretty confident your car can survive with that gasohol brows.gif
System Error Message
post Dec 27 2018, 12:39 AM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(jaylim94 @ Dec 26 2018, 08:37 PM)
Hi there,

like myself that time driving Proton Saga FLX 2011, before I go I had ask proton about the fuel. But they still ask me to refer manual as I already know that manual state that minimum fuel requirement is RON95.

and that time I fuel up at Hatyai (RM4.93 per Litre for Caltex Gold 95) and Trang (RM5.12 per Litre for Caltex Gold 95)

my point is, I dont want any trouble regarding car when the car is not at your own territory. Unless you pretty confident your car can survive with that gasohol  brows.gif
RON 95 is just the rating, Gasohol actually has a much higher RON rating. Adding alcohol to gasoline (pure alcohol, dont add vodka drinks) increases the octane rating so if your car needs RON 97 as a minimum you can use it, however depending on the blend, the minimum will be RON 95 .

There are 2 ratings for fuel, the octane rating and the anti knock index. Every engine is designed to run at a minimum of those except diesels. Diesels will run on any heavy hydrocarbons that will only combust under heavy pressure so you can use used cooking oil as long as you process it to the same standards as the diesel at the pump. There is a catch in that you will get significantly less fuel economy with alcohol blended petrol but you can get more power potentially depending on the ECU. A lot of cars will run on this fuel without any modifications but if your car is from the 90s or early 2000s you can check if its designed for other fuels or not. However usually as long as the fuel has the same octane and anti knock index or better than rated for your car you're good to go (for petrol). For diesel however it doesnt matter what fuel you use, but those injectors on newer cars are sensitive, so if you decide to run stuff like cooking oil, make sure to process it to the same fineness as the diesel at the pump, so its going to take precision filters and processing (like ensuring the PH value accurately too).

Note that you dont need euro diesel to run your diesel car, the cheap so called crappy diesel at our station pumps will run them fine, no difference in their performance or longevity either. Australia is like us in our diesel quality and they have a lot of people driving diesels, i would not worry even if you have a TDI. Even though ethonal blended fuel will have less range, the difference is price, so just calculate based on mileage or even the car's onboard trip meter and compare to the difference in price.

7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:09 PM