Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

228 Pages « < 146 147 148 149 150 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Advice Wanted [WTA] Proposal Ring & Wedding Bands, Please advice me!! Need Help!!

views

cashzz
post Jun 24 2019, 09:49 AM

12 posts

Dear forumers,

There is a lot of discussions and guide is choosing a diamond, but is there a "rule" in choosing the engagement settings? like what type of setting suites what type of diamond carat sizes, shapes.. how many prongs, whether to have side diamond or not.. because from Zcova i see alot of settings but dunno choose which icon_question.gif
Of cuz there is the arguement of choosing whichever 1 i like, but then again what I like may not fit the diamond that i choose right? doh.gif
kambingkoh
post Jun 24 2019, 11:19 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(cashzz @ Jun 24 2019, 09:49 AM)
Dear forumers,

There is a lot of discussions and guide is choosing a diamond, but is there a "rule" in choosing the engagement settings? like what type of setting suites what type of diamond carat sizes, shapes.. how many prongs, whether to have side diamond or not.. because from Zcova i see alot of settings but dunno choose which icon_question.gif
Of cuz there is the arguement of choosing whichever 1 i like, but then again what I like may not fit the diamond that i choose right?  doh.gif
Extra prongs will reduce the exposure of the diamond, but increase the security of the diamond holding at its place, but personally, I prefer to have maximum 4 prongs for my diamonds. There is also positioning of the diamond prongs to consider, either square or North South East West style (cross) for 4 prongs. If you really want a standard that is famous, consider the Tiffany setting or the Cartier 1895 setting (or something similar). Simple, classic, and elegant.

Anyway, I would still say it is really up to individual taste and it is really subjective. But usually, to maximize a diamond's performance, I would prefer to have a "hole" where the bottom of the diamond points to. This is to maximize the light travelling to the diamond. I would also like the diamond to be held higher up so it has more room for light and look more elegant.

Of course, really good diamonds won't need that because they grab all the light they need from the top, but then, I still prefer those points I highlighted above simply for peace of mind.

At the end of the day, it is really up to what the receiver really like. Different people different taste. So if you are afraid you are getting the wrong ring, I think ZCOVA can help you with that. As far as I know, they got a "propose with a diamond" plan. With that, you can let you fiance to select the diamond she likes when she visits the store, or even custom design one.
coolguy99
post Jun 24 2019, 03:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,818 posts

May I ask where did you guys get your wedding band?
cashzz
post Jun 24 2019, 05:33 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jun 24 2019, 11:19 AM)
Extra prongs will reduce the exposure of the diamond, but increase the security of the diamond holding at its place, but personally, I prefer to have maximum 4 prongs for my diamonds. There is also positioning of the diamond prongs to consider, either square or North South East West style (cross) for 4 prongs. If you really want a standard that is famous, consider the Tiffany setting or the Cartier 1895 setting (or something similar). Simple, classic, and elegant.

Anyway, I would still say it is really up to individual taste and it is really subjective. But usually, to maximize a diamond's performance, I would prefer to have a "hole" where the bottom of the diamond points to. This is to maximize the light travelling to the diamond. I would also like the diamond to be held higher up so it has more room for light and look more elegant.

Of course, really good diamonds won't need that because they grab all the light they need from the top, but then, I still prefer those points I highlighted above simply for peace of mind.

At the end of the day, it is really up to what the receiver really like. Different people different taste. So if you are afraid you are getting the wrong ring, I think ZCOVA can help you with that. As far as I know, they got a "propose with a diamond" plan. With that, you can let you fiance to select the diamond she likes when she visits the store, or even custom design one.
Exactly what I needed! thank you kambingkoh!

P.S can you provide me your referral for Zcova? incase I purchase from them so u get something in return smile.gif
kambingkoh
post Jun 24 2019, 08:11 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(cashzz @ Jun 24 2019, 05:33 PM)
Exactly what I needed! thank you kambingkoh!

P.S can you provide me your referral for Zcova? incase I purchase from them so u get something in return smile.gif
You can just inform them Yang Kin recommended you. Many thanks. smile.gif
kambingkoh
post Jun 24 2019, 08:13 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(coolguy99 @ Jun 24 2019, 03:52 PM)
May I ask where did you guys get your wedding band?
SK Jewellery. Comfort fit. A pair for 4k+ almost 3 years back.
coolguy99
post Jun 24 2019, 10:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,818 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jun 24 2019, 08:13 PM)
SK Jewellery. Comfort fit. A pair for 4k+ almost 3 years back.
Thank you will check that out. biggrin.gif
ZONX
post Jun 25 2019, 09:41 AM

Casual
336 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jun 24 2019, 09:48 AM)
If this is being sold for approximately RM 6k for stone alone. Will you buy this stone with overkill specs?

https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=6...s=1561340805738

user posted image

user posted image
H&A is so nice for this. Does it has an owner yet?
Or kambing is going to own it..?
kambingkoh
post Jun 25 2019, 09:47 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(ZONX @ Jun 25 2019, 09:41 AM)
H&A is so nice for this. Does it has an owner yet?
Or kambing is going to own it..?
It is in virtual inventory. So probably no owner yet. Don't really prefer the 45% star length though... Anyway it is one of the better diamonds in the virtual inventory but if we want to be strict about hearts and arrows, it is not going to be as good as those vendors that sell really good ones like Brian Gavin.

Not going to own it. Budget allocated for something else tongue.gif

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Jun 25 2019, 09:49 AM
kambingkoh
post Jun 26 2019, 03:43 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

Will anyone buy this for RM 3050? Not 100% hearts and arrows, but it has good light return and good 4Cs.
0.3ct D VVS1

https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=1...s=1561534957489

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Jun 26 2019, 04:03 PM
Chrislimmer P
post Jun 26 2019, 11:43 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(Chrislimmer @ Jun 18 2019, 11:21 PM)
Hey magpie, are you sure your friend got 0.5 G VS1 from habib at 6k? currently zcova is doing a 0.5 E VS2 8.7k nett promo. initially wanted to go for the promo but seems like zcova is not that cheap afterall? my understanding is the two colour grades difference shudnt have such big price difference.
Follow up from my previous post, just wanna update fellow forummers on my diamond purchase over the weekend.

I managed to get a 0.51 F VS2 triple excellent from Tomei for 8.8k. Manager told me that 0.5 E VS2 probably 9k. I also visited a few other stores, prices are pretty much there. Only some are slightly more expensive but i thought it's fair given the premium feeling and top notch services they provide, which include life time polishing etc.

Overall my conclusion is zcova might offer few hundred cheaper but if you would like to have alot more options to choose from and touching/seeing your diamond before your purchase, the brick & motars are not too bad. In fact the process was quite enjoyable. I managed to learn quite alot about diamonds from different people.
IVL
post Jul 2 2019, 02:35 PM

Casual
313 posts

QUOTE(Chrislimmer @ Jun 26 2019, 11:43 PM)
Follow up from my previous post, just wanna update fellow forummers on my diamond purchase over the weekend.

I managed to get a 0.51 F VS2 triple excellent from Tomei for 8.8k. Manager told me that 0.5 E VS2 probably 9k. I also visited a few other stores, prices are pretty much there. Only some are slightly more expensive but i thought it's fair given the premium feeling and top notch services they provide, which include life time polishing etc.

Overall my conclusion is zcova might offer few hundred cheaper but if you would like to have alot more options to choose from and touching/seeing your diamond before your purchase, the brick & motars are not too bad. In fact the process was quite enjoyable. I managed to learn quite alot about diamonds from different people.
Just get my 0.5 ct E VS2 from ZCOVA.
8680 inclusive of the ring setting..
Are the cutting specs near to good?
user posted image

This post has been edited by IVL: Jul 2 2019, 03:02 PM
kambingkoh
post Jul 2 2019, 10:36 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(IVL @ Jul 2 2019, 02:35 PM)
Just get my 0.5 ct E VS2 from ZCOVA.
8680 inclusive of the ring setting..
Are the cutting specs near to good?
user posted image
If you want consider the specs together with proportions, they are good.

Hca is just a rejection tool BTW.

Real life viewing is better than that. How do you feel?
mrkeann
post Jul 3 2019, 10:44 PM

31 posts

Did my setting at memory

user posted image
coolguy99
post Jul 4 2019, 12:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,818 posts

QUOTE(mrkeann @ Jul 3 2019, 10:44 PM)
Did my setting at memory

user posted image
Wow that is a huge diamond, how many carat is there?
kambingkoh
post Jul 4 2019, 04:21 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

Did my setting at memory

user posted image
Nice... but I thought they are too expensive?
eddie2020
post Jul 4 2019, 04:37 AM

Trusted
3,084 posts

Did my setting at memory

user posted image
How muxh is this haha
mrkeann
post Jul 4 2019, 11:30 AM

31 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jul 4 2019, 04:21 AM)
Nice... but I thought they are too expensive?
They are able to meet my tight timeframe and did ask for discount a bit biggrin.gif
mrkeann
post Jul 4 2019, 11:31 AM

31 posts

QUOTE(coolguy99 @ Jul 4 2019, 12:05 AM)
Wow that is a huge diamond, how many carat is there?
It is a 1.25c
mrkeann
post Jul 4 2019, 11:32 AM

31 posts

QUOTE(eddie2020 @ Jul 4 2019, 04:37 AM)
How muxh is this haha
Ard 15k+

228 Pages « < 146 147 148 149 150 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0148sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:03 PM