Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
127 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

PC Audio Edifier Fan Club V3, where great sound comes to life =)

views

PcWork
post Jan 12 2007, 10:22 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

QUOTE(Wuakaka @ Jan 12 2007, 10:15 PM)
so dat means if i my budget reli is above Rm 500,i should go for altec?
u juz mention it dat if compare lower range oni lose,so if i wan compare the higher range de leh?
i can't tell u which is better.
i heard S2000V, it is too flat for me, too boring for my ear.
so far, sub RM 1K systems i only happy with Aego M / Altec MX5021/ R1900TIII.
and serious speaking FX6021 is SUCkS also.
its depend on ur budget, what kind music u like, and mainly use the speaker for wat (movie/ music).
then u only can find a speaker suit ur taste. else i suggest you get an Aego T set which can easily cost u couple thousand. that's quite good in my ear and my budget.

Wuakaka
post Jan 12 2007, 10:30 PM

Getting Started
244 posts

QUOTE(PcWork @ Jan 12 2007, 10:22 PM)
i can't tell u which is better.
i heard S2000V, it is too flat for me, too boring for my ear.
so far, sub RM 1K systems i only happy with Aego M / Altec MX5021/ R1900TIII.
and serious speaking FX6021 is SUCkS also.
its depend on ur budget, what kind music u like, and mainly use the speaker for wat (movie/ music).
then u only can find a speaker suit ur taste. else i suggest you get an Aego T set which can easily cost u couple thousand. that's quite good in my ear and my budget.
oh ya,i oso heard b4 of MX5021,is reli is a good speaker,actually,i buy tis set of speaker is juz for personal use oni la,coz my house already got Bmb karaoke system,n Jbl home theathre system,so is not reli is a must to buy a god pc speaker la,btw,thx,nice to meet u

killdavid
post Jan 12 2007, 11:14 PM

Senior Satire Officer
1,559 posts

doh.gif

Why make a big deal in convincing people which is better. Think of speakers as ice cream. Some people like chocolate and others like strawberry. It depends on personal taste. Take Aego M speakers, although it is generally agreed that it is a good set, some still find the brightness too much. It boils down to personal taste. However one thing I think everyone would agree is that Edifier gives a better performance/price ratio.
DotA 5.84C -AR
post Jan 13 2007, 09:57 AM

Casual
349 posts

QUOTE(Wuakaka @ Jan 12 2007, 10:15 PM)
so dat means if i my budget reli is above Rm 500,i should go for altec?
u juz mention it dat if compare lower range oni lose,so if i wan compare the higher range de leh?
if wanna take 2.1 vs 2.1, currently the highest range product from edifier is S2.1D(arround RM390) only. IMO MX5021 is still better than S2.1D. anyway, there is a term we always use "performance/price ratio", S2.1D still perform very good for the price u pay RM390 only. but i never say RM500 and above altec lansing is best choice, what i mean is just RM500 above speaker like MX5021 at least have the quality there so u can consider it. FYI, the lastest and highest range 2.1 from edifier is S2.1MKII. its going to release in the market in this year. u can go to test it at show room now. i really think RM500 above 2.1 speaker, S2.1MKII still beat all the other 2.1 speaker like logitech, altec lansing, creative, and klipsch. so... no matter wat range i still think edifier is the winner, i can see they keep work hard to improve their speaker quality, their product building material never reduce one. last time 4 to 5 years ago i am altec lansing fans. at that time their speaker quality really good. but after that i dunno wat happen to altec lansing, their quality really drop already, meanwhile edifier keep improve their speaker quality, so now i change to edifier fan already because i found that their product for low, high range all also very good quality. u wanna take 4 years b4 ATP3 compare with current ATP3? u will found
that altec lansing they reduce their building material to save cost! one more thing i can tell u is, i always think ATP3 and VS4121 sounds like cover by a pillow u know y?
because this speaker design natively got problem! did u know their 3" satelite is hide under the satelite? this is the reason make the satelite sounds blur. wat the heck to the design engineer of altec lansing, i start disappointed to them since ATP3 and their following product. i am not convince anybody here because i believe u have ur own idea. if u urself dun like that kind of sounding method, no matter how i convince u also no point. u can always test by urself 1st b4 decide to buy. i just want to release my opinion here. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by DotA 5.84C -AR: Jan 13 2007, 10:20 AM
kapitan
post Jan 13 2007, 02:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,205 posts

I got S2000 for RM999 during PCFAIR promo. I think its worth every penny. It sounded very good, and can be played loud without distortion. My bro Aego M sounds good too but doesnt play loud very well. Thats has something to do with the sub being too weak. When you play at normal volume, it blends in very well. But once you go loud, the sub is overpowered by the sattelite. Meanwhile, S2000 slightly lack bass when you play at low-to-moderate. But as you turn up the volume, the bass become more apparent and solid.

As for MX5021, its worth every penny too. Using it b4 upgraded to S2000. The bass is good and the sattelites sound decent enough for a 2.5inches drivers. The weak point of it lies with the sattelites as do many other MM speaker which utilises less than 3inches drivers. Some male singers vocals sounded so thin that it sounded very feminine. Normal cone speaker like Aego or CS21 sounded a lot better than MX5021 when you play western rock song where the male vocal tends to be bassy.
Wuakaka
post Jan 14 2007, 04:24 AM

Getting Started
244 posts

QUOTE(DotA 5.84C -AR @ Jan 13 2007, 09:57 AM)
if wanna take 2.1 vs 2.1, currently the highest range product from edifier is S2.1D(arround RM390) only. IMO MX5021 is still better than S2.1D. anyway, there is a term we always use "performance/price ratio", S2.1D still perform very good for the price u pay RM390 only. but i never say RM500 and above altec lansing is best choice, what i mean is just RM500 above speaker like MX5021 at least have the quality there so u can consider it. FYI, the lastest and highest range 2.1 from edifier is S2.1MKII. its going to release in the market in this year. u can go to test it at show room now. i really think RM500 above 2.1 speaker, S2.1MKII still beat all the other 2.1 speaker like logitech, altec lansing, creative, and klipsch. so... no matter wat range i still think edifier is the winner, i can see they keep work hard to improve their speaker quality, their product building material never reduce one. last time 4 to 5 years ago i am altec lansing fans. at that time their speaker quality really good. but after that i dunno wat happen to altec lansing, their quality really drop already, meanwhile edifier keep improve their speaker quality, so now i change to edifier fan already because i found that their product for low, high range all also very good quality. u wanna take 4 years b4 ATP3 compare with current ATP3? u will found
that altec lansing they reduce their building material to save cost! one more thing i can tell u is, i always think ATP3 and VS4121 sounds like cover by a pillow u know y?
because this speaker design natively got problem! did u know their 3" satelite is hide under the satelite? this is the reason make the satelite sounds blur. wat the heck to the design engineer of altec lansing, i start disappointed to them since ATP3 and their following product. i am not convince anybody here because i believe u have ur own idea. if u urself dun like that kind of sounding method, no matter how i convince u also no point. u can always test by urself 1st b4 decide to buy. i just want to release my opinion here.  biggrin.gif
juz look back n u will find out dat is because their main designer had passed away and now the designing part is all in china now,so no wonder the quality is getting worser and worser
Edifier
post Jan 14 2007, 11:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
8,537 posts

QUOTE(Wuakaka @ Jan 14 2007, 04:24 AM)
juz look back n u will find out dat is because their main designer had passed away and now the designing part is all in china now,so no wonder the quality is getting worser and worser
Yes, the designer pass away after he design the ACS48. All the new products now is produce by the factory in China and AL just bought over by the Plantronic.
Aquanox28
post Jan 14 2007, 03:47 PM

Regular
1,168 posts

^

So, will that mean that there won't be anymore Altec Lansing Speakers? sweat.gif
deodorant
post Jan 14 2007, 04:56 PM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,691 posts

Any of you got any comment on the Edifier C2? Some random salesman at one of the shop in LY recommend it cos it got the best "sound quality" for 2.1 speaker. I must admit it looks sexy cos it comes with its own amp ... but other than that, my hi-fi-stunted ears can't really tell the diff between other speakers D:
Edifier
post Jan 15 2007, 05:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
8,537 posts

Edifier product line in CES2007

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
Major Sun. Thomas Victor Yang
post Jan 15 2007, 08:28 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

How long does Edifier to produce new products for multimedia speakers?
OrCaGaL
post Jan 15 2007, 08:37 PM

On my way
514 posts

my e3100 still rockin after 3 years! yay! rclxm9.gif
Edifier
post Jan 17 2007, 04:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
8,537 posts

New S 2.1M, will be available soon. U can try it @ Edifier showroom now.

This post has been edited by Edifier: Jan 17 2007, 04:35 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
killdavid
post Jan 17 2007, 04:44 PM

Senior Satire Officer
1,559 posts

Hmm ... looks like the C2 to me
Audio Artist
post Jan 17 2007, 05:24 PM

Getting Started
93 posts

Tested so far and IMHO,the bass is better than S2.1d.
Edifier
post Jan 17 2007, 05:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
8,537 posts

For the high end series all the sub will use the same design (boxy) and the satellite is piano finish.

The Sound quality of the S2.1M definitely will better than the S2.1D because

1. it use the newly design driver
2. New Amplifier design
3. Voice by Phil Jones

The bass will be more tight and powerful than the old S2.1D and the satellite will sound more clear than old S2.1D due to using the newly design driver.

Please drop by to test it @ Edifier showroom if u r in Low Yat Plaza.

killdavid
post Jan 17 2007, 05:27 PM

Senior Satire Officer
1,559 posts

Do you have the market price for s2.1M ?
Torniquet
post Jan 17 2007, 06:16 PM

Unable to think of one
1,442 posts

how does the s2.1m fair wif the up coming model s2.1mkII wif is in demo at the edifier showroom
Aquanox28
post Jan 17 2007, 07:12 PM

Regular
1,168 posts

May I know what is 'voice by Phil Jones'? I saw one or two models having that in the retail pricelist. smile.gif
DotA 5.84C -AR
post Jan 17 2007, 08:46 PM

Casual
349 posts

QUOTE(Aquanox28 @ Jan 17 2007, 07:12 PM)
May I know what is 'voice by Phil Jones'? I saw one or two models having that in the retail pricelist.  smile.gif
Phil Jones is a human. biggrin.gif

127 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0239sec    0.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:59 PM