Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

APPLE PAY IN MALAYSIA, Official arrives in Malaysia! Aug 2022!

views

Thebestscammer
post Jan 6 2020, 02:38 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(kokhoong0624 @ Nov 22 2019, 03:40 PM)
Ya super disappointed when SamsungPay is already here for a long time..hopefully can reach here before end of this year
Idk what is with the samsungpay and their logic about the terminal not setup for applepay coz the paywave thing with all CC are the same with applepay. we all have used applepay without any issue, just that we had to use a foreign bank acc for it.

really cant wait to use applepay coz all these ewallets are useless and since there are so many of them, its annoying to have to keep up with all their promo. just give me applepay and a CC with good perks and i'm all game to spend kaw kaw
Thebestscammer
post Jan 9 2020, 06:48 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(wengjoe @ Jan 9 2020, 06:51 AM)
Having Apple Pay is indeed a nice feature to use but got bored of it after a while

but using Apple Card on Apple Pay is a extended feature which makes the experience even better

PS: one of the Apple card user here =P
How to get bored with it. I rather use my phone than to take out my cc card and hand it over to the cashier who then uses it to tap on the machine. I can cut out so many steps with just Apple pay.
Thebestscammer
post Jan 10 2020, 05:49 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(penangkia247 @ Jan 10 2020, 11:28 AM)
Just want to add in a reply to this thread since I am a new member. I used to use cc to tap. Very convenient. But once, my card was stolen and when I reported to bank, they only willing to absorb half of all the fraud usage. Thats because only reported the next morning about 6hrs after the theft. So, using apple pay is much better. Especially if you are using it with the apple watch. Every time need to verify biologically before approve.
not only that, when using apple pay, your cc number is not revealed to the merchant's terminal too so scammers can't even try to swipe your card info at all. its just ridonkulously secured. love using the apple watch to pay, would almost always raise some eyes
Thebestscammer
post Jan 13 2020, 04:04 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(kokhoong0624 @ Jan 10 2020, 08:00 PM)
Anyone know when Apple Pay is expected to land in Malaysia? Very frustrated that our neighbour Singapore had it for some time but we still have to wait so long...
need to ask all the bank's CEO to see when they want to implement it. I don't think it will take off in msia coz we went the e-wallet route like china except that we have so many e-wallets its so confusing and hard to keep up to date with all their offers. I just want to use my cc like a normal human being and get my airmiles ya know
Thebestscammer
post Jan 19 2020, 09:21 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(jagadis @ Jan 17 2020, 02:34 PM)
Apple pay is here but banks are not supporting it!
the last time i checked, they said the terminals do not support the kind of nfc apple pay uses but they do support the kind samsung pay uses but i can use apple pay no problem. just that banks really doesn't want to support it. what a shame. should welcome competition ma
Thebestscammer
post Jul 18 2021, 11:49 AM

Getting Started
225 posts

its not going to launch this year. stop believing rumours and soaking it all up like its gospel.

with how covid is going, you think the banks will be spending money to implement AP?

with how the country is being run, you think they will meet target? it'll be delayed like every other project and considering its from the banks, it'll be a couple more years to go.

pls don't take some random's word for it and its so vague too.

i can also say i wrote in to bigpay alot of times to implement AP and if they are the first one to do it in msia they'll get more sign ups. so if they do launch AP don't forget to tip me ya
Thebestscammer
post Jan 18 2022, 09:40 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

even if it comes here i dont think many would use it. if terminal dont accept or 'rosak' then you still need the card anyway. kinda dumb but i feel like i can see this not going well since its not a malaysian made thing and the kronies will want to push it down as much as possible
Thebestscammer
post Jan 31 2022, 08:45 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(PoisonSoul @ Jan 31 2022, 11:55 AM)
I do see ppl that fed up with eWallet, don’t use eWallet anymore. Personally, I hate using them but I have no choice if they don’t accept CC. Why?
1) unlock phone
2) find the app
3) every app diff layout - find the scan or QR button
4) if no money? Need to reload, extra steps.
5) show QR or scan QR (this one wahhh I see most ppl [certain group of ppl la yeah] DIE DIE want to put QR in the screen’s shown box or DIE DIE wan to twist and turn the QR/phone so it’s “readable”)
6) tap amount in
7) promo code n vouchers
8) pay. Some require pulak pin or bio auth.
9) wait… see ur wifi or data strong or not lo
10) paid or error.

Bloody hell so many steps for 1 payment. Yes, I know we can cut down steps 1-4/5 by opening up the app first but it still takes farking long time to just do 1 simple transaction. Let’s not say AP. Normal CC or DC would only go like this:
1) take card out
2) wave or pin
3) if pin, enter ur pin lo
4) wait…
5) paid or error.

See? So much easier. Now see AP and SP.
1) take phone out
2) biometric or pin
3) wave
4) if more, enter pin on terminal
5) wait
6) paid or error.

Extra 1 step only but there’s higher chance the phone is already in ur hands. Better yet, AW is already on ur wrist.

Will ppl chg habit? Points n rewards chasers wont leave certain eWallets cos they offer better rewards. But mostly, general Apple users are more “savvy” and wanna show “ada gaya” so, yes to ur question and I’ll be one of them.
never liked ewallet to begin with. too many stupid shit within them in an attempt to monopolize the industry. too many of them starting up their own ewallet in an attempt to take the most profit for themselves. if all band together and use one common ewallet like china then not so bad. but this is just ridiculous. AP has so many more advantages that i would prefer to use it as well.
Thebestscammer
post Feb 4 2022, 05:35 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(The1stHumanBeing @ Feb 4 2022, 02:43 PM)
Bro, since a lot of establishments are not utilising Apple Wallet; you can save your membership card using apps like Pass2U and MakePass. Personally I used both before but prefer MakePass; Pass2U has a free & paid version while MakePass is paid. However I would recommend paying for MakePass for the excellent UI & UX.
Pass2U - https://apps.apple.com/my/app/pass2u-wallet...ns/id1142473931
MakePass - https://apps.apple.com/my/app/makepass-barc...et/id1450989464
I have used MakePass to make passes like spare Vaccination cards, Bank DuitNow QR codes, membership cards and etc.
i use pass2u to make my membership cards like familymart / uniqlo but usually when i show it to the cashier they will always double take and ask me what is it and i have to tell them to collect points then only they scan it. sometimes they insist on not scanning it coz they dont know what is it then no choice i'll just open their brand app to scan instead.

but duitnow qr code can save? doesnt that changes dynamically or something?
Thebestscammer
post Feb 11 2022, 10:25 AM

Getting Started
225 posts

the ROI is being able to use apple's brand name. being the first bank in msia that supports AP is going to gain some traction and even some CC sign ups if they roll out support for CC first then only DC so that way those that wants to be able to flex using AP will apply for CC if they dont already have it.

If they really want to milk money out of people they can say AP will only support this particular CC at the moment and more cards to come later so people would sign up for that specific CC

Maybe you are just downplaying the possible trend that AP could bring in msia due to inexperience or just stubborn. maybe I'm wrong and the ROI indeed will suck, who knows

but im still not convinced that creep's insider info is real lol. Feel like lots of buzzwords were thrown and those that really want AP to come is gobbling it up like mad. it's not going to come to msia in 2022 and most definitely not before Q1 2022. I'm just puling this statement out of my ass. I would like to use AP in msia but the gov and every FI have their heads so far up e-wallet's ass I doubt they will bring AP. The infra is there already, merchants dont need to update their old terminal as it already support NFC for years but yet its still not here.

Maybe 2 years after the first official apple store opens in msia it might happen but its just a hunch that I pulled out of my ass.
Thebestscammer
post Feb 11 2022, 02:45 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(creep @ Feb 11 2022, 02:43 PM)
I’m eager to show the screenshot here but i’ll be in trouble …hehe …..ppl in IT project managemant can easily understand the buzzword, in fact they know rightaway which team i’m in …just wait la confirm this year can use
haha I get it. not worth risking your job to prove a point to a stranger on the internet but im eager to see that I'm wrong in due course. tongue.gif
Thebestscammer
post Feb 14 2022, 11:47 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(shyan90's @ Feb 14 2022, 11:09 PM)
Almost 6 year since I open this topic and until this moment Malaysia likely would not have Apple pay in short time :/
its not going to happen. not until i assume an official apple store opens here in msia + 2 years. really nice to see all the gullible people just sucking up all the rumours. if AP doesnt come by Q1 as rumoured then they can say ops but if it comes then everyone here will be happy. so it's a win win situation for them.

I'm gonna play the devil's advocate and say its not gonna come in 2022. I'd like to be proven wrong but until then, not going to lick the boots of those saying it will come soon™ rclxs0.gif rclxs0.gif

All the speculations about BNM being the bad guy are speculations at best. For all you know BNM wants to bring it in but the banks don't want to pay the high fees from AP.
Thebestscammer
post Feb 22 2022, 04:24 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

AP not here yet so people dont know how it works. terminal dont need to have 'AP' category to accept AP. AP is the same as you tapping your CC just that your CC info is digitize into AP thats all

there is no additional settings to add or change in existing terminals
but people will argue about this anyway to stay relevant including the people saying its coming soon™ just waiting for this and that approval altho its been months already and yet no update.

gonna have to unsubscribe to this topic soon since its just clickbaits now haha

you can use AP on any terminal that accepts CC / DC just that the cards will be oversea cards and not malaysian cards. unless you wanna argue that msia terminal so geng they update the terminal to accept oversea AP before msia even have their own AP????
Thebestscammer
post Aug 4 2022, 02:54 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

anyone noticed apple pay is now an option for shopee as well? I have oversea cards in AP so not sure if it is only showing coz I have the cards in apple wallet
user posted image
Thebestscammer
post Aug 13 2022, 03:00 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

someone can try to use AP at all the places apple listed in their official website and report back
village grocer is included in the list but not jaya grocer so its kinda understandable that we cant use AP on Jaya Grocer due to management's order or something
but if there is a store listed in the official page that refuse to accept AP then you can wreck havoc from the top management and they'll yell all the way down

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0228sec    0.16    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:34 AM