137 Pages « < 69 70 71 72 73 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cat Lovers V7 ^_^, Fabulous Cats & People

views

Alert_RaZO
post Aug 7 2017, 11:00 AM

On my way
572 posts

My cat meowing a lot ... and stick to me 24hr.
Why ah?

8lackheaven
post Aug 7 2017, 02:54 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

QUOTE(Alert_RaZO @ Aug 7 2017, 11:00 AM)
My cat meowing a lot ... and stick to me 24hr.
Why ah?
Spayed ? Or kitten ?
Alert_RaZO
post Aug 7 2017, 09:57 PM

On my way
572 posts

ya... spay already
adult already
female
got spend time pet her and massage her.

TSspunkberry
post Aug 8 2017, 01:30 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

QUOTE(Alert_RaZO @ Aug 7 2017, 09:57 PM)
ya... spay already
adult already
female
got spend time pet her and massage her.
Some cats are needy and very social smile.gif
iqlas
post Aug 13 2017, 09:57 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Aug 1 2017, 01:02 AM)
I also recommend that if you are feeding strays, please see about getting them spayed/neutered.
Im planning to spay 2 cats soon that visited around my housing area. But is it a good idea to feed them? I live in low cost flat area and the community seems content to let the cat to starve. I feel bad seeing the cat are so skinny and previously there had been cases where kittens died because of lack food. It was terrible because I was there at its last moment. The sound the kitten made when it was about to die was scary and sad.

But at the same time those cats defecate and urinate everywhere and left terrible odours. It would be nice if this is solve but leaving them to starve seems very inhumane.
TSspunkberry
post Aug 14 2017, 10:24 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

QUOTE(iqlas @ Aug 13 2017, 09:57 PM)
Im planning to spay 2 cats soon that visited around my housing area. But is it a good idea to feed them? I live in low cost flat area and the community seems content to let the cat to starve. I feel bad seeing the cat are so skinny and previously there had been cases where kittens died because of lack food. It was terrible because I was there at its last moment. The sound the kitten made when it was about to die was scary and sad.

But at the same time those cats defecate and urinate everywhere and left terrible odours. It would be nice if this is solve but leaving them to starve seems very inhumane.
may be worth taking them to a shelter then.
usmanjailani
post Aug 15 2017, 10:25 AM

Getting Started
174 posts

i got a kitten..around 3months+ old..but he/she (as not sure its gender) have a problem in controlling it pooping as its like coming out little by little over time..last 2 days, its all over the floor under my sofa bed..currently locked him out in a cage..only let go when its meal time and several minutes for him to play with its siblings..

any thought?
holocauster
post Aug 15 2017, 10:44 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(usmanjailani @ Aug 15 2017, 10:25 AM)
i got a kitten..around 3months+ old..but he/she (as not sure its gender) have a problem in controlling it pooping as its like coming out little by little over time..last 2 days, its all over the floor under my sofa bed..currently locked him out in a cage..only let go when its meal time and several minutes for him to play with its siblings..

any thought?
Worm, food poisoning, who knows. Better take to the vet.
usmanjailani
post Aug 15 2017, 11:01 AM

Getting Started
174 posts

QUOTE(holocauster @ Aug 15 2017, 10:44 AM)
Worm, food poisoning, who knows. Better take to the vet.
i have extra worm med (from vet) from others cats..does it have an expiry date?.if im not mistaken, i got it last april..
neogeocdz
post Aug 15 2017, 03:06 PM

On my way
698 posts

QUOTE(usmanjailani @ Aug 15 2017, 11:01 AM)
i have extra worm med (from vet) from others cats..does it have an expiry date?.if im not mistaken, i got it last april..
Yes, there is expiry date for the medicine.
If you know of a vet that is reasonably priced, you should bring your kitten there for check up.

Involuntary discharges aren't normal, and we really can't tell what could be the problem.
My suggestion is to go see a vet asap.
neogeocdz
post Aug 15 2017, 03:21 PM

On my way
698 posts

QUOTE(iqlas @ Aug 13 2017, 09:57 PM)

Spaying the cats definitely helps with the overpopulation of cats rclxms.gif

As for feeding the strays, lots of people have very strong feelings about that, I have certainly heard a lot of argument about why we shouldn't feed the strays.
I feed strays at my area, but my area has basic cleaning for hallways and stairs, and I seldom see animals dirtied the properties.

I am not too sure about sending the kittens to shelter though.
Many shelters kill animals that is not adopted within certain time, I am not comfortable about doing that.

Several no-kill shelters that I know of, is so overwhelmed and I am not sure they can cope with extra animals.

usmanjailani
post Aug 15 2017, 03:32 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

QUOTE(neogeocdz @ Aug 15 2017, 03:06 PM)
Yes, there is expiry date for the medicine.
If you know of a vet that is reasonably priced, you should bring your kitten there for check up.

Involuntary discharges aren't normal, and we really can't tell what could be the problem.
My suggestion is to go see a vet asap.
noted..thx for advice..
rmsk932
post Aug 20 2017, 04:03 AM

0 posts

Hi, I've recently adopted 3 cats: 2 kittens with her stray mother. Hope we can learn from each other as I blog on their adventures staying with my family of 3 young boys and a puppy. Anyone else have both cats and dogs under one roof? How to handle as their introduction is already very interesting and intense?

My Khao Manees: http://FrozenInPenang.blogspot.my
My Mini Schnauzer: http://MiniInPenang.blogspot.my

This post has been edited by rmsk932: Aug 20 2017, 10:10 AM
basilisk
post Aug 20 2017, 11:02 AM

30 posts

the stray animal issue is a never ending problem worldwide.

i think that it is the government that should initiate and work towards reducing strays.

i have been following works if ngos and individual private rescuers for some time,

so far all of them are concentrating on rescues,

have not seen any that starts working to solve the " source " of the problem,

as usual , talk is easy..

so lets start with cat, why so many stray cats?

- still many people are against spaying..
- spaying/neutering is EXPENSIVE to them,

recently the selangor gov has started to subsidize spaying
this is a very good start. but selangor as malaysia's richest? state can do even more.

the subsidy is limited and many will not bother to go for it, many still haven't heard of it.

animal activists / ngo etc can actually go and spread the info, talk to ppl, help them get their cat neutered..

rmsk932
post Aug 20 2017, 03:02 PM

0 posts

I agree rescuing is just trying to fix the problem not the source. If found people to adopt it's good else finally they put down the animals also right?

Spaying is actually quite expensive as my vet says need to vaccinate 3 times first before spaying the mother stray. Is that true elsewhere?

Only way is SPCA or vets offering free spaying as a public service but doubt will happen as a big source of vets income. Any subsidy in Penang?

The other is illegal breeding farms which folks just need to stop buying pets but start adopting free from friends and centers. That's just my opinion right or wrong.
basilisk
post Aug 20 2017, 03:17 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(rmsk932 @ Aug 20 2017, 03:02 PM)
I agree rescuing is just trying to fix the problem not the source. If found people to adopt it's good else finally they put down the animals also right?

Spaying is actually quite expensive as my vet says need to vaccinate 3 times first before spaying the mother stray. Is that true elsewhere?

Only way is SPCA or vets offering free spaying as a public service but doubt will happen as a big source of vets income. Any subsidy in Penang?

The other is illegal breeding farms which folks just need to stop buying pets but start adopting free from friends and centers. That's just my opinion right or wrong.
spaying in penang the lowest cost i have found so far is frm a vet @ bayan baru,

the trap neuter and release group in pg send the cats to her for spaying and neutering.

normal vets will say need to fully vaccinate 3 times, but hey we are dealing with strays you know,

first catching them is an issue, now you want to catch them 3 times in 2 months then only can spay/neuter them?

by tht time the females already given birth.

so the vets that support neutering/spaying, would not insist on fully vaccinate the cats and dogs,

they will just vaccinate once and then neuter at the same time.

ngo and vet cant afford to offer free neutering, it is the local gov or some rich organization that should do it.

penang gov is planning a neuter stray program, not sure when it will happen.
SUSRaymondReddington
post Aug 20 2017, 06:05 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

I rescued 2 cats and recently found they have fleas. Was clean last time I checked.

Now with flea comb can whack about 5 to 10 initially but now because of regular combing and bath already down to 2 to 3 per day and today is zero.

But I believe they will come back so I started buying a bagged vacuum to clean the floor and sofa/chair they sleep on.

I bath my cats in dish washing soap for now.

I have not used any active spot-on products yet, should I ?

I am considering advantage for cats but I heard from pet store salesperson that it is not allowed to be sold in retail, and it's vet prescription only.

Should I use a spot-on product to turn my cats into a walking flea bomb?

I doubt my vacuuming/cleaning can get all the eggs/larvae immediately, as I am trying to permanently break the flea life cycle and I wonder if spot on products would help in addition to baths, vacuum, flea combing.

basilisk
post Aug 20 2017, 08:25 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(RaymondReddington @ Aug 20 2017, 06:05 PM)
I rescued 2 cats and recently found they have fleas. Was clean last time I checked.
Now with flea comb can whack about 5 to 10 initially but now because of regular combing and bath already down to 2 to 3 per day and today is zero.

But I believe they will come back so I started buying a bagged vacuum to clean the floor and sofa/chair they sleep on.
I bath my cats in dish washing soap for now.
I have not used any active spot-on products yet, should I ?

I am considering advantage for cats but I heard from pet store salesperson that it is not allowed to be sold in retail, and it's vet prescription only.
Should I use a spot-on product to turn my cats into a walking flea bomb?

I doubt my vacuuming/cleaning can get all the eggs/larvae immediately, as I am trying to permanently break the flea life cycle and I wonder if spot on products would help in addition to baths, vacuum, flea combing.
imo, it all depends on how much you can tahan the fleas. some ppl can live with cats with some fleas, n they use natural remedies to keep the fleas in check. if your cat is 100% indoor, it is easier to manage.

one option is to use those flea poison like advantage, frontline, use it a few times to totally eliminate the fleas, then your cat wont get new fleas cos they r 100% indoor

advantage use different poison compare to frontline, adv cant kill ticks, but frontline can. ive found ticks on outdoor cats.

spot on poison is much more concentrated than spray version. and you r to only apply between the shoulder blade, behind the neck. to prevent the cat frm licking the liquid u can put ecollar on them n wait for it to dry. most cat wont show any problem aft licking it tho.

SUSRaymondReddington
post Aug 20 2017, 08:43 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Aug 20 2017, 08:25 PM)
imo, it all depends on how much you can tahan the fleas. some ppl can live with cats with some fleas, n they use natural remedies to keep the fleas in check. if your cat is 100% indoor, it is easier to manage.

one option is to use those flea poison like advantage, frontline, use it a few times to totally eliminate the fleas, then your cat wont get new fleas cos they r 100% indoor

advantage use different poison compare to frontline, adv cant kill ticks, but frontline can. ive found ticks on outdoor cats.

spot on poison is much more concentrated than spray version. and you r to only apply between the shoulder blade, behind the neck. to prevent the cat frm licking the liquid u can put ecollar on them n wait for it to dry. most cat wont show any problem aft licking it tho.
Pet shops says the best is to use revolution, selamectin ingredient. Treats heartworms and etc too. The safest of all the spot ons but it's also the most expensive.

Rm 100++ for 3 pipets. But because I have 2 cats, oh boy the cost is going to skyrocket.

basilisk
post Aug 20 2017, 10:41 PM

30 posts

i hv bought revolution last time, yes most expensive, but heart worm is not really a concern for cats.

you dont hv to use it every month once the flea is under control.

frontline is cheapest n effective. if u use the spray type is better cos spray abit on the section where u find alot of flea droppings, put ecollar so the cat cant lick, wait til it dries. the fleas will go there n kena poison. hv to be carefull dont kena the cat eye when spraying, put d nozzle close to the skin, small squirt, use glove n rub the area so it spreads..

dont hv to follow the instruction, cos it is too excessive.

aft one round of flea shampoo, most of d flea will b killed.

137 Pages « < 69 70 71 72 73 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0256sec    0.58    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:57 PM