Probation
5 posts

Useful, thank you 👍
mushigen
post Apr 20 2019, 03:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

QUOTE(loui @ Feb 12 2019, 09:24 PM)
Pretty sure workshop already submit the damage photo from the first accident to insurance company

If insurance company found out, they will treat it as fraudulent claim. The consequences is that, insurance company will blacklist your IC and refuse all the claims

You still need to lodge police report to claim from the 2nd car
In this case, what happens to the arrangement with the first workshop to fix his bumper, since he kena hit again before fixing the bumper damaged in the first accident?
Will the insurance company from 2nd car dispute the quantum claimed since the bumper was already damaged in first accident?
TSloui
post Apr 20 2019, 07:47 PM

On my way
686 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Apr 20 2019, 03:03 PM)
In this case, what happens to the arrangement with the first workshop to fix his bumper, since he kena hit again before fixing the bumper damaged in the first accident?
Will the insurance company from 2nd car dispute the quantum claimed since the bumper was already damaged in first accident?
Just submit and be honest on two accidents

Keep the proof that you have notify them

mushigen
post Apr 20 2019, 08:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

QUOTE(loui @ Apr 20 2019, 07:47 PM)
Just submit and be honest on two accidents

Keep the proof that you have notify them
Thanks for the answer. Another thing, what kind of proof of notification should we keep? Emails?
TSloui
post Apr 21 2019, 01:45 AM

On my way
686 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Apr 20 2019, 08:33 PM)
Thanks for the answer. Another thing, what kind of proof of notification should we keep? Emails?
Email or postal is sufficient
mushigen
post Apr 22 2019, 01:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

QUOTE(loui @ Apr 21 2019, 01:45 AM)
Email or postal is sufficient
Thank you once again. Much appreciated.
Nog_1985
post May 2 2019, 02:49 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

Just met with an accident on Sunday, make a police report and the Sarjan said can proceed to claim insurance from the other party.

Need advised, can i just go to any car work shop to for repair? They will assist with the claim from the other party right?

Can I claim loss of use from the other party?
TSloui
post May 2 2019, 09:22 PM

On my way
686 posts

QUOTE(Nog_1985 @ May 2 2019, 02:49 PM)
Just met with an accident on Sunday, make a police report and the Sarjan said can proceed to claim insurance from the other party.

Need advised, can i just go to any car work shop to for repair? They will assist with the claim from the other party right?

Can I claim loss of use from the other party?
If both vehicles are comprehensive policy, send to your own panel workshop and ask to fix under OD KFK. Workshop will settle for you

If not, look on my earlier post on how to do TPPD claim

Loss of use need to submit yourself to the insurer of another vehicle

i am yijie P
post May 31 2019, 01:37 AM

Probation
9 posts

https://www.kuekong.com/claim-for-third-party-insurance/
You can view the articles for further information
jack~daniel
post Jun 10 2019, 02:11 PM

Enthusiast
833 posts

MY car was knocked from behind and currently under repair. The police has concluded I'm not at fault. How to initiate Compensation for Assessed Repair time against the other party insurance?, their car is insured by pacific orient insurance malaysia.
TSloui
post Jun 10 2019, 10:44 PM

On my way
686 posts

QUOTE(jack~daniel @ Jun 10 2019, 02:11 PM)
MY car was knocked from behind and currently under repair. The police has concluded I'm not at fault. How to initiate Compensation for Assessed Repair time against the other party insurance?, their car is insured by pacific orient insurance malaysia.
Ask your workshop to help

Tell them you want to do loss of use claim against the other car insurer

Most likely they will have a standard format letter together with document you need to submit

FYI only the owner of the car can initiate loss of use claim
Garyu87
post Jun 13 2019, 10:02 PM

9 posts

Hi Guys,

I want to ask some advise on my case with a motorbike(1st timer accident with motorbike)

My Car: Honda City - 4 years old, with NCD and comprehensive insurance, damaged front right bumper(open mouth at the side and with holes) and front fender side dented.
Motorbike: Honda Wave: Didn't fall down and no injury, no damaged fabric, motorbike steel beside sprocket dented in and stand might be damaged.

Story (Shorten):
Two weeks ago, when I entered the toll and going to exit into the highway lane at the right, then a sudden collision(went into the lane around 80% and moving at 60kmph) with the motorbike where he collided with my front right-sided bumper. The motorbike didn't fall and then we stopped at the emergency lane to settle the accident(no injury nor damaged cloth) and I was sincerely apologizing as I thought, most likely is my fault and I might no see him from a blind spot. Paid him RM 200 to settle when he asked for RM 150 only(In between I was threatened and intimidated as from the start he wanted money only). Unlucky that my dashcam spoil and really dont know the real situation and what really happened.

In that very morning, I sent my car over to a workshop to replace my bumper with an old bumper that was damaged from a previous accident (Can still mount back with screws with some scraped paint) for RM 120. After lunch that guy called and demanded another RM 250 and continue his threatening and intimidation to report police and sympathy talk(threatening) plus he whatsapp me his CIMB account number to bank in. I went to my usual motorbike workshop and called the guy to verify which part was damaged and my foreman told me, the max is RM150 as he claim his repair was RM 280 that is much more than my own car. For the whole afternoon he kept on calling me with his usual drama until my friend and boss advised me to make a police report and I did. After report, the Sergeant asked me to drive over to Plaza Toll Putera Makota to see him and explain my situation. In the end, my fault and Sergeant ask me sign that I admit my fault but the weird part is my fault was written "lost control" (Over relied on Sergeant and need to pay RM 300 saman). Sergeant did call the guy and he wasn't happy and then called and scolded me, in front of the Sergeant(loudspeaker and he laughed after that). On that very night, he made a police report but I dont know what he reported. Last week, I whatsapp the Sergeant and he told me a vague answer that guy got report minor injury but calim or not dont know. He said, if claim also he need to do it on that day he report. Total money damage RM 620.

Sorry for the long lame story reading.

So here what I need to know and advise appreciated from you all:
1. Should I wait for 1 month until my insurance status being updated in order to decide whether to claim for my own car damage fix? Either way, my NCD also gone,right? So why not claim for my own car damage for a perfect job.
2. If he doesn't claim, how long will the insurance company hold my NCD or it's better to just claim it?

45% NCD will be gone cry.gif
TSloui
post Jun 13 2019, 11:43 PM

On my way
686 posts

QUOTE(Garyu87 @ Jun 13 2019, 10:02 PM)
Hi Guys,

I want to ask some advise on my case with a motorbike(1st timer accident with motorbike)

My Car: Honda City - 4 years old, with NCD and comprehensive insurance, damaged front right bumper(open mouth at the side and with holes) and front fender side dented.
Motorbike: Honda Wave: Didn't fall down and no injury, no damaged fabric, motorbike steel beside sprocket dented in and stand might be damaged.

Story (Shorten):
Two weeks ago, when I entered the toll and going to exit into the highway lane at the right, then a sudden collision(went into the lane around 80% and moving at 60kmph) with the motorbike where he collided with my front right-sided  bumper. The motorbike didn't fall and then we stopped at the emergency lane to settle the accident(no injury nor damaged cloth) and I was sincerely apologizing as I thought, most likely is my fault and I might no see him from a blind spot. Paid him RM 200 to settle when he asked for RM 150 only(In between I was threatened and intimidated as from the start he wanted money only). Unlucky that my dashcam spoil and really dont know the real situation and what really happened.

In that very morning, I sent my car over to a workshop to replace my bumper with an old bumper that was damaged from a previous accident (Can still mount back with screws with some scraped paint) for RM 120. After lunch that guy called and demanded another RM 250 and continue his threatening and intimidation to report police and sympathy talk(threatening) plus he whatsapp me his CIMB account number to bank in. I went to my usual motorbike workshop and called the guy to verify which part was damaged and my foreman told me, the max is RM150 as he claim his repair was RM 280 that is much more than my own car. For the whole afternoon he kept on calling me with his usual drama until my friend and boss advised me to make a police report and I did. After report, the Sergeant asked me to drive over to Plaza Toll Putera Makota to see him and explain my situation. In the end, my fault and Sergeant ask me sign that I admit my fault but the weird part is my fault was written "lost control" (Over relied on Sergeant and need to pay RM 300 saman). Sergeant did call the guy and he wasn't happy and then called and scolded me, in front of the Sergeant(loudspeaker and he laughed after that). On that very night, he made a police report but I dont know what he reported. Last week, I whatsapp the Sergeant and he told me a vague answer that guy got report minor injury but calim or not dont know. He said, if claim also he need to do it on that day he report. Total money damage RM 620.

Sorry for the long lame story reading.

So here what I need to know and advise appreciated from you all:
1. Should I wait for 1 month until my insurance status being updated in order to decide whether to claim for my own car damage fix? Either way, my NCD also gone,right? So why not claim for my own car damage for a perfect job.
2. If he doesn't claim, how long will the insurance company hold my NCD or it's better to just claim it?

45% NCD will be gone  cry.gif
1. How much is the repair. If is below 1k, just fix it yourself without claiming

2. Insurance company will only hold your NCD if the bike initiate a claim. However recently bank negara force insurance company to open a standby file if you knock into a bike. Once the file has been open, your NCD will hilang as well.

So my conclusion is, if the repair bill is below 1k, and you confident that guy is not claiming, just fix yourself
Garyu87
post Jun 14 2019, 12:37 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(loui @ Jun 13 2019, 11:43 PM)
1. How much is the repair. If is below 1k, just fix it yourself without claiming

2. Insurance company will only hold your NCD if the bike initiate a claim. However recently bank negara force insurance company to open a standby file if you knock into a bike. Once the file has been open, your NCD will hilang as well.

So my conclusion is, if the repair bill is below 1k, and you confident that guy is not claiming, just fix yourself
1. I was thinking if that guy didn't initiate then I wont fix it as another additional cost of RM 400

2. That would be bad and that's why I thought of claiming my insurances before my NCD gone

I am not confident with that guy because he did request for more money and then intimidate and threaten me. So now in dilemma whether just proceed to claim my own so that I dont waste my insurance or just wait until I know whether that guy initiate a claim or not then go write letter on why late claim insurance.
TSloui
post Jun 14 2019, 12:46 PM

On my way
686 posts

QUOTE(Garyu87 @ Jun 14 2019, 12:37 AM)
1. I was thinking if that guy didn't initiate then I wont fix it as another additional cost of RM 400

2. That would be bad and that's why I thought of claiming my insurances before my NCD gone

I am not confident with that guy because he did request for more money and then intimidate and threaten me. So now in dilemma whether just proceed to claim my own so that I dont waste my insurance or just wait until I know whether that guy initiate a claim or not then go write letter on why late claim insurance.
Your NCD gone the moment you and other party claim your insurance

It will only affect your premium when you renew your policy

As long as you can't confirm whether the other guys file a claim, I can't advise you further
SUSMeconfuse
post Jun 14 2019, 01:34 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

Whether you want to claim insurance, or not, make sure make a police report.
Take your time, within 24 hours, print our whatever photo at the scene for records.
submit bagi police sama dengan repot
soulz69
post Jun 14 2019, 09:05 PM

:: LoveHate ::
1,651 posts

my officemate told me, his brother got excident between car and motorcycle. the police say, if car bang the motor, motor can claim. if motor bang the car, the car cannot claim the motor insurance. wth. both works the same method right? just the motor insurance is low la. smh.
TSloui
post Jun 14 2019, 10:35 PM

On my way
686 posts

QUOTE(soulz69 @ Jun 14 2019, 09:05 PM)
my officemate told me, his brother got excident between car and motorcycle. the police say, if car bang the motor, motor can claim. if motor bang the car, the car cannot claim the motor insurance. wth. both works the same method right? just the motor insurance is low la. smh.
Police knows nothing

Read the policy wording instead of trusting police
Garyu87
post Jun 15 2019, 02:11 PM

9 posts

Thanks guys for the advice and experience

I plan to go to the police traffic counter on weekdays to ask whether motorbike guy got file a claim or not. If he does then I'll claim my own insurance to fix, if not then I'll leave as it is. Whatsapp the sergeant to ask but he didnt reply....ha ha ha....maybe busy or something.
de_ghost
post Jun 25 2019, 01:14 PM

Casual
417 posts

Hi i am new to motor insurance. this is the 1st time i renew myself.
My car is 1 year Honda currently Under HIP(honda insurance), my next renewal i want to try other insurance. my question is:-
if i take Other insurance e.g AXA and i cannot find Honda service center near my area inside the panel list. can i still go to Honda Service center for repair and claim in i get into accident?

37 Pages « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0157sec    0.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:19 PM