Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Plan to buy a NEW/USED car?(V3),, ASK HERE for recommendations

views

lsm1991
post Jun 28 2016, 12:51 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

oh mygod....
andrewyu2005 this is a serious-ish thread.... what are you doing....
lsm1991
post Jun 28 2016, 01:29 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(lowya @ Jun 28 2016, 01:23 PM)
Any recommendation?

1. Brand : any Japanese Cars
2. Budget : <25k
3. New/Used/Unreg : used, not too old
4. Specs : >5 seaters, seats foldable, spacious.
5. Transmission : Auto
6. Engine: 1500 or 1600cc, diesel also can, good fc.
how old is not too old.....
seg(maybe abit old, 15k or so)
city's?
sentras(i think this is decent, 1.8L iirc)
latio (barely manages but u can get the most basic of the basic for this $)
vios?
lsm1991
post Jun 28 2016, 02:04 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(lowya @ Jun 28 2016, 01:40 PM)
none of those mentioned fits all the requirements requested.
cry.gif
they do.. sort of

city for the money (4th gen for this $)
- not too old, good fc, fairly large (to me large = has 4 doors + bigger than a saga) has it all BUT the folding seats
sentras
-still think this is a good option, has a huge boot spacious interior BUT bigger cc, no folding seats
latio
-well..... hatchback + space technically fulfills the basic req~~ (pretty sure it sort of folds down~
vios
-not big fan of vios so~~ well.....
altis (25k or so)
-just a bigger vios
avanza
-not sure if you were even considering a van....

thats all i can think of~~ dont know whats ur definition of old.... or your definition of large.... to me old is classic status (25yrs) and largeish is over the size of a saga
lsm1991
post Jun 28 2016, 02:14 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(lowya @ Jun 28 2016, 02:07 PM)
not looking for sedan, probably van/mpv type would be more suited.
OHHHHHHHHHHH nowonder! was wondering... he wants a sedan but needs folding seats... why not a van or something of that sort haha (also any Japanese Cars kind seems like u were looking for a car)

ayam know nothing of these sorts.... only Avanza, Vanette, and the unser (1.8 tho)
avanzas and unsers have been around for...... like forever and being a common toyota.. parts are easy to come by

This post has been edited by lsm1991: Jun 28 2016, 03:12 PM
lsm1991
post Jun 28 2016, 03:36 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(andrewyu2005 @ Jun 28 2016, 03:27 PM)
NISSAN GRAND LIVINA
if you are selling a decent one for 25k i would like one......
lsm1991
post Jun 28 2016, 05:15 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(andrewyu2005 @ Jun 28 2016, 04:44 PM)
ok i have just searched for you.(http://www.mudah.my/2010+Nissan+Grand+Livina+1+6+A+MPVs-46907368.htm)Nissan Grand Livina 2010 Can you help to choose my car first thanks? proton iriz 1,3 or 1.6 mt or exora bold cps thanks?LSM1991 where are you?
call the owner up ~~ ask about the car.... tell me what the owner says.....

inb4 be realistic......
lsm1991
post Jun 28 2016, 06:28 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(andrewyu2005 @ Jun 28 2016, 05:43 PM)
.I am sorry LSM1991 that nissan Grand Livina 2010 is sold others are quite expensive so i cant help you to find it right now.Now can you please help me to choose between exora cps manual 1.6 and iriz 1.6 mt thanks?
abang.... its not sold.... that number does not existlah...... x cukup digit mana boleh call! ohmy.gif
lsm1991
post Jun 29 2016, 12:25 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(nelsonmui87 @ Jun 29 2016, 10:11 AM)
Hi morning, every sifu.

Having 2 questions regarding Used Camry .
1. Camry 2007 pre-facelift (ACV40) vs 2009 facelift (ACV40 Face Lift)? Any advice?

View both car. Found the following difference.
A. Keyless entry & Push Start & Better look of car key
B. HID headlamp vs XENON. (What's the difference? Does HID visibility is better a lot than XENON?)
C. Auto dimming rear view mirror (For me is nothing)
D. New Grill, bumper, Rear lamp (didn't found the difference yet, except rear lamp)
A,B,C and D are all added value/aesthetical stuff, its perceived value really depends on you as the buyer
E. New player that compatible with reverse camera (This is a must to me, because is my wife driving, she insist need camera, so will install aftermarket if stock doesn't come with this, any advice for model and price?)
assuming you want a good head unit with a monitor, that would cost around 800-2k depending on the specs...... (am guessing, I am no audiophile) as for the camera if you are willing to go for those really cheap china units, it is really cheap, it you buy via online and diy, the camera costs 20 bucks
option 2, is to not get a whole new headunit just for the screen rear view camera/mirror, which costs another 40 the pro is that its easy to setup and you dont need to get another headunit if you dont have one...... the con is you will lose the dimmer functionality nod.gif (as one can tell im a big fan of this china monitor cheapo monitor, its one of the few china cheapo products i can accept installed in my own car)
F. Price. 2008 pre-facelift around RM70k vs 2010 facelift around RM90k.
heuristically dependent on your needs, likes, car condition and offers you receive
basically for 20k more, you get a few upgrades (not sure but i think cruise control was added, and some things were done to the front chair), some asthetical changes, and a car newer by 2 years..... under all those changes, the car is still basically the same

2. Car color. Prefer white color. Does this pearl white hard to maintains? So far I found there's only several white camry for sell in JB area.
compared to what colors? all i know is that white and black are usually more difficult to keep clean.... watermarks, basically everything can be seen if you dont clean the car often. silver, brown, green, gold are great!!
i can only offer these few sens worth of advice......

This post has been edited by lsm1991: Jun 29 2016, 12:37 PM
lsm1991
post Jun 29 2016, 01:25 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(tekplyrX @ Jun 29 2016, 12:49 PM)
Hello sifus,
If I want to buy a 2nd hand car (cash not loan). How much "extra" do I need to have in hand to cover the other expenses (e.g. insurance, change of ownership, inspections e.t.c)? In particular i am considering this one bmw e46 320i

2nd hand dealer, u will have to ask them cause there is no 'standard' price they have all sorts of processing fees.....(basically everything will be hiked up cause they say they have runners to do it for you)

so far, when i went to some cars last year; (just as an example for you, i viewed and asked about many cars...)
1)waja, they wanted 27.5k for the car and another 4.5k for the processing fees so 32k in total. Cant remember the breakdown of the processing fees but basically car would have been insured comprehensively for 20k, rest of the 4.5k was supposed to be processing fees (they probably did this to make the car seem attractive online)
2)celica, they wanted 36k for the car and another 6k for the processing fees so 42k in total. also cannot remember the breakdown of the processing fees
3)clk230, they wanted 40k for the car and another 3k for the processing fees so 43k in total.
4)e46 , they wanted 22k for the car and another 3k for the processing fees so 25k in total. (earlier batch hence the price)
4)fto , they wanted 30k for the car and another 2k for the processing fees so 32k in total.
4)seg , they wanted 15k for the car and another 1k for the processing fees so 16k in total.
lsm1991
post Jun 29 2016, 02:22 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(tekplyrX @ Jun 29 2016, 02:14 PM)
Thanks  thumbsup.gif. From your examples, I'll budget an extra rm5k just in case then.
the extra unseemingly high ones are those scalping big time... i think 2-3 k should be more than enough..... hmm.gif really you should pay em a visit and ask the dealer yourself.....

remember to budget a sum for maintanance!! icon_idea.gif
lsm1991
post Jun 29 2016, 02:25 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(dark90 @ Jun 29 2016, 02:01 PM)
1. Brand : Proton or VW
2. Budget : 70-90
3. New/Used/Unreg : New
4. Specs : -
5. Transmission : Auto
6. NA or FI : 
7. Type : Sedan
8. Remarks : I'm actually just looking for a reliable family car sedan. Got Honda City at home, so i'll minus that of my list. test drive the new Vento, and i'm loving it, just concerned with the DSG gearbox. advice guys? test drive Preve and Suprima before still not sure what to buy.. advice pls.
reliable, and dry clutches are very rarely if ever used together in the same sentence.... it's a risk you have to bear if you want such a car...

QUOTE(andrewyu2005 @ Jun 29 2016, 02:06 PM)
Please go and get Suprima S standard because it is cheaper than preve cfe and it's interior quality is better than preve cfe. If you love vento,then stick with vento.
omaigod why......
Suprima S/preve cfe use the EXACT same interior panels wherever it can be reused.... there is no quality/built dif between the 2

QUOTE(dark90 @ Jun 29 2016, 02:21 PM)
when you say downgraded to B segment they lower down the specs of the engine is it? the space is also downgraded?
who mentioned downgrade??
b seg = smaller than c seg, thats it
a Myvi with a 7000cc turbo and supercharged engine would still be a B segment
lsm1991
post Jun 29 2016, 03:17 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(dark90 @ Jun 29 2016, 02:27 PM)
ah i get it. If lets say DSG got prob, anyone knows how much am i looking at?
lets not think about that first.....
clutchpack itself is around 3-4k if im not mistaken...... if only they sold these cars with the conventional gb
lsm1991
post Jun 29 2016, 03:27 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(dark90 @ Jun 29 2016, 03:23 PM)
If I'm not mistaken the comfortline is conventional, only the highline is DSG. Comfortline 1.6 6 speed conventional
my opinion, vw running the conventional gearboxes are actually pretty decent......
lsm1991
post Jun 29 2016, 03:40 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(tekplyrX @ Jun 29 2016, 03:13 PM)
Sadly I'm not a fan of 2-doors.

Why avoid the 2.0? Care to enlighten this noob?
2.0 is the n46, had some issues with the chain, valvesomething (forgot ape they panggil dah) so, not the best engine developed by bmw (to be fair was told it isnt something that will necessarily happen but it was a problem for some)

on the plus side, the 2.0 is probably one of the more rare models to find here.... so very unlikely you bump into one (at least i myself have never seen the n46 before)

QUOTE(digilife @ Jun 29 2016, 03:23 PM)
Not really sure, hearsay only and was advice to look for either 1.9L M43B19 or better still M54B25 engines car
ehh ade reason.... u join the bmw club and they will telll you all about it! be warned however, they tend to love the 6 potters alot more than the 4 potter siblings! they will try poison you!!!
lsm1991
post Jun 29 2016, 04:21 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(tekplyrX @ Jun 29 2016, 03:52 PM)
Thanks for the input, just re-checked the ad an noticed its actually the 318i (2.0L) n46 engine.
when i asked the otai's in the bmw clubs thats the reply i got haha im just relaying the info tongue.gif
each person you ask has a different opinion, so up to you to kumpul the info and come up with your own conclusion.... then if you do buy the car and own it for a while, you can reformulate your conclusion based on your own conclusion hehe

QUOTE(digilife @ Jun 29 2016, 04:12 PM)
If you are fine with the annual RT of abt rm860, just get a 2.5L M54B25 Beemer. more powerful & better FC

I seen one and almost paid a rm1k deposit but my eagle eye mech fren open the engine oil cap , smell it, peep inside , saw a lot of sludge , advice me to abort the purchase cause it will require an overhaul , minimum top overhaul to solve it. But the auto transmission was good & speed damn powerful , 2.5L the way to go bro...........
hehe yelah... problem is tax tax tax!!..... otherwise my grubby fingers would probably have latched onto a 1jz e36 already rclxms.gif~~ then again did end up with a very pretty car (at least to me), so no complaints brows.gif

QUOTE(dark90 @ Jun 29 2016, 03:40 PM)
the comfortline don't have VSC however, how important is VSC in your opinion?
i cannot say if its important or not haha..... its something great to have in an emergency..... it might save your life
I personally believe that, if you have good tyres and drive responsibly, its good enough.... you should not be getting yourself in a scenario where you really need vsc to save you but then again, in the back of my head i know that sometimes shit happens whether you like it or not~
lsm1991
post Jun 29 2016, 04:46 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(dark90 @ Jun 29 2016, 04:30 PM)
What car are you currently driving?
me?/ i drive a junk.... old proton-ish car
lsm1991
post Jun 29 2016, 06:13 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(andrewyu2005 @ Jun 29 2016, 06:03 PM)
who havent watched Perodua Axia vs Proton Iriz vs Kia Picanto? if you have not watched, then please do not debate with me especially Lsm1991 and digilife
open another thread and do that lah...... mess this thread up buat ape...... sad.gif

ppl masuk sini to get advice from zenix, not to see you praise proton endlessly and repeatedly post the exact same thing over and over lah dei..... dry.gif

*edit: ohh wai... i saw him necro a 2 yr old thread ohmy.gif *

This post has been edited by lsm1991: Jun 29 2016, 06:14 PM
lsm1991
post Jun 29 2016, 07:48 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Jun 29 2016, 06:45 PM)

1. First of all, is your Seller still owing the bank any money? If so, he needs to do a settlement with the bank first. You probably need to make an agreement with him that you write a cheque and get him to settle the bank loan first. Within a week, the car will be ready for transfer.

2. Seller to proceed to Puspakom to have his car checked. He need to provide you with the B5 (for JPJ transfer). This will cost him RM30. Or he can get a runner to do it, add about RM100 (he will bear it all).

3. You need to purchase the insurance for the car. You can use iMoney to get more information on this and compare before going to the insurance agent/office.

4. Bring your Puspakom documents and Insurance cover note and proceed to JPJ to complete the transfer.
a) Both Seller and Buyer must be present. If not, you need to get a commissioner of oaths to verify the absent parties on a Borang Akuan (JPJ-SAB01 and JPJ-SAB02). Write a simple authorization letter for a representative along with photocopies of his identification card.

b) Fill up Borang TM-1 and two copies of JPJ-K3.

c) Transfer costs is borne by the Buyer (i.e. you) and should cost RM100. If you do not have the time, you can hire a runner to do it (add about RM200).

5. Once done, you pay the Seller the rest of the money owed and Seller will hand over the car and keys to you. This can also happen in step 1, depending on your arrangement with your Seller.

sos
rclxms.gif all the goodly info here!
lsm1991
post Jun 29 2016, 08:04 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(alexhee @ Jun 29 2016, 03:03 PM)
I currently own a manual myvi and I do not have a deep understanding about cars, just the basic concept. What I really have in mind now is IS250(06-07), MK6, Civic 2.0(06-10), Mark X. I am ready to set 5k on maintenance and issues that might arise per year on top of my instalment. I am open to any car that looks a bit sporty and luxury with good handling, fun to drive and reliability(as long I fixed the major issue, it wont come back in short term).

Thank you in adv. smile.gif
just wana add a few things,
decide upon what type of car you want first..... do you want a track/ready kind of car or are you looking for a sporty luxury car?
a track ready car would be like the type r, scooby, evo powerful and raw but nothing much going in the comfort/luxury/gizmo department... these cars tend to be less refined (noisy, bumpy suspension, sometimes more difficult to drive). the mark x and the IS250 are more luxury oriented with a powerful heart. they have the performance and can definitely shift if needed but they might seem less..... hectic, less rushed.....

other cars you can look at are;
-euro accord (cl9) (loved the cl7 back then , cl9 with the k series engine seems like more win)
-kizashi (not sure if it is really a sporty powerful car but poped to mind so yeah~)
-something else popped in and ran away.... cannot remember now zzzzzzzz

my opinion is you need to decide on which type of car you want to live with first
lsm1991
post Jun 30 2016, 10:16 AM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(nelsonmui87 @ Jun 30 2016, 09:46 AM)
E. So if would like to get accurate reverse guidelines, need to get OEM reverse camera and install in Toyota? Does it need the OEM player also?
G. A good suggestion. Btw do you have any comment for coating? Does it help? Especially for used car.
E. no there is no need for the oem player. Any headunit with the appropriate resolution would do (cheapo cameras are really cheapo, the usual advertised 170 degree viewing angle is all lies~~)
G. oh wai i also wana know.... todei i found 2 more scratches (or more like chips) on my front bumper bangwall.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

QUOTE(andrewyu2005 @ Jun 30 2016, 10:09 AM)
King of B segment cars in malaysia is Iriz not mazda 2
what in the world are you replying to... omaigod...... doh.gif

This post has been edited by lsm1991: Jun 30 2016, 10:17 AM

30 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2901sec    0.32    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:39 AM