Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> -+♠+-LYN Proton Persona IAFM Owners Club V55-+♠+-, The besi buruk counting it's days.

views

persona93
post Apr 22 2019, 04:55 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

hi guys, long post below, but I really wanna salvage my first car

-Persona H Line, 2010

Bought in October 2010 - my father's gift to me (hence the reason why I wanna do up the car good and rock it on)

A little background on me

- freshie
- started working last June 2018
- taking bus to work, RM0.80 one way so yea you guys get the gist of me not driving daily

so here goes

2 years after i got the car, 2012 i got into an accident, was in shop for 4 months (from here the steering rack was leaking)

here's when the ordeal all began

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

my 8055 says, B is good, but he also told me to visit SC straight

here's another part

so with all that being said, i would like to know hints to my myriad of problems and hassle, all due because of me getting involved in that accident ><

i remember workshop A saying to change my fuel pump (something2 behind the passenger seat), workshop B after checking my battery said the biggest problem could be there's current leak somewhere

tldr below

i'll update with receipts on the services done on my car later when i'm home

i'm sorry if my timeline sucks guys, please help me out in salvaging my first car

TY all for your time

really appreciate it

i will answer any queries as best as i can

notworthy.gif

inferno_17_85
post Apr 22 2019, 09:37 PM

QUOTE(persona93 @ Apr 22 2019, 04:55 PM)
hi guys, long post below, but I really wanna salvage my first car

-Persona H Line, 2010

Bought in October 2010 - my father's gift to me (hence the reason why I wanna do up the car good and rock it on)

A little background on me

- freshie
- started working last June 2018
- taking bus to work, RM0.80 one way so yea you guys get the gist of me not driving daily

so here goes

2 years after i got the car, 2012 i got into an accident, was in shop for 4 months (from here the steering rack was leaking)

here's when the ordeal all began

my 8055 says, B is good, but he also told me to visit SC straight

here's another part

so with all that being said, i would like to know hints to my myriad of problems and hassle, all due because of me getting involved in that accident ><

i remember workshop A saying to change my fuel pump (something2 behind the passenger seat), workshop B after checking my battery said the biggest problem could be there's current leak somewhere

tldr below

i'll update with receipts on the services done on my car later when i'm home

i'm sorry if my timeline sucks guys, please help me out in salvaging my first car

TY all for your time

really appreciate it

i will answer any queries as best as i can

notworthy.gif
Sorry answer before i jumped into suggesting solution.

How bad you really want to salvage this car? Willing to rebuilt from ground zero? Or like me decided to ditch my father's iswara when repairing cost exceeded cost of servicing new car loan?

Another aspect is you're fresh grad, instead of dumping your blood sweat money into, i quote Scotty Kilmer, endless money pit, I'm sure there's better place to utilise your money right?

So please tell me how bad you want to salvage it?
persona93
post Yesterday, 09:14 AM

Casual

QUOTE(inferno_17_85 @ Apr 22 2019, 09:37 PM)
Sorry answer before i jumped into suggesting solution.

How bad you really want to salvage this car? Willing to rebuilt from ground zero? Or like me decided to ditch my father's iswara when repairing cost exceeded cost of servicing new car loan?

Another aspect is you're fresh grad, instead of dumping your blood sweat money into, i quote Scotty Kilmer, endless money pit, I'm sure there's better place to utilise your money right?

So please tell me how bad you want to salvage it?
hi good morning

thank you for taking the time to reply my post

well, i guess i'm willing to do it up if it's less than 10k

and yes, there's always the thoughts of saving my cash to dump into FD, i can say i can save 2.5k every month +- so yea, the FD money is lucrative

a chat with my 8055 today morning is to go to B and pay them labor cost for them to list down everything that's wrong with my car and see the quote ><
inferno_17_85
post Yesterday, 10:18 AM

QUOTE(persona93 @ Apr 23 2019, 09:14 AM)
hi good morning

thank you for taking the time to reply my post

well, i guess i'm willing to do it up if it's less than 10k

and yes, there's always the thoughts of saving my cash to dump into FD, i can say i can save 2.5k every month +- so yea, the FD money is lucrative

a chat with my 8055 today morning is to go to B and pay them labor cost for them to list down everything that's wrong with my car and see the quote ><
Hmm, while this is not a forum for life advice, let's structure your problem from technical aspect.

1) Difficulty to start problem: To me this seems o be like electrical wiring problem after your engine overheat repair. You need to check on grounding and see if they put back the wiring system like grounding to before overheating. If you use reconditioned alternator and starter, it could be poor condition of those part, try use new one for those part if you can. By the way, if your mechanic requires "change this and change that" to diagnose your problem, you probably need a new mechanic.

2) Air conditioning: This is straight forward. It's wear and tear since this current set served you 9 years. Mine was damaged at 6 years mark, broken pump pulley. You can repair according, but parts of the system will take turn to break down since they're that ancient; pump, condenser, cooling coil, fan etc... Try to use new parts rather than refurbished part of its within your financial means.

3) Looks, exterior and accessory like doors and power windows: these are not expensive fix compared to the others can get them fixed in accessory shop and body paint shop.

Edit:
4) Power steering rack: Don't think there's anything you can do about it other than change it, or just keep topping up power steering oil. No one repairs power steering to satisfactory state anymore these days.
End of edit

To be honest since you drive so little, is probably not worth the money and trouble to keep and maintain a car unless it's sentimental thingy; but then sentimental car either cost you some serious money, or serious DIY effort.

Edit 2: By the way what's 8055? No offence but I really don't know.

This post has been edited by inferno_17_85: Yesterday, 10:23 AM
persona93
post Yesterday, 10:36 AM

Casual

QUOTE(inferno_17_85 @ Apr 23 2019, 10:18 AM)
Hmm, while this is not a forum for life advice, let's structure your problem from technical aspect.

1) Difficulty to start problem: To me this seems o be like electrical wiring problem after your engine overheat repair. You need to check on grounding and see if they put back the wiring system like grounding to before overheating. If you use reconditioned alternator and starter, it could be poor condition of those part, try use new one for those part if you can. By the way, if your mechanic requires "change this and change that" to diagnose your problem, you probably need a new mechanic.

2) Air conditioning: This is straight forward. It's wear and tear since this current set served you 9 years. Mine was damaged at 6 years mark, broken pump pulley. You can repair according, but parts of the system will take turn to break down since they're that ancient; pump, condenser, cooling coil, fan etc... Try to use new parts rather than refurbished part of its within your financial means.

3) Looks, exterior and accessory like doors and power windows: these are not expensive fix compared to the others can get them fixed in accessory shop and body paint shop.

Edit:
4) Power steering rack: Don't think there's anything you can do about it other than change it, or just keep topping up power steering oil. No one repairs power steering to satisfactory state anymore these days.
End of edit

To be honest since you drive so little, is probably not worth the money and trouble to keep and maintain a car unless it's sentimental thingy; but then sentimental car either cost you some serious money, or serious DIY effort.
it's gonna be tedious work i guess, but that time i changed my spark plugs and alternator from A, they were new ones - but now i hope B will help me determine if they were really new

well yea, since i drive so little, i don't really see the rationale of me paying 600++ for a new Myvi

but when me my parents need to go out and when i need to do errands, then if the car cannot start, i seriously lose my mood ><

alright noted sir

tyvm for your response

thumbsup.gif
iskazulka
post Yesterday, 05:07 PM

all can repairable, only concern is the money, and want to add one more, reliable workshop.

and better taking care of car in the future.

This post has been edited by iskazulka: Yesterday, 05:16 PM

31 Pages « < 29 30 31Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0783sec    0.91    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th April 2019 - 02:16 AM