57 Pages « < 46 47 48 49 50 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Toyota Avanza Owners V2, Discussions, Talks, Sharing

views

zeng
post Aug 2 2021, 11:44 AM

Regular
1,760 posts

Sharing Version 2.0 of Avanza Alignment specification.

Its Preferred Camber is -00°30' (negative) and differs from +00°30' of Ver 1.0 .

Attached Image

This post has been edited by zeng: Aug 2 2021, 11:48 AM
butthead76
post Aug 3 2021, 06:01 AM

Regular
1,398 posts

QUOTE(zeng @ Aug 2 2021, 11:44 AM)
Sharing Version 2.0 of Avanza Alignment specification.

Its Preferred Camber is -00°30' (negative) and differs from +00°30' of Ver 1.0 .

Attached Image
Other day I saw mine at tyre shop like 15'.
zeng
post Aug 3 2021, 07:02 AM

Regular
1,760 posts

QUOTE(butthead76 @ Aug 3 2021, 06:01 AM)
Other day I saw mine at tyre shop like 15'.
Negative or positive camber ?

Last December I did -15' camber at both front tyres and it was a big improvement in cornering compared to prior alignment which I speculate to be a positive camber.

Left Front toe-in was +7' and RF was +5'. With hands off the steering wheel, the car drifts and veers to the left slightly.

Nice and steady straight ahead driving but 6 months later now I find turning right requires more effort to steer than turning left. Suspecting front toes too high?

What's your front toes?

Unfortunately I didn't have camber and toes for Rear which may help to explain car drifts left problem with hands off the steering wheel.

Do you have yours ? If yes, what are the numbers.
ktek
post Aug 3 2021, 09:12 AM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,546 posts

QUOTE(zeng @ Aug 3 2021, 07:02 AM)
Last December I did -15'  camber at both front tyres and it was a big improvement in cornering compared to prior alignment which I speculate to be a positive camber.
Left Front toe-in was +7' and RF was +5'. With hands off the steering wheel, the car drifts and veers to the left slightly.
Nice and steady straight ahead driving but 6 months later now I find turning right requires more effort to steer than turning left. Suspecting front toes too high?
What's your front toes?
Unfortunately I didn't have camber and toes for Rear which may help to explain car drifts left problem with hands off the steering wheel.

rear affects direction whenever height is changing. try carry heavvy at back VS carry empty
zeng
post Aug 3 2021, 12:47 PM

Regular
1,760 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Aug 3 2021, 09:12 AM)
rear affects direction whenever height is changing. try carry heavvy at back VS carry empty
I did that with 'extra' weights at the rear of my Hilux and Prado , then it was a lot lot more steady in driving straight and steering.

Have anyone tried this method with Avanza, and whether it works ?
butthead76
post Aug 7 2021, 07:28 AM

Regular
1,398 posts

QUOTE(zeng @ Aug 3 2021, 07:02 AM)

Last December I did -15'  camber at both front tyres and it was a big improvement in cornering compared to prior alignment which I speculate to be a positive camber.

What's your front toes?

-15'. I wanted to take photo, suddenly tyre shop finish it. HHAHAHA...didn't see other settings. Anyway now hardly drive. about 15th Apr to 7th Aug only like 500km mileage.

Yesterday sat in wife new avanza, make me dizzy only. damn sioft the suspension. I came back, stand at side, 1 hand lean on center side. So easy to tilt. Then I go try at my old avanza, can feel need to force to lean against it. I think the Kayaba RS is stiffer with the harder springs.
zeng
post Aug 7 2021, 10:09 AM

Regular
1,760 posts

QUOTE(butthead76 @ Aug 7 2021, 07:28 AM)
-15'. I wanted to take photo, suddenly tyre shop finish it. HHAHAHA...didn't see other settings. Anyway now hardly drive. about 15th Apr to 7th Aug only like 500km mileage.

Yesterday sat in wife new avanza, make me dizzy only. damn sioft the suspension. I came back, stand at side, 1 hand lean on center side. So easy to tilt. Then I go try at my old avanza, can feel need to force to lean against it. I think the Kayaba RS is stiffer with the harder springs.
Thanks.

Wife's Avanza is new? How many kms or months so far?
I ask about 'age' of your new Avanza is because gathering from what I have read online thus far, it is quite common for wheel alignments of brand new cars to be 'less than ideal' possibly causing the car to veer or drift to one side with hands off the steering wheel or steering wheel points to one side on straight ahead driving, never mind the fact the alignment print-out may be all green.

If a 'new' car were to visit SC at very low mileage of x km odometer (or within x months) say, on complaints of car drifting to one side etc, it would be free for owner as it is covered under warranty claim period.
Now, what is x for local Toyota for warranty purpose? IDK. It would be nice if anybody here could enlighten us.

Simultaneously, you get to demand a copy of re-alignment print-outs for your safe keeping. For all we know, sometimes this print-out/results may later on, possibly explain some weird 'behaviours' of its suspension/handling in times to come, if one ever occurs.

A relative of mine is getting a new Camry Hybrid soon. I will remind him to try find 'faults' with its handling like drifting to one side or unsteady/nervous steering etc .............
and claim free warranty say within 500 km and gets to obtain a print-out of its wheel alignment results for safe keeping and reference in future.

On your 'old' Avanza Front cambers of -15', I think it maybe a good results in giving you better cornering/turning experience as compared to those Avanza's on positive camber . Sometimes I suspect your 'dizzyness' in your wife's new Avanza may have something to do with installed factory cambers of +30' ± , who knows.

Your method of 1 hand lean on centre side ..... sounds interesting to me. I would do one on my Avanza of known alignment angles and see how it feels ..........

This post has been edited by zeng: Aug 7 2021, 10:52 AM
butthead76
post Aug 8 2021, 09:13 AM

Regular
1,398 posts

QUOTE(zeng @ Aug 7 2021, 10:09 AM)
Thanks.

Wife's Avanza is new? How many kms or months so far?
I ask about 'age' of your new Avanza is because gathering from what I have read online thus far, it is quite common for wheel alignments of brand new cars to be 'less than ideal' possibly causing the car to veer or drift to one side with hands off the steering wheel or steering wheel points to one side on straight ahead driving, never mind the fact the alignment print-out may be all green.

If a 'new' car were to visit SC at very low mileage of  x km odometer (or within x months) say, on complaints of car drifting to one side etc, it would be free for owner as it is covered under warranty claim period.
Now, what is x for local Toyota for warranty purpose? IDK. It would be nice if anybody here could enlighten us.

Simultaneously, you get to demand a copy of re-alignment print-outs for your safe keeping. For all we know, sometimes this print-out/results may later on, possibly explain some weird 'behaviours' of its suspension/handling in times to come, if one ever occurs.

A relative of mine is getting a new Camry Hybrid soon. I will remind him to try find 'faults' with its handling like drifting to one side or unsteady/nervous steering etc .............
and claim free warranty say within 500 km and gets to obtain a print-out of its wheel alignment results for safe keeping and reference in future.

On your 'old' Avanza Front cambers of -15', I think it maybe a good results in giving you better cornering/turning experience as compared to those Avanza's on positive camber . Sometimes I suspect your 'dizzyness' in your wife's new Avanza may have something to do with installed factory cambers of +30' ± , who knows.

Your method of 1 hand lean on centre side ..... sounds interesting to me. I would do one on my Avanza of known alignment angles and see how it feels ..........
New avanza for around 4 yrs ownership, 25k km...hahahah. You mentioned the allignment matter u need to go a good shop. So far found 2 at my place and 1 at PJ. These are my usual shop. The drifting to 1 side because the shop doesn't know how to do it properly.

My dizziness as I got motion sickness...hahahaha. Warranty over, so will be doing all tyre and maintaince outside. Cheaper.

1 hand push just a quick check on stability, if easy to rock n roll, then taking corners, bumps, etc will be dangerous. That's is why I dare to whack kaw kaw corner because I know my suspension is stiff. But remember to fit good tyres too.
zeng
post Aug 10 2021, 11:47 AM

Regular
1,760 posts

QUOTE(butthead76 @ Aug 8 2021, 09:13 AM)
New avanza for around 4 yrs ownership, 25k km...hahahah. You mentioned the allignment matter u need to go a good shop. So far found 2 at my place and 1 at PJ. These are my usual shop. The drifting to 1 side because the shop doesn't know how to do it properly.

My dizziness as I got motion sickness...hahahaha. Warranty over, so will be doing all tyre and maintaince outside. Cheaper.

1 hand push just a quick check on stability, if easy to rock n roll, then taking corners, bumps, etc will be dangerous. That's is why I dare to whack kaw kaw corner because I know my suspension is stiff. But remember to fit good tyres too.
Mind sharing the locations of your 3 good shops and ranking in terms of quality of works, customer service in terms of listening/accomdating to car owners and pricing for the benefit of readers here living not far away.

Who knows I (and maybe some readers here) might visit them in times to come.

Come to think of it, your '1 hand push' might be a simple way of agak-agaking camber negativeness or positiveness of tyres on opposite side ? That would be very useful indeed.
butthead76
post Aug 11 2021, 06:22 AM

Regular
1,398 posts

QUOTE(zeng @ Aug 10 2021, 11:47 AM)
Mind sharing the locations of your 3 good shops and ranking in terms of quality of works, customer service in terms of listening/accomdating to car owners and pricing for the benefit of readers here living not far away.

Who knows I (and maybe some readers here) might visit them in times to come.

Come to think of it, your '1 hand push' might be a simple way of agak-agaking camber negativeness or positiveness of tyres on opposite side ? That would be very useful indeed.
KL
1) SKC Tyres Desa Pandan, Price: Good
2) CKP Auto Service Desa Pandan, Price: Good

PJ
1) Perkhimatan Tayar Chuan Ang, Price: Reasonable

1 hand push is just to gauge the suspension stiffness only, not for camber. Camber need precise measurements.
eniltoh
post Sep 15 2021, 09:04 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

This is Gabriel shock absorber. It measures 22" fully extended and 1 7/8" wide on the absorber (not the top cover). Fully extended and fully compressed same with APM performax. Not sure about other absorber although the APM performax is thinner and softer. user posted image
user posted image

update. just visited turbineman page https://turbinemanlog.blogspot.com/2014/08/...about-rear.html

From his website I conclude the diameter of the gabriel (yellow shock absorber) almost / the same as KYB Ultra from Indonesia. The RS Ultra locally made mentioned is not so big in diameter compared to the KYB Ultra from Indonesia FYI

user posted image

This post has been edited by eniltoh: Sep 15 2021, 11:12 AM
ktek
post Sep 15 2021, 01:44 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,546 posts

QUOTE(eniltoh @ Sep 15 2021, 09:04 AM)
This is Gabriel shock absorber. It measures 22" fully extended and 1 7/8" wide on the absorber (not the top cover). Fully extended and fully compressed same with APM performax. Not sure about other absorber although the APM performax is thinner and softer. user posted image
user posted image
update. just visited turbineman page https://turbinemanlog.blogspot.com/2014/08/...about-rear.html
From his website I conclude the diameter of the gabriel (yellow shock absorber) almost / the same as KYB Ultra from Indonesia. The RS Ultra locally made mentioned is not so big in diameter compared to the KYB Ultra from Indonesia FYI
user posted image
i wonder got TRD suspension parts from indonesia
iverice
post Sep 15 2021, 06:52 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(eniltoh @ Sep 15 2021, 09:04 AM)
user posted image

user posted image
you are using gabriel now?
so far tested kyb excel g and rs ultra.
Recommend rs ultra by a mile.
eniltoh
post Sep 18 2021, 12:58 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

My gabriel habis wayang already. Taken out as per photo.
butthead76
post Sep 26 2021, 08:53 AM

Regular
1,398 posts

QUOTE(eniltoh @ Sep 18 2021, 12:58 PM)
My gabriel habis wayang already. Taken out as per photo.
What's your feedback on gabriel? What are u using now?
butthead76
post Sep 26 2021, 08:57 AM

Regular
1,398 posts

If your engine leaks oil and u can't find it, check the oil dip stick area, mine leak from the O ring. Had to remove 2 times as 1st time after change O ring still leaks.
eniltoh
post Sep 27 2021, 04:48 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(butthead76 @ Sep 26 2021, 08:53 AM)
What's your feedback on gabriel? What are u using now?
Very good. Get that planted feeling. Now using back APM performax.
butthead76
post Oct 15 2021, 06:26 AM

Regular
1,398 posts

Yesterday had to send car back to workshop after about 2 mths installed lower arm and front stabiliser bush. Suspect bolting loosen after lower arm or bush seated properly.

Today longer run to test it, but yesterday short run feel more solid. At corner to the right some time hears like metal sound " Tak Tak Tak"....
ktek
post Oct 15 2021, 06:48 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,546 posts

QUOTE(butthead76 @ Oct 15 2021, 06:26 AM)
Yesterday had to send car back to workshop after about 2 mths installed lower arm and front stabiliser bush. Suspect bolting loosen after lower arm or bush seated properly.

Today longer run to test it, but yesterday short run feel more solid. At corner to the right some time hears like metal sound " Tak Tak Tak"....
usually got screw thread there got draw paint or marker to monitor any screw loose happens
butthead76
post Oct 17 2021, 08:30 AM

Regular
1,398 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Oct 15 2021, 06:48 PM)
usually got screw thread there got draw paint or marker to monitor any screw loose happens
Sound still there when I turn 90 degrees right. Minor steer no sound. Now I suspect possible the Steering Rack Tie rod end the ball joint KO.

Travel high speed no sound, tested on LDP. But like at traffic light turn right 90 degrees then sometimes got sound.

KYB RS front only like 38k km, Lower arm new, stabiliser link new, front roll bar bush new. Steering rack no leak. Steering no free play. I can't think of any other joint link other then the steering tie rod end.

57 Pages « < 46 47 48 49 50 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0187sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:28 PM