What to do in an accident in Malaysia, Everything about m/vehicle insurance

views

teutonic
post Sep 26 2019, 12:17 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(loui @ Sep 25 2019, 12:58 AM)
Police will still give keputusan case if you put enough pressure on them

Some insurance company will allow you to go for no fault liability claim (NCD) if you manage to produce the keputusan case even is without the other side lodging police report

My suggestion is to submit your documents to insurance company and talk to the handler to seek their advise
On my second case in September, Sarjan give me the same answer as my previous July case, where they do not give keputusan without the other driver's report.
Since both Sarjans are telling the same protocol, I am wondering if
i. This is the correct procedures for them to follow, or
ii. I am simply not giving the Sarjans enough pressure, like you have mentioned.

I do not know what else pressure I can give, except texting them in WhatsApp, what are the channels, like to lodge a complaint against the Sarjan?
Even so, if the Sarjan produce a keputusan that says no fault is mentioned because the other driver did not make a police report. Do I still submit this claim to insurance company. If yes, how can I know which insurance company the other driver is using?

I have heard that we can submit keputusan police to JPJ office to ask for the driver's insurance company. But still, if the keputusan did not mention any party's fault, would JPJ still reveal the driver's insurance company?
ciohbu
post Sep 26 2019, 05:40 PM

Group: Senior Member
2,104 posts

i guess its always easy work for Sarjan to just wash hand or just say both also at fault.. and claim own insurance.

anyone know if we are not satisfied with Sarjan's keputusan... where can we complain or escalate ?

thanks

This post has been edited by ciohbu: Sep 26 2019, 05:41 PM
Tokik Siwok
post Sep 29 2019, 10:02 AM

Getting Started
282 posts

1. Got into accident yesterday morning, my fault. Police report done but since I asked for discount the Sargeant said he kautim at Bukit Aman need to wait around 1 week to get the report.

2. While on the way to report for Accident 1, someone bang my car and she paid me. This one no report.

3. Now my question is, can I claim both under insurance since I will lose my NCD anyway.

4. Can I send my car to the panel mechanic before I get my police report for Accident 1?
arza04
post Oct 7 2019, 09:44 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

Hi everyone

Im using honda so my first year insurance is under HIP Zurich

Soon i need to renew my insurance and i prefer to buy AXA insurance, but I cannot see any honda body & paint service centre in their preferred / panel workshop.

Axa preferred workshop
Axa Panel Workshop

That means if get into accident i cannot repair at authorized honda centre? I want to maintain my warranty with them so this is important

Unlike Berjaya Sompo, they clearly listed honda body & paint workshop is their panel
Berjaya Sompo Honda Workshop
None of the official honda workshop is listed in Axa panel list

icon_question.gif

culain99
post Oct 8 2019, 09:50 AM

-----
733 posts

QUOTE(arza04 @ Oct 7 2019, 09:44 PM)
Hi everyone

Soon i need to renew my insurance and i prefer to buy AXA insurance, but I cannot see any honda body & paint service centre in their preferred / panel workshop.

Axa preferred workshop
Axa Panel Workshop

That means if get into accident i cannot repair at authorized honda centre? I want to maintain my warranty with them so this is important

Unlike Berjaya Sompo, they clearly listed honda body & paint workshop is their panel

icon_question.gif
If car is new and you want to repair at authorized, walk into authorized repair center and ask them which is best/fastest approval. Some take looong approval time. Some authorized repair center, 1st question they ask when you send car in is what insurance? And then say this one will take xx weeks to approve and lots issues
arza04
post Oct 8 2019, 09:56 AM

Getting Started
294 posts

QUOTE(culain99 @ Oct 8 2019, 09:50 AM)
If car is new and you want to repair at authorized, walk into authorized repair center and ask them which is best/fastest approval. Some take looong approval time. Some authorized repair center, 1st question they ask when you send car in is what insurance? And then say this one will take xx weeks to approve and lots issues
Good idea! I better ask straight from the authorized repair centre

Thanks man
jasontantenghuat
post Oct 8 2019, 09:57 AM

Casual
337 posts

Hi everyone

Axa preferred workshop
Axa Panel Workshop

icon_question.gif
I think if you renew it at the Honda centre (means take HIP), by right should have.
arza04
post Oct 8 2019, 10:02 AM

Getting Started
294 posts

QUOTE(jasontantenghuat @ Oct 8 2019, 09:57 AM)
I think if you renew it at the Honda centre (means take HIP), by right should have.
Hip so expensive....coz i also want to insure against flood, natural disaster, riots, windscreen etc

The basic without any addon is cheap, but when include all the add on HIP become few hundreds more expensive compare renewing myself online
TSloui
post Oct 8 2019, 09:00 PM

On my way
687 posts

There are three type of workshop

I will only list down the benefits on it

1. Panel workshop - faster repair time + complaint matters as workshop is afraid that they get Kick out if received too many complaint or fixed too slow

2. Franchise workshop (Honda, peroduo, proton... Center) - 100% original parts

3. Other workshop - NA
keyrain4
post Oct 10 2019, 07:45 AM

8 posts

Best info so far

ciohbu
post Oct 14 2019, 02:16 PM

Group: Senior Member
2,104 posts

Hi everyone

Axa preferred workshop
Axa Panel Workshop

icon_question.gif
dont forget there's such thing called betterment charges (extra from your own pocket if anything), up to 40% for 10 years old car

normal insurance i think cover til 5 years only.. then they will ask you to go panel workshop... HIP cover 10 years
Age of your vehicle Rate applied (%)
< 5 years old 0
5 15
6 20
7 25
8 30
9 35
10 and above 40
This post has been edited by ciohbu: Oct 14 2019, 02:17 PM
arza04
post Oct 14 2019, 02:51 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

QUOTE(ciohbu @ Oct 14 2019, 02:16 PM)
dont forget there's such thing called betterment charges (extra from your own pocket if anything), up to 40% for 10 years old car

normal insurance i think cover til 5 years only.. then they will ask you to go panel workshop... HIP cover 10 years
Now most insurance offer add on “waiver of betterment”, still cheaper than hip haha

But my car still new, i think before 5 years sell already haha
UnknownH
post Oct 24 2019, 08:34 PM

Enthusiast
1,437 posts

Wrong thread. Deleted.

This post has been edited by UnknownH: Oct 24 2019, 08:39 PM
Ginta0516
post Nov 20 2019, 09:21 AM

Getting Started
57 posts

Not sure should I ask this here, but here it goes. My wife involved in car accident last Wed. She rear ended a Honda CRV probably due to tire 'botak'. Nobody injured and both parties decided to settle privately without police report. We assigned a workshop to repair cars of both parties. Forward to yesterday, CRV done repairing but the owner said they are not satisfied with the repair and demand to go Honda service center for more 'throughout' repair.
What should we do in this case? Let them go Honda service center and we absorb the repair cost?
saigetsu
post Nov 20 2019, 05:09 PM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(Ginta0516 @ Nov 20 2019, 09:21 AM)
Not sure should I ask this here, but here it goes. My wife involved in car accident last Wed. She rear ended a Honda CRV probably due to tire 'botak'. Nobody injured and both parties decided to settle privately without police report. We assigned a workshop to repair cars of both parties. Forward to yesterday, CRV done repairing but the owner said they are not satisfied with the repair and demand to go Honda service center for more 'throughout' repair.
What should we do in this case? Let them go Honda service center and we absorb the repair cost?
fight lor. even if he make police report, to claim your insurance, he cant edi coz he didnt make police report immediately after the accident. police may advice him to settle outside.

ahwai
post Nov 22 2019, 09:57 AM

Casual
445 posts

QUOTE(Ginta0516 @ Nov 20 2019, 09:21 AM)
You should go file polis report and claim insurance. Whatever settlement you made, i don't think you can get back your money. Then the other car can go to the workshop of their choice to make the repairs claim insurance also.
ahwai
post Nov 22 2019, 09:58 AM

Casual
445 posts

Hi everyone

Axa preferred workshop
Axa Panel Workshop

icon_question.gif
MSIG HIP also can claim Honda SC
CCTV Malaysia P
post Dec 8 2019, 11:39 AM

Probation
4 posts

Good info. Thanks for sharing!
chemnz
post Dec 9 2019, 10:22 AM

Getting Started
180 posts

Mod pls pin
Very useful

Next time eksiden got reason to open k
tintest P
post Dec 22 2019, 01:39 PM

Probation
1 posts

i met with car accident due to hitted by motor cycle, insurance claim done and now lawyer and msig people are calling their is summon to attend to court but we have not received any mail communications. What should i do.

37 Pages « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0140sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:14 PM