Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New user registrations disabled until further notice.

168 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Plan to buy a NEW/USED car?(V3),, ASK HERE for recommendations

andrewyu2005
post Jun 28 2016, 12:54 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(face @ Jun 28 2016, 01:51 PM)
i'm asking if it's worth to spend that money on it or not ma .. then u gave me the webpage ==

( http://www.hyundai.com.my/Promotion2016-04-07_info.aspx) I dont know about the price of 1.8,you wont regret it when you get elentra 1.6 trust me or face, if you want a secondhand car, then please buy a secondhand hyundai sonata 2011 (http://www.mudah.my/2011+Hyundai+Sonata+2+4+A+11-46533879.htm) hyundai sonata 20000+++ and ( [url=http://www.mudah.my/2011+Hyundai+Sonata+2+4+A+GLS+LEATHER+POWERSEAT-46598532.htm)-Hyundai]http://www.mudah.my/2011+Hyundai+Sonata+2+...32.htm)-Hyundai Sonata 2011 Rm30000+++

This post has been edited by andrewyu2005: Jun 28 2016, 01:03 PM
andrewyu2005
post Jun 28 2016, 01:04 PM

QUOTE(lsm1991 @ Jun 28 2016, 01:51 PM)
oh mygod....
andrewyu2005 this is a serious-ish thread.... what are you doing....
ISM1991, i am serious in recommending people to buy a car and i seriously want to buy a proton car so i need your advice.

This post has been edited by andrewyu2005: Jun 28 2016, 01:09 PM
zenix
post Jun 28 2016, 01:08 PM

Pirate Captain
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(lsm1991 @ Jun 28 2016, 09:42 AM)
this is a car i considered as well..... also quite a pretty looking car long as its unmodified. There are 2 or 3 around my place, one of the owners say its not ridiculously expensive to maintain, just slightly higher than mercs of the same era. He did mention that, some stuff does cost a bomb to repair, stuff which fail unexpectedly such as the compressor (dont ask how this failed), chairs and some of the electronics (x ingat which one he mentioned).... justs dont expect it to perform like a sports car, this is a cruiser to drive leisurely in drool.gif
Yeap, it is a big 2+2 coupe which is a nice highway cruiser and something to show off. It doesn't perform like a sports car but that doesn't mean it is underpowered. It just doesn't like to go on track days but perform decently well on 3 lane highways at top speed or twisty coastal roads, the suspension isn't sports car like heavy/firm it is kind of soft/comfortable yet not spaghetti until handling is thrown out the window like in a Toyota Vios. Yeah, German engineering you get what you pay for brows.gif

I don't like small coupes where there are no rear seats and i'm sitting just in front of the engine laugh.gif

QUOTE(Fasha1993 @ Jun 28 2016, 09:48 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Honda's are pretty reliable and cheap to maintain.
Cheaper would be Toyota's but they don't have a hatchback model being sold in Malaysia so Jazz is a good option.

Maintenance cost if you're talking about new car at authorized service center or 3s would be in the ballpark of rm150-250 but minor service, major service would be anywhere from rm300-800 depending on the parts needed to be replaced. A service interval for most honda's is 5000km's, roughly you'll do 4-6 minor service before a major service.

QUOTE(digilife @ Jun 28 2016, 10:03 AM)
Two good reasons to consider a Merc:
1. If you're worried about maintenance cost
2. KOMPRESSOR

Unfortunately my connected here is throttled so I'm stuck to certain websites which are "fast", funny enough Lyn & Mudah are decently speedy but the bmw club forum really loads slow can't see the advert. I'm guessing a really nice 2.8cc 7-series brows.gif

Do remember the higher up you go in the tier/segments the spares will get more expensive due to two reasons. Such cars are made with better parts hence the price, secondly such cars are owned by richfags so sellers would wanna earn from you laugh.gif

2008 BMW M3 4.0 V8 - this is real poison devil.gif

QUOTE(jackbanner @ Jun 28 2016, 11:27 AM)
This thread has already reached 2500 posting.

Thank you to zenix who has contributed his expertise to all of us in this thread.

Let us continue in v3 https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3987849
where my prize vmad.gif ranting.gif

QUOTE(samowong @ Jun 28 2016, 11:52 AM)
The pre-facelifted Nissan Teana and Sylphy's have been notorious for having a temperamental CVT. Apparently, this issue has been resolved in the facelifted models, the Teana that has a rear similar to the picture below. I have been told the current Teana isn't beyond saving, looking at the owners forums a quick fix was adding a gearbox oil cooler. However, personally since it isn't original spec if anything goes wrong (like gearbox totally failed) you can't really sue the manufacturer (even without warranty as long as unmodified you can sue them).

user posted image

I think your heart for Honda's is in the right direction. The Accord 2.0 you're seeking is the one the new Proton Perdana 2.0 is based on, and eventhough it is an older car the spec is much better, one thing for sure the Accord 2.0 has VSA while the Perdana 2.0 doesn't the ESC is only available in the 2.4 model. Whether the Perdana is successful or not the Accord still have a large enough base that maintenance and parts are cheap and abundant. If the Perdana becomes successful and become as common as even the Proton Inspira then more parts are crossover. I think you know Honda's pretty well so I'm not going to explain too much laugh.gif

2004 Honda Euro Accord - this is a poor example, but you can consider or look for the Euro Accord. They come with the K20/K24 engine, very high spec (9 airbags, traction control, etc) and very high build quality (you'd think it was a new car). I just couldn't help showing you this if you're interested but I guess not since you're looking for affordable maintenance.

With your budget 2012 Suzuki Kizashi and 2013 VW Passat are also within your grasp, but both those cars won't be as cheap to maintain as Accord/Camry/Teana.

2010 Toyota Camry 2.0 - although the Camry might be cheaper to upkeep and as just as reliable, it is an uncle favorite so RV is higher so you end up paying for more the same thing from Honda. As you can see for around the same price and spec as an Accord you can only get a Camry which is a year older.

FYI: VSA/ESC are the same thing.
andrewyu2005
post Jun 28 2016, 01:11 PM

QUOTE(zenix @ Jun 28 2016, 02:08 PM)
Yeap, it is a big 2+2 coupe which is a nice highway cruiser and something to show off. It doesn't perform like a sports car but that doesn't mean it is underpowered. It just doesn't like to go on track days but perform decently well on 3 lane highways at top speed or twisty coastal roads, the suspension isn't sports car like heavy/firm it is kind of soft/comfortable yet not spaghetti until handling is thrown out the window like in a Toyota Vios. Yeah, German engineering you get what you pay for  brows.gif

I don't like small coupes where there are no rear seats and i'm sitting just in front of the engine  laugh.gif
Honda's are pretty reliable and cheap to maintain.
Cheaper would be Toyota's but they don't have a hatchback model being sold in Malaysia so Jazz is a good option.

Maintenance cost if you're talking about new car at authorized service center or 3s would be in the ballpark of rm150-250 but minor service, major service would be anywhere from rm300-800 depending on the parts needed to be replaced. A service interval for most honda's is 5000km's, roughly you'll do 4-6 minor service before a major service.
Two good reasons to consider a Merc:
1. If you're worried about maintenance cost
2. KOMPRESSOR

Unfortunately my connected here is throttled so I'm stuck to certain websites which are "fast", funny enough Lyn & Mudah are decently speedy but the bmw club forum really loads slow can't see the advert. I'm guessing a really nice 2.8cc 7-series  brows.gif

Do remember the higher up you go in the tier/segments the spares will get more expensive due to two reasons. Such cars are made with better parts hence the price, secondly such cars are owned by richfags so sellers would wanna earn from you  laugh.gif

2008 BMW M3 4.0 V8 - this is real poison  devil.gif
where my prize  vmad.gif  ranting.gif
The pre-facelifted Nissan Teana and Sylphy's have been notorious for having a temperamental CVT. Apparently, this issue has been resolved in the facelifted models, the Teana that has a rear similar to the picture below. I have been told the current Teana isn't beyond saving, looking at the owners forums a quick fix was adding a gearbox oil cooler. However, personally since it isn't original spec if anything goes wrong (like gearbox totally failed) you can't really sue the manufacturer (even without warranty as long as unmodified you can sue them).

user posted image

I think your heart for Honda's is in the right direction. The Accord 2.0 you're seeking is the one the new Proton Perdana 2.0 is based on, and eventhough it is an older car the spec is much better, one thing for sure the Accord 2.0 has VSA while the Perdana 2.0 doesn't the ESC is only available in the 2.4 model. Whether the Perdana is successful or not the Accord still have a large enough base that maintenance and parts are cheap and abundant. If the Perdana becomes successful and become as common as even the Proton Inspira then more parts are crossover. I think you know Honda's pretty well so I'm not going to explain too much  laugh.gif

2004 Honda Euro Accord - this is a poor example, but you can consider or look for the Euro Accord. They come with the K20/K24 engine, very high spec (9 airbags, traction control, etc) and very high build quality (you'd think it was a new car). I just couldn't help showing you this if you're interested but I guess not since you're looking for affordable maintenance.

With your budget 2012 Suzuki Kizashi and 2013 VW Passat are also within your grasp, but both those cars won't be as cheap to maintain as Accord/Camry/Teana.

2010 Toyota Camry 2.0 - although the Camry might be cheaper to upkeep and as just as reliable, it is an uncle favorite so RV is higher so you end up paying for more the same thing from Honda. As you can see for around the same price and spec as an Accord you can only get a Camry which is a year older.

FYI: VSA/ESC are the same thing.
Hello Zenix how are you? Can you please look at the car that i mention thanks.And no i disagree with you that he should buy honda accord because according to hafiz shah or jonathan from paultan, Nissan teana is still better than accord trust me @samewong

This post has been edited by andrewyu2005: Jun 28 2016, 01:15 PM
lowya
post Jun 28 2016, 01:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Any recommendation?

1. Brand : any Japanese Cars
2. Budget : <25k
3. New/Used/Unreg : used, not too old
4. Specs : >5 seaters, seats foldable, spacious.
5. Transmission : Auto
6. Engine: 1500 or 1600cc, diesel also can, good fc.
digilife
post Jun 28 2016, 01:27 PM

The MNP guy, its me yeah.

zenix

This a copy & paste from the BMWClub forum

lsm1991
post Jun 28 2016, 01:29 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(lowya @ Jun 28 2016, 01:23 PM)
Any recommendation?

how old is not too old.....
seg(maybe abit old, 15k or so)
city's?
sentras(i think this is decent, 1.8L iirc)
latio (barely manages but u can get the most basic of the basic for this $)
vios?
lowya
post Jun 28 2016, 01:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(lsm1991 @ Jun 28 2016, 01:29 PM)
how old is not too old.....
seg(maybe abit old, 15k or so)
city's?
sentras(i think this is decent, 1.8L iirc)
latio (barely manages but u can get the most basic of the basic for this $)
vios?
none of those mentioned fits all the requirements requested.
samowong
post Jun 28 2016, 01:51 PM

Getting Started

Thanks for your input, zenix
mobeus
post Jun 28 2016, 01:53 PM

Getting Started

Any recommendation?

1. Brand : Preferably Honda/Toyota/Proton
2. Budget : Undecided..but around 500/month for max 5 years
3. New/Used/Unreg : used
4. Specs : any
5. Transmission : auto
6. NA or FI : NA
7. Type : 5 seaters, sedan, 1.5 or 1.6 l
8. Remarks : actually trying to find ways to reduce monthly commitment. currently paying 1k/month for installment. another 3 years. cars that is not costly to maintain and good availability of spare parts

This post has been edited by mobeus: Jun 28 2016, 01:53 PM
andrewyu2005
post Jun 28 2016, 01:57 PM

QUOTE(mobeus @ Jun 28 2016, 02:53 PM)
Any recommendation?

1. Brand : Preferably Honda/Toyota/Proton
2. Budget : Undecided..but around 500/month for max 5 years
3. New/Used/Unreg : used
4. Specs : any
5. Transmission : auto
6. NA or FI : NA
7. Type : 5 seaters, sedan, 1.5 or 1.6 l
8. Remarks : actually trying to find ways to reduce monthly commitment. currently paying 1k/month for installment. another 3 years. cars that is not costly to maintain and good availability of spare parts
http://www.mudah.my/2011+Proton+Waja+1+6+A...4348.htm(proton Waja cps 2011)-$21800
http://www.mudah.my/2012+Toyota+Vios+1+5+A...1072.htm(toyota vios)-RM47800(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo8yTecODgw)-proton waja cps

This post has been edited by andrewyu2005: Jun 28 2016, 02:00 PM
face
post Jun 28 2016, 01:58 PM

Casual

QUOTE(andrewyu2005 @ Jun 28 2016, 12:54 PM)
( http://www.hyundai.com.my/Promotion2016-04-07_info.aspx) I dont know about the price of 1.8,you wont regret it when you get elentra 1.6 trust me or  face, if you want a secondhand car, then  please buy a secondhand hyundai sonata 2011 (http://www.mudah.my/2011+Hyundai+Sonata+2+4+A+11-46533879.htm) hyundai sonata 20000+++ and ( [url=http://www.mudah.my/2011+Hyundai+Sonata+2+4+A+GLS+LEATHER+POWERSEAT-46598532.htm)-Hyundai]http://www.mudah.my/2011+Hyundai+Sonata+2+...32.htm)-Hyundai Sonata 2011 Rm30000+++
this is old version wor
andrewyu2005
post Jun 28 2016, 02:01 PM

QUOTE(face @ Jun 28 2016, 02:58 PM)
this is old version wor
then go and buy hyundai elentra 1.6 because it is around 79348.00

This post has been edited by andrewyu2005: Jun 28 2016, 02:01 PM
lsm1991
post Jun 28 2016, 02:04 PM

QUOTE(lowya @ Jun 28 2016, 01:40 PM)
none of those mentioned fits all the requirements requested.
cry.gif
they do.. sort of

city for the money (4th gen for this $)
- not too old, good fc, fairly large (to me large = has 4 doors + bigger than a saga) has it all BUT the folding seats
sentras
-still think this is a good option, has a huge boot spacious interior BUT bigger cc, no folding seats
latio
-well..... hatchback + space technically fulfills the basic req~~ (pretty sure it sort of folds down~
vios
-not big fan of vios so~~ well.....
altis (25k or so)
-just a bigger vios
avanza
-not sure if you were even considering a van....

thats all i can think of~~ dont know whats ur definition of old.... or your definition of large.... to me old is classic status (25yrs) and largeish is over the size of a saga
andrewyu2005
post Jun 28 2016, 02:07 PM

QUOTE(lsm1991 @ Jun 28 2016, 03:04 PM)
cry.gif
they do.. sort of

- not too old, good fc, fairly large (to me large = has 4 doors + bigger than a saga) has it all BUT the folding seats
sentras
-still think this is a good option, has a huge boot spacious interior BUT bigger cc, no folding seats
latio
-well..... hatchback + space technically fulfills the basic req~~ (pretty sure it sort of folds down~
vios
altis (25k or so)
-just a  bigger vios
avanza

thats all i can think of~~ dont know whats ur definition of old.... or your definition of large.... to me old is classic status (25yrs) and largeish is over the size of a saga
Ism1991, i am talking to you what proton car do you recommend to buy Proton Iriz 1.6 executive or Proton Exora Bold CPS mt. Because i believe in your suggestion. I am seriously going to buy it.thanks biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by andrewyu2005: Jun 28 2016, 02:07 PM
lowya
post Jun 28 2016, 02:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(lsm1991 @ Jun 28 2016, 02:04 PM)
cry.gif
they do.. sort of

sentras
latio
vios
altis (25k or so)
-just a  bigger vios
avanza

not looking for sedan, probably van/mpv type would be more suited.
andrewyu2005
post Jun 28 2016, 02:08 PM

QUOTE(lowya @ Jun 28 2016, 03:07 PM)
ok then go and get exora cfe or cps thanks
YJSEE
post Jun 28 2016, 02:08 PM

Hi guys,

I am in doubt wheather should go for VW Passat 1.8 tsi dsg between year 2012-2013 or play safe to get a Mazda 6 2.5 year 2010-2011. Seems like VW having lots of negative feedback. However i couldn't really found much info regarding Mazda6.. Anyone can enlighten me? Thx for sharing
lowya
post Jun 28 2016, 02:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(andrewyu2005 @ Jun 28 2016, 02:08 PM)
ok then go and get exora cfe or cps thanks
looking for japan one..

any recommendations?
lsm1991
post Jun 28 2016, 02:14 PM

QUOTE(lowya @ Jun 28 2016, 02:07 PM)
OHHHHHHHHHHH nowonder! was wondering... he wants a sedan but needs folding seats... why not a van or something of that sort haha (also any Japanese Cars kind seems like u were looking for a car)

ayam know nothing of these sorts.... only Avanza, Vanette, and the unser (1.8 tho)
avanzas and unsers have been around for...... like forever and being a common toyota.. parts are easy to come by

This post has been edited by lsm1991: Jun 28 2016, 03:12 PM

168 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0767sec    1.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 11th December 2018 - 06:13 AM