Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

242 Pages « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

APPLE PAY IN MALAYSIA, Official arrives in Malaysia! Aug 2022!

views

cheese86
post Jan 9 2020, 06:51 AM

Enthusiast
789 posts

Having Apple Pay is indeed a nice feature to use but got bored of it after a while

but using Apple Card on Apple Pay is a extended feature which makes the experience even better

PS: one of the Apple card user here =P
PHI_1.618
post Jan 9 2020, 10:13 AM

Ada Baca Buku
761 posts

QUOTE(skycrew @ Jan 8 2020, 03:59 PM)
TnG can directly deduct from card. No need topup
Yes...this is one of their latest features called donno what quick payment. You can spend even though your wallet doesnt have enough balance. After you spend then they will deduct the amount from you CC. And also the auto-reload function when your balance falls below a certain amount...

Then this raise another Q....why still so many stupid drivers stuck in RFID toll for not sufficient balance? I am not saying those stuck because it cannot detect your RFID, but those that detected and u see the screen/signboard says not enough balance... rclxub.gif
skycrew
post Jan 9 2020, 01:15 PM

-sKy-
831 posts

QUOTE(PHI_1.618 @ Jan 9 2020, 10:13 AM)
Yes...this is one of their latest features called donno what quick payment. You can spend even though your wallet doesnt have enough balance. After you spend then they will deduct the amount from you CC. And also the auto-reload function when your balance falls below a certain amount...

Then this raise another Q....why still so many stupid drivers stuck in RFID toll for not sufficient balance? I am not saying those stuck because it cannot detect your RFID, but those that detected and u see the screen/signboard says not enough balance... rclxub.gif
i dont know, i already banned that stupid rfid.

smart tag + pay direct is better
jiaen0509
post Jan 9 2020, 02:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,934 posts

QUOTE(PHI_1.618 @ Jan 9 2020, 10:13 AM)

Some time it is due to sticker faulty or their RFID reader issue. Not really is the tng ewallet balance not enough. But so far I have no issue with my RFID sticker.
PHI_1.618
post Jan 9 2020, 05:37 PM

Ada Baca Buku
761 posts

QUOTE(jiaen0509 @ Jan 9 2020, 02:59 PM)
Some time it is due to sticker faulty or their RFID reader issue. Not really is the tng ewallet balance not enough. But so far I have no issue with my RFID sticker.
yeah...that's what I was saying. I am not complaining about faulty sticker. I am saying those where the signboard said "insufficient balance". Means their sticker is fine, but thier wallet is not... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Thebestscammer
post Jan 9 2020, 06:48 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(wengjoe @ Jan 9 2020, 06:51 AM)
Having Apple Pay is indeed a nice feature to use but got bored of it after a while

but using Apple Card on Apple Pay is a extended feature which makes the experience even better

PS: one of the Apple card user here =P
How to get bored with it. I rather use my phone than to take out my cc card and hand it over to the cashier who then uses it to tap on the machine. I can cut out so many steps with just Apple pay.
penangkia247
post Jan 10 2020, 11:28 AM

Getting Started
84 posts

Just want to add in a reply to this thread since I am a new member. I used to use cc to tap. Very convenient. But once, my card was stolen and when I reported to bank, they only willing to absorb half of all the fraud usage. Thats because only reported the next morning about 6hrs after the theft. So, using apple pay is much better. Especially if you are using it with the apple watch. Every time need to verify biologically before approve.
Thebestscammer
post Jan 10 2020, 05:49 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(penangkia247 @ Jan 10 2020, 11:28 AM)
Just want to add in a reply to this thread since I am a new member. I used to use cc to tap. Very convenient. But once, my card was stolen and when I reported to bank, they only willing to absorb half of all the fraud usage. Thats because only reported the next morning about 6hrs after the theft. So, using apple pay is much better. Especially if you are using it with the apple watch. Every time need to verify biologically before approve.
not only that, when using apple pay, your cc number is not revealed to the merchant's terminal too so scammers can't even try to swipe your card info at all. its just ridonkulously secured. love using the apple watch to pay, would almost always raise some eyes
penangkia247
post Jan 10 2020, 05:53 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(Thebestscammer @ Jan 10 2020, 05:49 PM)
not only that, when using apple pay, your cc number is not revealed to the merchant's terminal too so scammers can't even try to swipe your card info at all. its just ridonkulously secured. love using the apple watch to pay, would almost always raise some eyes
Yes, its cool using the watch to pay. Until you find yourself too comfortable and dont bring out your physical card. And on that same day somehow you find yourself with no data connection to your phone. I experienced it once when I was travelling, terpaksa ask the guy to give me his wifi password before I could pay. Too cheapskate to switch on my roaming.
kokhoong0624
post Jan 10 2020, 08:00 PM

Casual
404 posts

Anyone know when Apple Pay is expected to land in Malaysia? Very frustrated that our neighbour Singapore had it for some time but we still have to wait so long...
Thebestscammer
post Jan 13 2020, 04:04 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(kokhoong0624 @ Jan 10 2020, 08:00 PM)
Anyone know when Apple Pay is expected to land in Malaysia? Very frustrated that our neighbour Singapore had it for some time but we still have to wait so long...
need to ask all the bank's CEO to see when they want to implement it. I don't think it will take off in msia coz we went the e-wallet route like china except that we have so many e-wallets its so confusing and hard to keep up to date with all their offers. I just want to use my cc like a normal human being and get my airmiles ya know
INGfusion
post Jan 15 2020, 01:03 AM

LOL
6,947 posts

Need the Apple credit card also XD
cheese86
post Jan 15 2020, 05:43 AM

Enthusiast
789 posts

QUOTE(INGfusion @ Jan 15 2020, 01:03 AM)
Need the Apple credit card also XD
forget about Apple Card. MY don't even have Apple Pay

the card is not even launch in Canada and UK, zero chance it will land in SEA
The Corrupted Disciple P
post Jan 17 2020, 10:57 AM

Probation
33 posts

QUOTE(kokhoong0624 @ Jan 10 2020, 08:00 PM)
Let's do a petition online requesting Apple to have apple pay in Malaysia biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
jagadis
post Jan 17 2020, 02:34 PM

Aspire to Inspire before we expire
1,102 posts

QUOTE(The Corrupted Disciple @ Jan 17 2020, 10:57 AM)
Let's do a petition online requesting Apple to have apple pay in Malaysia  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
Apple pay is here but banks are not supporting it!
The Corrupted Disciple P
post Jan 18 2020, 10:13 AM

Probation
33 posts

QUOTE(jagadis @ Jan 17 2020, 02:34 PM)
Anyone father here is a bank CEO in Malaysia? If yes you know what to do tongue.gif
Thebestscammer
post Jan 19 2020, 09:21 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(jagadis @ Jan 17 2020, 02:34 PM)
the last time i checked, they said the terminals do not support the kind of nfc apple pay uses but they do support the kind samsung pay uses but i can use apple pay no problem. just that banks really doesn't want to support it. what a shame. should welcome competition ma
vez
post Jan 19 2020, 11:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,396 posts

QUOTE(Thebestscammer @ Jan 19 2020, 09:21 PM)
the last time i checked, they said the terminals do not support the kind of nfc apple pay uses but they do support the kind samsung pay uses but i can use apple pay no problem. just that banks really doesn't want to support it. what a shame. should welcome competition ma
if not mistaken Apple takes 0.xx% fee from bank, if you are using Apple Pay, not sure about Samsung Pay (could be just middle man and Samsung does not incur any fees), it just let you attach any credit card and send your card info to terminal, Samsung not having any benefit laugh.gif but for Apple Pay, Apple will get some fees, thus, Apple need to work with local banks
jagadis
post Jan 20 2020, 08:33 AM

Aspire to Inspire before we expire
1,102 posts

QUOTE(vez @ Jan 19 2020, 11:20 PM)
if not mistaken Apple takes 0.xx% fee from bank, if you are using Apple Pay, not sure about Samsung Pay (could be just middle man and Samsung does not incur any fees), it just let you attach any credit card and send your card info to terminal, Samsung not having any benefit laugh.gif but for Apple Pay, Apple will get some fees, thus, Apple need to work with local banks
Such a pity. Apple should start focusing on giving its customers the full experience!
value_investor
post Feb 12 2020, 10:42 PM

Casual
493 posts

Malaysian banks are so stupid not supporting Apple Pay and prefer to watch as Boost, TnG and Grab take their market share. Apple Pay & Android Pay are their only weapon to fight back eWallet incumbents!

242 Pages « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0179sec    0.19    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:10 PM