631 Pages « < 50 51 52 53 54 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

spikey2506
post Sep 14 2015, 08:48 PM

Professional Bum
1,819 posts

Those with Pana aircon with Nanoe G function, how do you know it is working properly actually? Before this I've noticed some faint spark at the tip of the Nanoe G unit inside the aircon when all lights are switched off. But lately I dont see it anymore. I am worried that the Nanoe g unit is kaput already
vyruzj
post Sep 14 2015, 09:48 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

Hi All,

Need some expert advice. The following is a floor plan of my ground floor. There is an A/C points provided by developer (red box). The living area and dining area are joined together (no walls between - line in green) The living area size is 22 x 14, the dining area is also the same size but with a staircase & store room in the area.

By calculation the living area is 308 square feet. Based on the link provided earlier:

https://papamy.panasonic.com.my/papamy/faq.html

I should be using looking A/C with 10000 BTU/h capacity. And since there is no wall between the living and dining area can a 1.5HP enough? Will i feel cold or just chilly? Or should i get a 2HP A/C instead? A 2HP A/C cost much more than a 1.5HP sad.gif
cherroy
post Sep 14 2015, 09:57 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(vyruzj @ Sep 14 2015, 09:48 PM)
Hi All,

Need some expert advice. The following is a floor plan of my ground floor. There is an A/C points provided by developer (red box). The living area and dining area are joined together (no walls between - line in green) The living area size is 22 x 14, the dining area is also the same size but with a staircase & store room in the area.

By calculation the living area is 308 square feet. Based on the link provided earlier:

I should be using looking A/C with 10000 BTU/h capacity. And since there is no wall between the living and dining area can a 1.5HP enough? Will i feel cold or just chilly? Or should i get a 2HP A/C instead? A 2HP A/C cost much more than a 1.5HP sad.gif
You need at least 2 HP to feel "cold", or else just chilly and not hot only.

The air-cond compressor will be running non-stop in this circumstances.

SUSkimsim
post Sep 14 2015, 10:01 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Hi All,

If you wanna coolest, try for Daikin inveter 2hp you might not be regret at all, cause I got customer house same with the size, they install Daikin 2hp inverter can be feel that cold until kitchen area.

This post has been edited by kimsim: Sep 14 2015, 10:02 PM
anonymurss
post Sep 15 2015, 07:20 AM

7 posts

got quoted rm2150 for a daikin inverter 1.5hp include installation. reasonable?

SUSkimsim
post Sep 15 2015, 07:32 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(anonymurss @ Sep 15 2015, 07:20 AM)
got quoted rm2150 for a daikin inverter 1.5hp include installation. reasonable?
In M'sia price was too wide already, you should compare between few shops, at least you know the gap.
vyruzj
post Sep 15 2015, 08:53 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Sep 14 2015, 09:57 PM)
You need at least 2 HP to feel "cold", or else just chilly and not hot only.

The air-cond compressor will be running non-stop in this circumstances.
Hi Cherroy,

Thanks for the info. The air-cond compressor will be running non-stop for 1.5 or 2 HP? In this case, normal non-inverter will be more suitable? I foresee living area using air-cond will be mostly on weekend maybe 4 hours per day. Normal working days only evening & nite using living area and maybe 2 hours air-cond depend if hot or not...
vyruzj
post Sep 15 2015, 08:55 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Sep 14 2015, 10:01 PM)
If you wanna coolest, try for Daikin inveter 2hp you might not be regret at all, cause I got customer house same with the size, they install Daikin 2hp inverter can be feel that cold until kitchen area.
Daikin air-cond has long reach blower? Inverter or non-inverter model? Price wise i see Daikin cheaper among Pana & ME/MHI but the indoor unit and remote very retro look tongue.gif
SUSkimsim
post Sep 15 2015, 08:57 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(vyruzj @ Sep 15 2015, 08:55 AM)
Daikin air-cond has long reach blower? Inverter or non-inverter model? Price wise i see Daikin cheaper among Pana & ME/MHI but the indoor unit and remote very retro look tongue.gif
Just depend ur budget loh, if wanna last n durable should go for Daikin inverter or non inverter R410A model, you won't disappointed in future of replace new R410a unit again.
cherroy
post Sep 15 2015, 09:07 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(vyruzj @ Sep 15 2015, 08:53 AM)
Hi Cherroy,

Thanks for the info. The air-cond compressor will be running non-stop for 1.5 or 2 HP? In this case, normal non-inverter will be more suitable? I foresee living area using air-cond will be mostly on weekend maybe 4 hours per day. Normal working days only evening & nite using living area and maybe 2 hours air-cond depend if hot or not...
With your room/space condition that cool air will keep on escaping one, inverter saving won't be too obvious, as you may always need full blast from the air-cond, even for 2HP.

But still it is up to individual choice, both inverter and non-inverter have its own pro and con.

This post has been edited by cherroy: Sep 15 2015, 09:08 AM
vyruzj
post Sep 15 2015, 09:49 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Sep 15 2015, 09:07 AM)
With your room/space condition that cool air will keep on escaping one, inverter saving won't be too obvious, as you may always need full blast from the air-cond, even for 2HP.

But still it is up to individual choice, both inverter and non-inverter have its own pro and con.
Hmmm, maybe will add in one more air-cond in Dining area. Another 1.5HP air-cond. Then the living area will also get 1.5 HP air-cond. Both will be non-inverter. Will this be a good idea?

[attachmentid=4948913]
cherroy
post Sep 15 2015, 10:28 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(vyruzj @ Sep 15 2015, 09:49 AM)
Hmmm, maybe will add in one more air-cond in Dining area. Another 1.5HP air-cond. Then the living area will also get 1.5 HP air-cond. Both will be non-inverter. Will this be a good idea?

[attachmentid=4948913]
Better than previous.

2 x 1.5HP is better than 1 x 2 HP in this situation. You can switch off one when one of area is not being used time.

If I were you, I would partition the living and dining area with a sliding door or whatever method, so that cool air won't escape to dining area when only using living area time.

SUSsupersound
post Sep 15 2015, 11:02 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

Hi All,

Attached Image
A morning troll on my monthly TNB bill for 1.5HP non inverter(4 hours max, 20 days) and 2HP also non inverter(1-2 hours, 22 days) which all inverter fanboys won't dare to share out on their monthly bills, rather than keep on boasting out how superior their inverter are.
The air cond in your living hall shall be as near to your sofa(or place that you sit most of the time), don't expect to cool the whole hall like your room with just 2-3 hours. It won't able to as the surface area too big.
Also, if you install it on the red box, the cool air won't able to reach your dining hall. So the best place is install on the front wall, then it can blow till dining. Also it can reduce the piping length which will improve the efficiency.
With your usage, just get the non inverter will do, no need to waste money on inverter unless your usage is > 4 hours.
calvin_ng
post Sep 15 2015, 11:23 AM

TeamCity | HCC | Insighters
1,576 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Sep 15 2015, 11:02 AM)
Attached Image
A morning troll on my monthly TNB bill for 1.5HP non inverter(4 hours max, 20 days) and 2HP also non inverter(1-2 hours, 22 days) which all inverter fanboys won't dare to share out on their monthly bills, rather than keep on boasting out how superior their inverter are.
The air cond in your living hall shall be as near to your sofa(or place that you sit most of the time), don't expect to cool the whole hall like your room with just 2-3 hours. It won't able to as the surface area too big.
Also, if you install it on the red box, the cool air won't able to reach your dining hall. So the best place is install on the front wall, then it can blow till dining. Also it can reduce the piping length which will improve the efficiency.
With your usage, just get the non inverter will do, no need to waste money on inverter unless your usage is > 4 hours.
Depend...

Mine apartment

Previously : 1x 1.5hp Pana non Inverter (Rarely use), 1x 1hp Pana non inverter (8hr daily) and 3 Mitsu non inverter (rarely use) : Monthly electricity bill Hover around RM230 to RM250

Now : All the same except my 1hp Pana non inverter has been replace with 1hp Pana Inverter i-AutoX Deluxe : Monthly electricity hover around RM140 to RM160

I save Rm100 per month which based on my calculation will breakeven my AC cost in 7-8 mth... rest is bonus

Inverter technology do save electricity BUT if you use it correctly

My living room 1.5AC rarely use unless it is very HOT then will switch it on to cool the home down but then per month the living room AC rarely clock 10hr

For the Bed room I choose Inverter cause it uses 8hr or more a day so there is cost savings

For the other bed room and study room also rarely use unless there is guess so dont bother with inverter

Unless you plan to switch the whole house Aircond 10hr a day then INVERTER

This post has been edited by calvin_ng: Sep 15 2015, 11:28 AM
SUSsupersound
post Sep 15 2015, 11:31 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(calvin_ng @ Sep 15 2015, 11:23 AM)
Depend...

Mine apartment

Previously : 1x 1.5hp Pana non Inverter (Rarely use), 1x 1hp Pana non inverter (8hr daily) and 3 Mitsu non inverter (rarely use) : Monthly electricity bill Hover around RM230 to RM250

Now : All the same except my 1hp Pana non inverter has been replace with 1hp Pana Inverter i-AutoX Deluxe : Monthly electricity hover around RM140 to RM160

I save Rm100 per month which based on my calculation will breakeven my AC cost in 7-8 mth... rest is bonus

Inverter technology do save electricity BUT if you use it correctly

My living room 1.5AC rarely use unless it is very HOT then will switch it on to cool the home down but then per month the living room AC rarely clock 10hr

For the Bed room I choose Inverter cause it uses 8hr or more a day so there is cost savings

For the other bed room and study room also rarely use unless there is guess so dont bother with inverter
As said, the duration of usage matters. If < 4 hours of usage or the air cond does not cut off(non inverter) or ramp down(inverter), both of them are the same in terms of power consumption.
If you do spend more time on doing research on this, you will know inverter are not that superior, if it does not goes to the ramp down process and short duration usage.
vyruzj
post Sep 15 2015, 11:34 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Sep 15 2015, 11:02 AM)
Attached Image
The air-cond point in the living hall is provided by developer and the outdoor unit is to be installed on the roof area. Will be difficult to change it... so i have to lived with it sad.gif

Ur 1.5HP install which room? How large is the room? likewise how large is the room with 2HP air-cond?
Normally we need to over spec the air-cond abit rite? How many percent do we normally overspec by 10% or 20%? e.g. 300 square feet = 10000BTU, if overspec by 20% then need look for air-cond with 12000BTU??

Sorry many questions... really noob here sad.gif

This post has been edited by vyruzj: Sep 15 2015, 11:35 AM
SUSsupersound
post Sep 15 2015, 11:41 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(vyruzj @ Sep 15 2015, 11:34 AM)
The air-cond point in the living hall is provided by developer and the outdoor unit is to be installed on the roof area. Will be difficult to change it... so i have to lived with it sad.gif

Ur 1.5HP install which room? How large is the room? likewise how large is the room with 2HP air-cond?
Normally we need to over spec the air-cond abit rite? How many percent do we normally overspec by 10% or 20%? e.g. 300 square feet = 10000BTU, if overspec by 20% then need look for air-cond with 12000BTU??

Sorry many questions... really noob here sad.gif
My master bedroom, measurement about 22*12ft, with all the corners, should be about 220sqft.
Living hall about 22*20, effective size is 350-380sqft.
My living hall should be using 2.5HP but the price difference are almost rm600, so I opt for 2HP.
As said, it is near to my seating place, so 2HP are more than enough, I only need a cool sofa area, not the whole hall.
aeiou228
post Sep 15 2015, 02:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,829 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Sep 6 2015, 11:51 AM)
Here is the filter condition. 3.5month didn't takeout for clean. Lazy mode + busy schedule.

user posted image

Closeup on the coil after takeout the dirty filter.

user posted image

After detergent wash the filter and vacuum the coil.

user posted image

So do I need to pay extra for an additional filter every month?

Just saw this post. Good read.

QUOTE(andrew9292 @ Mar 17 2015, 11:16 PM)
If it's RM29 + can only use for maximum of 2 months + single 30x60cm sheet ...
RM29 X (12/2) months = RM174/year (6 packs needed)

Full service for non-inverter R22 units are about that price?
Unless you plan to re-wash that piece for a year / planning to use this for years & skip service for years (except gas top-up) then, it could be economical.

If intention is to keep some dust out of the A/C, use those available at Daiso for RM5... (40x80cm x 2pcs).
Since it's 2pcs, you only need 3 packs which is RM15 a year.
Of course, if you just want the best filtration, 3M is for you...

My advice:
Only problem with these filters, 3M or not, they are a blockage to the airflow, it's the same as having a small layer of dust on the filter itself.

My non-inverter Daikin unit has a longer compressor ON cycle with the filters (15-18minutes ON / 17-20min OFF)
Without filter its 7-10min ON / 15min-20min OFF. It may affect your electricity bill. Yes. I painstakingly measured it over a few nights.

My unit is oversized for my room, i have about 3000 to 4000BTU of extra capacity. So, i had short cycle problems.
Compressors need about 10mins to get to maximum efficiency, plus they shouldn't cycle on/off too often, it wears down the compressor & it pulls a lot of current each time it starts. Also, 7-10mins is too short for it to remove humidity (you still sweat when working out with the a/c on). Hence applying the filter benefited me as the recommended ON cycle is just about that. It worked out perfectly for me.

But, if your unit is already at it's optimum cycle (about 20min ON), putting the filter may give you something like 30-40min ON. This may raise your bill. For inverters that will have no on/off cycles, the reduced airflow may cause the system to run in a higher power setting for the compressor & fan. Put that into consideration ya... as this means that eventhough you may skip full cleaning on the indoor coil or entire unit for a year or 2, the cost of the filter + your electricity bill may outweigh the benefit altogether.

Manufacturers aren't dumb, they spend a lot on R&D & there is a reason why the OEM filters are thin & not dense. They give you best airflow, best air-throw, best cooling, in the optimum operating time, with the best energy consumption (if you follow proper BTU/sq.ft sizing guidelines), with lesser noise too. In less diplomatic words, they would rather have you service their air cond at proper intervals, than you complain of cooling, energy, noise issues.

Everyone's application will be different, test it, if it does nothing serious to your wallet, or if it helps your wallet go ahead & use them. If it does the opposite (it may!!), simply cleaning & servicing regularly will be more cost effective and healthy for the a/c. If cost isnt a concern, just plaster them on and dont bother...
ozak
post Sep 15 2015, 02:39 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,545 posts

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Sep 15 2015, 02:13 PM)
Just saw this post. Good read.
Actually I long understand about this. biggrin.gif

I just show them the picture how does it look even 3.5mth I didn't clean the filter and aircon. I don't need to clean it everymonth.

My solution is to seal up the room properly. It give double benefit as

1) less dust into the room and to the filter.
2) save the bill as no cold air is leak out from the room.

The theory is as simple as air pressure different between outside and inside the room that cause the dust suck in from outside.

So putting the extra filter doesn't really solve the problem. Your room still full of dust.

cinbao
post Sep 15 2015, 07:18 PM

Casual
380 posts

Yesterday install 2HP Inverter A/C to Master Room 22 x 11 sf , room do not have proper insulation, and the wall might absorb the temperature as well, overall satisfy after I am still worry about choosing overkill specification, set the a/c control automatic, and the room able to reach coolness around 10 minutes. rclxms.gif

631 Pages « < 50 51 52 53 54 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0153sec    0.13    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:24 PM