Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

100 Pages « < 28 29 30 31 32 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

-+♠+-LYN Proton Persona IAFM Owners Club V55-+♠+-, The besi buruk counting it's days.

views

delsoo
post Apr 18 2019, 08:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,187 posts

Today my persona wouldnt start, no cranking sound at all. eventually the foreman just took out the battery and reconnect it. According to him , either ECU gt problem or the chipset in the key is faulty . Just curious, the ECU will 'kong' so easily ?

This post has been edited by delsoo: Apr 18 2019, 08:25 PM
dares
post Apr 19 2019, 01:29 AM

Enthusiast
827 posts

QUOTE(delsoo @ Apr 18 2019, 08:25 PM)
Today my persona wouldnt start, no cranking sound at all. eventually the foreman just took out the battery and reconnect it. According to him , either ECU gt problem or the chipset in the key is faulty . Just curious, the ECU will 'kong' so easily ?
What do you mean the foreman took out the battery and reconnect it?

Did you drop your keys prior to that happening (unable to start)? a faulty immobilizer chip in your keys can cause the ECU refusing to crank.
Asus
post Apr 19 2019, 08:12 AM

VXR 200
2,782 posts

hi guys i got an aircond problem..

when i park outside and its really hot, my aircond will not be cold at all..it takes about an hour then only can cool down..
kausar
post Apr 19 2019, 08:15 AM

On my way
604 posts

starter problem ?
inferno_17_85
post Apr 19 2019, 09:17 AM

14 posts

Same to me. But my problem still comes back time to time even after ECU change. So don't bother about it. Just standby a spanner in car to disconnect negative terminal of battery and connect it back again is this happen.

I notice mine occurs mostly after heavy rain. Probably something to do with wiring system.
ask_dino
post Apr 19 2019, 09:23 AM

DS is the name
736 posts

QUOTE(kausar @ Apr 19 2019, 08:15 AM)
starter problem ?
I agreed, maybe you should check the starter. Previously i have the same problem as well, suspected my battery and after further checking on the starter and alternator it actually the starter fault.

First time change the starter
inferno_17_85
post Apr 19 2019, 10:15 AM

14 posts

QUOTE(ask_dino @ Apr 19 2019, 09:23 AM)
I agreed, maybe you should check the starter. Previously i have the same problem as well, suspected my battery and after further checking on the starter and alternator it actually the starter fault.

May i know how your mechanic confirm it's fault of starter?

Because in my scenario it's immobilizer activated. How i crank also no sound.
delsoo
post Apr 19 2019, 05:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,187 posts

QUOTE(inferno_17_85 @ Apr 19 2019, 09:17 AM)
Same to me. But my problem still comes back time to time even after ECU change. So don't bother about it. Just standby a spanner in car to disconnect negative terminal of battery and connect it back again is this happen.

I notice mine occurs mostly after heavy rain. Probably something to do with wiring system.
How much did the ecu cost? Mine occurred in the hot afternoon. The car suddenly can not start for the first time after years.
delsoo
post Apr 19 2019, 05:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,187 posts

QUOTE(ask_dino @ Apr 19 2019, 09:23 AM)

If starter is faulty, then I pull out the battery and reconnect it also wouldn't start, right?
delsoo
post Apr 19 2019, 05:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,187 posts

QUOTE(dares @ Apr 19 2019, 01:29 AM)
What do you mean the foreman took out the battery and reconnect it?

Did you drop your keys prior to that happening (unable to start)? a faulty immobilizer chip in your keys can cause the ECU refusing to crank.
This is a secondhand car, when I gt the car, the key ady gt problem. Sometimes, when I press the button hard. I still cannot open the door. Before the car was unable to start, I didn't drop the key. Maybe I placed it in my tight pocket that caused the problem?
inferno_17_85
post Apr 19 2019, 07:28 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(delsoo @ Apr 19 2019, 05:13 PM)
How much did the ecu cost? Mine occurred in the hot afternoon. The car suddenly can not start for the first time after years.
400+. But no point. Nothing solved after ECU change. For me u change because proton centre told me my knock sensor code could be also ECU problem. Never went back to that proton edar again.

Anyway I suspect battery getting weak and that somehow triggered the issue. Incidence was a lot less after I change battery. How old is your car battery?

QUOTE(delsoo @ Apr 19 2019, 05:16 PM)
This is a secondhand car, when I gt the car, the key ady gt problem. Sometimes, when I press the button hard. I still cannot open the door. Before the car was unable to start, I didn't drop the key. Maybe I placed it in my tight pocket that caused the problem?
It's the sponge that pressing on unlock button getting flattened by long term pressing it. Try open it up, add some paper bits in between your button overlay and the button on the chip.

If you hardly drop your keys, mostly the immobilizer chip is not damaged. Original immobilizer chip of Persona is plastic type, not glass tube type. Even drop also won't be so easy to spoil.

This post has been edited by inferno_17_85: Apr 19 2019, 07:29 PM
delsoo
post Apr 19 2019, 08:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,187 posts

QUOTE(inferno_17_85 @ Apr 19 2019, 07:28 PM)
400+. But no point. Nothing solved after ECU change. For me u change because proton centre told me my knock sensor code could be also ECU problem. Never went back to that proton edar again.

Anyway I suspect battery getting weak and that somehow triggered the issue. Incidence was a lot less after I change battery. How old is your car battery?
It's the sponge that pressing on unlock button getting flattened by long term pressing it. Try open it up, add some paper bits in between your button overlay and the button on the chip.

If you hardly drop your keys, mostly the immobilizer chip is not damaged. Original immobilizer chip of Persona is plastic type, not glass tube type. Even drop also won't be so easy to spoil.
Car battery was 1.5 yr old. Just checked 2 weeks ago, the battery health is still strong as told by mechanic in proton sc
inferno_17_85
post Apr 20 2019, 01:22 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(delsoo @ Apr 19 2019, 08:44 PM)
Car battery was 1.5 yr old. Just checked 2 weeks ago, the battery health is still strong as told by mechanic in proton sc
You try observe see see to compare now and in future after battery change. Everytime this happens just disconnect negative end of battery and solve it. Not a big problem. Persona owners typically have good hands on skills.

kausar
post Apr 20 2019, 01:27 PM

On my way
604 posts

QUOTE(delsoo @ Apr 19 2019, 08:44 PM)
1.5 is near dead battery. Maintenance free batt will show good health but if it want to die there some symptom like hard to start. If starter problem ur car will not crank , u should service as new starter is costly as persona use high speed like mitsu.
delsoo
post Apr 20 2019, 04:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,187 posts

QUOTE(kausar @ Apr 20 2019, 01:27 PM)
1.5 is near dead battery. Maintenance free batt will show good health but if it want to die there some symptom like hard to start. If starter problem ur car will not crank  , u should service as new starter is costly as persona use high speed like mitsu.
Then, according to you my car is having starter problem or weak battery?
delsoo
post Apr 20 2019, 04:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,187 posts

QUOTE(inferno_17_85 @ Apr 20 2019, 01:22 PM)
You try observe see see to compare now and in future after battery change. Everytime this happens just disconnect negative end of battery and solve it. Not a big problem. Persona owners typically have good hands on skills.
Despite the small hiccups here and there, it's still a good car. Haha

This post has been edited by delsoo: Apr 20 2019, 04:15 PM
dragonteoh
post Apr 21 2019, 09:52 PM

Enthusiast
710 posts

Hi guys,

anybody know this rubber hose name ?

is it call Air Intake Hose ?

user posted image

mine unit got one part was starting crack (the area which connect another hose to engine, that L shape area start got cracking line on the base rubber)

How much will it cost for ori part ?

(for the moment i use heat glue gun to glue that area)

Thanks.

This post has been edited by dragonteoh: Apr 21 2019, 09:54 PM
bismaximus
post Apr 21 2019, 11:24 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

Anyone with an owners manual....what does 4 blinks (red LED) mean?
Also lately my car also hard to start at times 1 click and nothing, seems to be a contact issue with the battery (I realized my battery bracket missing, where to get one eh?)..or can it be starter?..usually after couple of times will start or if I wiggle the battery it will work.
inferno_17_85
post Apr 22 2019, 09:25 AM

14 posts

QUOTE(dragonteoh @ Apr 21 2019, 09:52 PM)
Hi guys,

anybody know this rubber hose name ?

is it call Air Intake Hose ?

user posted image
mine unit got one part was starting crack (the area which connect another hose to engine, that L shape area start got cracking line on the base rubber)

How much will it cost for ori part ?
(for the moment i use heat glue gun to glue that area)

Thanks.
Search for PW895056. If you're in KL maybe you can buy it in COSE.

inferno_17_85
post Apr 22 2019, 09:33 AM

14 posts

QUOTE(bismaximus @ Apr 21 2019, 11:24 PM)
Anyone with an owners manual....what does 4 blinks (red LED) mean?
Also lately my car also hard to start at times 1 click and nothing, seems to be a contact issue with the battery (I realized my battery bracket missing, where to get one eh?)..or can it be starter?..usually after couple of times will start or if I wiggle the battery it will work.
Can refer to post #608 by ZenGTMM

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1924195/+600

Anyway it sounds to me your LED blinking is due to intermittent connect disconnect of your battery due to loss of bracket. You might want to fix that first.

100 Pages « < 28 29 30 31 32 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:12 PM