1. Brand : Mazda 2 or Suzuki Swift
2. Budget : < 50k
3. New/Used/Unreg : used
4. Specs : -
5. Transmission : auto
6. NA or FI : -
7. Type : hatchback 5 seats
8. Remarks : car not more than 5 years old

Hi all currently i surveying this 2 type of car , any other suggestion ?
zenix
post Jun 29 2016, 09:23 AM

Pirate Captain
5,812 posts

QUOTE(andrewyu2005 @ Jun 28 2016, 01:11 PM)
Hello Zenix how are you? Can you please look at the car that i mention thanks.And no i disagree with you that he should buy honda accord because according to hafiz shah or jonathan from paultan, Nissan teana is still better than accord trust me @samewong
how about ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
go ask your paul tan

QUOTE(lowya @ Jun 28 2016, 01:23 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
I guess you're hinting at Honda Jazz when you said about folding seats because their Ultraseats are famous for that, but unfortunately with your budget you can only obtain the first generation model which is quite old now so I don't recommend it.

2010 Nissan Latio 1.6 - I think for your needs this would be a good choice, it is a frugal little 1600cc engine (although there are 1800cc variants i think you should consider if you go outstation alot, if city driving mainly then the 1600cc is just fine). Limited folding with the seats but at least they are leather wrapped. You'd be hard pressed to buy a 2010 model C-segment car with your budget unless maybe older technology cars like Nissan Sentra or local makes like Proton Waja/Gen2. Maintenance wise it is pocket friendly like most Japanese cars.

QUOTE(digilife @ Jun 28 2016, 01:27 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
85k he gotta be kidding laugh.gif

QUOTE(samowong @ Jun 28 2016, 01:51 PM)
Thanks for your input, zenix
you're welcome.
i didn't explain too much as i think you're pretty familiar with honda's. icon_rolleyes.gif
zenix
post Jun 29 2016, 09:53 AM

Pirate Captain
5,812 posts

QUOTE(mobeus @ Jun 28 2016, 01:53 PM)
Any recommendation?

1. Brand : Preferably Honda/Toyota/Proton
2. Budget : Undecided..but around 500/month for max 5 years
3. New/Used/Unreg : used
4. Specs : any
5. Transmission : auto
6. NA or FI : NA
7. Type : 5 seaters, sedan, 1.5 or 1.6 l
8. Remarks : actually trying to find ways to reduce monthly commitment. currently paying 1k/month for installment. another 3 years. cars that is not costly to maintain and good availability of spare parts
For indicative purposes I always use a loan calculator, if you're worried the calculations not for Malaysia then try the one at oto.my

user posted image

So here is roughly what we have to work with.

2011 Nissan Latio 1.6 - again the Latio, probably over using this car lately but I guess it is the sign of the times we look for the best value possible and I think this car as a used car is quite value for money. Firstly, it is not too old being a 2011 car, mileage isn't too high (but always people can play with this number so take it with a pinch of salt when they can't produce the owners manual and service records), and lastly Nissan's are pretty darn cheap to upkeep and parts are everywhere. I think if your objective is to lower your commitment while still having a decent aged used car and won't be a money pit this would be one of the options.

QUOTE(lowya @ Jun 28 2016, 02:07 PM)
not looking for sedan, probably van/mpv type would be more suited.
2006 Honda Jazz - folding seats but older car, I think Latio still better choice due to it's age.

2002 Nissan Serena - i think they got it wrong as the serena is only a 7 seater (maybe you can squeeze in 8 but there is only seatbelts for 7 people). I think this car fulfills your folding seats requirements but like I said in my earlier post it is going to be old as IMHO there are few truly good cars with foldable chairs that are cheap to maintain, of course Serena and Jazz are two of them. There are others too but the age/maintenance cost/capability will be more terrible than this.

user posted image

QUOTE(YJSEE @ Jun 28 2016, 02:08 PM)
Hi guys,

I am in doubt wheather should go for VW Passat 1.8 tsi dsg between year 2012-2013 or play safe to get a Mazda 6 2.5 year 2010-2011. Seems like VW having lots of negative feedback. However i couldn't really found much info regarding Mazda6.. Anyone can enlighten me? Thx for sharing
Mazda6 is pretty solid.
It uses gets drowned by Accord and Camry because although just as reliable the parts availability isn't as good and prices tend to be higher.
VW Passat 2012-2013 are using the 7 speed dry clutch dsg, which is a gamble.....might be good might be crap.
nelsonmui87
post Jun 29 2016, 09:56 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(hongzheng @ Jun 28 2016, 06:03 PM)
what is the interest rate you all getting for your used car loan? i know on paper most bank can go lowest 3.4-3.5%. But when it is done through car dealer it is complicated.

i get an offer from Hong Leong 3.7% for 7 years, small loan amount below 50k.

wanted to get maybank but the sales man says maybank do not layan small amount used car loan,

Ambank were so tedious asking so many question, until your neighbour gold fish also they want to know the name, kiasi betui

my guess is that the sales man only apply bank following his own interest...
Wow.... 3.7% for me is acceptable...
because most of the car dealer telling me the interest is above 4%....
In fact I didn't submit loan yet... hopefully can submit by this week...
nelsonmui87
post Jun 29 2016, 10:11 AM

26 posts

Hi morning, every sifu.

Having 2 questions regarding Used Camry .
1. Camry 2007 pre-facelift (ACV40) vs 2009 facelift (ACV40 Face Lift)? Any advice?

View both car. Found the following difference.
A. Keyless entry & Push Start & Better look of car key
B. HID headlamp vs XENON. (What's the difference? Does HID visibility is better a lot than XENON?)
C. Auto dimming rear view mirror (For me is nothing)
D. New Grill, bumper, Rear lamp (didn't found the difference yet, except rear lamp)
E. New player that compatible with reverse camera (This is a must to me, because is my wife driving, she insist need camera, so will install aftermarket if stock doesn't come with this, any advice for model and price?)
F. Price. 2008 pre-facelift around RM70k vs 2010 facelift around RM90k.

2. Car color. Prefer white color. Does this pearl white hard to maintains? So far I found there's only several white camry for sell in JB area.
hongzheng
post Jun 29 2016, 10:48 AM

47 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Jun 29 2016, 09:23 AM)
how about  ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
go ask your paul tan
thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

QUOTE(nelsonmui87 @ Jun 29 2016, 09:56 AM)
Wow.... 3.7% for me is acceptable...
because most of the car dealer telling me the interest is above 4%....
In fact I didn't submit loan yet... hopefully can submit by this week...
mudah & motor trader normally put 3.2-3.4%. misleading.

Public bank offer 4%, it just different by RM 10 per month compare to 3.7%..
nelsonmui87
post Jun 29 2016, 11:47 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(hongzheng @ Jun 29 2016, 10:48 AM)
thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif
mudah & motor trader normally put 3.2-3.4%. misleading.

Public bank offer 4%, it just different by RM 10 per month compare to 3.7%..
tongue.gif tongue.gif
Due to investment practise, always used to focus on %.
For me below 4% is more acceptable... at least even cheaper than FD... Which is a guarantee ROI. brows.gif
lsm1991
post Jun 29 2016, 12:25 PM

Getting Started
254 posts

QUOTE(nelsonmui87 @ Jun 29 2016, 10:11 AM)
Hi morning, every sifu.

Having 2 questions regarding Used Camry .
1. Camry 2007 pre-facelift (ACV40) vs 2009 facelift (ACV40 Face Lift)? Any advice?

View both car. Found the following difference.
A. Keyless entry & Push Start & Better look of car key
B. HID headlamp vs XENON. (What's the difference? Does HID visibility is better a lot than XENON?)
C. Auto dimming rear view mirror (For me is nothing)
D. New Grill, bumper, Rear lamp (didn't found the difference yet, except rear lamp)
A,B,C and D are all added value/aesthetical stuff, its perceived value really depends on you as the buyer
E. New player that compatible with reverse camera (This is a must to me, because is my wife driving, she insist need camera, so will install aftermarket if stock doesn't come with this, any advice for model and price?)
assuming you want a good head unit with a monitor, that would cost around 800-2k depending on the specs...... (am guessing, I am no audiophile) as for the camera if you are willing to go for those really cheap china units, it is really cheap, it you buy via online and diy, the camera costs 20 bucks
option 2, is to not get a whole new headunit just for the screen rear view camera/mirror, which costs another 40 the pro is that its easy to setup and you dont need to get another headunit if you dont have one...... the con is you will lose the dimmer functionality nod.gif (as one can tell im a big fan of this china monitor cheapo monitor, its one of the few china cheapo products i can accept installed in my own car)
F. Price. 2008 pre-facelift around RM70k vs 2010 facelift around RM90k.
heuristically dependent on your needs, likes, car condition and offers you receive
basically for 20k more, you get a few upgrades (not sure but i think cruise control was added, and some things were done to the front chair), some asthetical changes, and a car newer by 2 years..... under all those changes, the car is still basically the same

2. Car color. Prefer white color. Does this pearl white hard to maintains? So far I found there's only several white camry for sell in JB area.
compared to what colors? all i know is that white and black are usually more difficult to keep clean.... watermarks, basically everything can be seen if you dont clean the car often. silver, brown, green, gold are great!!
i can only offer these few sens worth of advice......

This post has been edited by lsm1991: Jun 29 2016, 12:37 PM
tekplyrX
post Jun 29 2016, 12:49 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

Hello sifus,
If I want to buy a 2nd hand car (cash not loan). How much "extra" do I need to have in hand to cover the other expenses (e.g. insurance, change of ownership, inspections e.t.c)? In particular i am considering this one bmw e46 320i

lsm1991
post Jun 29 2016, 01:25 PM

Getting Started
254 posts

QUOTE(tekplyrX @ Jun 29 2016, 12:49 PM)
Hello sifus,
If I want to buy a 2nd hand car (cash not loan). How much "extra" do I need to have in hand to cover the other expenses (e.g. insurance, change of ownership, inspections e.t.c)? In particular i am considering this one bmw e46 320i

2nd hand dealer, u will have to ask them cause there is no 'standard' price they have all sorts of processing fees.....(basically everything will be hiked up cause they say they have runners to do it for you)

so far, when i went to some cars last year; (just as an example for you, i viewed and asked about many cars...)
1)waja, they wanted 27.5k for the car and another 4.5k for the processing fees so 32k in total. Cant remember the breakdown of the processing fees but basically car would have been insured comprehensively for 20k, rest of the 4.5k was supposed to be processing fees (they probably did this to make the car seem attractive online)
2)celica, they wanted 36k for the car and another 6k for the processing fees so 42k in total. also cannot remember the breakdown of the processing fees
3)clk230, they wanted 40k for the car and another 3k for the processing fees so 43k in total.
4)e46 , they wanted 22k for the car and another 3k for the processing fees so 25k in total. (earlier batch hence the price)
4)fto , they wanted 30k for the car and another 2k for the processing fees so 32k in total.
4)seg , they wanted 15k for the car and another 1k for the processing fees so 16k in total.
andrewyu2005
post Jun 29 2016, 01:27 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Jun 29 2016, 10:23 AM)
how about  ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
go ask your paul tan
I guess you're hinting at Honda Jazz when you said about folding seats because their Ultraseats are famous for that, but unfortunately with your budget you can only obtain the first generation model which is quite old now so I don't recommend it.

2010 Nissan Latio 1.6 - I think for your needs this would be a good choice, it is a frugal little 1600cc engine (although there are 1800cc variants i think you should consider if you go outstation alot, if city driving mainly then the 1600cc is just fine). Limited folding with the seats but at least they are leather wrapped. You'd be hard pressed to buy a 2010 model C-segment car with your budget unless maybe older technology cars like Nissan Sentra or local makes like Proton Waja/Gen2. Maintenance wise it is pocket friendly like most Japanese cars.
85k he gotta be kidding  laugh.gif
you're welcome.
i didn't explain too much as i think you're pretty familiar with honda's.  icon_rolleyes.gif
Zenix, you go and tell me to ask paul tan. No way, Then if he want to go for Honda, then go for honda as you know i am not forcing him to get it because this is a democracy car where people can disagree and agree on some things
.Hey can you please tell me which proton car do i have to get in order to meet my requirement and preference?Proton Iriz 1.6 or 1.3 exec or Proton Exora Bold CPS or CFE or Proton Waja CPS or Proton Gen 2 CPS or Proton Suprima S or Preve turbo thanks smile.gif .NO please stop putting the foul language sad.gif thanks. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by andrewyu2005: Jun 29 2016, 01:29 PM
SUSlowya
post Jun 29 2016, 01:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Jun 29 2016, 09:23 AM)
Limited folding with the seats but at least they are leather wrapped.
how limited is the seat folding with Latio?

btw you are great recommending car, you write well, do you have a blog?

Nissan Latio and Honda Jazz exceeded budget while Nissan Serena auto is 2.0cc, any cheaper alternative?

This post has been edited by lowya: Jun 29 2016, 01:53 PM
dark90
post Jun 29 2016, 02:01 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

1. Brand : Proton or VW
2. Budget : 70-90
3. New/Used/Unreg : New
5. Transmission : Auto
6. NA or FI :
7. Type : Sedan
8. Remarks : I'm actually just looking for a reliable family car sedan. Got Honda City at home, so i'll minus that of my list. test drive the new Vento, and i'm loving it, just concerned with the DSG gearbox. advice guys? test drive Preve and Suprima before still not sure what to buy.. advice pls.
andrewyu2005
post Jun 29 2016, 02:06 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(dark90 @ Jun 29 2016, 03:01 PM)
1. Brand : Proton or VW
2. Budget : 70-90
3. New/Used/Unreg : New
5. Transmission : Auto
6. NA or FI : 
7. Type : Sedan
8. Remarks : I'm actually just looking for a reliable family car sedan. Got Honda City at home, so i'll minus that of my list. test drive the new Vento, and i'm loving it, just concerned with the DSG gearbox. advice guys? test drive Preve and Suprima before still not sure what to buy.. advice pls.
Please go and get Suprima S standard because it is cheaper than preve cfe and it's interior quality is better than preve cfe. If you love vento,then stick with vento.
dark90
post Jun 29 2016, 02:09 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(andrewyu2005 @ Jun 29 2016, 03:06 PM)
Please go and get Suprima S standard because it is cheaper than preve cfe and it's interior quality is better than preve cfe. If you love vento,then stick with vento.
How about the space tho? Suprima standard dont have VSC like preve premium.. Vento 90k is it worth it? all of the others are 70k.. thats 20 k diff.. y la car so expensive.. haiz
andrewyu2005
post Jun 29 2016, 02:13 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(dark90 @ Jun 29 2016, 03:09 PM)
How about the space tho? Suprima standard dont have VSC like preve premium.. Vento 90k is it worth it? all of the others are 70k.. thats 20 k diff.. y la car so expensive.. haiz
suprima s standard is ok right now since they have fixed the oil cooler problem which is the biggest problem in proton turbocharged car. I think suprima s is more spacious than preve cfe. if you want esc and leather seats then get suprima s executive otherwise stick with Preve CFE

This post has been edited by andrewyu2005: Jun 29 2016, 02:15 PM
tekplyrX
post Jun 29 2016, 02:14 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(lsm1991 @ Jun 29 2016, 01:25 PM)
2nd hand dealer, u will have to ask them cause there is no 'standard' price they have all sorts of processing fees.....(basically everything will be hiked up cause they say they have runners to do it for you)

so far, when i went to some cars last year; (just as an example for you, i viewed and asked about many cars...)
1)waja, they wanted 27.5k for the car and another 4.5k for the processing fees so 32k in total. Cant remember the breakdown of the processing fees but basically car would have been insured comprehensively for 20k, rest of the 4.5k was supposed to be processing fees (they probably did this to make the car seem attractive online)
2)celica, they wanted 36k for the car and another 6k for the processing fees so 42k in total. also cannot remember the breakdown of the processing fees
3)clk230, they wanted 40k for the car and another 3k for the processing fees so 43k in total.
4)e46 , they wanted 22k for the car and another 3k for the processing fees so 25k in total. (earlier batch hence the price)
4)fto , they wanted 30k for the car and another 2k for the processing fees so 32k in total.
4)seg , they wanted 15k for the car and another 1k for the processing fees so 16k in total.
Thanks thumbsup.gif. From your examples, I'll budget an extra rm5k just in case then.
dark90
post Jun 29 2016, 02:16 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(andrewyu2005 @ Jun 29 2016, 03:13 PM)
suprima s standard is ok right now since they have fixed the oil cooler problem which is the biggest problem in proton turbocharged car. I think suprima s is more spacious than preve cfe. if you want esc and leather seats then get suprima s executive otherwise stick with Preve CFE
Nice2. Suprima looked alot better too. should i wait for the new persona though? will there be a facelift preve or Suprima in the near future?
andrewyu2005
post Jun 29 2016, 02:17 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(dark90 @ Jun 29 2016, 03:16 PM)
Nice2. Suprima looked alot better too. should i wait for the new persona though? will there be a facelift preve or Suprima in the near future?
The New Persona will be like Iriz. But it is downgraded to B segment.If you desperately want a car right now, then go and buy Suprima S Standard because it is cheaper than preve cfe and suprima S exec

This post has been edited by andrewyu2005: Jun 29 2016, 02:18 PM
dark90
post Jun 29 2016, 02:20 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(andrewyu2005 @ Jun 29 2016, 03:17 PM)
The New Persona will be like Iriz. But it is downgraded to B segment.If you desperately want a car right now, then go and buy Suprima S Standard because it is cheaper than preve cfe and suprima S exec
I'm actually looking to buy early next year. waiting pre reg vehicle. much cheaper that way. just hoped there is one. VW might get 50% this time next year.. might consider Vento again . LEL

274 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0266sec    0.61    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 2nd December 2021 - 09:25 PM