Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cat Lovers V7 ^_^, Fabulous Cats & People

views

leftycall9
post Oct 22 2017, 07:09 PM

Regular
1,035 posts

QUOTE(hutazi @ Oct 22 2017, 01:26 AM)
i dunno. thats what the guy said. if you are lucky, then possible i guess. my friend had a litter of bengal and just give away to people who want to adopt as that litter no one purchase. so maybe some people maybe just dump at spca instead of putting more effort? cause to neuter your purebreed also a bit kesian haha.
oh lucky to those who got the kitten. ^^ Bengal usually can cost up to 5k-8k in the market now,depends on the coat patterns. but I have read that some owners neutered their Scottish Fold and Maine Coone. mainly because they cannot take care of too many kittens.

Last month I found a stray with his right eye injured at our backyard. brought him to the clinic to treat the wound and get dewormed everything,now the fella is safely at home with my friend,who willing to take him in. happy ending. smile.gif
we have no plan to adopt cat right now,already have one here. damn headache sometimes because he's not into socializing much. only mind his own business but when it comes to food,he's the king. doh.gif
gotgiant
post Oct 22 2017, 07:12 PM

Enthusiast
707 posts

QUOTE(leftycall9 @ Oct 22 2017, 07:09 PM)
oh lucky to those who got the kitten. ^^ Bengal usually can cost up to 5k-8k in the market now,depends on the coat patterns. but I have read that some owners neutered their Scottish Fold and Maine Coone. mainly because they cannot take care of too many kittens.

Last month I found a stray with his right eye injured at our backyard. brought him to the clinic to treat the wound and get dewormed everything,now the fella is safely at home with my friend,who willing to take him in. happy ending. smile.gif
we have no plan to adopt cat right now,already have one here. damn headache sometimes because he's not into socializing much. only mind his own business but when it comes to food,he's the king.  doh.gif
how much is the cost for neutered and deworm and vacc for private clinic?
gotgiant
post Oct 22 2017, 07:13 PM

Enthusiast
707 posts

QUOTE(hutazi @ Oct 22 2017, 07:07 PM)
6-7 months.
do spca come to your house check your house condition?
leftycall9
post Oct 22 2017, 07:28 PM

Regular
1,035 posts

QUOTE(gotgiant @ Oct 22 2017, 07:12 PM)
how much is the cost for neutered and deworm and vacc for private clinic?
in Selangor there's subsidy for spaying if i'm not mistaken. try contact PAWS or SPCA
how old is the cat anyway? some vet charge around RM150-RM180 for male cat neutering. but I cannot be sure because it's up to the vet that you visit

for deworm and vaccination,again depends on the clinic in your area. usually can get below RM100 package but try ask around first,see if you can get cheaper price.

hutazi
post Oct 22 2017, 07:30 PM

Casual
496 posts

QUOTE(leftycall9 @ Oct 22 2017, 07:09 PM)

we have no plan to adopt cat right now,already have one here. damn headache sometimes because he's not into socializing much. only mind his own business but when it comes to food,he's the king.  doh.gif
yeah lah. but bengal is damn wild. thats why i didnt take. sure climb the curtains and stuff.

QUOTE(gotgiant @ Oct 22 2017, 07:13 PM)
do spca come to your house check  your house condition?
i think only for dogs.
gotgiant
post Oct 22 2017, 08:26 PM

Enthusiast
707 posts

QUOTE(hutazi @ Oct 22 2017, 07:30 PM)
yeah lah. but bengal is damn wild. thats why i didnt take. sure climb the curtains and stuff.
i think only for dogs.
are you new in adopting cat??

can share some tips?

planning to get cat/kitten from spca or paws maybe end of this month

the fee is including with deworm and neutered?

how you cope with shedding?

how you cope with smelly feces.

you cat totally indoor cat?

will cat will destroy my cloth hanging openly

thank you
ocyrus
post Oct 22 2017, 10:30 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

I have been feeding my kittens the Royal Canin Kitten range, but they will be turning 1 year old soon so I want to change to an adult version of Royal Canin. Which one would you guys recommend? Is Fit 32 good?
hutazi
post Oct 22 2017, 11:08 PM

Casual
496 posts

QUOTE(gotgiant @ Oct 22 2017, 08:26 PM)
are you new in adopting cat??

can share some tips?
planning to get cat/kitten from spca or paws maybe end of this month

the fee is including with deworm and neutered?

how you cope with shedding?

how you cope with smelly feces.

you cat totally indoor cat?

will cat will destroy my cloth hanging openly

thank you
been raising adopted cats since young. normal in our family.

the fee is including with deworm and neutered? yup. neuter, deworm (3x), vaccination (3x)

how you cope with shedding? need to comb. but if short hair still ok. long hair shed a lot.

how you cope with smelly feces. you clean everyday lah. other ways is to buy the enclosed litter tray.

you cat totally indoor cat? yup.

will cat will destroy my cloth hanging openly. nope. just give them other toys.
gotgiant
post Oct 22 2017, 11:47 PM

Enthusiast
707 posts

QUOTE(ocyrus @ Oct 22 2017, 10:30 PM)
I have been feeding my kittens the Royal Canin Kitten range, but they will be turning 1 year old soon so I want to change to an adult version of Royal Canin. Which one would you guys recommend? Is Fit 32 good?
DO WANT TO TRY GO Grain Free Chicken Turkey Duck Recipe

zero grain...
gotgiant
post Oct 22 2017, 11:50 PM

Enthusiast
707 posts

QUOTE(hutazi @ Oct 22 2017, 11:08 PM)
been raising adopted cats since young. normal in our family.

the fee is including with deworm and neutered? yup. neuter, deworm (3x), vaccination (3x)

how you cope with shedding? need to comb. but if short hair still ok. long hair shed a lot.

how you cope with smelly feces. you clean everyday lah. other ways is to buy the enclosed litter tray.

you cat totally indoor cat? yup.

will cat will destroy my cloth hanging openly. nope. just give them other toys.
woah that is cheap...

do you have tips when to vacc my kitty
basilisk
post Oct 23 2017, 12:03 PM

30 posts

if you have not smelled cat pee and poo and smell of litter with poo n pee, i do

recommend you visit a friend with cat, or go to a boarding cat place to experience it first

hand. Only if u have never had any furry pets before, like hamster, rabbit, etc, that

have smelly pee and poo. Fish birds, tht still ok, now cat... not everyone can tahan.. so... biggrin.gif

or better still visit spca, tell them you wana try clean a cat litter tray... cos you r thinking of adopting,

but havent experience jaga cat before.. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by basilisk: Oct 23 2017, 12:10 PM
scsoo
post Oct 23 2017, 02:45 PM

Casual
426 posts

QUOTE(leftycall9 @ Oct 22 2017, 02:04 AM)
Is that really possible to adopt Bengal for only RM250? as far as I know people don't send rare exotic breeds of cats to animal shelters just like that. even for plain looking Persian/British Shorthair/Scottish Fold they usually sold for at least RM500-RM1000 or maybe more
It's all depends on luck as there was indeed an exotic breed cat there in spca during one of my visit. Same also once on a visit to Paws. But they won't tell you unless you saw those cat and specifically enquire on that specific cat. Don't think last very long as they should get adopted super fast.
scsoo
post Oct 23 2017, 03:23 PM

Casual
426 posts

QUOTE(gotgiant @ Oct 22 2017, 11:36 AM)
any tips for 1st time to adopt fully indoor cat in a small flat.
i live alone.
what is the monthly maintenance cost for 1 kitten(cat)

do small kitten need cat tree to scratch?

hutazi
and what is the procedure to adopt cat from spca. can we choose the cat breed?
As said by some here, go visit spca and paws first before adopting, find out if you are indeed a cat person or something else... Don't want after adopting then need to return as find out not a cat person...
My advise, some may disagree with me.. For adoption with spca and paws...
Get yourself a cage... Spca and paws cat are cage trained.. Get those 2 feet wide and as high as you can take in your home... Maybe 2 ft X 2.5ft X 4ft with platform for the cat to perch... Those think around RM200 can get already.
Get 1 water bowl and 1 food bowl. And a litter box that can fit inside the cage... Others stuff can get later on such as toys, sratching tree 2nd litter box and others.. Standby a small bag of litter to see what your cat may like. Here maybe another RM50-100 for bowl litter and litter box.
Buy a cat carrier if you want something special. If not you can get one from spca or paws during the trip to adopt.
A visit to a neighbourhood pet shop will get you all this at less than RM500.
On the day you go adopt, bring a small container.
Go to the shelter and play around and choose the cat that you like.. Don't be greedy, start with 1 and not adopt more. Once decided, then do paperwork... Ask for the shelter to give you food for few days with the container you bring along. Also find out what they are feeding the cat. If you have no carrier can buy from the shelter, if you already have then pack your cat and remember your container of food as well.
Once reach home, put the cat in the cage with a bowl of water and some food you carry back in the container. Don't let it out straight away, let it stay there for 1-2 hours to destress from being taken into a new home. Play with it if you want to but keep it inside the cage until you notice it's look OK. After 1-2 hours then open the cage door BUT don't take the cat out. Let it come out naturally and let it's start to explore it's new home. Take your time. Cat take time to get used to new places up to 1-2 weeks depending on cat.
Cat take time to bond. With a cage the cat know it's have its own space in the house that is all his.
1st step done, then its further shopping time for cat food, wet and dry food, litter, sratching stuff, toys, collar.
Yeah, if possible when adopt ask the shelter to let you keep the collar of the cat you adopt as a stress up cat not easy to take off and put a new collar. Just buy that collar from the shelter. Finally remember to bring cash to the shelter for adoption charges and also whatever they try to sell to you to help you along... Like carrier, food, toys, bowl..
Happy adopting... Hope don't bored you with long write-up.

kuwy86
post Oct 28 2017, 09:56 AM

31 posts

Just adopt this handsome from power station. Beginner of cat owner hahahaha. Just finish take deworming pill and start take vitamin. Vaccine needed after finish 10days of vitamins. Poo poo very smelly haha.

Any online pet shop introduce ya?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
holocauster
post Oct 28 2017, 01:14 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(kuwy86 @ Oct 28 2017, 09:56 AM)
Just adopt this handsome from power station. Beginner of cat owner hahahaha. Just finish take deworming pill and start take vitamin. Vaccine needed after finish 10days of vitamins. Poo poo very smelly haha.

Any online pet shop introduce ya?
Handsome yo.

This is the shop that I've personally bought from:

https://waggymeal.com/
http://www.harvestfishandpet.com/
https://www.petoo.my/ (the website looks messed up right now)
scsoo
post Oct 30 2017, 10:50 AM

Casual
426 posts

QUOTE(kuwy86 @ Oct 28 2017, 10:56 AM)
Just adopt this handsome from power station.
Curious where is power station?
skystrike
post Oct 31 2017, 10:52 AM

back to normal
1,270 posts

i have problem with my cat...she sometimes poop inside litter box & sometimes poop outside litter box on the floor...so far she never pee outside litter box..

how to solve the issue?
hutazi
post Oct 31 2017, 10:59 AM

Casual
496 posts

QUOTE(skystrike @ Oct 31 2017, 10:52 AM)
i have problem with my cat...she sometimes poop inside litter box & sometimes poop outside litter box on the floor...so far she never pee outside litter box..

how to solve the issue?
on purpose? i kena once cause cat standing inside box but crap outside of the box.... tak perasan kot...
Petre
post Oct 31 2017, 11:00 AM

Default Member Title
4,274 posts

hi
may i know
where is the cheapest place to buy cat food, cat shampoo etc in Kuching?
basilisk
post Oct 31 2017, 11:09 AM

30 posts

the ass jutt outside box kot... try bigger box or box wit high walls.. biggrin.gif

137 Pages « < 75 76 77 78 79 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0239sec    0.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:07 PM