Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Plan to buy a NEW/USED car?(V3),, ASK HERE for recommendations

views

nelsonmui87
post Jun 29 2016, 09:56 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(hongzheng @ Jun 28 2016, 06:03 PM)
what is the interest rate you all getting for your used car loan? i know on paper most bank can go lowest 3.4-3.5%. But when it is done through car dealer it is complicated.

i get an offer from Hong Leong 3.7% for 7 years, small loan amount below 50k.

wanted to get maybank but the sales man says maybank do not layan small amount used car loan,

Ambank were so tedious asking so many question, until your neighbour gold fish also they want to know the name, kiasi betui

my guess is that the sales man only apply bank following his own interest...
Wow.... 3.7% for me is acceptable...
because most of the car dealer telling me the interest is above 4%....
In fact I didn't submit loan yet... hopefully can submit by this week...
nelsonmui87
post Jun 29 2016, 10:11 AM

26 posts

Hi morning, every sifu.

Having 2 questions regarding Used Camry .
1. Camry 2007 pre-facelift (ACV40) vs 2009 facelift (ACV40 Face Lift)? Any advice?

View both car. Found the following difference.
A. Keyless entry & Push Start & Better look of car key
B. HID headlamp vs XENON. (What's the difference? Does HID visibility is better a lot than XENON?)
C. Auto dimming rear view mirror (For me is nothing)
D. New Grill, bumper, Rear lamp (didn't found the difference yet, except rear lamp)
E. New player that compatible with reverse camera (This is a must to me, because is my wife driving, she insist need camera, so will install aftermarket if stock doesn't come with this, any advice for model and price?)
F. Price. 2008 pre-facelift around RM70k vs 2010 facelift around RM90k.

2. Car color. Prefer white color. Does this pearl white hard to maintains? So far I found there's only several white camry for sell in JB area.
nelsonmui87
post Jun 29 2016, 11:47 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(hongzheng @ Jun 29 2016, 10:48 AM)
thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif
mudah & motor trader normally put 3.2-3.4%. misleading.

Public bank offer 4%, it just different by RM 10 per month compare to 3.7%..
tongue.gif tongue.gif
Due to investment practise, always used to focus on %.
For me below 4% is more acceptable... at least even cheaper than FD... Which is a guarantee ROI. brows.gif
nelsonmui87
post Jun 29 2016, 05:18 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(lsm1991 @ Jun 29 2016, 12:25 PM)
i can only offer these few sens worth of advice......
Thanks bro.
Ya, I dont' have much requirement for the screen player yet...
Will research around after got the car.

the color I am comparing is White and Silver, lots of Silver camry avaialble in JB.

Anyone got idea Camry 2008 prefacelift ACV40 is it come with Xenon headlamp?
Is Xenon same as HID?

nelsonmui87
post Jun 30 2016, 09:46 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Jun 29 2016, 06:45 PM)
A. These are just additional fancy stuff. I don't think they are critical so it is up to your taste.
B. For me HID is better and brighter. You wanna go aftermarket route a HID kit can cost anywhere from RM250 to RM800.
C. Not really critical I guess, up to your taste.
D. Not really critical I guess, up to your taste.
E. Just my dua sen, I've installed aftermarket ones before and the price can be very cheap. The rear camera price starts from RM50 onwards and a basic player that can play video/mp3/and use the rear camera starts off at RM300 for china brands. So it isn't really that expensive but the quality and installation isn't as good as OEM. The OEM installed camera you can fully 100% trust the guidelines and alignments, for aftermarket installation I guess 70% for cheapo ones and about 95% for real good ones and installer does a good job.
F. I guess basically the important bits are the HID lights and player, so you can think is it better to pay the extra 20k for everything OEM or you wanna do aftermarket route?
G. Not really, for me I don't find any problems with any color. My usual regiment is bringing it to the RM10 car wash once a week. RM50-80 Wax and polish once in 2-3 months. Never had any paint issues.
E. So if would like to get accurate reverse guidelines, need to get OEM reverse camera and install in Toyota? Does it need the OEM player also?
G. A good suggestion. Btw do you have any comment for coating? Does it help? Especially for used car.
nelsonmui87
post Jun 30 2016, 11:14 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(lsm1991 @ Jun 30 2016, 10:16 AM)
E. no there is no need for the oem player. Any headunit with the appropriate resolution would do (cheapo cameras are really cheapo, the usual advertised 170 degree viewing angle is all lies~~)
G. oh wai i also wana know.... todei i found 2 more scratches (or more like chips) on my front bumper  bangwall.gif 
what in the world are you replying to... omaigod......
E. Any advise where could I get more reliable reverse camera? Prefer those no need drill one...
I am worry after drill if change next camera will it be a problem.

G. Yes, I found if running on highway frequently, even new car will get lots of stone chip easily...
Thinking how to prevent in this case hmm.gif hmm.gif

QUOTE(zenix @ Jun 30 2016, 10:40 AM)
E. Any player that accepts video input will do.

Cheapo reverse camera, need to adjust the angles manually, over time the thing gets loose and angles all kaput.
Also during installation they gotta drill some holes and sometimes the installation can be poor quality and ugly.
user posted image

Factory fitted ones have no moving parts and are perfect fit and aligned for your car model.
user posted image

G. Don't bother it is a scam 
No harm in paying for it if you like it but i wouldn't bother.
Save the money and repaint the car better 
Thanks bro. In this case will prefer factory fitted one... Because previous car is exactly like what you mentioned, after drill the work is not nice and need worry for future camera replacement.
Actually i am thinking to get a reliable camera with guideline, my previous guideline totally doesn't work.
So guideline is actually produce in camera not player, right?

Erm... so your usually repaint every few years? After repaint any impact?
nelsonmui87
post Jun 30 2016, 11:16 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(dark90 @ Jun 30 2016, 11:05 AM)
I was approached by a toyota sales man. they say toyota got their own bank can loan from them.. not sure how or what the process is, just want to confirm is this true? zenix
I share what i know first.
UMW toyota malaysia got Toyota Captial for financial service.
http://www.toyotacapital.com.my/

So suppose is true.
nelsonmui87
post Jul 6 2016, 03:55 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(daymond85 @ Jul 6 2016, 11:58 AM)
Teana is also expensive in Jb area. How about Sylphy? Good? Which year you will suggest? Is this a C segment or D segment car?
Bro, teana is cheaper if compare camry.
I think for the same price you definitely can get newer Teana with more features.

Sylphy good in term of ride. I did try also before I get camry.
Is kind of comfort ride above c segment.
The reason why I give up Slyphy is because
1. thigh support is not as good as camry.
2. heard that the CVT having some potential overheat issue. Since it's 2nd hand so i just give up.
3. My wife prefer camry. (Else I will consider Teana).

This is one of my thread talking about Slyphy for your reference.
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f=20&t=3975045

Nissan
C Segment - Slyphy
D Segment - Teana

Toyota
C Segment - Altis
D Segement - Camry

QUOTE(daymond85 @ Jul 6 2016, 03:32 PM)
Argh, there are only two 2012-2013 sylphy in johor (http://www.mudah.my/johor/cars-for-sale/nissan/sylphy?lst=0&fs=1&w=112&cg=1020&so=1&st=s&mke=24&mds=33&mdl=1155&mde=34) while only one in JB area. And the price is ... Haha...

Btw, is the new sylphy worth to have it?
You can go Tan Chong Try the new Slyphy if you are interested... As well as Teana.
If you bought Nissan rmb share here your usage experience... (I will aim it for my next car if good to go). brows.gif brows.gif

This post has been edited by nelsonmui87: Jul 6 2016, 03:56 PM
nelsonmui87
post Jul 6 2016, 04:11 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(daymond85 @ Jul 6 2016, 04:06 PM)
You are lucky to get your camry. I will continue to look for second hand camry till end of this year.

else, I will go for new car.
Bro, topmark sale got PM me one new camry arrived.
http://topmark.com.my/index.cfm?fa=virtual...ail&UID=BLU3899

It's 2012 camry with 1 year toyota warranty.
You can visit them. but the price is much higher. RM110k++...

So sorry trouble him send me info but my wife chosen another camry....haha...
Intro you see see.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1687sec    0.41    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:02 PM