Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

PC Audio Edifier Fan Club V3, where great sound comes to life =)

views

PcWork
post Jan 6 2007, 11:53 AM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

QUOTE(blurrystart @ Jan 1 2007, 06:57 PM)
just got M3300...

i hate telling the truth but M3300 really gave me a big disappointment. sad.gif  As most of u here recommended me go for M3300 due to its clarity and tight bass. U r right about the clarity but i couldnt see there's tight bass ...all it could perform was a weak and inappropriate low frequency to its good treble  blink.gif. I tried maximizing the bass boosting as much as i could and the result got worse and worse  shakehead.gif
------------------
i think that M3300 is just mediocre in performance.  There's certainly a gap between M3300 and ATP3 (the same situation there when i compare it to VS 4121 sad.gif ). Maybe its clarity gets the point but it totally lose the rest !
-------------------
Thx for all of ur advices. This thread is EDIFIER's FAN CLUB, So definitely some guys assess EDIFIER's products partially.They r give more peformance than EDIFIER can offer customers.
We need more true evalution or feedback  than exaggeration  hmm.gif
well, in fact what is the definition of tight bass? perhaps the tight of ur meaning is different with other's definition.
by the budget price, i really won't think you can get a superb setup with wide sound stage, transparent sound, well define treble, sweet vocal, and tight bass all in one. else why we bother to spend couple thousand to buy an ENTRY level of hifi speaker? even AEGO M were f**ked up by people claiming it's emphasized on vocal, treble, lack in bass, yada yada...
IMHO within price range of RM 1000, all we can do is to find a speaker sound that suit our own taste, we can't get an nice all rounder with that price, as it is mainly design to use as multimedia speaker / computer speaker which end up playing majority MP3 or loosely format.

i had two MP220, with price of it RM 99, i can buy an creative 2.1 speaker already. but heck i know there will be some sacrificed. i want vocal, it gave me vocal, that's good enough for the price, i won't blame it for unable to produce bass. just same theory, buying somethings within a budget price, we should be prepare for some "flaws" that had with it. and what you should really do is to test it out, to see u can detect the flaws, or u can tolerance it or not.

This post has been edited by PcWork: Jan 6 2007, 11:58 AM
PcWork
post Jan 12 2007, 10:14 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

QUOTE(Wuakaka @ Jan 12 2007, 08:32 PM)
My dat fren keep saying dat bcoz of my budget so i go for Edifier,he even say dat Edifier is a lousy brand,he say even Logitech also can beat Edifier,come on,if my budget is 1k above,i will still choose Edifier,the bass is boom boom enough,i ask him to go sri computers n compare it but he said dat he bought his speaker set at Low Yat too,i wonder wat set he bought dat he tinks dat Edifier is a lousy brand n duno is which stupid ppl dat convince him dat Edifier is a lousy brand,is reli iritating u noe?!

NO la joshua,i listen it by myself n tink so
no point argue. in ur eye, ppl said altec is better is wrong. but at their eye, u said edifier is better is exactly same as what u feel right now.
what for to argue, u spend ur money, u are happy, u don't have to convince him to believe that edifier is super duper good.
but in my opinion, every brand has their own respective model.
if you are going to say altec better than edifier, have to depend on what model. the same theory goes the other way. no offend, edifier also has sucks speaker. but they have some nice one that serve me well.for example MP220. but not R501 MKII / E series. they are just not my cup of tea. why i choose a portable speaker instead? because i like how it sound, and i am happy with it's price. that's enough. i don't need whole world to agree with me for me to enjoy my music. i appriciate mp220 compared to creative travelsound so well until i go out and get another pair to keep. so as altec, logitech and klipsch. i myself hates klipsch GMX very much and found out the price is seriously a joke. for my ear i can't appriciate it's sound.
and IMHO u shouldn't be saying which one is the BEST among all of them, just as the speaker suit ur need, and it serve u right. that's enough. and RM 500 speaker in a speaker industry is really NOTHING. you get what you paid for, and the most important is, u enjoy ur self. or else you will never be happy with what u have now.

QUOTE(DotA 5.84C -AR @ Jan 12 2007, 09:28 PM)
come on.. dun because to get a speaker, but lose a fren.  biggrin.gif

In fact, i seriously doubt ur fren r layman in audiophile. there is no way a logitech speaker can better than edifier! even though u take their highest 2.1 Z2300(RM550) versus the cheap M3300(RM230) i still say M3300 is way better in over all sound stage. same goes to altec lansing speaker. IMHO, altec lansing just produce good speaker start from RM450(CS21) and above.  their lower range product like ATP3 and vs4121 sounds like a speaker cover by a pillow, and the bass is loud but bloat and not well defined. for those layman who dunno acoustic, they usually thought bass louder meaning the speaker is better. this kind of user like ur fren better ask them go to buy car speaker, because those cheap car skeaper already can blast until ur house vibrate with their "boomy" bass.

but... ignorance is not their fault, because they dun have a sensitive ear. just dun waste ur time to argue with them because they wouldn't understand it.  biggrin.gif
actually people has different taste for different sound, and people has their freedom to love different type of music. and it's not about who is layman or not. if we are talking this way. people with better speaker like S2000 can call all edifier user which less than RM 500 is also layman? and people with half million systems might as well call us "deaf" man which can live with such cheap and lausy speaker that cost "ONLY" RM 800.. lol rclxub.gif
altec has good speaker last time. but since their main designer pass away. they pass on the design to china. and make it sucks. but they do have some model that worth to try too. so personal taste take in place.

This post has been edited by PcWork: Jan 12 2007, 10:19 PM
PcWork
post Jan 12 2007, 10:22 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

QUOTE(Wuakaka @ Jan 12 2007, 10:15 PM)
so dat means if i my budget reli is above Rm 500,i should go for altec?
u juz mention it dat if compare lower range oni lose,so if i wan compare the higher range de leh?
i can't tell u which is better.
i heard S2000V, it is too flat for me, too boring for my ear.
so far, sub RM 1K systems i only happy with Aego M / Altec MX5021/ R1900TIII.
and serious speaking FX6021 is SUCkS also.
its depend on ur budget, what kind music u like, and mainly use the speaker for wat (movie/ music).
then u only can find a speaker suit ur taste. else i suggest you get an Aego T set which can easily cost u couple thousand. that's quite good in my ear and my budget.

PcWork
post Feb 10 2007, 05:42 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

QUOTE(kapitan @ Feb 10 2007, 05:24 PM)
You are damn rite...
Sometimes I do miss the fake thumping bass from my ex MX5021...
Well, at least S2000 sounds so smooth and sweet...

naruto-kun also got S2000?
must have another set of cheapper speaker to give the boomm boom bass, especially when watching movie, hahaha

PcWork
post Mar 17 2007, 05:49 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

QUOTE(kapitan @ Mar 17 2007, 04:04 PM)
Port as in the port where most subwoofer pump air out when thumping?

When I was mad with car audio lastime, was told port or no port does nothing to the price. When no port, bass sounded less powerful/thumping but more solid/tight. But when u meet basshead, they want more thumping power, thus this lead to porting. They got certain formula to calculate. If done right, not only porting is more powerful, it can achieve the same SQ of a non ported sub.

Correct me if Im wrong... long time din touch audio stuff...
it's actually balanced the pressure of internal enclosure and external.
but it often can lead to resonance to certain frequency causing certain frequency is extra ordinary loud.
but.
if a port is tune properly ( box size, shape and tube size and tube length) more often a factory set a resonance point to the weakest frequency of the speaker drive itself, resulting a more flat frequency respond without a spike.
how ever, poorly design port will lead to emphasis on certain frequency, hence better to put it without a port.
in market, there's not much computer speaker with proper port design which achieve the sound quality of no port woofer design.
this is what i usually use as reference.

user posted image

user posted image

PcWork
post Mar 31 2007, 07:36 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

QUOTE(lAh0S @ Mar 31 2007, 04:29 AM)
Track the 1st gathering thread, inside there got my pic liao ma i believe.
We promoter only leh, how to give best price?
Best price need to ask boss. laugh.gif
lol
the evil plan is officially killed off?
=P
it's not gonna work man.-O
PcWork
post Apr 3 2007, 09:03 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

QUOTE(blackshirt @ Apr 3 2007, 08:49 PM)
Not brother, is sisters!

See here you know CLICK

Look at the shape of the balls sats laugh.gif
shape of the balls sats is very nice man... =P
brows.gif brows.gif brows.gif brows.gif
PcWork
post Apr 6 2007, 12:12 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

QUOTE(Edifier @ Apr 6 2007, 11:01 AM)
Besaid, he is a nice guy and also a very hardworking people. I know him quite some time already. Who know 1 day he will be my collagues. haha just kidding.

Give him time to learn not one born to know everything, right?  notworthy.gif
but the problems is, he don't bother to learn. and from the way he reply our post over his SG thread. he is keep arguing. not a proper manner to learn.
if we don't give him a chance we might as well shut up from the SG thread, and make compro the only person hype about his SG product.
i mean, different user will always have different opinion, those you can make it, try to make it, else don't bother to argue.
from my truly serious suggestion about the LCD and speaker grill. i suggest SG to concentrate in sound quality, yet compro keep arguing about the child education, as adult and yada yada, the LCD got a lot of entry ppl love it. and say the price is so cheap and it's target at entry level. and yet now end up for endless flame in the SG thread about grill.
then what the point i suggest then? if you want to success u think u can only target at entry level people? if you did that, you only make your brand a CHEAPO brand.
honest speaking, i truly appreciate edifier brand on their hardwork to make good sounding speaker. from their product, we can see it. though i have some better speaker, but i feel edifier is improving.

This post has been edited by PcWork: Apr 6 2007, 12:12 PM
PcWork
post Apr 6 2007, 01:41 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

QUOTE(kobe8byrant @ Apr 6 2007, 01:28 PM)
guys i just got a E3100 but got one prb...my right speaker no sound wan, why liddat?>

i use Ray: The Greatest Hits to check but no stereo, can anyone help me find out?

sub got sound
left speaker got sound but right..kosong
i think got two reason.
1 . check ur connection and window setting. check any of ur wire didn't plug firmly.
2. ur speaker is defect.
easy things to test is.
unplug the speaker from sound card. then use your hand to touch the first and second terminal.
remember to turn on the speaker and on the volume to roughly 40%

first terminal is LEFT
second terminal is right
so when u touch, the speaker got ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ sound. means it's working fine. then check ur window setting or sound card setting.
check the picture below.
haha sorry for crappy picture.
if when you touch RIGHT terminal, the speaker no sound, check your speaker connection. if all is firm and correctly plug in. then maybe u have to bring it back to edifier show room to let them have a check.

This post has been edited by PcWork: Apr 6 2007, 01:43 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
PcWork
post Apr 6 2007, 08:06 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

QUOTE(kobe8byrant @ Apr 6 2007, 06:58 PM)
sory guys..

when i turn on la..the sub got boom sound..
but right speaker still no sound..i switch the (positive/negative) cable at the speaker, still tarak..change left speaker to right speaker and vice versa, that speaker still not working
when you change the left speaker to right channel.
the original left speaker still got sound?
or any speaker that u connect to right channel will not produce any sound.
or you mean the same speaker will always has no sound when ever u put it to right channel or left channel.

PcWork
post Apr 6 2007, 08:25 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

so it's one of the satelite speaker spoil loh
the original right speaker rosak liao?
do check the cable see got anythings wrong or not, and shake the satelite see got sound or not.

PcWork
post Apr 7 2007, 08:01 AM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

Mr. Edifier,
mp220 still got stock?
how much ah?
mp210 leh? how much now?

PcWork
post Apr 9 2007, 08:47 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

aiyo. the second picture, the speaker looks good man...

PcWork
post May 23 2007, 04:40 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

Mr. Edifier
i back to KL liao. when wanna treat me kopi-o
though i never drink coffee. .perhaps milo peng good enough
hahaha
by the way
can anyone pls confirm that MP221 sounds better than MP220? or at least sounds the same , sound same loud.

PcWork
post May 28 2007, 12:46 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

QUOTE(Edifier @ May 26 2007, 12:05 AM)
We have very close relationship with all our the dealer. smile.gif

Spot the Speakers Contest[SIZE=7]

Spot all the speaker models and win your self a Edifier e3300, and  Edifier MP221
Contest
drool.gif drool.gif
i want MP221
ehehehe
eh Mr. Edifier,
u normally at wat place one ah.
i go edifier show room cannot find u one leh.
haha
find u yam cha.
u belanja me ice lemon tea.
hehehe

PcWork
post May 30 2007, 03:24 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

OMG.. buy this speaker setup. can even save money no need buy computer chair.....

and u can tell ur friend "see? my computer even got force feedback on chair, i can feel the groove when godzilla is in town"
hahaha
edifier... i wanna test MP221 VS MP220 VS MP210 eh...
=P

PcWork
post May 30 2007, 03:54 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

looks like irriver HDD base MP3.
hahaha

PcWork
post Jul 21 2007, 09:01 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

oh ya besaid...
do i win a MP210??? or MP220?
ahaha
who was the winner h?
PcWork
post Sep 13 2007, 11:01 AM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

wow third picture and 4th picture is nice..

PcWork
post Apr 22 2008, 01:39 AM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

QUOTE(kapitan @ Apr 21 2008, 12:08 PM)
How many people willing to pay over RM1k for Edifier speaker anyway.. Just like the case with S2000, Edifier doesnt sells a lot of them, mayb 3-4sets in whole Malaysia which is sad.
dude. much more than 3-4 set lah
around my friend already has more than 3 set.
hahaha
a lot get it when got promotion. RM 999 for S2000

QUOTE(KennyL5 @ Apr 22 2008, 12:08 AM)
Not really limited if you asked me...
But the way Edifier promote themselves in the first place makes it hard for ppl to buy their high end product unless they really tested it in the first place. IMO Edifier should sent a few set of their high end speaker to highly reknowed reviewers to give end user better impression. Edifier has long been know as making affordable good speaker instead of high end speaker which is why ppl remain skeptic about their build quality and reliability.
actually that speaker get into really weired situation. like RM 1K for S2000. u could also get a wharfadale / amp second hand with price around that.
that's why people prefer go for second hand. and when it come to comparison,. that edifier can't fight on the proper hifi brand.
=)
perhaps they needs more time.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0912sec    0.48    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:52 PM